6.7

1. Aug 17, 2013
    This is best simulation of World War II. Take your plane and prepare for best war simulator ever!yet better this game is simulator it MMo mode!!!!!!!!
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    I think that's one of the best F2P game out there. Real Free to Play, absolutely no "Pay 2 Win" in War Thunder. If you pay, you just get levels a bit faster. No more.
    The game is just amazing: graphics, gameplay (divided between arcade, historical and real battles), longevity... everything is great. I played about 40 hours and still not annoied.
    They also plan to add ships and tanks
    controlled by players in single battles... if they will accomplish that... it will be the best WWII game ever. Expand
  3. Sep 2, 2013
    This is exactly what I've been looking for a long time. After all I am a simulation gamer, but the arcade battles are great fun when you don't want to go actual simulation gaming (IL1946). There are enough variation in missions and environments. Flying and dogfighting between mountains is very intense and fun. Just don't play this dick in your forehead, have fun!
  4. Aug 30, 2013
    For me... The most fun I have hade playing multiplayer since BF2!! Takes a little time to become familiar with the menu and how it all works, but this should not stop someone who like this type of games...
  5. Aug 21, 2013
    Great game still a beta so they are still fixing bugs and adding new things. If you like World War II games this game is for you. War thunder has great visuals and sounds and the planes are realistic.
  6. Aug 27, 2013
    One of my new favorite war plane games, and my favorite WWII based game. There is no pay to win; there is only pay for a new experience. From the great joy of downing your first enemy, to the bitter taste of being shot down in your favorite plane, War Thunder will always reward.
  7. Sep 17, 2013
    Fantastic game and graphics. Never felt like I had to put money into the game to have fun, but did anyway. I recommend you all try and play with wingmen in a squadron as well, covering one another is very important and makes the game even more enjoyable.

Give it a shot, lots of fun.
  8. Oct 28, 2013
    Excellent game. Great visuals, sound, and gameplay.

Extremely small learning curve mouse control is simple and straight-forward. You do not need a joystick. I played for hours before even trying the tutorials, which are really not necessary but they give you points for completion. It is helpful to modify your DPI settings depending on what type of plane you are flying (higher for
    fighters, lower for bombers).

I have not spent single penny and I am able to compete easily with other players at my level.

The game is pretty historically accurate, which is why the "factions" (a.k.a. countries) are not perfectly balanced. That is part of the fun.

I love other comments about dogfighting with bombers... they are bombers and are not designed for dogfighting. They are designed for bombing, hence the name. Bombers are great fun and extremely easy to aim/drop and destroy targets.

All plan types are easy and fun fighters, heavy fighters, dive bombers, bombers, etc. If you spend a little time messing around with maneuvering your plane you will quickly learn how to handle yourself in a dogfight. I find it quite enjoyable inventing new maneuvers on the fly, and pulling of a ridiculous move to evade an enemy fighter.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    I've been playing warthunder for several months and I am level 20 all nations I have spent so far on the game around 300$ over 8 months having said that the game became more expensive and all the stuff I bought for 300$ now costs at least double.P2W is not an issue except when a premium airplane is overpowered (most recently premium FW190-D13) and you have no other way of obtaining it then through your credit card. Pay 2 progress is there as well,but no "gold" ammunition etc. Premium airplanes cost from 2 to 25$

Graphics: Very nice 10/10
    Controls:
    Mouse & keyboard 10/10
    Joysticks 6/10 (mouse aim is far superior to joystick the only advantage a joystick has is turning but he is also at risk of stalling out which can't happen to you if you are on mouse aim)
    Gameplay:
    Arcade (75% of community plays this) very easy mode to play
    Historical Battles (20% plays this) very fun game mode with no respawn takes some skill to master and if you dive too fast you can loose your wings and has physics and bullet drop.

Full Real Battles: semi sim experience best played with a joystick and facetracking though the xbox 360 gamepad dominates over joysticks in this game mode.

It's a fun game but a beta non the less... I recommend play it a couple of days if you like get the premium and don't give them a dime for anything else.
  10. Oct 23, 2013
    War Thunder is a very realistic and fun multiplayer game. I am constantly excited during the gameplay and the flying is amazing. The range of vehicles improves on the game so much. The game will never leave you bored with a large variety of goals to strive for. Overall I LOVE IT!
  11. Sep 18, 2013
    This is what a great F2P game should be. Plenty to do, all of it free, with the people who pay only saving time and not getting an unfair advantage.

Graphically, the game is beautiful, and the engine feels very well optimized. Playing with a steady 50-60FPS, even on the high settings is no problem, and overall the experience is smooth. Terrain in the distance looks particularly good,
    and gives a good sense of immersion.

In terms of gameplay, it plays exactly how you would want an a flight sim to play. Obviously, every match has you trying to shoot down the other players, but there are always other objectives as well (arcade), or full on battle reproductions (historical). No matter what your favorite plane type is, there will be something for you to do.

The game features good progression AS you play you level up both your player, and your respective Air Force rank. As you rank up, new and more challenging planes become available to purchase. Each plane has its own progression, improving its performance overall, and allowing you to vary your loadout (to a degree.. you cannot change the guns, but you can change what they shoot, and if you carry bombs, what bombs you have).

Admittedly, it can be hard to see in match, but they also offer a wealth of customization, in both skins and decals. While some will complain, most of these are not free; but lets be honest here, they have to make money somehow, right? For me, i would rather that they charge for vanity items, than make the game pay to win.

The game as of this date is still in beta, and there are hickups here and there. But as it stands, compared to other "launched" games like MechWarrior Onliine, this game could officially launch and be successful. Hopefully, it retains a strong user base, and keeps going well.
  12. Sep 28, 2013
    People going into this expecting a true simulation may be underwhelmed,
    but it's not the true intention of War Thunder.

This is about WW2 dogfights and providing air support for the ground units, it's both casual, deeply engaging and well detailed.
    WarThunder captures the feeling of flying each plane beautifully, with looks, sounds, handling and tactics that showcase that each plane
    was unique and special in WW2
    This is a very fun game, and far from pay to win like some "critics" are complaining about. Of course there are benefits for paying for things, as some planes cannot be obtained through gameplay alone but the majority can, and quite easily depending on your skill level. The plane unlock progresses seemingly along the path mirroring how technology advanced as WW2 raged. With more planes, weapons and parts, coming available as you rank up. All planes are fairly historically accurate with their equipment, so naturally some will be better than others, but every plane has a purpose and can hold it's own.

The controls are whatever you choose, k/b and mouse, pad, or joystick, and all work quite well. Mouse and keyboard use for a flying sim, has been strangely butchered in flying games in the past, but in WarThunder it makes sense and is still a satisfying flying experience. People voicing negativity at the mouse being 'superior' to use in arcade mode, are missing the point completely.

The maps are varied and many are based off real WW2 air battle-spaces, like Guatamala or the skies of The Battle For Britain, Iwo Jima and many others.

This is a great game, easy to get into, with optional tutorials for when you need them (such as your first bomber being bought) the menu system is not perfect but it's still fairly intuitive and friendly.

My only criticisms are; the music can be a bit repetive after a while, but it is still not "annoying" and maintains the WW2 'flavour', the sounds of the planes and explosions are quite satisfying.

Perhaps this will be patched soon, but a small oversight in some of the "suicide" mechanics, especially in arcade mode. I would like to see is bigger penalties for those "kimakaze" attacks some people have no shame in doing, although some do make sense (if your heavily damaged and outnumbered, better to take an enemy to the grave with you)

There is also a small oversight, in that if you shoot down a bomber and the bomb the ground before they hit it (the explosion kills/damages them) you are completely denied a kill due to simple bad sportsmanship. There needs to be penalties to discourage this kind of behaviour. Even in the real WW2 air battles, they had a certain level of respect for each other, and they [i] were [i/] trying to kill each other, or a least destroy their plane.
    People complaining excessively about bugs need to remember that this is a BETA! I am yet to encounter any serious bugs either, and I have put in 30 hours. Possible the smoothest beta I have ever seen.
    The fantastic code optimisation means some great and silky smooth visuals are the norm for this gem.

The best free to play I have experienced, ever, WarThunder is up there as a solid game in it's own right even if it was a full price title. I wouldnt indeed buy this game for $50

Graphics 9.5 Sound 9.0. Gameplay 9.0 Longevity 9.0 Total 9/10

If you like air combat, WW2 or PC multiplayer games in general, I can recommend giving this a go.
  13. Oct 21, 2013
    For a F2P game, it excels in every aspect. The game is not pay2win like some others have stated and you don't need to pay anything to enjoy the game. Paying gives you exactly what you expect from a free2play model, faster progression. The game is a WWII simulator that has 3 different styles of accuracy. You get an Arcade system which is user friendly and easy to learn. Then there is a historical mode which makes it a bit harder but still forgiving. Then there is full real battle which sticks you in view with the need of a joystick (or mouse as joystick) and is much more simulation based but not as much as say the DCS series.

The use of money allows you to get premium planes which are typically a bit better at their tier however with the way the game works where you can have multiple planes per game you can still excel. It is not hard to kill something 1, 2, 3, even 5 or more tiers higher than you once you get into the middle of the game. It does not work like World of Tanks where if you are 5 tiers lower you don't stand a chance in a 1v1, here you can still get your kill albeit tougher, you still have a chance.

The plane costs are fair and most cost under $10 to buy, even higher tiers. Some are more expensive but if you buy the packs they offer you get more then your monies worth. Some people have complained about the time it takes to upgrade each plane/crew however this isn't that type of game. The game isn't about getting to the max level and tier as fast as possible as you should enjoy each tier thoroughly. Gaijin does this in a good way where you learn each plane, its advantages/disadvantages and thus making you a better pilot as you progress.

I have 100+ hours in the game thus far and it has me coming back every day wanting more. I can tell you that I sucked hard for the first 10-15 hours of game play, then as you continue to play your skill increases drastically. The game is still in beta and each month, more and more content is released. They still have kinks to work out but for a F2P game you can't ask for much more. It's not like it will cost you anything to give it a chance, just don't expect to be an ace pilot without putting a solid amount of time into the game.
  14. Dec 20, 2013
    Good physics and graphics. It all works with fine optimisation.
    Not like world of tanks, which give zero graphics and zero physics and demands ultra-high-end computer for that crap
  15. Oct 17, 2013
    Ignore the idiots that are calling this game pay to win, or saying it has bad controls. It certainly isn't pay to win and a blind monkey could fly using the mouse and keyboard its so well optimised. This game offers a unique and well executed blend of realism and hardcore simulator style battles, but also arcade style battles for casual users. The game isn't even out yet so people can't complain about the "bugs" they have found (which there is very few of) and of course there are flight model and balancing problems, but they are still usually quite minor, and I'm sure they'll be fixed before the game comes out/ Expand
  16. Oct 19, 2013
    War Thunder Gaijin Entertainment. 2009 War Thunder World of Planes. 2011 World of Planes War Thunder, World of Planes World of Planes War Thunder. 2012 года.

Как War Thunder War Thunder War Thunder У-2), War Thunder техники.

После War Thunder War Thunder сражаться.

Но War Thunder PvE, PVP-режимов. War Thunder.
  17. Oct 31, 2013
    This Game is one of the best (if not THE best) free simulation of WWII. The graphics are stunning, ultra-realistic game-play, and if you love war games, I recommend this one. The only down are the Golden Eagles (Premium money to unlock planes). It is overpriced, but other than that, a great game.
    P.S This game is in beta, so be on the look out for tanks and naval ships.
  18. Dec 14, 2013
    A great product that does not have today in the marketplace, which could provide comparable quality, relevance and optimization of the game engine. Keep it up.
  19. Dec 20, 2013
    Nice game. Very easy to start playing and find a plane for comfortable game. You start with a biplanes and you can get some other planes fast. You can make setup that best fits your game style without spending a lot of time or money.
  20. Dec 20, 2013
    Excellent game, that will include 3 forces: air, ground and naval, fighting with each other on one map. Great graphics, sound, gameplay. Have 3 levels of difficulty: from arcade to simulator. This amazing game already have air forces, but tanks will come out soon. Also this game is free to play.
  21. Dec 29, 2013
    Hello, I have seen a lot of negative reviews. In my understanding it was due: - Old reviews (before game was polished) - WWII freaks complaining about plane X was designed to work against plane Y and it doesn't work in the same way in the game. - People complaining about this is a pay to win videogame Absolutely false! These people are suc*kers. I can guarantee I have finished first or second a lot of times and I have not spent a single euro.

Now... What we have in War Thunder:

- Impressive graphics (And I don't have NASA computer).
    - Best dogfighting EVER and with that I mean memorable and sometimes absolutely epic fights between other players
    - Plane parts enhancements
    - Crew enhancements (G-force tolerance, vitality, visibility, etc...)
    - A ton of planes
    - Best mouse aim system in years
    - Even in "arcade" mode, quite realistic behavior

Closure comments: Plz, give it a try. I cannot say about realistic and simulation modes (joystick needed) coz I haven't played them but the "arcade" mode is THE FUNNIEST THING IN AGES!

MUST PLAY! IT'S FREE! GIVE IT A TRY!
  22. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best Airplane FPS shooters I have ever seen. Offers different view modes and a variety of different planes. Ground Forces (Tanks) is now in OBT (Open Beta Testing) and has a few bugs but is not bad. Naval Forces are coming soon.
  23. Jun 6, 2014
    War Thunder is really good game, it isn't pay2win game. Many maps, planes and tanks, rly good optimized, beautifiul graphics. This is best simulation of World War II
  24. May 21, 2014
    As far as P2W games go, this is one of the best - quick, adrenaline filled battles and affordable premium currency. The core game mechanics of high intensity air combat is fun across all tiers.

After playing arcade battles for a few months (and spending like 50$), I'm starting to like this game more and more. The skill gap between players is HUGE, with 3-4 top players getting 90% of
    kills each match. Luckily, I'm one of them. Chances are if you have some experience with mouse flying from other games, you will like the game too. MOUSE FLYING IS AWESOME and joystick is not really needed for arcade battles.

The scoreboard for most matches lookes like 8-6-4-2-1-1...0-0-0-0-0, with some planes(P39,P63) clearly performing better than others. A lot of players in tiers 1 to 3 seem completely blind and oblivious to the radar, so they get sniped by autocannons from the side at 0.77km.

My review is based on Arcade mode, as I found Realistic or Simulator battles to have too few players, long waiting times and 5 minute flights to get to the objective. Arcade battles drop two teams of 15 players head on, with pretty nice furballs developing within a couple minutes or so. This is much more fun than World of Tanks or World of Warplanes.

In terms of country balance, it seems that each nation has good planes and mediocre placeholders. Americans have P-39 and P-63 which seem to insta-chop-off-my-wings very frequently. Russians have IL-2 and I-16. German entire line of heavy fighters is awesome (BF-110 to Do-217 to ME-410). The only country I don't understand is Japan, as their planes seem too fragile and poorly armed.

The game has a couple of arcade play modes, mostly capture the airfield or bomb out enemy base. Both have ground units that move and can be destroyed with bombs or rockets. There's bunkers, tanks, ships and it seems like in the future each may be player controlled.

The in-game currency seems reasonably priced, with a month of premium account costing about 15$, comparable to most other MMOs. I personally found that spending just 10-20 golden eagles is enough to raise a plane to 100-150 crew level, required to turn a plane's crew into "expert". Doing so offers in-game bonuses of slower gun overheating, less blackouts during high-G turns and quicker reload times.
  25. Nov 16, 2013
    Several game mods from arcade with simple physic, to full realism, where you are bound to and all target markers are off.
    + Don't have joystick? Not a problem, mouse control is easy as well, maybe even better.
    + Every plane has its own behavior starting american fighters are worst in the game, but their flying fortress is a best.
    + Premium planes are NOT better than other, all of
    them have good and bad sides someone have good speed, or maneuverability, or guns, or armor.
    + Slight level difference means nothing even zero level biplane can become a serious weapon in right hands.
    + Tanks are on the way.
  26. Dec 2, 2013
    Started playing out of curiosity and was thoroughly impressed. Large selection of planes as well as five nations to play as well. Haven't paid a cent and it seems the only point of paying is to speed up the time to level up and increase your planes capabilities. I prefer just earning it the old fashioned way. Can't wait for the army and navy portions to become available.
  27. Feb 12, 2014
    An excellent FTP game, gameplay is superb. Like all FTP titles, the problems come with the in-game economy. Grind times are horrendous, even if you choose to pay money for a "premium account", but the game is fun enough to start out, so that that isn't really a problem. The game does get boring after the first 400 or so hours, though.
  28. Dec 18, 2013
    There can be either World of Tanks or World of Warplanes, even they are better too, THIS is THE BEST war simulator I have ever played and will play, tho.
  29. Ext
    Dec 20, 2013
    I`m addicted to this game! Very nice graphics and air battles in the setting of WWII. Game is still in development and changes very quickly. Tanks will be added soon!!!1.
    No pay2win.
  30. Dec 20, 2013
    Warthunder is a "dream game" for anyone who likes the ww2 aviaton but is not serious enough to be a pro-vurtual pilot. Its easy, simple yet deep to play, has a 100 gameplay variations with single and multiplayer options. Plus... its free and there is no pay-to-win. (those who say otherwise are quite dumb andor havent played the game). I especially like the "realistic battle" setting. ^^ Higly recommended Expand
  31. Dec 20, 2013
    I played IL2 Sturmovik online and I can say if you think WT will beat IL2 in sim field you're wrong. But that ok because frankly i think IL 2 rather boring. Too much sim to my taste. So overall I find WT better than IL 2 (sim part not included)
  32. Dec 20, 2013
    I love this game. One of the few games that can attract and to keep the player for a long time. Superb graphics, great gameplay, good optimization a lot of fun.
  33. Dec 20, 2013
    I think, the main feature of the game is rather detailed phisical model wich generate various interesting situation.
    War Thunder isn't the most easy game I've been played. But if you spent some time to acquaint with it You won't regret.
  34. Dec 20, 2013
    The best session MMO and the easiest way to learn how to fly, with getting small history lesson. After WarThunder flying school, you would not have any trouble with some hardcore sim, like BoS, or DCS.
  35. Aug 10, 2014
    Great game. Wonderful graphics (if you have a good computer).
    Easy to play (in arcade mode) Hard to master (in simulator mode). Not dependent of any joystick or similar, but it can make you enjoy even more.
    IMPORTANT: its a Beta game, so there is balancing and bugs to be fixed, yet we just see a great game becoming even better.
    True-F2P or P2W? Definitely a true Free to Play game. All
    premium planes aren't necessary going to make you better. E.g. (Premium planes are captured planes of other nations or planes/tanks that did not pass from the test flights/drives, all will face planes according their stats)
    About who is complaining about the update that ruined the game. Yeah I agree a little bit, but the game went a lot better in the mean time. It's a Must Try.
  36. Sep 28, 2014
    Excellent graphics, good immersion, and servers work well. Should be more maps, but the game is still on beta. To be a f2p game is an amazing game. Try it
  37. Jul 22, 2014
    This is a free to die game and verry expensive to win, about 200€ to start. However is the verry best flight simulator of WW II in multiplayer on-line (MMO) mode.
  38. Jul 3, 2014
    This game has been plagued by people complaining about the economy and research system because "it used to be better". However, if you look at the game ignoring how it used to be, it is fantastic. Great graphics, a huge number of vehicles to play with and customize, loads of beautiful maps and a dynamic, exciting battles. Many people also complain that the game is pay to win yet I find once you get a decent amount of experience and build up your skill it gets easier and easier to progress. I can't wait to see how the game will turn out to be when finished. Expand
  39. Jul 27, 2014
    I have played a lot of flight simulators and this one is the best. I can't wait to see how this game pans out after oculus rift comes out.

I like to point out that people cry about how this game matches you up with higher tier planes/tanks (VERY RARELY), they don't understand that this game takes in BATTLERANKS of the vehicle, not the HARDCODED tier. This prevents players from using
    highest planes in Tier X vs the lowest planes in Tier X which helps balance significantly.

Another thing I want to address is that there are also people crying about how a specific faction's guns are a bit weaker. Ex. 3 Cannons Japs vs 4 Cannons Fw190. Despite historical accuracy, this is a great balancing decision. Using the above example. Fw190 is an energy fighter which requires a complete different style to fly (aka boom and zoom), which means that the window of triggering is only a fraction of a second. On the other hand, Jap Zeros are turn fighters which means they will have more time on target, therefore slightly less fire power to even out the playing field.

I rarely give games 10s but I think this game deserves every single score of mine. Developers are CONSTANTLY adding more features and new vehicles with World War Mode coming soon (Don't quote me). It is a mode where everyone fight in different threaters of wars which influences each other (i think, not many details are out).

Keep up the GREAT work Gajin!!!

Note: This game is by all means NOT a P2W, Strict battle rank system ensures you will rarely be out guned because panzer 2 vs Tiger 2. Progression is VERY reasonable.
  40. Aug 5, 2014
    One of my favourite games ever! Played for a few years and never got bored. Best free simulator ever!!!!!!! Those guys with low reviews are just trolls or suck at gaming. Not a pay to win, and balanced planes!
  41. Aug 16, 2014
    The best game i have ever play because it has got very good graphics and gameplay !I think that this is the best simulation game that it discovered ! So try it and u will play lots of hours and u will catch yourself get stucked with it!Play for ever !Have fun ansd keep safe lalalalalalalalalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps:Nick(in warthunder:nickolas.zaf)!ha

1. Aug 14, 2014
    Overall the War Thunder tank battles are great even at this early stage.
  2. Aug 7, 2014
    War Thunder rules the air but the lack of polish hurts, as does the dull ground warfare.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    With strong visuals and convincing audio backing it up, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent inside my P-36 Hawk, and its generous free-to-play model never got in the way.