War Thunder PC

6.6

1. Aug 17, 2013
    This is best simulation of World War II. Take your plane and prepare for best war simulator ever!yet better this game is simulator it MMo mode!!!!!!!!
  2. Sep 4, 2013
    I'm kind of suprised this game is on Metacritic since its still in Beta. That fact aside, it is incredibly fun to play and is absolutely stunning to look at. This is one of the most impressive looking games to ever be made. Flying is one of those things that is easy to learn yet hard to master, so everyone can play it but those who put in the time to get better can give themselves anI'm kind of suprised this game is on Metacritic since its still in Beta. That fact aside, it is incredibly fun to play and is absolutely stunning to look at. This is one of the most impressive looking games to ever be made. Flying is one of those things that is easy to learn yet hard to master, so everyone can play it but those who put in the time to get better can give themselves an advantage in combat. Planes all handle differently and have different roles which gives this game great strategy features. Planes have just enough customization options to give you plane personal flair without going overboard, and every plane levels differently. Now the problems i have with it i dont really want to effect the score given its beta phase but ramming is a major issue. I think if the devs could solve the problem of other players who use ramming to either a) dont know how to shoot or b) are trolling this game would improve a lot. Also, IMO, i think that the game should be more details on how you got shot down. Its hard to learn from your mistakes when you dont know what happened to your plane. Sometimes it tells you (like when you have a fuel leak) somtimes it doesnt. I just find it annoying to be fine and then suddenly your plane loses control and crashes. Overall i cant give this game over an eight simply because its an unfinished product, and i i wont let some of its problems effect its score because of that fact too. I cant wait for them to expand the Beta and get ground and Naval combat in the game. Expand
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Great game, aerial combat is top notch, handling of the large array of planes varies greatly which is of course how it should be.
    Few minor complaints, its not as fast paced as it can be. Flying to the "battle zone" takes way too long imo, plus, the only indication that you are flying fast is some low volume sound effect.
    Any complaints in negative reviews as: the planes aren't balanced
    Any complaints in negative reviews as: the planes aren't balanced or the Japanese have fewer planes than the Germans. Yeah well that's because they did. I believe Gaijin did an excellent job of recreating the actual planes and their specs.
    Matchmaking is fine, sure you might come across one or two tier 10 planes when you're flying a tier 6, but that's because you have a tier 8 or 9 plane somewhere in you're "hangar". That's what the matchmaking does, it's takes your highest level plane. Thus providing a challenge!
    Also, this is not a Play2Win game, I've never paid a dime and I still kick *ss ;-)
    Last but not least, the mouse aiming is vastly superior to every other type of control, hence I would suggest to ditch that. It's still a fair battle now that everyone is using it but it would make the game more difficult, which is good.

So in short, if you're looking for a an fun, REALISTIC WWII dogfight, this game is for you.
    If you can't get your head around the fact that a British Spitfire is better than Russian La-GG than you shouldn't be playing games like this at all.

PS: why is every negative review here coming from users with only negative reviews, troll or just sourpuss?
  4. Sep 28, 2013
    People going into this expecting a true simulation may be underwhelmed,
    but it's not the true intention of War Thunder.
    This is about WW2 dogfights and providing air support for the ground units, it's both casual, deeply engaging and well detailed. WarThunder captures the feeling of flying each plane beautifully, with looks, sounds, handling and tactics that showcase that each plane
    People going into this expecting a true simulation may be underwhelmed,
    but it's not the true intention of War Thunder.

WarThunder captures the feeling of flying each plane beautifully, with looks, sounds, handling and tactics that showcase that each plane was unique and special in WW2
    This is a very fun game, and far from pay to win like some "critics" are complaining about. Of course there are benefits for paying for things, as some planes cannot be obtained through gameplay alone but the majority can, and quite easily depending on your skill level. The plane unlock progresses seemingly along the path mirroring how technology advanced as WW2 raged. With more planes, weapons and parts, coming available as you rank up. All planes are fairly historically accurate with their equipment, so naturally some will be better than others, but every plane has a purpose and can hold it's own.

The controls are whatever you choose, k/b and mouse, pad, or joystick, and all work quite well. Mouse and keyboard use for a flying sim, has been strangely butchered in flying games in the past, but in WarThunder it makes sense and is still a satisfying flying experience. People voicing negativity at the mouse being 'superior' to use in arcade mode, are missing the point completely.

The maps are varied and many are based off real WW2 air battle-spaces, like Guatamala or the skies of The Battle For Britain, Iwo Jima and many others.

This is a great game, easy to get into, with optional tutorials for when you need them (such as your first bomber being bought) the menu system is not perfect but it's still fairly intuitive and friendly.

My only criticisms are; the music can be a bit repetive after a while, but it is still not "annoying" and maintains the WW2 'flavour', the sounds of the planes and explosions are quite satisfying.

Perhaps this will be patched soon, but a small oversight in some of the "suicide" mechanics, especially in arcade mode. I would like to see is bigger penalties for those "kimakaze" attacks some people have no shame in doing, although some do make sense (if your heavily damaged and outnumbered, better to take an enemy to the grave with you)

There is also a small oversight, in that if you shoot down a bomber and the bomb the ground before they hit it (the explosion kills/damages them) you are completely denied a kill due to simple bad sportsmanship. There needs to be penalties to discourage this kind of behaviour. Even in the real WW2 air battles, they had a certain level of respect for each other, and they [i] were [i/] trying to kill each other, or a least destroy their plane.
    People complaining excessively about bugs need to remember that this is a BETA! I am yet to encounter any serious bugs either, and I have put in 30 hours. Possible the smoothest beta I have ever seen.
    The fantastic code optimisation means some great and silky smooth visuals are the norm for this gem.

The best free to play I have experienced, ever, WarThunder is up there as a solid game in it's own right even if it was a full price title. I wouldnt indeed buy this game for $50

Graphics 9.5 Sound 9.0. Gameplay 9.0 Longevity 9.0 Total 9/10

If you like air combat, WW2 or PC multiplayer games in general, I can recommend giving this a go.
  5. Dec 20, 2013
    Good physics and graphics. It all works with fine optimisation.
    Not like world of tanks, which give zero graphics and zero physics and demands ultra-high-end computer for that crap
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    People say this game isn't fun. They say its a grind(well you're right now that 1.37 rolled out and screwed some things up). Somethings are right, while other things are wrong. So let me give you an analysis from a person who's played this game since patch 1.27(yes, that was about a year ago).

Progression This game's former progression system was pretty good. Getting to the jets

Progression

This game's former progression system was pretty good. Getting to the jets wasn't too tricky, and money was never a problem for me. Now, things are slightly different(or very). With this new system, you have to grind each plane one by one, just like WoT, which I don't like, but have gotten through. Its not as good as it used to be, but its not as bad as some say.

Planes

This game has a massive selection of planes, and soon, tanks. All major countries of WW2 have their lines of aircraft. You will be able to fly Yak 9s, Mustangs, Zeros, B17s, Spitfires, Typhoons, Bf 109s, Fw 190s, etc. and even jets. Its competitor, WoWP, doesn't even have british planes, and misses many great aircraft, like the P47, the F6F(which is the reason I won't play it until), the Fw190(which is intolerable). But, as always, there is always some ridiculous things that are in this game. There is a common joke that the USSR has OP planes(which is somewhat true at points, but at the time of writing this, I have just finished a 7 game losing streak in russians). But there are tons of aircraft, and they mostly are good.

Game modes(multiplayer)

There is a arcade mode, which is a simpler game mode for everyone, realistic mode, which is for more seasoned pilots, and then simulator battles, which is the joystick land of War thunder(which I've never played in). Its like 3 games in one. Not only that, there is even a singleplayer, but it's not the greatest.

Money

Yes, many people say that this is pay to win, but let me tell you straight, they just are bad a flying. If you are a good pilot, you can beat anyone you face. Prem planes aren't expensive compared to WoT($10:$50, yeah, $40 dollars cheaper than the best Wot Prems, hooray), and they DON'T give any advantage besides more money. And when it comes to repairs and ammo, they aren't the money suckers like in WoT. You can play this game completely free(I did until all my countries were tier 3).

So in short, this game is great, and like every game, it has drawbacks. Some days, you will be pissed at it, and others, it will feel like you are jesus, bu overall, this game is great, and is free, sooo,

see you in the skies!
  7. May 9, 2015
    Switched from World of Tanks to War Thunder when they added tanks to the game. Best decision i ever made in my gaming life. Just give this one a try if you like World of Tanks. I assure you tank combat in War Thunder is 10x better. The progression system is a bit confusing at the start but once you figure it out you'll be hooked to your computer screen hours on end.
  8. Nov 8, 2015
    After having played this game for....1,415 hours; if steam is to be believed...I still haven't grown tired of it. Each match feels different from the last. The game has evolved considerably since I first started playing. I can remember when each nation only had a handful of aircraft. Now the game boasts over 300+ Unique aircraft (Guiness World Record). And the game also now has tanks forAfter having played this game for....1,415 hours; if steam is to be believed...I still haven't grown tired of it. Each match feels different from the last. The game has evolved considerably since I first started playing. I can remember when each nation only had a handful of aircraft. Now the game boasts over 300+ Unique aircraft (Guiness World Record). And the game also now has tanks for Russia, Germany and the US. They just added a few premium British tanks as well.

WarThunder has a variety of modes to appeal to a variety of different people. Arcade is a good mode for quick matches. Realistic battles are more challenging and remove aim indicators. And full sim battles are particularly intense in that your view is restricted to the commander or cockpit view.

The vehicles all have distinct characteristics and models and perform differently as a result. You can go a whole match without scoring one kill and still come out on top of the leaderboard if you play the objectives. If you manage to belly land your plane after sustaining critical damage your rewarded for it. If you take a lot of hits your rewarded for it with an adamant reward. Playing in a squad and assist your team mate killing a tank; your rewarded for it. This is in stark contrast to a game like WoT. In WoT you get one spawn, and when your vehicle's HP pool is depleted thats it. In WarThunder you can try to get back to base in your plane. Or you can repair your tank in the field if you have the repair module unlocked. You aren't just given a static 'death' animation once your HP is depleted as you get in WoWP.

It also needs to be said that the tanks have evolved quite a bit in WarThunder. With changes like ground deformation you see your tank's tracks sinking into the ground. And if you get into 'muddy' terrain. Your tank becomes covered in Mud and ends up bogged down. The new Dagor 4.0 engine allows for fully destructible environments.

WarThunder also has a great customization system. You can put decals on your vehicles, adjust their camo, and on tanks you can even adjust how worn that camo is. Or you can load up the texture in photoshop or another program and make your own skins.

WarThunder has a lot to offer especially for being a free game. People have criticized its microtransactions and premium vehicles. I think its important to distinguish that WarThunder is a free to play game. Your not paying $60 and another $50-60 on top of that for a season pass. Any free to play game needs to be monetized in some way. Its how the developer makes money off said game. The premium vehicles aren't pay to win either as some might suggest. In fact a fully upgraded stock tank tends to be better statistically than a premium of its tier. The only real advantage premium vehicles have is that they have greater credit and XP earning potential.

You may find yourself coming back for more and more. I know I have. Especially when new vehicles are released. Like the recent addition of the B-29. What are you waiting for? Go download the game; and see you in the skies and on the ground!
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    For a free-2-play, this game is very good. Great atmosphere, nice plane models and overall good visuals. This game even runs on low-end PCs (such as mine) without so much as a hiccup. At the time of writing this review, the game is in open-|3eta. Atm it stands as one of the most fun warplane multiplayer dogfight simulators I have played.
    This game is worth a try, especially since it won't
    This game is worth a try, especially since it won't cost you anything (if you don't in-game purchase), except 7Gb of hard drive and your precious time.
  10. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best Airplane FPS shooters I have ever seen. Offers different view modes and a variety of different planes. Ground Forces (Tanks) is now in OBT (Open Beta Testing) and has a few bugs but is not bad. Naval Forces are coming soon.
  11. Oct 30, 2014
    Despite the best efforts of the developer, this game offers a surprisingly accessible and fun experience of both WW2 ground and air combat. Players that are joystick-averse can still easily participate as the control schemes make mouse control intuitive and effective (especially when it comes to precision aiming), and simulator-shy pilots will enjoy the relaxed flight models and fastDespite the best efforts of the developer, this game offers a surprisingly accessible and fun experience of both WW2 ground and air combat. Players that are joystick-averse can still easily participate as the control schemes make mouse control intuitive and effective (especially when it comes to precision aiming), and simulator-shy pilots will enjoy the relaxed flight models and fast combat found in arcade mode. Those looking for more realistic representations can participate in realistic battles, which have more accurate physics for the aircraft, or simulator battles which lock you into a cockpit view and require joystick usage to play, keeping everyone on an even playing field.

Nearly every iconic aircraft is available from the five major nations of the war (with some French and Italian additions), alongside many more less-known machines. Players can fly fighters, bombers, ground attack aircraft and the timeline ranges from pre-war biplanes to Korean-era jet aircraft. Matchmaking ensures that aircraft will generally meet comparable aircraft, preventing jets from engaging biplanes.

This game is not without issues - constant patching by the developer often breaks established areas of the game while fixing other bugs, and tinkering with the matchmaking system based on player statistics has created a incomprehensible and illogical rating of various aircraft (identical models being ranked differently, for example) that can often prove frustrating for players.

Ground forces gameplay is still in its infancy, currently featuring many tanks but only from German and Soviet armies, with some severe balance issues due to the nature of armored warfare - some tanks simply lack the capability to consistently hurt other tanks, but still can find themselves matched against one another.

Free to play business model and the customer support are the final major negatives concerning this game. For many players, especially on the lower end of the skill spectrum, the game may prove to have too much of a grind. New planes need to be unlocked through experience, bought with money, and then flown in several missions to unlock "upgrades" which simply bring the plane up to the stock standard. At lower levels this is merely annoying but with higher level planes the process can take a long time, which practically begs for purchasing of premium currency or experience boosters. Much of the discussion concerning any of the game's problems is shut down immediately on the game's official forums, and the support staff act in a very authoritarian fashion even in the face of obvious bugs, denying any problems.

This all goes out the window though once you play and manage to be the last plane in the air after a brutal furball, or outmaneuver a skilled opponent to achieve a killing snapshot on his aircraft. Just remember that the "end-game" content shouldn't be the goal - fly the aircraft that look cool, fly the aircraft that are fun to play, and ignore the rest of the grind.
  12. Sep 2, 2013
    This is exactly what I've been looking for a long time. After all I am a simulation gamer, but the arcade battles are great fun when you don't want to go actual simulation gaming (IL1946). There are enough variation in missions and environments. Flying and dogfighting between mountains is very intense and fun. Just don't play this dick in your forehead, have fun!
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    I've been playing warthunder for several months and I am level 20 all nations I have spent so far on the game around 300$ over 8 months having said that the game became more expensive and all the stuff I bought for 300$ now costs at least double.P2W is not an issue except when a premium airplane is overpowered (most recently premium FW190-D13) and you have no other way of obtaining it thenI've been playing warthunder for several months and I am level 20 all nations I have spent so far on the game around 300$ over 8 months having said that the game became more expensive and all the stuff I bought for 300$ now costs at least double.P2W is not an issue except when a premium airplane is overpowered (most recently premium FW190-D13) and you have no other way of obtaining it then through your credit card. Pay 2 progress is there as well,but no "gold" ammunition etc. Premium airplanes cost from 2 to 25$

Graphics: Very nice 10/10
    Controls:
    Mouse & keyboard 10/10
    Joysticks 6/10 (mouse aim is far superior to joystick the only advantage a joystick has is turning but he is also at risk of stalling out which can't happen to you if you are on mouse aim)
    Gameplay:
    Arcade (75% of community plays this) very easy mode to play
    Historical Battles (20% plays this) very fun game mode with no respawn takes some skill to master and if you dive too fast you can loose your wings and has physics and bullet drop.

Full Real Battles: semi sim experience best played with a joystick and facetracking though the xbox 360 gamepad dominates over joysticks in this game mode.

It's a fun game but a beta non the less... I recommend play it a couple of days if you like get the premium and don't give them a dime for anything else.
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    War Thunder Gaijin Entertainment. 2009 War Thunder World of Planes. 2011 World of Planes War Thunder, World of Planes World of Planes War Thunder. 2012 года.

Как War Thunder War Thunder War Thunder У-2), War Thunder техники.

Как War Thunder War Thunder War Thunder У-2), War Thunder техники.

После War Thunder War Thunder сражаться.

Но War Thunder PvE, PVP-режимов. War Thunder.
  15. Dec 14, 2013
    A great product that does not have today in the marketplace, which could provide comparable quality, relevance and optimization of the game engine. Keep it up.
  16. Aug 24, 2013
    Great World War 2 simulation. The controls are easy to use, the planes look very impressive, the details are great. It seems like a steep level progression and might become repetitive after a while but for a free to play game its worth trying. If they do bring out the land and sea part of this game too it would make for a very impressive F2P WW2 simulator.
  17. Aug 30, 2013
    For me... The most fun I have hade playing multiplayer since BF2!! Takes a little time to become familiar with the menu and how it all works, but this should not stop someone who like this type of games...
  18. Oct 28, 2013
    Excellent game. Great visuals, sound, and gameplay.

Excellent game. Great visuals, sound, and gameplay.

Extremely small learning curve mouse control is simple and straight-forward. You do not need a joystick. I played for hours before even trying the tutorials, which are really not necessary but they give you points for completion. It is helpful to modify your DPI settings depending on what type of plane you are flying (higher for fighters, lower for bombers).

I have not spent single penny and I am able to compete easily with other players at my level.

The game is pretty historically accurate, which is why the "factions" (a.k.a. countries) are not perfectly balanced. That is part of the fun.

I love other comments about dogfighting with bombers... they are bombers and are not designed for dogfighting. They are designed for bombing, hence the name. Bombers are great fun and extremely easy to aim/drop and destroy targets.

All plan types are easy and fun fighters, heavy fighters, dive bombers, bombers, etc. If you spend a little time messing around with maneuvering your plane you will quickly learn how to handle yourself in a dogfight. I find it quite enjoyable inventing new maneuvers on the fly, and pulling of a ridiculous move to evade an enemy fighter.
  19. Oct 23, 2013
    War Thunder is a very realistic and fun multiplayer game. I am constantly excited during the gameplay and the flying is amazing. The range of vehicles improves on the game so much. The game will never leave you bored with a large variety of goals to strive for. Overall I LOVE IT!
  20. Sep 18, 2013
    This is what a great F2P game should be. Plenty to do, all of it free, with the people who pay only saving time and not getting an unfair advantage.

Graphically, the game is beautiful, and the engine feels very well optimized. Playing with a steady 50-60FPS, even on the high settings is no problem, and overall the experience is smooth. Terrain in the distance looks particularly good, and gives a good sense of immersion.

In terms of gameplay, it plays exactly how you would want an a flight sim to play. Obviously, every match has you trying to shoot down the other players, but there are always other objectives as well (arcade), or full on battle reproductions (historical). No matter what your favorite plane type is, there will be something for you to do.

The game features good progression AS you play you level up both your player, and your respective Air Force rank. As you rank up, new and more challenging planes become available to purchase. Each plane has its own progression, improving its performance overall, and allowing you to vary your loadout (to a degree.. you cannot change the guns, but you can change what they shoot, and if you carry bombs, what bombs you have).

Admittedly, it can be hard to see in match, but they also offer a wealth of customization, in both skins and decals. While some will complain, most of these are not free; but lets be honest here, they have to make money somehow, right? For me, i would rather that they charge for vanity items, than make the game pay to win.

The game as of this date is still in beta, and there are hickups here and there. But as it stands, compared to other "launched" games like MechWarrior Onliine, this game could officially launch and be successful. Hopefully, it retains a strong user base, and keeps going well.
  21. May 2, 2014
    (Started playing on 1.37 patch so... i don't know how the game changed.)

For a F2P "Flight Sim", it's a good/decent game. (+++ Pros | - - - Cons) - A bit too grindy but it isn't that bad unlike other F2P MMO games. - Community is somewhat.... Terrible. *Cough* WT Forums *Cough* + Surprisingly, NOT-ish Pay-to-win, only helps to progress through grind bit faster (though it will cost
    (Started playing on 1.37 patch so... i don't know how the game changed.)

For a F2P "Flight Sim", it's a good/decent game.
    (+++ Pros | - - - Cons)

- A bit too grindy but it isn't that bad unlike other F2P MMO games.
    - Community is somewhat.... Terrible. *Cough* WT Forums *Cough*
    + Surprisingly, NOT-ish Pay-to-win, only helps to progress through grind bit faster (though it will cost a fortune to get into a decent Tier5) Premium Planes are not OP, it has the same stats as the silver lion planes. *Get a grip whiners, They need to earn money too... *
    + Though there's only a handful of available maps, it doesn't feel repetitive because the weather pattern varies (cloudy, clear skies, haze, fog and my favorite Night/Dusk/Dawn).
    ++ Wide selection of planes, Plane Tactics varies (BnZ, Energy fighting, turnfighting, etc). *Personally i love skill based games, it puts me on edge being a really tryhard.* Cough, Realistic Battles, Cough*
    +++ Very well-optimized game (I have a **** pc, so.... this helps me a lot)
    + Tanks will come out soon. *Merged Planes and Tanks *
    +++ NO HEALTH-BARS, It has damage models
    - Painful grind on Crew Leveling (Tanks are planes a separate)
    - B*ll**** Ground strike mode in Arcade.
    + In-game voice chat (For squads only)
    - Devs doesn't support Sound Mods (It's bannable guys xD)
    + Decent game economy
    + 3 Modes Arcade, Realistic, and Simulator = Baby-flyin/Seasoned/Veteran|Elitist
    + Mini-games *We need turret mini-game)
    + Detailed plane models. Textures are great (For a F2P game)
    - - - Bugs (A lot of game breaking bugs)
    - - - Slight touch on the ground is deadly (Can clip the wing, destroy a tail fin)
    +++ Landing mechanics (Airstrips and Carriers) *I'm a really fan of this*
    +++ Still somewhat playable even with 250 - 310 Ping *Though some hits will not trigger*
    - - - Slow processing of payment on Paypal.

Overall: If you love "Flight Sim" definitely worth checking this one out. *cough* 7.2 GB *cough*
    play with a squad, works better that way.
  22. Jun 10, 2014
    A spectacular visual, some of the finest ww2 era combat, it's not without flaws but it gets you hooked and you just keep coming back. A free to play title that isn't pay to win (but it is close)
  23. Aug 10, 2014
    Great game. Wonderful graphics (if you have a good computer).
    Easy to play (in arcade mode) Hard to master (in simulator mode). Not dependent of any joystick or similar, but it can make you enjoy even more.
    IMPORTANT: its a Beta game, so there is balancing and bugs to be fixed, yet we just see a great game becoming even better. True-F2P or P2W? Definitely a true Free to Play game. All
    Great game. Wonderful graphics (if you have a good computer).
    True-F2P or P2W? Definitely a true Free to Play game. All premium planes aren't necessary going to make you better. E.g. (Premium planes are captured planes of other nations or planes/tanks that did not pass from the test flights/drives, all will face planes according their stats)
    About who is complaining about the update that ruined the game. Yeah I agree a little bit, but the game went a lot better in the mean time. It's a Must Try.
  24. Sep 22, 2013
    Excellent game and it is slowly getting better and better. Flight physics and controls are really good and let you feel like you control real plane, not a tank (like in rival World of Warplanes). Game allows to play without spending any money. Unfortunately premium options are expensive as usual this is why I gave it 8 instead of 9. Dear developers take a look at "humble bundle" schemeExcellent game and it is slowly getting better and better. Flight physics and controls are really good and let you feel like you control real plane, not a tank (like in rival World of Warplanes). Game allows to play without spending any money. Unfortunately premium options are expensive as usual this is why I gave it 8 instead of 9. Dear developers take a look at "humble bundle" scheme and make game much cheaper.
    Another thing which I didn't like are menus they feel very crude and I had problems figuring them out. Fortunately once you get a grasp how they work it is rather ok (still menus could be better). Good thing is you don't have to spend much time in front end in-game is where War Thunder shines.
    Overall I can highly recommend it to everyone who likes planes and multiplayer really nice experience, even if sometimes frustrating due to highly skilled opponent
  25. Oct 17, 2013
    Ignore the idiots that are calling this game pay to win, or saying it has bad controls. It certainly isn't pay to win and a blind monkey could fly using the mouse and keyboard its so well optimised. This game offers a unique and well executed blend of realism and hardcore simulator style battles, but also arcade style battles for casual users. The game isn't even out yet so people can'tIgnore the idiots that are calling this game pay to win, or saying it has bad controls. It certainly isn't pay to win and a blind monkey could fly using the mouse and keyboard its so well optimised. This game offers a unique and well executed blend of realism and hardcore simulator style battles, but also arcade style battles for casual users. The game isn't even out yet so people can't complain about the "bugs" they have found (which there is very few of) and of course there are flight model and balancing problems, but they are still usually quite minor, and I'm sure they'll be fixed before the game comes out/ Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    A great game, with some drunken developers (vodka anyone?).

A great game, with some drunken developers (vodka anyone?).

Graphics, game looks amazing, flight models look extremely good with lots of detail put into them. Scenery is also very good looking both from high altitudes and low. Effects such as wings getting ripped off and crashes are spectacular, parts falling from the sky, small particles from the aircraft getting ripped off such as fuselage. 10/10 on the graphics side.

Gameplay, here is where it probably lacks the most. There are lots of maps, a couple of different game modes and 3 different difficulties (arcade, easy historical, hard full real, dont even try unless you are good at hisorical), there are also 5 different nations (americans, germans, russians, brits and japs). So as you can see there is a very good amount of variety in that respect.
    The problems start with the matchmaker, but those problems mostly occur in historical battles. As there is quiet alot of unbalance when going up tiers (every nation has level 1-20), playing some planes will be literally impossible because the team you play against will have such an advantage over you. Some planes are just plain broken, in the way that they do not perform as they should, some will overperform like crazy and some will not be as good as they should be. This causes alot of complaint and "whining" but its understandable to some degree. As an example, the spitfire IX is overperforming quiet a bit for its tier, it turns better than most planes, it climbs better than most planes and those combinations in this game is fatal, therefore there is a metric butt ton of people flying that plane, this results in a game with 50% spitfires against the russians which most of the time at its tier does not stand a chance, same with the germans but because the Bf 109s are good aircraft it can be easier. 8/10

Support, don't make me talk about it. The developers seem to be playing around. They release a new patch, not fixing anything of the previous one and introducing new problems. They do hotpatches fixing most of the gamebreaking stuff but its often a big problem. They seem not to listen to the community what so ever, they are way to transparent. 5/10.

Now as this is free to play, and still in beta its expected to have problems, so i cant be too harsh. But you will probably wonder, it is free2play, does that mean its pay2win. uuuhm, NOPE, not at all. Only thing you can buy for ingame currency are premium planes (which are a few planes on each nation that is from an other nation, for example a premium spitfire IX at the americans, it also gives you a 100% expirience boost and lions (free ingame currency, eagles are buyable) boost. You can also use eagles to buy more expirience to you're desired nation, this might sound cheap, and yes it is but it doesnt do ANYTHING to the gameplay in any way. You can also buy lions but its expensive and lions are possible to get tons of if you play historical battles. Other than that everything can be purchased with ingame currency. In that respect i also give WT 10/10.

Hope this review helped, its a great game and you should definitly try it out AND ITS FREE!
  27. Aug 21, 2013
    Great game still a beta so they are still fixing bugs and adding new things. If you like World War II games this game is for you. War thunder has great visuals and sounds and the planes are realistic.
  28. Aug 27, 2013
    One of my new favorite war plane games, and my favorite WWII based game. There is no pay to win; there is only pay for a new experience. From the great joy of downing your first enemy, to the bitter taste of being shot down in your favorite plane, War Thunder will always reward.
  29. Sep 17, 2013
    Fantastic game and graphics. Never felt like I had to put money into the game to have fun, but did anyway. I recommend you all try and play with wingmen in a squadron as well, covering one another is very important and makes the game even more enjoyable.

Give it a shot, lots of fun.
  30. Aug 20, 2013
    I think that's one of the best F2P game out there. Real Free to Play, absolutely no "Pay 2 Win" in War Thunder. If you pay, you just get levels a bit faster. No more.
    The game is just amazing: graphics, gameplay (divided between arcade, historical and real battles), longevity... everything is great. I played about 40 hours and still not annoied.
    They also plan to add ships and tanks
    They also plan to add ships and tanks controlled by players in single battles... if they will accomplish that... it will be the best WWII game ever.
  31. Nov 16, 2013
    Several game mods from arcade with simple physic, to full realism, where you are bound to and all target markers are off.
    + Don't have joystick? Not a problem, mouse control is easy as well, maybe even better.
    + Every plane has its own behavior starting american fighters are worst in the game, but their flying fortress is a best. + Premium planes are NOT better than other, all of
    + Premium planes are NOT better than other, all of them have good and bad sides someone have good speed, or maneuverability, or guns, or armor.
    + Slight level difference means nothing even zero level biplane can become a serious weapon in right hands.
    + Tanks are on the way.
  32. Dec 29, 2013
    Hello,

I have seen a lot of negative reviews. In my understanding it was due: - Old reviews (before game was polished) - WWII freaks complaining about plane X was designed to work against plane Y and it doesn't work in the same way in the game. - People complaining about this is a pay to win videogame Absolutely false! These people are suc*kers. I can guarantee I have finished
    Hello,

I have seen a lot of negative reviews. In my understanding it was due:

- Old reviews (before game was polished)
    - People complaining about this is a pay to win videogame Absolutely false! These people are suc*kers. I can guarantee I have finished first or second a lot of times and I have not spent a single euro.

Now... What we have in War Thunder:

- Impressive graphics (And I don't have NASA computer).
    - Best dogfighting EVER and with that I mean memorable and sometimes absolutely epic fights between other players
    - Plane parts enhancements
    - Crew enhancements (G-force tolerance, vitality, visibility, etc...)
    - A ton of planes
    - Best mouse aim system in years
    - Even in "arcade" mode, quite realistic behavior

Closure comments: Plz, give it a try. I cannot say about realistic and simulation modes (joystick needed) coz I haven't played them but the "arcade" mode is THE FUNNIEST THING IN AGES!

MUST PLAY! IT'S FREE! GIVE IT A TRY!
  33. Oct 21, 2013
    For a F2P game, it excels in every aspect. The game is not pay2win like some others have stated and you don't need to pay anything to enjoy the game. Paying gives you exactly what you expect from a free2play model, faster progression. The game is a WWII simulator that has 3 different styles of accuracy. You get an Arcade system which is user friendly and easy to learn. Then there is aFor a F2P game, it excels in every aspect. The game is not pay2win like some others have stated and you don't need to pay anything to enjoy the game. Paying gives you exactly what you expect from a free2play model, faster progression. The game is a WWII simulator that has 3 different styles of accuracy. You get an Arcade system which is user friendly and easy to learn. Then there is a historical mode which makes it a bit harder but still forgiving. Then there is full real battle which sticks you in view with the need of a joystick (or mouse as joystick) and is much more simulation based but not as much as say the DCS series.

The use of money allows you to get premium planes which are typically a bit better at their tier however with the way the game works where you can have multiple planes per game you can still excel. It is not hard to kill something 1, 2, 3, even 5 or more tiers higher than you once you get into the middle of the game. It does not work like World of Tanks where if you are 5 tiers lower you don't stand a chance in a 1v1, here you can still get your kill albeit tougher, you still have a chance.

The plane costs are fair and most cost under $10 to buy, even higher tiers. Some are more expensive but if you buy the packs they offer you get more then your monies worth. Some people have complained about the time it takes to upgrade each plane/crew however this isn't that type of game. The game isn't about getting to the max level and tier as fast as possible as you should enjoy each tier thoroughly. Gaijin does this in a good way where you learn each plane, its advantages/disadvantages and thus making you a better pilot as you progress.

I have 100+ hours in the game thus far and it has me coming back every day wanting more. I can tell you that I sucked hard for the first 10-15 hours of game play, then as you continue to play your skill increases drastically. The game is still in beta and each month, more and more content is released. They still have kinks to work out but for a F2P game you can't ask for much more. It's not like it will cost you anything to give it a chance, just don't expect to be an ace pilot without putting a solid amount of time into the game.
  34. Oct 31, 2013
    This Game is one of the best (if not THE best) free simulation of WWII. The graphics are stunning, ultra-realistic game-play, and if you love war games, I recommend this one. The only down are the Golden Eagles (Premium money to unlock planes). It is overpriced, but other than that, a great game.
    P.S This game is in beta, so be on the look out for tanks and naval ships.
  35. Dec 20, 2013
    Excellent game, that will include 3 forces: air, ground and naval, fighting with each other on one map. Great graphics, sound, gameplay. Have 3 levels of difficulty: from arcade to simulator. This amazing game already have air forces, but tanks will come out soon. Also this game is free to play.
  36. Dec 20, 2013
    I played IL2 Sturmovik online and I can say if you think WT will beat IL2 in sim field you're wrong. But that ok because frankly i think IL 2 rather boring. Too much sim to my taste. So overall I find WT better than IL 2 (sim part not included)
  37. Dec 20, 2013
    I love this game. One of the few games that can attract and to keep the player for a long time. Superb graphics, great gameplay, good optimization a lot of fun.
  38. Apr 8, 2015
    Muy buen juego en la tematica y variedad de juego desde el arcade hasta el simulador,eltener en tierra aire y ambos es muy bueno los graficos y la simulacion.
  39. Feb 8, 2015
    First off new players need to understand that this game is still updating in a major way. I've played this game since it was in early beta and it was pretty decent back then. Buggy but playable, over the months the game as gotten far better in every way. Wait times are no longer 3 minutes but near 30 seconds in arcade mode, maybe 1 minute or so in realistic mode.

As for gameplay the

As for gameplay the game is divided into multiple parts.
    Arcade mode for beginners or people that are casual.
    Realistic for the average player with limited respawns, realisitc controls and realistic damage.
    Simulator mode for the hardcore that know what they're really doing.

Tank mode is also good but still very buggy. Same arcade, realistic and simulator mode applies for this.

Pros:
    Very functional flight mode
    Great graphics for a free game
    Paid items that are not too over powered
    Updates come monthly or so

Cons:
    Tank mode can be really buggy
    Community can be frustrating at times
    Introduction of cross console with PS4 really makes a bad feeling for both ends with their different controls and play styles
  40. Feb 17, 2015
    best f2p game ive ever played, i managed to get to t4 in all nations before the grinding started feeling pointless.
    and i have never encountered a paywall in this game
    and i have never encountered a paywall in this game

realistic is where its at, you can watch ww2 tank och plane documentaries and learn strength and weaknesses in yours and your enemies tanks and planes, and with the amount of vehicles already in the game and more being added almost every patch there are thousands of hours to be played in this game.

after i bought 1 years premium my only real grind is for silver lions (ingame currency) for late tier tanks and planes, they can be bought but are expensive and seldom worth it.
    but with console players on the same servers as pc players you are guaranteed some easy kills and there are other methods of farming as well.

i recomend this game to players that likes plane games, even though you are new to flying games arcade mode is a good place to start, with high number of players in a small map with multiple objectives and multiple spawns with your different crews and planes.

gaijin also holds golden eagle event where you can get a few hundred golden eagle (the real money ingame currency) so you can get premium days for free.
  41. Apr 1, 2015
    Игра на твёрдые 9 баллов ,удивляет проработка всех деталей игры ,начиная от кокпитов самолётов и до звуков выстрелов , всё сделано на высшем уровне ААА игр. Помимо хорошей графики и оптимизации большое разнообразие игровых режимов,удобное управление,много контента. Без сомнения игра уровня ААА проектов. 10 баллов не поставил только из за небольших шероховатостей физики в наземнойИгра на твёрдые 9 баллов ,удивляет проработка всех деталей игры ,начиная от кокпитов самолётов и до звуков выстрелов , всё сделано на высшем уровне ААА игр. Помимо хорошей графики и оптимизации большое разнообразие игровых режимов,удобное управление,много контента. Без сомнения игра уровня ААА проектов. 10 баллов не поставил только из за небольших шероховатостей физики в наземной составляющей игры. Expand
  42. Mar 9, 2015
    If you really enjoyed playing red orchestra ostfront 41-45 then you will love the tank battles in this game. Red Orchestra 2 while great for its infantry gameplay after the developers patched it does not have the number of tanks as its predecessor. While this game does not have the realistic interiors red orchestra or Darkest Hour had it does have some beautiful models. There is a tonIf you really enjoyed playing red orchestra ostfront 41-45 then you will love the tank battles in this game. Red Orchestra 2 while great for its infantry gameplay after the developers patched it does not have the number of tanks as its predecessor. While this game does not have the realistic interiors red orchestra or Darkest Hour had it does have some beautiful models. There is a ton of information on each tank such as their armor thickness in spots, angle, the penetration of certain ammo at distance and the locations of crew and critical spots like ammunition storage. Something you had to wiki in red orchestra to find out. Its all here.

Most complaints about the tank battles are that they are slow, which is true. They are like red orchestra and I love it. Knowing a stewart won't penetrate my 50mm pzIII J unless he's 100 meters is the stuff you will be focusing on in realistic and simulation.

The graphics are beautiful, the tanks grinding up a hill and changing gears sound wonderful. Top notch sound all around. WW2 is a great setting since so many different tanks were fielded compared to today. The maps are also very large but then again engagements are long range.

I have limited experience with the airplane aspect of the game on account of wanting to do the simulations but not having a working joystick. From what I saw using the mouse and keyboard in the tutorial this game is on the level of arma. There is a button to just turn the engine on, flaps for take off, and a lot going on. Definitely room for some Red Barrens to rule the sky here. But if that scares people the arcade mode is more than accessible with the mouse and keyboard.

Thats one great thing, it has stuff for quick less demanding games and stuff for people who are more enthusiast like myself. All on a great engine, I have had no crashes and only one of about 50 tank games disconnect.

The menus are a bit confusing. You have to research and then purchase upgrades. Research uses its own currency and purchasing another. Same goes for tanks. There is premium money used for quicker upgrades and research or for buying bundles or a subscription. I have to say I really like the subscription model. Basically you put money in your steam wallet and then use steam to buy the currency which can be used for anything including a subscription. This means they don't have your info and you do not have to worry about recurring payments like I did in planetside once.

The crew training is a little confusing. It would appear that you can only train crew for a certain tank and once you move them to another they start from scratch. This seems to make switching tanks in and out of your line up punish you.

All in all if your looking for a pure simulation sorry, but if your looking for something close enough to the above mentioned game this is it. Like I said I have limited experience with the airplanes. Try it out, its free.
  43. Mar 16, 2015
    People complained about the cut scenes in the campaign, this is an easy fix. Don't play campaign. If you don't like the cut scenes then just play multiplier, at first your going to find everything difficult, trust me with practice and a little effort, you can fly these planes like a champ. I found War thunder to my funnest personal retreat from my insulting "friends" and obnoxious habits.
  44. May 21, 2014
    As far as P2W games go, this is one of the best - quick, adrenaline filled battles and affordable premium currency. The core game mechanics of high intensity air combat is fun across all tiers.

After playing arcade battles for a few months (and spending like 50$), I'm starting to like this game more and more. The skill gap between players is HUGE, with 3-4 top players getting 90% of kills each match. Luckily, I'm one of them. Chances are if you have some experience with mouse flying from other games, you will like the game too. MOUSE FLYING IS AWESOME and joystick is not really needed for arcade battles.

The scoreboard for most matches lookes like 8-6-4-2-1-1...0-0-0-0-0, with some planes(P39,P63) clearly performing better than others. A lot of players in tiers 1 to 3 seem completely blind and oblivious to the radar, so they get sniped by autocannons from the side at 0.77km.

My review is based on Arcade mode, as I found Realistic or Simulator battles to have too few players, long waiting times and 5 minute flights to get to the objective. Arcade battles drop two teams of 15 players head on, with pretty nice furballs developing within a couple minutes or so. This is much more fun than World of Tanks or World of Warplanes.

In terms of country balance, it seems that each nation has good planes and mediocre placeholders. Americans have P-39 and P-63 which seem to insta-chop-off-my-wings very frequently. Russians have IL-2 and I-16. German entire line of heavy fighters is awesome (BF-110 to Do-217 to ME-410). The only country I don't understand is Japan, as their planes seem too fragile and poorly armed.

The game has a couple of arcade play modes, mostly capture the airfield or bomb out enemy base. Both have ground units that move and can be destroyed with bombs or rockets. There's bunkers, tanks, ships and it seems like in the future each may be player controlled.

The in-game currency seems reasonably priced, with a month of premium account costing about 15$, comparable to most other MMOs. I personally found that spending just 10-20 golden eagles is enough to raise a plane to 100-150 crew level, required to turn a plane's crew into "expert". Doing so offers in-game bonuses of slower gun overheating, less blackouts during high-G turns and quicker reload times.
  45. Dec 20, 2013
    Warthunder is a "dream game" for anyone who likes the ww2 aviaton but is not serious enough to be a pro-vurtual pilot. Its easy, simple yet deep to play, has a 100 gameplay variations with single and multiplayer options. Plus... its free and there is no pay-to-win. (those who say otherwise are quite dumb andor havent played the game). I especially like the "realistic battle" setting. ^^Warthunder is a "dream game" for anyone who likes the ww2 aviaton but is not serious enough to be a pro-vurtual pilot. Its easy, simple yet deep to play, has a 100 gameplay variations with single and multiplayer options. Plus... its free and there is no pay-to-win. (those who say otherwise are quite dumb andor havent played the game). I especially like the "realistic battle" setting. ^^ Higly recommended Expand
  46. Dec 20, 2013
    I think, the main feature of the game is rather detailed phisical model wich generate various interesting situation.
    War Thunder isn't the most easy game I've been played. But if you spent some time to acquaint with it You won't regret.
  47. Dec 12, 2013
    This is one game, I will not uninstall from my computer, graphically it looks beautiful, the models, animations, physics, all very very good. I can't say i'm a hardcore war thunder player but whenever I do find the time to play it i'm always finding it enjoyable, the 3 different game modes arcade/historical/full real battles is just what I think a lot more games should have as an option.This is one game, I will not uninstall from my computer, graphically it looks beautiful, the models, animations, physics, all very very good. I can't say i'm a hardcore war thunder player but whenever I do find the time to play it i'm always finding it enjoyable, the 3 different game modes arcade/historical/full real battles is just what I think a lot more games should have as an option. most tend to have a "hardcore" element but yet just seem to be a harder version on arcade, not realistic like war thunders historical or full real battles. This game is free, so there is no obligation to spend money on it if you end up not liking it just simply uninstall it, no harm no foul. Like world of tanks I do not have a premium account and have only recently used real money to buy a couple of their premium tanks, and I will be doing the same with war thunder. Expand
  48. Dec 2, 2013
    Started playing out of curiosity and was thoroughly impressed. Large selection of planes as well as five nations to play as well. Haven't paid a cent and it seems the only point of paying is to speed up the time to level up and increase your planes capabilities. I prefer just earning it the old fashioned way. Can't wait for the army and navy portions to become available.
  49. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is excellent as far as gameplay goes. Don't listen to the whiners who gripe about 1.37 or Gaijin being greedy. They have no clue what they are talking about. My suggestion is to practice a lot with free flights, where you can take your plane out in a calm environment and learn it's strengths and weaknesses, or fly lots of low level arcade battles against new players to improveThis game is excellent as far as gameplay goes. Don't listen to the whiners who gripe about 1.37 or Gaijin being greedy. They have no clue what they are talking about. My suggestion is to practice a lot with free flights, where you can take your plane out in a calm environment and learn it's strengths and weaknesses, or fly lots of low level arcade battles against new players to improve your skills and upgrade your aircraft.

As far as the forum site, don't bother. It seems to be full of power hungry moderators, whiny petulant children masquerading as adults, and folks who just love to insult and disrespect others.
  50. Oct 7, 2013
    Great game. Historical Battles difficulty makes it so rewarding when you learn it. It still lacks maps and better objectives than simply what it seems to be always team deathmatch, and thats why i dont give it 10/10. But its still under development so i expect it to improve.
  51. Dec 20, 2013
    Nice game. Very easy to start playing and find a plane for comfortable game. You start with a biplanes and you can get some other planes fast. You can make setup that best fits your game style without spending a lot of time or money.
  52. Feb 4, 2014
    For all the people giving negative reviews because they "randomly die instantly", i had the same problem. Except, i Googled it. Instead of doing nothing and running out of ideas. Turns out you just increase the pilots vitality, and/or get a covered cabin and it's solved.
    Awesome game, i don't think it's really PTW because, it really does reward Human player skill level. And being a well seasoned gamer on all genres & platforms, i know my way around a game. This is what i Love about it, if you are actually good at aiming a mouse and tracking people, then you hit and kill regardless of the other guy spending $1000 bucks. With the exception of fully upgraded AI guns on Bombers, which are tough.
    I give an 8 for the Beta bugs and very complicated (but eventually understandable) menus.
  53. Jul 3, 2014
    This game has been plagued by people complaining about the economy and research system because "it used to be better". However, if you look at the game ignoring how it used to be, it is fantastic. Great graphics, a huge number of vehicles to play with and customize, loads of beautiful maps and a dynamic, exciting battles. Many people also complain that the game is pay to win yet I findThis game has been plagued by people complaining about the economy and research system because "it used to be better". However, if you look at the game ignoring how it used to be, it is fantastic. Great graphics, a huge number of vehicles to play with and customize, loads of beautiful maps and a dynamic, exciting battles. Many people also complain that the game is pay to win yet I find once you get a decent amount of experience and build up your skill it gets easier and easier to progress. I can't wait to see how the game will turn out to be when finished. Expand
  54. Sep 24, 2014
    Until update 1.37 I would give 12 out of 10 and walk away, but this whole research point thing made the game worse, you need to play a lot to get new planes, but still the gameplay is awesome. Anyone can find his sort of battle: arcade for beginners and for players who are just looking to have fun, historical battles for thoose who wants some more challenger or want to relive the events ofUntil update 1.37 I would give 12 out of 10 and walk away, but this whole research point thing made the game worse, you need to play a lot to get new planes, but still the gameplay is awesome. Anyone can find his sort of battle: arcade for beginners and for players who are just looking to have fun, historical battles for thoose who wants some more challenger or want to relive the events of WW2 and realistic battles for real pros. All in all it's a great game and I love it, but it's becoming a pay to win game, that I hate. Expand
  55. Jun 6, 2014
    War Thunder is really good game, it isn't pay2win game. Many maps, planes and tanks, rly good optimized, beautifiul graphics. This is best simulation of World War II
  56. Dec 18, 2013
    There can be either World of Tanks or World of Warplanes, even they are better too, THIS is THE BEST war simulator I have ever played and will play, tho.
  57. Dec 20, 2013
    The best session MMO and the easiest way to learn how to fly, with getting small history lesson. After WarThunder flying school, you would not have any trouble with some hardcore sim, like BoS, or DCS.
  58. Sep 28, 2014
    Excellent graphics, good immersion, and servers work well. Should be more maps, but the game is still on beta. To be a f2p game is an amazing game. Try it
  59. Jun 27, 2015
    What I am going to say here is strictly related to my opinion.

What I like about this game: -Vehicles are built to the smallest detail and everything looks historically correct; -Graphics and everything related about visuals of vehicles and maps; -The developers seems to work for their game and we often receive updates; -It is a good game for airplanes as well for tanks; -Gameplay;
    What I am going to say here is strictly related to my opinion.

What I like about this game:
    -Graphics and everything related about visuals of vehicles and maps;
    -The developers seems to work for their game and we often receive updates;
    -It is a good game for airplanes as well for tanks;
    -Gameplay;
    -Sound;
    -You can research vehicles pretty fast;
    -Tanks.I just started playing this game because I wished for a nice game with tanks.In my opinion is the best game with world war II-cold war tanks and airplanes at least on Steam and one of the best free to play games on Steam for sure.I like the thing that you can have a virtual collection of tanks in-game;

What I don't like about this game:
    -Airplanes in tank battles arcade mode;
    -Sometimes I have a feeling that the teams are not balanced at all;
    -Maybe some vehicles are overpowered;

As an overall I recommend this title.It is free to play and is surprisingly good for a free to play(you don't find often a good free to play game).If you like tanks or airplanes and look for a game related to this you should try War Thunder.(Score:85/100 for me)
  60. Ext
    Dec 20, 2013
    I`m addicted to this game! Very nice graphics and air battles in the setting of WWII. Game is still in development and changes very quickly. Tanks will be added soon!!!1.
    No pay2win.
  61. Aug 5, 2014
    One of my favourite games ever! Played for a few years and never got bored. Best free simulator ever!!!!!!! Those guys with low reviews are just trolls or suck at gaming. Not a pay to win, and balanced planes!
  62. Jul 25, 2015
    Well after playing for hundreds of hours i want to say the game is very fun its easy to learn but hard to master also the game has some problems.The reason why i like this game is becouse it dosent require you to pay money.Its has air planes ,tanks and ship that are yet to come.It allows you to bring several tanks and aircrafts into a battle but the game has many balancing issues in lowerWell after playing for hundreds of hours i want to say the game is very fun its easy to learn but hard to master also the game has some problems.The reason why i like this game is becouse it dosent require you to pay money.Its has air planes ,tanks and ship that are yet to come.It allows you to bring several tanks and aircrafts into a battle but the game has many balancing issues in lower tier planes.For example Tier I and Tier II are combined so the tier II have beter speed and guns but turn speed is smaller so there is no way to shake a lower tier aircraft.Also the russian are kinda best i know becouse if you take like Tier II aircraft like P-40 or what ever russian YAK will destroy everything but in general the game is fun and enjoable expiriance you should check it out. Expand
  63. Aug 29, 2015
    Отличная игрушка, перечислять её плюсы много бесконечно! всем советую поиграть в неё. Разработчики молодцы!
  64. Jul 27, 2014
    I have played a lot of flight simulators and this one is the best. I can't wait to see how this game pans out after oculus rift comes out.

I like to point out that people cry about how this game matches you up with higher tier planes/tanks (VERY RARELY), they don't understand that this game takes in BATTLERANKS of the vehicle, not the HARDCODED tier. This prevents players from using highest planes in Tier X vs the lowest planes in Tier X which helps balance significantly.

Another thing I want to address is that there are also people crying about how a specific faction's guns are a bit weaker. Ex. 3 Cannons Japs vs 4 Cannons Fw190. Despite historical accuracy, this is a great balancing decision. Using the above example. Fw190 is an energy fighter which requires a complete different style to fly (aka boom and zoom), which means that the window of triggering is only a fraction of a second. On the other hand, Jap Zeros are turn fighters which means they will have more time on target, therefore slightly less fire power to even out the playing field.

I rarely give games 10s but I think this game deserves every single score of mine. Developers are CONSTANTLY adding more features and new vehicles with World War Mode coming soon (Don't quote me). It is a mode where everyone fight in different threaters of wars which influences each other (i think, not many details are out).

Keep up the GREAT work Gajin!!!

Note: This game is by all means NOT a P2W, Strict battle rank system ensures you will rarely be out guned because panzer 2 vs Tiger 2. Progression is VERY reasonable.
  65. Feb 12, 2014
    An excellent FTP game, gameplay is superb. Like all FTP titles, the problems come with the in-game economy. Grind times are horrendous, even if you choose to pay money for a "premium account", but the game is fun enough to start out, so that that isn't really a problem. The game does get boring after the first 400 or so hours, though.
  66. Aug 2, 2015
    There are no other game like this one! One of the best session MMO games and best WWII themed game! Different modes for everyone, different game options... like dualshock -go grab and play, like serious sim games - welcome to the sim battles! every platform for everyone!
  67. Jul 22, 2014
    This is a free to die game and verry expensive to win, about 200€ to start. However is the verry best flight simulator of WW II in multiplayer on-line (MMO) mode.
  68. Aug 16, 2014
    The best game i have ever play because it has got very good graphics and gameplay !I think that this is the best simulation game that it discovered ! So try it and u will play lots of hours and u will catch yourself get stucked with it!Play for ever !Have fun ansd keep safe lalalalalalalalalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps:Nick(in warthunder:nickolas.zaf)!ha
  69. Aug 1, 2015
    Great game, much better than anything war gaming can produce. Air battles are great, especially with a joystick. Ground Forces is a little shaky but is still pretty good. Overall great game. I also tested closed beta
  70. Nov 23, 2015
    Progression system is very tedious once you reach higher levels but, I enjoyed the game. Beautiful graphics and plane models. Best flight simulator in a while!
  71. Jan 18, 2016
    For a Free to Play game, War Thunder is extremely well polished and very fun to play. I have mainly played the tank portion of the game, and after 20+ hours I am impressed. There are plenty of tanks available and they are relatively balanced, although there definitely is a pro-Russian bias in both tanks and airplanes. Although some factions have a tough time starting off initially, onceFor a Free to Play game, War Thunder is extremely well polished and very fun to play. I have mainly played the tank portion of the game, and after 20+ hours I am impressed. There are plenty of tanks available and they are relatively balanced, although there definitely is a pro-Russian bias in both tanks and airplanes. Although some factions have a tough time starting off initially, once you invest some time into War Thunder you will fine a brilliant game, only slightly tarnished by microtransactions. Expand
  72. Oct 22, 2015
    I think, that is an epic game. You can choose so many of aircrafts and fight with them, that i give it 10 out of 10. The graphic is super and the sounds too. In the most airplanes you can get into a detailed cockpit. The best is, that you can choose that realistic mode you want to fly and there are so more thinks in the game you can do. The feeling of your first jetfly for that you spend aI think, that is an epic game. You can choose so many of aircrafts and fight with them, that i give it 10 out of 10. The graphic is super and the sounds too. In the most airplanes you can get into a detailed cockpit. The best is, that you can choose that realistic mode you want to fly and there are so more thinks in the game you can do. The feeling of your first jetfly for that you spend a lot of time and kills is so great, you want more and more. And the air mode is so much better than in other games like world of planes. To the tank mode i can not speak so good. There are thinks that in my mind not so good like air, like fairness of spawn points and other. But the artillery fire, you can order, and the air events, you can get for kills, make the game more exciting. Who want not to kill the guy that you kill before with an one thousand kg bomb on his face?

Conclusion: A game you can play for long time, where to get a top tier vehicle in round about 2 month, if you play 2 hours per day and don't pay, money realistic is.( i get it in these time my first jet)
    So, if you want a fly-simulator game for nothing and against real players in the World War Two, is that what you like play.

Ps. Sorry for my bad english skills, but im a child and learn the language at school, so put your inside grammar-natz* away and enjoy the day, where you read these kind of poo. :)
  73. Jan 30, 2016
    I have been playing this game since Oct 2015. I have greatly enjoyed my time and have encouraged everyone I know that games to pick it up. The beginning when you are trying to figure out what to update and research can be confusing so I would advise checking out the youtube videos gaijen puts out that explains a lot of the early need to know info.
  74. Feb 26, 2016
    Great game with amazing graphics. Personally i don't like planes but tanks, the game has both so you can play both of them in the same game. Air events are a fun thing that will shift the balance very quickly.
    The developers have a great sense of humor. With my little ponies, walking tanks a potpie tanks during April the first!
  75. May 4, 2016
    This game deserves a solid 9/10... There are a few minor issues/flaws that need polishing but none the less its an outstanding game! Most negative reviews on here are from people who have played a couple of games in "Arcade" mode and then feel its justified to write a **** review on the game! My review is based solely on "Ground Forces" as that's where I spend most of my time with WarThis game deserves a solid 9/10... There are a few minor issues/flaws that need polishing but none the less its an outstanding game! Most negative reviews on here are from people who have played a couple of games in "Arcade" mode and then feel its justified to write a **** review on the game! My review is based solely on "Ground Forces" as that's where I spend most of my time with War Thunder. I have played this game for 5 years now so I think my review is justified.

Do not play "Arcade" battles in ground forces, you will be deeply disappointed as its all about super fast tank, drifting tanks, shell drop indicator (shows you exactly how much your shell will drop over distance so always guarantees a hit and penetration) and shooting at player name tags (You can see a player name tag across the map)... so in short there is absolutely no realism or strategy involved in "Arcade" battles, but then again that is why its called ARCADE BATTLES ffs, and that is where most people base their reviews on!

Now "Realistic" and "Simulator" battles is where the game shines! The tanks travel at realistic speeds, they don't drift, no shell drop indicator (so you have to judge for yourself how much your shell will drop over the relevant distance *GASP*), and no player name tags (so you have to spot a tank with your own 2 eyes all on your very own *GASPS some more*). Realistic and Simulator modes is all about understanding your tank and knowing your opponent weak points when you run into him (his reload speed, armor thickness, weakspots, ammo rack positions etc) and its about patience, if you going to run around the map breaching cover everywhere you go you are going to get shot by someone sitting in cover probably well camouflaged and he is going to snipe your engine bay, stalling your tank, setting it on fire and then land 1 more shot on your ammo rack and *POOF* you are out of there... then you going to sit back and cry about campers or how biased the game is or how you can shoot another tank 8 times without killing him and he hits you dead with 1 round and then you going to b!tch about the game is broken etc... But bottom line is you just don't understand tank warfare or where to hit another tank for a critical shot. Realistic and Simulator modes are as realistic as you're going to get in this game genre, you just need to put a bunch of hours into the game to properly understand tank mechanics and tank warfare and not b!tch about the first person who shoots you from a distance and kills you with 1 shot because that is completely possible even in real life...

People also complain about how the BR system is broken and the matchmaking is broken, those people are just idiotic beyond belief... Its Simple actually. If you've got 5 tanks in your line up, lets say 4 of them are tier 1 and 2 with BR 1 - 4 and your last tank is a tier 4 with a BR of lets say 7 for arguments sake, the game will only match you up with your highest tier tank which means your tier 1 and 2 tanks are going to face tier 4 tanks because you have a tier 4 tank in your line up and then complain about the matchmaking being broken and ask "How can a T-50 vs a Tiger 1H, the matchmaking is broken!! fack this game!!" but you were the one who put your tiny T-50 against a Tiger 1H by not understanding the matchmaking system. I will let you in on a secret, to beat the problem, make sure all the vehicles you take into battle are of the same BR. so don't take a tier 1 tank into battle with your tier 2 or 3 tanks because you will have a hard time, its really that simple! keep your vehicles in your line up at the same BR and you wont have a problem.

Now that I'm done ranting on about stupid people... The game itself is great, its a free game but definitely isn't pay to win in any sense, but it is pay to progress faster than the free players as your gold eagles you buy only help you with research points and to buy premium tanks, there is no premium ammo to buy or any other nonsense that gives you an advantage over other players except for researching stuff faster than them. the graphics and visuals are outstanding and a brilliantly optimized game which you could probably run on your toaster, the sounds are brilliant, no generic sounds carried across vehicles, they all have their own unique sounds when it comes to engine and cannon fire etc. It's an all rounded brilliant games with a few rough edges that still need polishing out but its nothing game breakingly bad, most people wont even notice them... I would recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of realistic warfare and a fan or WWII era machines as this game is historically accurate and it really is one of a kind... Its a free game and extremely good, give it a go, but you need to put a bunch of hours into it to understand the game properly! and not jump ship after a few "Arcade" battles and then criticize the game for being a heap of **** because "Arcade" mode is a heap of ****

1. Aug 14, 2014
    Overall the War Thunder tank battles are great even at this early stage.
  2. Aug 7, 2014
    War Thunder rules the air but the lack of polish hurts, as does the dull ground warfare.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    With strong visuals and convincing audio backing it up, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent inside my P-36 Hawk, and its generous free-to-play model never got in the way.