3.6

1. Oct 27, 2013
    An extremely generic and lifeless shooter. For anything good i can say about it I can say at least 3 bad things. There are unique things at work here like the ability to help you and a teammate mantle a wall that's too high for you to climb, slide under objects instead of crawling, and change gun attachments on the fly like crysis. It shows the devs were putting in at least a littleAn extremely generic and lifeless shooter. For anything good i can say about it I can say at least 3 bad things. There are unique things at work here like the ability to help you and a teammate mantle a wall that's too high for you to climb, slide under objects instead of crawling, and change gun attachments on the fly like crysis. It shows the devs were putting in at least a little creative thought. Other than that its, basic gun play, with basic guns, with basic shooter mechanics, on boring an unbalanced maps. Sliding is abused to become more of a problem than anything else, which takes away any benefit it would normally give in game. The class system hardly ever comes into play and is more based of what gun you want than anything as you will hardly ever use a classes ability. You move like your walking though water and combat is sluggish and feels too slow. The cash shop is all rentals with no permanent purchases, and In game currency is earned at an insanely slow rate (you'll play maybe 20 30 games to get anything good for maybe a weeks time). I wont say this game is pay to win, its just pay to grind less. But the fact that you will play this game for 4-6 hours and unlock ONE item for a weeks time might as well make it pay to win. Also make wearable items give you perks and people who pay have an insane advantage. Its not as bad as Blacklight, but it is noticeable. Overall this game isn't terrible, but it isn't good either. For a FTP there are much better games out there, including Blacklight (but not by much. I gave it a 5). But i cant recommend this game to anyone. Skip it please. Say what you want about CoD, at least it has the formula down, and i have a lot of fun playing it. This is no CoD. Expand
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    With pay-to-win equipment unlocks, infuriating regional restrictions and bland gameplay, Warface does an excellent job of reminding us why free-to-play games are rarely worth our time.
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    Sadly this piece of software is a shameful ripoff of every other "Free-to-play" shooter, Crap attempts at money that give players chances at weapons early on. Graphically this game is a beauty but once you try and play PVP get ready to grab your ankles, bend over and welcome the hackers into your rear. This is sad being that this game barely just came out.
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    Meh. That pretty much describes Warface in a nutshell. It's not really good or unbelievably bad. Just Meh. It's the epitome of mediocrity.
    What really drags it down is clunky movement and implementation of free to play ideas a weapon maintenance mechanic, renting/buying of weapons with either real or in-game money, an xp and in-game money grindfest if you actually try to play for "free"). The co-op is completely unremarkable, with a blend of distinct classes a la Battlefield or Team Fortress 2, the whole problem is that the game FORCES you to work together. This wouldn't be an issue if you could switch classes mid-game if you accidentally end up with 3 snipers, but as of now you can't. I can't say much about the PVP because it didn't interest me at all and I haven't played it.
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    The good: The graphics look okay I guess...

The bad: Literally everything else. The lobby is browser based. They somehow managed to make it even worse than when BF3 did it. The AI in the coop missions is horrendous. It just stands in one place completely out in the open and shoots at you. It's literally tied with a flash game for the worst AI I've ever seen. Everything in the game
    The good: The graphics look okay I guess...

Everything in the game feels weird. I can't put my finger on it, but it just does. Movement feels like you're floating along the ground like an air hockey puck for example. That's the only specific example I can give. It just feels really weird to play and I can't explain why.

They force you to play certain game modes before they give you access to the ones you actually want to play, but those game modes do nothing to teach you the game so I don't know why. The default controls suck and so does the control customization so you can't even fix it yourself. It's a bunch of annoying stuff all stacked on top of each other to completely ruin the experience. For example I hate when scope/iron sight is a toggle. It's bizarre and years of muscle memory have conditioned me to hold right mouse down to scope. It won't let me change it to the normal way other games do it. There's stuff like that all over the place.

I tried to go leave some feedback about the game on the official forum, but they don't have one. There's just some lame Twitter knockoff the game is integrated with that isn't explained anywhere and I didn't want to bother to figure out.

Why can't I play a medic at the start? I usually play one in Battlefield and I want to be one here. How do I unlock it? The tutorial doesn't say and I couldn't figure it out from any of the menus. That's another thing, the menus aren't well designed at all. A lot of stuff doesn't even have a tooltip or anything and there's no way to figure out what it is but trial and error and none of it is designed intuitively.

I think I've ranted enough, but one more thing before I shut up. The game basically is just a ripoff of Battlefield and CoD mashed together. There's nothing original about it. My final verdict is that it's a complete waste of time and even though it's free I want a refund for the bandwidth it took to download it. If you're looking for a F2P shooter go play Blacklight: Retribution or Ghost Recon Online if you want multiplayer or Warframe if you want coop VS AI. Any of those games is far superior to this steaming pile of crap.
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    During Warface's closed beta, I was able to use all weapons it offers. Why bother unlocking a baby sniper rifle that kills in 1-2 headshots or 2-3 bodyshots, when there's a real sniper rifle on sale, one that guarantees a kill with a single bodyshot? Seriously, why even bother? Besides Pay2Win situation, overall game is pretty average at best.
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    Warface with its unbearable interface "gface" which constantly lags and does not support the game at all! Duration of loading even the lobby is a catastrophe.

Warface itself has neat graphics and good sounds BUT the gameplay lacks variety: Sure you can double-climb a wall with a partner aaaaaand... yes, that's it. You got your TDM, DM and S&D as standard gameplay mods and END! The

The controls feel utterly weird: Your mouse won't move and it feels like pulling your boot through thick sludge, the character animation is stale and boring/generic, the sliding just pisses you off because there is no cooldown time and the aim is not affected by it (sometimes it feels that sliding ppl hit even better).

The last and major point: PAY TO WIN! I don't need to say anything in addition.

2/10 because
    + graphics
    + sounds
  8. Dec 11, 2013
    quick things for this game.
    You will have a lot of fun if you have company.Bet you have played a lot better fps games.
    quick things for this game.
    Sounds it is really really good,you can spot the enemy just by the sounds.Graphics are also good.Gameplay is not much boring,but it's good enough.The thing that made me to put such a low rating as 4,is because you are renting items in the game,for me that is a fail,and a big one.
  9. Feb 22, 2014
    I had lost faith with C.O.D after the ghosts expansion and vowed to never buy another one of their expansions but warface has made me realize that other fps out there is just **** and the fact that they added a gambling feature in order to win something nice, I must say that is low. And the option to buy £100 of their currency makes me realize i pay 40 odd quid to get C.O.D or any otherI had lost faith with C.O.D after the ghosts expansion and vowed to never buy another one of their expansions but warface has made me realize that other fps out there is just **** and the fact that they added a gambling feature in order to win something nice, I must say that is low. And the option to buy £100 of their currency makes me realize i pay 40 odd quid to get C.O.D or any other top games for the year and is much more worth it then this game. This game is a low blow to the gaming industry and their greed to make money more than anything. Expand
  10. Nov 3, 2013
    Disappointing. Shocking use of CryEngine 3 backed by very, very average FPS gameplay. Couple it with a horrible web style interface that tries to mimics EA's success with battlelog. The graphics are impressive, once you get past that you shoot people and level, it's just not as fun as other games that already do that.
  11. Nov 3, 2013
    Good graphics but bad physics.(silly ragdolls).
    Cool weapons but if you don't want to pay its a grind fest.
    Its browser based and that comes with a lot of problems like a very long loading screen,video lag and random fps drop. Gface is shiny with cool effects but also confusing, the opposite of user-friendly and buggy (lobby chat sometimes disappear or you can't type in it.) I think
    Good graphics but bad physics.(silly ragdolls).
    Cool weapons but if you don't want to pay its a grind fest.
    Its browser based and that comes with a lot of problems
    like a very long loading screen,video lag and random fps drop.
    Gface is shiny with cool effects but also confusing,
    the opposite of user-friendly and buggy
    (lobby chat sometimes disappear or you can't type in it.)
    I think there is still hope for this game if they remove the browser requirement
    and make a launcher that logs you in gface.Also they need to rethink the payed items
    that they claim are not pay2win...
  12. Feb 12, 2014
    This game is just terrible anyone that says the graphics are good must be blind. It would have been good about 8 years ago(think rainbow six Vegas only with a lot less color). The whole interface is clunky as it chugs to get from one rent this gun page to the next. You like getting shot in the face with a shogun? Well this game is for you. You want that shotgun? Be ready to pay for itThis game is just terrible anyone that says the graphics are good must be blind. It would have been good about 8 years ago(think rainbow six Vegas only with a lot less color). The whole interface is clunky as it chugs to get from one rent this gun page to the next. You like getting shot in the face with a shogun? Well this game is for you. You want that shotgun? Be ready to pay for it because that person that keeps clipping your entire team is paying and there for destroying you. I would much rather be kicked out of servers all day on battlefield or spammed to death on cod ( at least in cod I can obtain that useful weapon) than spend 10 min or any money on this game. Good luck to everyone that thinks its great lets feed that pay to win model! Expand
  13. Feb 24, 2014
    Limited gameplay with no reason to go back to the game.. Its a shame that they used CRYTEK this game could have been made on the Unreal engine and been just as bad.
  14. Apr 22, 2014
    Went into the game expecting something good, after finishing the tutorial I thought to myself that this game could be great. I started off playing Coop, I learned very quickly that there is no skill or strategy involved. The other players were just running through rushing to get the most kills and get the most points. I gave up early on in the Coop and tried the versus mode to become evenWent into the game expecting something good, after finishing the tutorial I thought to myself that this game could be great. I started off playing Coop, I learned very quickly that there is no skill or strategy involved. The other players were just running through rushing to get the most kills and get the most points. I gave up early on in the Coop and tried the versus mode to become even more disappointed. Straight away I played on a small map with many people, all it was, was a grenade tossing simulator with shotguns put in the mix. Immediately after spawning, I would run out to die by a few players camping outside with a shotgun or 30 grenades coming my way. Honestly if I wanted to play such a FPS I would just buy Call of Duty. Expand
  15. Apr 17, 2014
    I'm going to write this review as honestly as possible, Warface has a nice framework, it has unique ideas, it has a fair amount of content, it has well designed maps, models and animations. Warface is a solid, if not impressive shooter that brings new ideas and mechanics to the genre. BUT It's completely butchered by the F2P mechanics that turns this mostly generic shooter into a grindI'm going to write this review as honestly as possible, Warface has a nice framework, it has unique ideas, it has a fair amount of content, it has well designed maps, models and animations. Warface is a solid, if not impressive shooter that brings new ideas and mechanics to the genre. BUT It's completely butchered by the F2P mechanics that turns this mostly generic shooter into a grind fest. After a while, the repetitive nature of the gameplay really starts to take it's toll on you. There is no reward, constant playing, yet still no reward, this game only rewards you if you spend actual money. Next is the developers lack of care for the PC community in general, Dumb proprietary browser plugins, Very narrow FOV(Can't be changed) and poor button binds.

Warface COULD have been a good game, but instead we have just another throw away F2P that will be dead within a year.
  16. Jul 2, 2014
    I had high hopes for this game, but unfortunately it's the most generic and uninteresting shooter I've ever played.

The battlefield-esque classes feel forced and feel like more of a pay gate for items than being enjoyable on their own. The multiplayer coop is bland and the enemies feel like bullet sponges, the multiplayer feels like a bad, unpolished CoD with very small arenas considering the engine it runs on..

Frankly, the average graphics, average sound, pay to win model and horrific latency for those outside the US or Western Europe, this game doesn't deserve any points in my eyes, pushing out yet another piece of F2P trash to sucker more people into wasting their money as a business decision is a massive negative force in the gaming industry in my eyes.

Frankly the most enjoyable F2P shooter I've played in terms of aesthetic, graphics, gameplay and only a "slight" P2W model (because skill really takes the cake) is Blacklight : Retribution.
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    The game is literally DEAD. I only wanted to try it because I got a $50 game cred for free, but nope it's not even worth trying. I tried to do a co-op mission but there's either no one doing one or that the host is afk. In versus mode, there are around 6 servers only and I got killed by high level characters. There's no balance in PVP because no one plays this game and they need to roundThe game is literally DEAD. I only wanted to try it because I got a $50 game cred for free, but nope it's not even worth trying. I tried to do a co-op mission but there's either no one doing one or that the host is afk. In versus mode, there are around 6 servers only and I got killed by high level characters. There's no balance in PVP because no one plays this game and they need to round up all the players. Expand
  18. Jan 12, 2014
    As said before, this game is generic. It's painfully generic, that's how bland it is. My biggest complaint is that it runs in a browser, I wouldn't rather have a dedicated client than install a useless plug-in that would only slow my browser down, and that installs to your OS partition which would also take up space in a partition dedicated to your OS which would also slow that down.As said before, this game is generic. It's painfully generic, that's how bland it is. My biggest complaint is that it runs in a browser, I wouldn't rather have a dedicated client than install a useless plug-in that would only slow my browser down, and that installs to your OS partition which would also take up space in a partition dedicated to your OS which would also slow that down. Enough with installation rant.

For a free to play game, it's quite nice to have the graphics like this, they aren't the best or ground breaking, but just good over all. What makes this great is that it runs in your browser, I know I complained about it. It's a good and bad thing. I found that the US servers are dead and had to forget about my character that is for some reason bound to that server itself, and start a new life in the Russian server. That's a bad thing. Why can't they just have the character data transfer over to the other server? I've seen many browser games do this, why can't this one? Do we really have to start over, and pay for items that we wouldn't get to use half the time? Another issue is seeing constant micro stutter, very annoying. It seems to do it quite frequent as well, which creates frustration.

Gameplay is absolutely nothing new at all. Something that has been done almost a decade ago. Your unoriginal, aim down sights, and shoot. The menu can use a complete revamp, it needs a lot of work. Controls feel horribly clunky, worse than Planetside 2 bad. PVE is more fun than the standard PVP mode, which also is not a good thing. There are very small and generic maps, some are linear which is nice, since that would mean there is a front to fight on, unlike Call of Duty online multiplayer. You die very fast in PVP, but you move too slow. Two conflicting mechanics, they don't mix well together. There is very minor customization, not an overwhelming amount of guns, or items. What I do like and applaud is the encouragement of team work. It may be forced when you have to help a player up but with also the classes. They aren't completely original and unique (e.g. Team Fortress) but at least they encouraged it.

My biggest complaint so far is the lack of creativity. It's a shame to see people reviewing this game say that it's amazing. It is not. People seem to have a very low standard for games. Being uncreative and unoriginal isn't good. Being average isn't good. You want to be above average. It doesn't feel like this game is pushing to be that. This game runs off the Cryengine for the sake of games. You can make so much more with a great engine like that. The masses might be fine with average games, but if we all had average games. Nothing would be great, it would all be mediocre. It's not that this game is bad as a free to play title, it's just plain over all. As an avid gamer, I look for games that stand out, not games that are sub-par. I'm honestly going to put this game off and come back in a year or so to see what changes they have made. Knowing how it is right now, I don't think there will be much different in the future. I hope the devs come to understand this.
  19. Mar 26, 2014
    >doesn't respect your time
    >pay2win
    >no intensive to keep playing >slide ability worse than dolphin diving in cod >tuturial/required co op missions that do nothing but waste your time and keep you from paying pvp >poor hit detection >movement feels sticky and unresponsive >terrible friend system >no story for the terrible co op >co op levels spawn enemies at random that use
    >doesn't respect your time
    >pay2win
    >no intensive to keep playing
    >slide ability worse than dolphin diving in cod
    >poor hit detection
    >movement feels sticky and unresponsive
    >terrible friend system
    >no story for the terrible co op
    >co op levels spawn enemies at random that use shotguns and riotsheilds
    >loose a co op match and you have to restart the entire thing
    >waiting in the lobby is ridiculous. No count down. Takes forever for everyone to ready up even when they have nothing to equip or change at the first level.
    The good
    >graphics look ok
    >pretty easy game to get into
    >free
    >ok health system
  20. Apr 6, 2014
    I had high hopes for this game but they seem to fail at all aspects of what make a shooter worth playing. There are many maps that require you to pick up a rocket launcher but then ammo is so limited that 90% of the time you will run out and not be able to finish. Even simple games 2 decades ago had enough sense to give you ammo in crates to fix this, yet they dont even have a clue.
    Avoid
    Avoid this game until the developers spend 2 seconds to review what other games got right decades ago. As it stands the game is complete trash.
  21. Apr 23, 2014
    Saw the ad for Warface, free game, free on-line play - sounded good. Download took forever over my fiber line while many of the other similar free games are extremely fast downloads. It then checks for updates (EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO PLAY). Finally got to the screen to select a Face for my soldier. Selected a face and then watched the game blow up. It took forever to restart. So, ISaw the ad for Warface, free game, free on-line play - sounded good. Download took forever over my fiber line while many of the other similar free games are extremely fast downloads. It then checks for updates (EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO PLAY). Finally got to the screen to select a Face for my soldier. Selected a face and then watched the game blow up. It took forever to restart. So, I left for a bite to eat. Came back and it looked as though it was ready for me to start to play but then it locked up again. I finally gave up and deleted the game and it's 5+ files it used to waste my drive space. GL to those that actually got it to work. Expand
  22. Jun 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warface it is something. When it was a great game, when a long time ago ... Now, this is not a game, but something like cheaters contest, where wins the most inventive and brash. For example: one of the servers on which I played was "honest player" with a score of 152/137/35 (murder / headshot / death). In this, unfortunately, you can not play Expand
  23. Jun 25, 2014
    This game sucks ass, totally pay-to-win and unbalanced. There is no plot, you just shoot bad guys. The graphics are average at most. There are almost no positive aspects in this game.
  24. Jul 5, 2014
    Pay to have better weapons... you can try to earn them if you so wish but there is an emphasis, repeatedly shown in front of you, to visit "vendors" and buy new things... How developers apply the worth of virtual items to real life currency is a constant unknown... perhaps they put a chicken in a blender and gauge the value of an item by the amount of horrified clucks they receive uponPay to have better weapons... you can try to earn them if you so wish but there is an emphasis, repeatedly shown in front of you, to visit "vendors" and buy new things... How developers apply the worth of virtual items to real life currency is a constant unknown... perhaps they put a chicken in a blender and gauge the value of an item by the amount of horrified clucks they receive upon activating said blender... in any case you'll be doing the metaphorical same with each click of "purchase" you make... It's a sad shame that Crytek have gone down this road instead of just making it another CoD shooter with DLC... at least then it might have been worth it... Even though the game is F2P it's also Pay2Win. Expand
  25. Sep 19, 2014
    Decent graphics, teamwork promoting map elements, and on-the-go customization cannot save this f2p shooter from a confusing interface, ancient matchmaking mechanics, and abysmal hit detection. In short, it is simply the poor man's Call of Duty.
  26. Jul 6, 2014
    Warface is quite possible a case study of how to achieve complete and utter mediocrity. Nothing about the game is bad per se... But nothing about it is very good either. You can also expect the typical "f2p" fair. Micro transactions that aren't very micro. Best items locked behind a pay wall. Any and all aesthetic customization locked behind a pay wall. Disconcerting elements of "pay toWarface is quite possible a case study of how to achieve complete and utter mediocrity. Nothing about the game is bad per se... But nothing about it is very good either. You can also expect the typical "f2p" fair. Micro transactions that aren't very micro. Best items locked behind a pay wall. Any and all aesthetic customization locked behind a pay wall. Disconcerting elements of "pay to win" (but admittedly you can compete with any gun).

The game feels and plays like a Call of Duty game (nothing wrong with that, despite the legion of idiots who use it as their go to "bad" comparison) mixed with the "classes" of the Battlefield series (for the kids, it's much more like RTCW; only... Not good). Skill is... Not so much a requirement. Every single map is so claustrophobic that you can expect to pretty much spray and pray your way to 2.0 kill/death ratio (which I did). The classes are negligible as the game moves so quickly there is really no point in stopping to revive a fallen teammate, which is more than likely going to get you killed in the process than perform a valuable function for your team. Further, because the maps are fairly tiny you can expect most games to quickly devolve into grenade tossing fests.

The graphics are okay, I guess. They're stunted by having to deal with cross-platform gameplay but the game moves so fast you won't have time to stop and look anyway.
  27. Sep 24, 2014
    For a game that boast to be build on a crytek engine, well it doesn't get to that level. I played through the tutorial thinking I was playing a lower screenresolution, nope it was already 1920 x 1080.

Their is no character creation, you can only choose some choppy face and thats it. Immediately after completing the tutorial I got hints of the pay2win system pushed into my face. What I can for buying ingame creds. Oh and the game interface is badly made.

Feels and is a generic shooter, there are better co-op shooters out there.
  28. Sep 7, 2014
    Что могу сказать о игре. Графика убога, музыка не о чём. А в России одни школьники играют. Поэтому 1.
    Перевод на английский/English translation.
    What can you say about the game. Graphics are poor, the music is about. And in Russia, some students play. So 1.
  29. Dec 14, 2014
    Игра просто разоряет людей играющих в неё, донат первая проблема игры. Дети играющие в игру сутками, ругающиеся в чат. Их где-то 90% от всех игроков. Это вторая проблема. Физика не порадовала, а вот графика на уровне, лучше чем в других "бесплатных" играх.Игра просто разоряет людей играющих в неё, донат первая проблема игры. Дети играющие в игру сутками, ругающиеся в чат. Их где-то 90% от всех игроков. Это вторая проблема. Физика не порадовала, а вот графика на уровне, лучше чем в других "бесплатных" играх.

1. Aug 27, 2014
    A middling contender in the most oversubscribed genre around. Trades too hard on being free.
  2. May 19, 2014
    Warface isn't very well-balanced: players who've been playing for very long or are paying money for their items have a noticeable advantage. The structure gets on your nerves and is very de-motivating for new players.
  3. Jan 10, 2014
    Crytek’s game fails to differentiate itself from other free-to-play shooters. I find Ghost Recon Online, Warframe and even PlanetSide 2 more interesting. [01/2014, p.68]