8.1

1. May 29, 2013
    Loved the fist one, but ALB fails to live up to its predecessor. Game has been turned from a great RTS into a Total War clone. Single player campaign is horrific, removed the ability to save games.
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    This could have been a great game...unfortunately you can't save your games in single player. What have the developers been smoking??? From great to absolutely unplayable. What a petty.
  3. Jun 3, 2013
    Lowest score, because you unfortunately can't save your games during the solo campaign. For me absolutely unplayable.
    This could have been a best wargame...
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    I generally play single player, and when I have a few moments to play this is when I crank up the game. My first problem is with the missions, there is no way to save the game, the only saves are by the game and only when starting or ending battle. So if I need to stop during a battle, that's it I will have to restart another time.

I guess I could live with this and muddle through if it
    was not for one other intensely frustrating issue, the AI knows everything I do. It is able to avoid my attacks and if I try something sly and for example hide a scout in an area of interest, the AI will find that hidden unit and destroy it even if it cannot be seen by any of the AI's units.

I will admit, game-play is otherwise quite fun and the mix of units can be interesting. However as a single player game it does not make the grade. While it may succeed as a game to play a random skirmish and as multi-player, for my requirements it fails dismally.
  5. Jun 3, 2013
    This could have been a great game...unfortunately you can't save your games in single player. From great to absolutely unplayable. Pls fix it! then i buy this interesting game. thx.
  6. Nov 11, 2013
    Do not waste your money this game is as bad a END WAR if you hated that you'll love to hate this. 3/10 Could be a good game but the AI for your side isn't smart enough to engage targets at full range. Unless you micro manage each unit, they won't fire until the other unit is about 100m from full range. The computer however has no problem firing from maximum range and having a variety of units for every single situation. Artillery is awesome to watch but if you try and hit a moving target it your going to shoot about 200m off and probably hit a migrating bird. All in all it is exactly like end war for the xbox but easier to manage being on the PC. That being said Rock ,Paper,Scissors are what both games are about. Expand
  7. Jul 11, 2013
    What can I say about this game?
    Despite the difficulty of Wargame European Escalation, I liked it. I liked the decks and the campaign. I liked the graphics the maps. Hell, I even liked the multiplayer(though i grew to hate it.) but this is about airland battle..so on with the show
    I have played a grand total time of 5 hours compared to the 61 hours of Escalation..and probably out of
    the those 5 hours 4 of those were spent in the beta because i pre ordered. Nothing changed save for the single player was added. I could not complete the tutorials last level because it was too effin difficult(at least for me anyway but hey I admit it.) So when the game was released, I said finally some awesome single player action ill pick and design a deck, sold American.
    WRONG-They pretty much gave us people who love single-player the ole schlongorino in the keister, as with the case with most games nowadays. Game creators believe we need to social network and interact with other people..which probly 8 outta 10 times other people are asshats.
    You can't save. For some ungodly reason, you can't save. which is The campaign as no tutorial so you are forced to figure out what to do and how to do it. The skrirmish is just i don't know. Nothing has captured me like the first one and kept me going I just stopped caring once i realize i couldn't save and they just want me to play multiplayer with people who are asshats.
    So what do I give this game outta 10?
    graphics-4 If anything I believe the graphics got worse than the last one. I ran it at the highest settings and even still the graphics seemed a bit blurry and blotchy specially the shadows
    sound-4 same as the last one
    Units and the hangar-the hangar is ok i guess but it gets boring. I just am slowly losing my faith in video games.
    in closing, I can't reccomend it. I haven't played it in over a month and I will probably delete it. I hate to be a negative nancy but whatever it is what it is. If you get it wait till it's on sale, that way you wont shoot yourself in the foot like I did.
    Courage and honor-
    Mikey42782
  8. Jun 10, 2013
    There is tons of units but there isn't any strategy inside. The ranked is a competition between helo rushers and campers. Attacking isn't rewarded due to the very poor gamemode.

The solo campaign is wasted by this poor gamemode and silly rules for the battles. And there is nothing to really help.

So well the mutiplayer in 1v1 isn't interesting, the solo isn't interesting... it left
    the 2v2 and above:
    2v2 is a bit like 1v1 but you need to find a good partner. Above this, the narrowness of the maps make the game less interesting than SC2 battle.

One of the great feature of the game, the 10v10 servers is nothing more than a kind a Warhammer 40K battle between chaos' hordes as it is quite impossible to get a start of cohesion with the whole team when you have the luck to start at 10 pact vs 10 Nato, which is rare...

Well... for me this game is the caricature of what should an RTS. The game feature tons of units, tons of vaired stuff just to attract the casual gamer and steal its money with a nice package but an empty game
  9. Aug 12, 2013
    it is horrific game. the worst i ever played yet. gameplay, sound etc. it is a bad Total War clone. i have waste my money for this game. i will delete asap.
  10. Sep 7, 2013
    Absurdly awkward user interface ruins this game in singleplayer. 850 different units only because the developers were lazy to differentiate between weapons, vehicles and equipment.

This game at first enthralled me. The idea of 12 nationalities and equipments, deck mounting, makes it very appealing. This would be a real great Turn-based wargame.

However, this game, at first view a
    Real Time Strategy Game, is in truth a Real Time Tactical Simulation Game with Strategic Components over a Huge Scale.

This makes you control 100 units, one unit at a time, in real time, without the ability to slow down the game to turn it to a semi-turn-based strategic game, and having to give attention to so many details that you have to be a puppetmaster to be able to wage war with it.

So, for adrenaline-rushed gamers that can support a click-fest, and get a Repetitive Effort Lesion, this may be a good game. It's with pain in my heart that this is not for me.
  11. Jan 11, 2014
    I bought this game in beta so i'm playing this game from beginning.

Its finally something different from those nonsense games like MoW and CoH where you shoot to each other from 20-40 meters apart. Here you have grand scale strategy . Where tanks engage each other from 2km+ , you can call in airstrikes you can do airborne cavalry assaults. Not parachute drops.
    Many nations , too many
    if you ask me, and loads of different units.

This game goes into more realistic theme..you need to refuel,rearm.. your tanks can get stuck into mud or loose tracks.. etc etc

You can created modify your own battle groups which is really cool..tweaking and perfecting will take you hours... More inf? no problem.. heavy on tanks and support vehicles? here you go..do what you want.

BUT ..
    This is game heavily depends on team play, micromanagement of your units is here really important and you need to be focused on it all the time..so if you play 4v4 and suddenly you have troll/kid/temakiller on your team..you can do anything about it, you cant vote kcik him, cause there is no such option, you can only watch how he throws down the game.
    Well you might said that devs didn't knew that multi games are full of trolls and kids. Its 2nd game of the series. So either they are stupid, they didn't care or they didn't had time to do this.
    Now you have friends list.. but there is no Black List, so you have to remember who you don't want to play with. Its annoying that simple thing like that wasn't in the game. Again devs didn't played multi game before?
    They wont even ban anybody on privet hosted games, only on official servers, OK so give us black list!!
    I had to surrender dont know how many games cause of people who wouldn't cooperate or team killed..or were plain stupid.

Another thing menu is full of useless animation showing parts of game? what for?
    .. how about putting map of game you about to play?
    How about availability to see what kind of deck people have? So if we see "support" only person we can kick him before game start in lobby?
    How about making game with 4-5 countries but units and maps worked to the perfection?

I dont know how hard is to add another level of game? with big turn base mode like close combat 4..where your units div/reg/bat are moved and when they meet with enemy they get to fight ?
    there is such thing in single , but its very simplistic. I guess they have to rediscover that idea.

This game started with great idea, but it was dumbed down, somebody tought if we put X more countries X more people will buy it, and we give them billion units ! everything to sell more!.. still its finally something different from the pack. Fells like 2 teams were working on it, one who wanted to make good game, and one who wanted to make more money, second one won.

I play this game almost every day, and i give it 4, why? its 2nd game of the series with no major improvements except adding planes upgrading graphics . Basic logical things like i mentioned before are still mystery to Eugene devs.. why?
  12. Jul 11, 2013
    What can I say about this game?
    So what do I give this game outta 10?
    sound-4 same as the last one
    Courage and honor-
    Mikey42782

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Wargame: AirLand Battle polishes the Wargame even better. Here a commander with a plan and a good recon will prevail over someone with hunder actions per minute. Dynamic campaign makes it easily worth it, especially when you can face off with your friend in it. Hopefully we'll see more campaign scenarios as DLC. [Aug 2013]
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    The other knock against the single player campaign is that there's no option to save your progress. No option to save your progress. It bears repeating because this is 2013! What the hell?
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    If you're looking for a deep strategy game, this is one you can get lost in for more hours than you can count.