Wizard101 PC

6.9

1. Mar 25, 2015
    This game sucks!!!! Here's why
    1. the chat filter is so stupid you can't say anything! you cant even say "whole" i wish i were joking!
    2. you can only play the game for a hour and a half until you'll probably get to firecat alley and cyclops lane were you have to pay! and memberships are RIDICULOUSLY expensive! 10 bucks just for one month! that should be like for a year!!! 3. after the
    This game sucks!!!! Here's why
    3. after the malistaire story arc you'll ask yourself "is this a kids game"? because the game gets ridiculously hard beyond this point (cheating bosses etc.) and the majority of people who make it this far are adults!! do you want your eight year old to play with creeps playing a kids game????
    4. in late-game the only way to get good gear is to grind ridiculously hard bosses 100s of times possibly,
    extremely boring and tedious, oh and did i mention this bosses are VERY hard and the "dungeons" they are in take hours to complete just to GET TO THEM!!! and at the end, you'll probably get nothing anyways because they drop rate is very low for no reason!!!
    5. crowns are so expensive! and the gear you can buy with it a joke compared to the bosses you'll have to grind late game if u want good gear!
  2. May 25, 2015
    Magic, a mysterious, unnatural, difficult to control force. Wizard101 features none of that.

I've played through the tutorial out of curiosity as I enjoy the idea of magical combat, and I have to say that Wizard101 doesn't feature any aspects of magic I enjoy. The idea of wizards getting together for a battle against mystical creatures, and choosing to stay out of other peoples fights or help them if they're struggling is an interesting concept. However, the battles themselves are far from magical feeling. When a majority of attacks involves summoning a snake, wolf, giant or bat to attack for you rather than actually casting magic yourself, doesn't feel all that magical.

The tutorial is incredibly short, and the membership is extremely expensive, $10 a month. Even so, that's 1 hours work at minimal wage in most places, its much more expensive than other games. The story seems quite interesting, but I have my doubts whether the gameplay would be worth the $120 per year. There are other games that feature hundreds of hours on F2P like runescape before getting boring. Sure you'll have a lot of restrictions and it does follow a F2P/membership model, but the F2P aspect provides much more in several other games.

One thing that REALLY needs to be fixed is the chat filter. I understand a game would want to filter out swear words when intended for children, but a lot of words that aren't swears can still be censored out like the word "whole" and I'm not making this up.

As a whole, I'd say it'd be a good game for a kid, but it doesn't feature much in the prospect of imagination. The graphics are a good balance between form and function, the gameplay is simple, and would be great for a younger audience. Due to the price and lack of imagination with "magic" casting, I wouldn't recommend this game for those who truly enjoy the unknown, wild and unpredictable chaos that is borne from magic.
  3. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is terrible. First off, a large portion of the game is restricted, unless you purchase a monthly subscription which is expensive. Then, the game auto filters you're grammar and restricts words that aren't even offensive. The graphics are terrible, and it is pretty much just eight year olds running around asking if you will give them money so they can buy their pet unicorn.
  4. Nov 15, 2015
    The game is a scam, Kingsisle finds many ways to scam you its outrageous. Their Kingsisle E-mail support is very inconvenient and they don't have a Call Support Line. They are very unlenient when it comes to banning people, to the point where you can LITERALLY get banned for no reason. Don't play the game unless your willing to take the risk of losing you Account and money.
  5. Jan 10, 2016
    This game **** SUCKS! Do us all a favor and take down this game, you **** are going to make so many kids regret choosing this **** game to waste their damn childhood on.
  6. May 6, 2016
    Kids have found ways to curse on this game. There are bullies, especially if you are a non member, you get teased allot. There are sexual predators that have found ways to communicate to filtered chat members. They have even found a way around using numbers and exchange phone numbers, addresses and email accounts. Trust me, I learned this by playing and all of the above has happened toKids have found ways to curse on this game. There are bullies, especially if you are a non member, you get teased allot. There are sexual predators that have found ways to communicate to filtered chat members. They have even found a way around using numbers and exchange phone numbers, addresses and email accounts. Trust me, I learned this by playing and all of the above has happened to me. Parents beware and only allow your child to use menu chat. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Jan 16, 2012
    Parents of younger kids and tweens will definitely want to check out Wizard101 if they haven't already. It's a wonderful game to use to introduce kids into the wider world of MMOs. And while Mom and Dad are at it, they should also call Grandma and Grandpa to get them started too. Wizard101 is that good and that fun for players of all ages. For this particular niche, the family-oriented, cross-generational gamer, there is no better game on the market today than Wizard101.
  2. An ideal starter MMO for children, but challenging enough for adults. Kids will love the cute characters, colorful world, and grandiose combat animations (as well as the Potter-like setting) while their parents may be drawn to the Magic: The Gathering inspired combat card mechanic and online safety measures.