• Publisher: YuPlay
  • Release Date: Dec 25, 2009
7.8

1. Feb 14, 2012
    This is for sure the best flight sim I have ever played. I have played everything from Janes, IL2, BlackShark,and others I can't think of them all. This sim can be played in Arcade while your learning and just funing or similation for the whole deal or in real mode. This sim will work for everyone. It has the best graphics I have seen in a sim. They are better than Apache AH64 Assault which is also a very good game.
    I love this game. These people put their FULL expertise in this game. I like it so much that I even bought the add on called Wings of Luftwaffe. The latest release recognizes many flight rigs and sticks. My Thrustmaster flight t HOTAS was listed and played with very little tinkering. I do wish you could change more planes and more settings for control devices (sticks), but even as it is, it's worth 2x what you pay for it. There are combat sims that cost 3x what this one does and aren't half as good. If you have had doubts about purchasing this game, Don't think twice, just buy it! Activation is a little bit of a pain but support is good and you can go online and dogfight with people all over the world. There are all kinds of free decals and add ons also. I haven't ever rated a game as high as this one before. These guys really put their heart in this one.
  2. Jul 29, 2012
    Stunning visuals, exciting dogfights, and decent missions. That would be the easiest way to sum up this game. The flying is excellent, it has 3 different settings for difficulty. I'm more of a simulator kind of guy myself so I cannot vouch for the two easier settings, but the simulation difficulty is very realistic to the point that I find it very difficult at times. As far as gameplay goes this game is second to none in the flying category. I would recommend that if you want to play it you will want either a gamepad or a joystick. Without one you would likely be forced to play on the arcade difficulty to be effective. The only thing I would count this game off for is the missions. They are great don't get me wrong, but sometimes you feel like you were given the short end of the deal. For example during the missions over Stalingrad, you are given an I-16, which is a Russian fighter, it's a bit goofy looking which is fine, but the plane has a habit of stalling a lot, and a major flaw is that if you push the nose down to far (one of the best strategies in other planes to start a chase), the plane's engine will stall out and shut off. You then have to continuously hit the engine start button to try to start it back up. When you finally get it started up the enemy BF-109 will be out of sight and likely far above you. I did beat this mission my second try but it was very frustrating to have a slower plane than your opponent with less maneuverability. Then there are the missions where you have to fly for quite a while, 10 min sometimes just to get to an objective. These issues weren't enough for me to dock it more than one point off of a perfect score because although there was a bad mission (possibly more later IDK I haven't beat the game yet) and some of the missions take a while to see action, for the most part once you find the action it's a very exciting game to play, and is definitely worth the money you'll spend on it. If you like WWII air combat simulators and you're looking for one that has impressive visuals this one will not disappoint. If you want a WWII air combat simulator and you really don't care about visuals too much the IL-2 Sturmovik is a less expensive alternative that is equally fun, but a little less user friendly. Expand
  3. Dec 24, 2010
    $6 fair price, "hats off to Steam for amazing deals". Excellent dogfight! Il-2 sucks due to DRM installation limit. You can install it thrice and then throw away the disk.
  4. May 5, 2011
    Best WWII Sim Fighter, Great Replay, Great AI, just all around great, no downfall at all. If you have a computer that will run this full graphics and a joystick, youll expect every game hereafter to be as good or better. AMAZING game. nice job Wings of Prey. btw once again the critics dont know what they are talking about.
  5. Jun 15, 2011
    I have a very big expirience on games, and especially those based on WW2 ... I recommend this wonderful simulator (if you want it to be one, you can just choose between 3 modes..) to any fan of quality games.. The graphs and sounds are amazing and extremely realistic, and the gameplay is one of the deepest in that kind of games.. Its pretty easy to learn how to fly, but it will take you very long time to be a master.. Generally its a great game, way better than any other in that category, and it is made in a way that any kind of player, new or older, can have fun with it.. Expand
  6. Sep 8, 2011
    Wings of Prey is the best WW2 combat flight sim available today. The only title that can rival this will be World of Planes, being released soon by the same company. Love this game a lot.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    Very good game nice graphics nice gameplay although gaijins new game War Thunder i would suggest its free to play and i would say its alot better as the online on this game is kinda dated out and noone does it anymore
  8. May 8, 2014
    While this game may not tickle the fancy of hardcore flight simmers, the scale and breadth of the game's aircraft options, theatre of operations, and graphics all amount to an incredibly enjoyable experience. The game's difficulty and simulation can be adjusted to suit players' needs, and there are a sizable selection of alternate "skins" available for each plane.

Just beware: as of
    this review multiplayer is no longer supported by Yuplay in favor of it's free-to-play "War Thunder." However, take notice that "War Thunder" is a money-grab. Save your money and time and buy Wings of Prey instead. Expand
  9. Mar 4, 2011
    Wings of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Adrennes and Berlin representing the main airborne battles for World War II in Europe.

First words: Scenery Ace! What a gem this game is. If you're into simulator games like the big Microsoft X Flight sim or racing simulators don't put this one away. The game provides a pivotal platform with dynamic fight scenes and excellent control whilst fighting warships to 1 on 1 fighter planes. You'll be lost within the spectacular scenery plus the details of fields, tree's and cities as they are somewhat amazing! I must agree with the game developers on this one that they do hold one of the best looking flight simulators to date.

As you can see from the trailer, it is well designed, planned and by all means shows off those excellent details. Though for me when playing the game like all flight simulators you do to somewhat lose your bearings in some dog fights. Remember this is World War II simulator, they didn't have an arrow pointing towards the enemy... You actually got to use well firstly common sense but also be able to keep on track/behind your enemy at all times. Failure in doing this leads to well... "Good luck trying to find him again".

The missions are pretty well developed and presented with historic battles such as Battle of Britain and Stalingrad taking place. I also like how the fact you have to take off and land on most of these missions just like you would in real time. It gives more involvement within the story as if you're the decisive person if we win this war or not.

Though there are some negatives to this game. Firstly the controls, if you don't have a controller or joystick good luck trying to actually fly as flying with the mouse is somewhat impossible! The keyboard layout is also some what confusing as I rightly remember. You would think that the letter "G" would be gears up or gears down... But not in this one. They really need to improve on there key mapping for the default setting. Yes, granted you can change them yourself but do you really want to be doing that for 20 minutes before playing the game? Thought not....

Overall here are the scores

Gameplay - 8/10
    Playability - 5/10
    Graphics - 8/10
    Sound - 8/10

Overall this game score a 7.25. There's a broad range of ideas which the developers could have improved but then again there are some points which they have excelled on. For example lasting appeal: There's loads of content available for the player but on some of the multiplayer modes it's generally the same...

Wings of Prey would stand out even if the sim field were considerably more crowded. The concessions and compromises to realism are bound to aggravate purists, but it's a small price to pay for the range of flight models you get here.
  2. Wings Of Prey is a well thought out visual and audio treat to the senses.
  3. For 40$ Wings of Prey Offers a fifty missions long campaign and a mix of arcade style and realistic flight experience.