8.8

1. Apr 16, 2013
    The latest expansion to Paradox's Victoria series brings more to the table than before. With a newly introduced Crisis system to push forward with diplomatic missions without war.

A nice feature I was waiting for was a larger African and colonial factor. Now you can have competing colonization on a larger scale, navies are much more important, and African states can be released into actual puppet states. This completely changes the dichotomy of game play.

While I don't feel like it was worth the $20, it is very fun.
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    There are TONS of bugs which could be eliminated by simply playing the game at once. Don't buy yet, wait for patches and promotions. I wonder if devs even payed attention to the game.
  3. Apr 16, 2013

While I don't feel like it was worth the $20, it is very fun.

1. Sep 19, 2013
    Just like Victoria 2: A House Divided, Heart of Darkness is a well-done expansion pack. Its improvements are focused on some very specific gameplay aspects, but they’re really deep.
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Jun 19, 2013
    Once the dominion diarrhea is sorted out, an essential purchase for owners of Victoria II: A House Divided. [July 2013, p.96]
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    After some patching and a couple of expansions, Victoria 2 is rounding into shape. It is still deep with a killer learning curve, but it is starting to feel like a fun game rather than a buggy spreadsheet.