8.4

1. Aug 5, 2014
    This game struck exactly the right blood vein in me when I played it back on 2000. From the intro, to the main theme music in menu, to first steps in dark ages Prague, to turning into vampire and experiencing adventures from the medieval and beyond. I completely loved this experience. Especially the historic parts in Prague and Vienna were fantastic. I loved the story, I loved the voiceThis game struck exactly the right blood vein in me when I played it back on 2000. From the intro, to the main theme music in menu, to first steps in dark ages Prague, to turning into vampire and experiencing adventures from the medieval and beyond. I completely loved this experience. Especially the historic parts in Prague and Vienna were fantastic. I loved the story, I loved the voice acting, the atmosphere, the music, I eventually finished it 3 times and then played some of the unique multiplayer where one player creates the adventure and plays as a game master for another player, I loved every single bit of this title. 10/10 Expand
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    The first and the last true vampire RPG. "Vampire: The Masquerade" is the game series that should be revived. Sadly the game came to the final death.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    The game suffers the same problem as Dungeon Siege 2 at first everything seems to be OK but after playing for some time you start yawning. And you wonder what is wrong with you. The game has a very good story, quality voice-overs, decent graphics, good RPG system BUT... Absurdly idiotic bugs can make you want to slash your wrists (ex. I had to start a new game just after some hour ofThe game suffers the same problem as Dungeon Siege 2 at first everything seems to be OK but after playing for some time you start yawning. And you wonder what is wrong with you. The game has a very good story, quality voice-overs, decent graphics, good RPG system BUT... Absurdly idiotic bugs can make you want to slash your wrists (ex. I had to start a new game just after some hour of playing, just because the game system decided to flag couple of monsters as already dead and I could not trigger the cut-scene by killing them you cannot get a lamer "block" bug and I say it not only as a gamer but as a game developer who knows how QA should run their test plans), bosses are overpowered, characters are underpowered, the gameplay is boring and repetitive (you just want kill those damned 100 of monsters as quickly as possible to finish the quest and go to another portion of the very interesting plot)...
    I give 5 to reflect on all of this. Great RPG features sided with terribly lame mistakes on game design and technological fields and boring hack and slash gameplay.
  4. Apr 18, 2013
    obviously not reaching its full potentiial but that does not matter. this is still is one of the most enjoyable and rich rpg i ever played (along with infinity engine rpgs and fallout 1&2). i recently replayed it after 10 years and its story, emotion and solid lore amazed me even more (i was 12 when i first played it so couldn't get the best out of it). definately worth revisiting inobviously not reaching its full potentiial but that does not matter. this is still is one of the most enjoyable and rich rpg i ever played (along with infinity engine rpgs and fallout 1&2). i recently replayed it after 10 years and its story, emotion and solid lore amazed me even more (i was 12 when i first played it so couldn't get the best out of it). definately worth revisiting in 2013. christof is definitely my favorite pratogonist in computer games. i mean you are a crusader in 12th century, a man of GOD, warrior for the kingdom of HEAVEN and turn into a VAMPIRE. and your story goes on and on from 12th century Prague to New York of 1999. how cool is that:) Expand
  5. Apr 4, 2012
    Spanning from the Dark Ages to the eve of the second millennium, Vampire: Redemption delivers the player an epic story, recounting the strife of a crusader soon embraced by vampirism and turned into one of those very creatures he once sworn to defy. The characters met across the game are unique, each one of them embodying the struggle against the curse of immortal life, all of this beingSpanning from the Dark Ages to the eve of the second millennium, Vampire: Redemption delivers the player an epic story, recounting the strife of a crusader soon embraced by vampirism and turned into one of those very creatures he once sworn to defy. The characters met across the game are unique, each one of them embodying the struggle against the curse of immortal life, all of this being delivered through tons of beautiful lines of dialogue which you won't forget. The obvious flaws with the visuals and a sometimes weird AI behaviour and frustrating combat (though typical for an Hack&Slash game) do not undermine an otherwise masterpiece of game history.
    Play through it, you won't regret it.
  6. Dec 21, 2011
    One of the best RPG games back in the day... i wrote another review but somehow lost the pass for the other account.

The game has incredibly huge replayability gameplay, you can create nice scenerarios with the StoryTeller system because it allows you to place NPCs, Props and Item in any way you like.
  7. Mar 31, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game. Going from human to uber medieval vamp and then waking up an old and powerful supernatural creature in the 20th century, all weaved with a dark and engaging storyline, fun combat and surprising abilities, rates this title as one of my fondest RPG experiences, certainly not as epic but just as endearing as Dragon Age Origins, Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout.
  8. EtaYoriusMystic
    Dec 15, 2009
    THE Best RPG EVER, honestly... you have to check on what the community has done, there is still community that support this game even after 9 years of its release, i dont understand how the "Critics" say its repetivive... im sure they never EVER played with the ST System which was copied by Neverwinter Nights, a MUST play RPG for a true RPG and Vampire fan.
  9. JohnR.
    Sep 13, 2008
    In my opinion one of the best RPGs ever. Yes, it gets quite monotounous often but which typical hack & slay doesn't? And unlike Dungeon Siege or Diablo Vampire comes with a stirring storyline that's being told in billions of lines of beautiful dialogues. It's a pity that it had been forgotten so fast. As for me: I'll definetely replay the main storyline at least one In my opinion one of the best RPGs ever. Yes, it gets quite monotounous often but which typical hack & slay doesn't? And unlike Dungeon Siege or Diablo Vampire comes with a stirring storyline that's being told in billions of lines of beautiful dialogues. It's a pity that it had been forgotten so fast. As for me: I'll definetely replay the main storyline at least one more time (I've already done so twice). Expand
  10. WaightZer
    Jun 25, 2008
    One of my most favorite PC games ever. Very good graphic for its time. All movie vampires become weak comparing the ones in this game.
  11. Avi
    Jun 18, 2005
    One of the best storytellers. The adventure, the magic, the power amazingly astonishing. The RPG interface really sucked. They could do better then a "mouse fighting" interface... Few bugs, but nothing to worry about.
  12. John
    Dec 5, 2002
    Where is the second part??
  13. BrunoM.
    Sep 11, 2002
    The game is the best , but sometimes the rats go past the wall but i am sure that is not a problem, they are probably phantom rats!!
  14. NickL.
    May 28, 2002
    It Rocks!!! This is THE GAME!!!
  15. DemmiahK.
    May 5, 2002
    Truly captivating but poorly executed. Sometimes I feel as though I should be in the game fighting simply because the AI doesn't allow my character do so in a fast and efficient enough manner. (Also, were not bloodsuckers, just confused.)
  16. Mezdec
    Apr 19, 2002
    Truly awesome and unique!
  17. Amadeus
    Mar 15, 2002
    The only drawbacks were the AI, and a lack of freedom in some pivotal areas of the storyline. Despite these faults, it was fun for hours and offers excellent re-playability.
  18. TonyC.
    Aug 29, 2001
    It's a great game...the only bad thing is is that it's SOMETIMES, I repeat SOMETIMES, a pain in the neck.
  19. JuniorD.
    Aug 17, 2001
    Cooooooooooool.
    Aug 5, 2001
    One of the truly greatest games I have ever played; I waiver between this and "BG2." One of the few complaints I have is that if you have played this game enough,(I have played it three times) you realize that you are better off when you don't use your coterie. Their AI is horrible, they attack indiscriminately, and they waste blood at the slightest provocation. The last two times I One of the truly greatest games I have ever played; I waiver between this and "BG2." One of the few complaints I have is that if you have played this game enough,(I have played it three times) you realize that you are better off when you don't use your coterie. Their AI is horrible, they attack indiscriminately, and they waste blood at the slightest provocation. The last two times I have played this game, in fact, I have fought probably 98% of the battles on my own. Otherwise a great game!! Expand
  21. PhalipaM.
    Jul 9, 2001
    This game has so many cool things you can do with your person.

1. If you are not the squeamish type, and you enjoy RPGs, this game may give you that dark thrill you’ve been waiting for.
  2. PC Gamer
    Fresh out of the box, it's disappointing. But with patches, it could be the king of RPGs. [Sept 2000, p.95]
  3. The weak cutscenes, poor combat system and somewhat redundant spell system don't help its cause, and the game falls far short of what it could have been.