3.8

1. May 4, 2014
    Ok, I'll admit, this isn't the best FPS game out there, but it's better than half of the other free-to-play FPS games you can find.

Pros: Creative with design, Customization, Co-Op features, special moves(slide), Good Graphics I would also like to add that it isn't just a generic FPS, because there actually is a story, and it isn't just point and click. I also feel that it has a lot

I would also like to add that it isn't just a generic FPS, because there actually is a story, and it isn't just point and click. I also feel that it has a lot less trolls than a game like Tactical Intervention. It also has fun co-op missions that are based on missions to defeat the Blackwood. There is also individual story in the missions, and unlike a lot of people said, the missions are pretty much the story. So you have to do certain missions to unlock new ones. Not to mention that if you are just looking for multi-player, you would chose 'versus' which allows you to play several different gamemodes like capture points, plant the bomb, TDM and FFA.

Cons: Slow loading screens, confusing to understand what to do(not in-game), Over Used moves(slide)

The game itself is fun, but at first it might be a little confusing. It gives you a gameplay tutorial, but no menu tutorials or anything else. This can make it confusing to a new player. It does not explain how to unlock new classes either, which is actually just playing and leveling up until you unlock the class. Also, some moves in the game can be slightly OP. For example, the slide is an awesome move, but I think it is slightly overpowered, mainly because it looks like a player just been shot while running. But, you can easily get them, because the slide is hard to control, making it easy for you to duck out of the way and shoot them. Another move I find OP is prone. You can do it very quickly, and if you just keep tapping it it gets very hard to shoot at them. The class system is pretty good, but it also might be a little confusing. The classes specialize in different weapons, and they all have special abilities(minus the sniper) that are especially useful in co-op. For example, the engineer uses SMGs and can use claymores, and also fix his armor and the armor of teammates. The medic uses shotguns, heal himself and allies, and also revive allies. Even the basic rifleman has the ability to refill the his ammo and the ammo of allies.

Concluding Statement:

I would say that although the game has some flaws, it is generally good, has good gameplay, a good community, and good graphics.The only reason I wouldn't play it is if I wanted to play a quick match, because, unless that game is already open, It takes a couple minutes to load, not to mention the waiting rooms and the fact that each game is about 10 minutes long. But, besides that, I find this game very good.

Rating 7.0
  2. Oct 27, 2013
    So this game right now is between a 7 and 8 for me. The cost of entry is low, it's free and browser based so all you have to install is a plugin. The graphics are good on medium and my standard laptop can run it fine. Warface is fun and worth a shot.

So basically the game is split into 2 parts: versus and co-op. The Versus is pretty lack-luster in my experience, the objectives are all very simple and nothing in the versus forces players to take advantage of the team-based classes of the game. The maps are all so small and tight that it just turns into a grenade-spamming, corner-camping brawl. There's no regenerating health or armor in this game, however, so you tend to be worthless after a kill as your health and armor will stay low. Now, it can be repaired by team-mates of course, but it won't, because everyone there are only 2 classes that can repair you and the odds of both of them getting to you before someone sullies your face with buckshot is quite low. In fact, the game is so campy that medics are simply not played right now. That's right, the versus takes such low advantage of the class system that they basically made the most important class obselete. Frankly, the versus isn't worth your time.

However this game shines in co-op. The co-op missions force the use of all 4 classes, and after you play for a while, you begin to appreciate how it's designed. All 4 classes in the game are support classes and going through any mission without one of each class is incredibly difficult. The engineer gives armor which protects you from burst damage like grenades, missiles, and sniper rounds; whereas the medics protect people from the sustained damage of going through extended battles. The soldier replenishes team ammo and sniper is the most prolific at taking down high priority targets that the other classes don't have the range to shoot. When playing the coop, anytime a single class dies the mission becomes incredibly difficult; forcing your squad to play smart and get to know each other.

The game forces you to depend on your teammates which is a blessing to the coop and the bane of the versus

Leveling up is kind of a grind, like in most f2p's, but the way you unlock things is kind of interesting. There are 3 types of "vendors" that you can switch between at any time and whichever one you have selected you will get progress toward unlocking that item. It randomly selects what your reward will be by picking from a pool of variably rare items. It's not too bad, since unlocking things isn't too slow and once you unlock something it is always unlocked. The attachments for guns are quite numerous and can be swapped out in-game which is very cool. The game gives you 2 ways to buy things, you can rent things temporarily or buy it permanently. The rent option is basically there to try something out before you buy it. If you buy something, you will have to pay to upkeep it but the cost is not overly grievous. To be honest, I'm not sure what the point of it is, it seems like an unnecessary tax. You only have to upkeep the equipment you use so if you buy something and don't use it right away, it won't degrade. Basically, the f2p system isn't as flawed as the early reviews make it out to be.

The games biggest problem is simply a lack of content. The versus modes are limited and all lacking in depth, the maps are also limited in number in very lacking in depth. The co-op missions are very deep however, but also lacking in quantity. There are 3 new missions every day, but that gives you a very harshly limited time to complete the hardcore missions and also they just recycle the same 6 or 7 maps each day. The paths are always the same and the spawns vary slightly so there's just a flat out lack of content. Also, the player base (at least in NA) is small atm, and can make finding groups difficult when your not playing during prime time. Just convince your friends to download it and try, it's free and a ton of fun with some friends.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    Missions- Not satisfying plain (3)
    Game play- COD copy and paste, same old same old (4)
    Graphics- Surprisingly good (7)
    Mood- gunfire creates and exciting moments, can be Dull (5)
    Set up- Menu is okay, takes far to long to get into a game, usually 7 minutes (5)
    Average 4.8 (5)
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    The game could be better, if there would be less donating. I understand, that game's developers have to gain money from something too, but it was a big mistake to make it free. The game is full of different problems, such as disbalanse and no subject at all. The only thing that saves it, is it's PvE missions, that are quite intersting.
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    Warface is claimed to be of AAA quality. It's more of a "great AA" title. The gameplay is pretty average; what you'd expect for a F2P MMOFPS. The PVP is balanced, and is quite team-oriented. The Co-op is pretty linear but still entertaining. The sliding is a maneuver that should be removed, as it doesn't promote competitive gameplay (arcade-like, instead). Furthermore, it feels likeWarface is claimed to be of AAA quality. It's more of a "great AA" title. The gameplay is pretty average; what you'd expect for a F2P MMOFPS. The PVP is balanced, and is quite team-oriented. The Co-op is pretty linear but still entertaining. The sliding is a maneuver that should be removed, as it doesn't promote competitive gameplay (arcade-like, instead). Furthermore, it feels like the earth has 3x the gravity (heavy, stiff, movement). The G-Face interface is pretty bad. The game should have a client like most F2P games. We competitive gamers aren't too worried about visuals, but for the casual FPS gamers: The game looks nice, and isn't super demanding. Yay for optimization! The game is worth a try, but you may not become addicted to the somewhat redundant gameplay. Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2014
    The game consists of a continuum of stamps although they did a pretty not bad. The gameplay is not nadoedaet.A for fans of cooperative transmission Pwe there have not even have any bosy.A in PvP there is diversity in the modes and maps.
  7. Jul 4, 2014
    +++ Pros: +++
    1. Graphics are ok on max settings.
    2. Co-op and Versus modes available (choose what you like). 3. 4 different classes to choose from. 4. Daily maps and bonuses are refreshing. - - - Cons: - - - 1. The loading times are extremely long and unnessesary (to restart the map = 5 minutes) 2. In versus modes you die instantly even with full armor and health. 3. In co-op mode
    +++ Pros: +++
    1. Graphics are ok on max settings.
    2. Co-op and Versus modes available (choose what you like).
    3. 4 different classes to choose from.
    4. Daily maps and bonuses are refreshing.
    - - - Cons: - - -
    2. In versus modes you die instantly even with full armor and health.
    3. In co-op mode the game cheats to encourage you use respawn coins.
    4. No stats in armor equipment is confusing.
    5. Not enough maps (especially in co-op).

Try it. The Versus is rubbish,but the co-op is not that bad.
  8. Oct 8, 2014
    I'm giving this a marginally good score because - as with most multiplayer games sometimes it's the players themselves that **** it up for everyone. This, sadly, is no exception to the rule.

There are some things to like about this game, there are certainly things to NOT like about the game, but that hasn't stopped me racking up over 200 hours of gameplay in less than 2 months (for a grown man, that's a lot of hours on a game).

Things you might not like that I know I certainly don't:

The ridiculous loading time - and the godawful "name not supported" glitch.
    Not only does it take an insanely pointless waste of time to load, what's more grinding on my gears is that the screen only has to go ****ing black before my relatively high end PC starts kicking up a fuss about having to use a lot of memory and almost instantly, the highly paid hamsters turning the wheels in my system (I am being silly here of course) start pegging like mad trying to get the thing to stay at a relatively comfortable temperature so they aren't sweating their bollocks off.

The Noob/Hater bandwagon.

As you'd expect, there's noobs here. There's noobs in every game and everyone at some point or other is a noob. The term in this sense is not used in a derogatory fashion - even though I hate the word "noob" myself. However, and thankfully, there aren't too many noob/noobhater people in the warface community, it tends to be pretty friendly so it's easy enough to enjoy a good game and give and receive either bullets to the face or pats on the back for a job well done.

Teamkillers:
    Teamkillers are a pain in the ass, always have been always will be.
    There are a significant number of ranks on Warface, if you are playing warface and you happen to have a rank sufficient to warrant having four yellow stripes next to yer name, claiming "I didn't know friendly fire was on" is not a ****ing excuse when playing on the "hardcore" levels. It doesn't matter too much about the other levels of "Initiate", "Regular" or "Skilled" because friendly fire is an afterthought, HOWEVER it is good practice in not aiming at your own team during those levels to accustom to the rule of "no friendly fire". It annoys people no end, and only gets you kicked from matches.

Renamed and rehashed levels
    Speaks for itself. The levels are somewhat different, but it soon becomes obvious to tell that they are essentially all the same with just a little twist to them.

The damn wallhackers/auto-aimers and cheaters in general:
    Yes this game still gets those, despite claims it's improved in recent times to accommodate for no cheating, however this is to be expected.

It may well be in Beta til the end of the world. I have never once seen this released from Beta, it is ALWAYS beta.

I don't know what exactly they're hoping to achieve by having a constant beta status on the release, but hey that's the way it goes for them so keep on moving I guess. It would be nice to see this final released, but it will never happen realistically. Think on that, and on why it's been beta for so many years!

That said:

It has good sound, fairly passable graphics, a somewhat rewarding level of....rewards for successfully winning a match or passing a level in PvE. It is NOT all that bad, though it does need a lot of work in places.

1. Aug 27, 2014
    A middling contender in the most oversubscribed genre around. Trades too hard on being free.
  2. May 19, 2014
    Warface isn't very well-balanced: players who've been playing for very long or are paying money for their items have a noticeable advantage. The structure gets on your nerves and is very de-motivating for new players.
  3. Jan 10, 2014
    Crytek’s game fails to differentiate itself from other free-to-play shooters. I find Ghost Recon Online, Warframe and even PlanetSide 2 more interesting. [01/2014, p.68]