9.0

1. Anonymous
    Jul 2, 2008
    Campaign, several new units and extra hero per race - that's all what I see in this expantion. Campaign is awfully predictable, with a rule: "Whoever you control, wins!". The ending, although, saved the campaign from becoming a cartoon story. Since Battle.net is an accomplishment Reign of chaos did, this game is only a lore-story for WoW.
  2. BrianOngBoonChoon
    Aug 9, 2003
    This is a great game but my favourite race is orc but not a single orc campaigns,also warcraft 3 has a cool show to watch after every campaign my favourite charater is grunt.I know I know it sounds weird but you creaters should put something more about grunt.
  3. SimonB.
    Jun 1, 2007
    In my opinion, games like these should be outstanding with scenario. Instead, what we get is furthering the evil Prince Arthas' reign as an undead lord. The story becomes even more predictable that I find myself guessing what Arthas will say next. I can pretty much assure I've been right most of the time. Other stories are out there, just there. Made to make it look like In my opinion, games like these should be outstanding with scenario. Instead, what we get is furthering the evil Prince Arthas' reign as an undead lord. The story becomes even more predictable that I find myself guessing what Arthas will say next. I can pretty much assure I've been right most of the time. Other stories are out there, just there. Made to make it look like Blizzard had to justify the invention of new units through a weak story. I dunno, maybe they were seduced by their own engine and thought: "Hey, let's make this story super flashy! Awesome explosion right there, dude!" and forgot to make it good. Bad points aside, I find the expansion adds new spirit to the game. New units and etc, but that's all there really is to it. Some campaigns look like the pre-pre-beta for WoW where you run around collecting items for dudes in a town as a character. This is a bloody RTS, for chrissakes, not a MMORPG. I found that very weak by Blizzard. For purists of the series, this is obviously a must-buy or must-download for purists that are too lazy to get out of the basement. For people with just about no notion in RTS, don't start with Warcraft 3. Expand
  4. JamesW.
    Jul 5, 2003
    From playing the beta, I found that while the new heroes and units were extremely fun to discover and use at first, they get old pretty fast - the new units and heroes don't bring the same spice to warcraft that brood war brought to starcraft, disappointingly. The graphics are very cartoon-ish, too, and stand out against the old graphics. I love the original and will stick with it, From playing the beta, I found that while the new heroes and units were extremely fun to discover and use at first, they get old pretty fast - the new units and heroes don't bring the same spice to warcraft that brood war brought to starcraft, disappointingly. The graphics are very cartoon-ish, too, and stand out against the old graphics. I love the original and will stick with it, now that the expansion interface changes have been added in the newest update. Expand
    Jul 23, 2006
    The game is great and fun. Battle.net sucks since those later versions are blocking me out, and i tried turning off all firewalls, opening ports, etc. Still gets random crashes and disconnects..
  6. guy!
    Aug 26, 2007
    Everything about this game is good except the campaign. There are fun new mini-games and the new units, items, & heroes are outstanding. Having said that, most the campaign is pretty bad. Not because it's boring, but pointless and repetitive. (***SPOILER***) All the good guys are dying, it's basically evil fighting more evil, and worst of all, every character is completelyEverything about this game is good except the campaign. There are fun new mini-games and the new units, items, & heroes are outstanding. Having said that, most the campaign is pretty bad. Not because it's boring, but pointless and repetitive. (***SPOILER***) All the good guys are dying, it's basically evil fighting more evil, and worst of all, every character is completely obbsessed with revenge. WHY ARE THEY SO OBBSESSED WITH REVENGE!?!? I mean, if one or two characters persue vengance, then the plot's exciting, but not when they all do it! Don't they realize that their homes are still smashed, their people are dying, and even if they get revenge, it will change nothing?! Having said that, good game overall. Expand
  7. Oct 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, was quite the let down in my opinion. Whilst the graphics and standard game play remained much the same from its predecessor, there are a few differences which will leave you frustrated and lack any real strategical depth. These are some of the mission you will embark upon. Many of these mission will be nothing more than glorified arcade style jokes, these seem to appear more frequently than one would like and the entire Blood Elf Campaign seems to be made up entirely of these dodgy bore-fests. From lack luster tower defense style missions, to battling over a caged Illidan, you will soon realize that these missions are no more strategical than fetching a cup of tea for your grandmother. The final mission for the Scourge is just a laughable arcade style joke as well, which has you running around a large and lifeless map, capturing more glowing circles than the Blood Elves. I guess the epic last stand of Mount Hyjal on Warcraft 3 was simply too much to try and top eh Blizzard?

With over powered heroes, boring missions, uninspired level design and endings which will leave a bitter taste in your mouth, i can only hope that Warcraft 4 will be an improvement. If Blizzard will actually make it that is...
  8. Dec 3, 2014
    Decent expansion to a classic. Couple aspects not polished, possibly from rushed release. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 6/10 - good 2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great interface and satisfying micro/macro control 3. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun 4. Story & Cinematics: 4/10 - interesting story, but some aspects were possibly rushed, leading to disappointment for some.

1. Graphics: 6/10 - good
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great interface and satisfying micro/macro control
    3. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun

Overall, average expansion.
  9. Aug 18, 2014
    Better than RoC by a slight margin.

Still a Blizzard """""""RTS""""""" with almost no strategising and tons of clicking all and micromanaging. Still not fun to play, or extremely little. Still Arthas is a terrible character. But despite the core problems of RoC being here, I think Frozen Throne did a far better job than its original game. Characters are usually better by a slight
    Better than RoC by a slight margin.

Still Arthas is a terrible character.

But despite the core problems of RoC being here, I think Frozen Throne did a far better job than its original game. Characters are usually better by a slight margin, level design is also slightly better, it's not a big improvement but it's an improvement nonetheless. Everything else that could be said about FT I already said about RoC.
  10. Sep 3, 2015
    The game adds some great things (raised pop cap, new units, new and neutral heroes), great story and three and a half very good campaigns. Then the dungeon missions of undead campaign come along, which are not that bad except the last one where Arthas is level two and he needs to run trough the dungeon and fight a really strong monster and his minions (Anub'arak shows halfway trough, butThe game adds some great things (raised pop cap, new units, new and neutral heroes), great story and three and a half very good campaigns. Then the dungeon missions of undead campaign come along, which are not that bad except the last one where Arthas is level two and he needs to run trough the dungeon and fight a really strong monster and his minions (Anub'arak shows halfway trough, but it's still kind of unfair), the one mission is cool tho. And of course a "non bonus" orc campaign would've been cool (although noting much happens with the orcs in the story). All in all Frozen Throne is a decent expansion. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2015
    The aim of this review is to help you reader decide whether you should still get this game these days (2015 and upwards) or not. I refer to the price of 15 euros.

This game is a dead legend. I definitely enjoyed this game past days, but today it has some significant flaws and problems that might make this game not worth buying anymore in 2015. So as you can see I rate this game from a modern point of view.

Its story contains good content and the campaign is still playable I would say, but the multiplayer of this game became non-existent because of several crucial reasons - especially caused by the company and the community: Hosting-bots made custom created games unfindable, means that you will have big troubles finding people playing with you certain maps. You might only find empty rooms that suppress the rooms with people waiting for other users to join.

The maps offered to play never really changed since a long time, the rotation just stagnated. Same goes for the patch and the strategies you will encounter, it is like playing the same strategies over and over again without possibilities to experience new ones. The balance has its issues and without redefining some of its aspects you can repeat your style of play over and over again - making it repetitive.
    Not just this but you will encounter a high ping, making this game over the "Battle.net" not a very fun experience.

It was a good game, but it has fallen apart.

More than just an expansion - technically, I think the game could be considered a sequel with all the depth that is in the game. If you have Reign of Chaos, this is a must buy for you and RTS fans everywhere.
  2. Manages to fix the balance problems that crept up in WarCraft III, but is unable to fix the fundamental problem. The game remains at an uncomfortable middle-ground between strategy and tactics, not giving enough of either or focusing explicitly on one.
  3. It doesn't change the face of the Warcraft world, but it does bump the experience up another notch. En'shu falah-nah, my brothers. See you on the field of battle.