4.9

1. Sep 28, 2012
    Horrible expansion. This is not WoW anymore it's one big kiddyland. Game is so easy it's not playable anymore. Good days of Vanilla and TBC are gone forever.
  2. Sep 28, 2012
    With Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft really starts to show its age. Instead of revitalizing or revamping the existing content and core of the game, the developers have gone a different route: they're going all-in on childlike simplicity. They're adding Kung fu pandas, tacked on 5 levels to a game where no one seems to care much about the leveling process anymore, added another 100+With Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft really starts to show its age. Instead of revitalizing or revamping the existing content and core of the game, the developers have gone a different route: they're going all-in on childlike simplicity. They're adding Kung fu pandas, tacked on 5 levels to a game where no one seems to care much about the leveling process anymore, added another 100+ levels of gear grind, chucked in additional sparkle ponies, made the old (but lore-rich content) even more irrelevant, added new lore where absolutely nothing epic happens (unlike every other expansion), simplified all the talents, and thrown in Pokemon for good measure.

All the gimmicks seem like a play for younger gamers (who don't play MMOs, generally) and/or Asia (but the Asian themes are silly caricatures). In any case, I'd have preferred fundamental improvements to the combat system, leveling process, and story, modern character customization options, and a move away from nothing but max level loot grinding. That didn't happen here.

Ultimately, the highly addicted WoW player base will quickly level to 90 in a few days and then begin their new, long slog to nab up as much loot as those contestants on the old game show, Supermarket Sweep. The world will be desolate again quickly, filled with old, obsolete content. PvP won't be any better than it is now, which is to say the worst in the industry (WoW with its stark gear imbalance and grindiness actually may have the most imbalanced PvP of any major video game, in any genre).

The developers didn't fix any of the old, increasingly obsolete features of the game. And it saddens me to see what used to be valuable content thrown by the wayside in the entire focus on max-level gear grinding. The result has been a virtual world that's not very alive outside of instances, and everyone will eventually tire of the treadmill. The gimmicks and 5 levels feel like a poor substitute for the overhaul the game needs to keep pace with newer competitors.
  3. Sep 28, 2012
    Who would have thought the king of mmos would be taken down by pandas?? Blizzard has sent a clear message to their players: this is no longer a game for us, it's for the kids now. After spending some "quality" time with mists, I can tell you without a doubt that it 100% deserves all of the low scores it's been receiving here. Well $40 bucks down the drain but no worries - I'm off toWho would have thought the king of mmos would be taken down by pandas?? Blizzard has sent a clear message to their players: this is no longer a game for us, it's for the kids now. After spending some "quality" time with mists, I can tell you without a doubt that it 100% deserves all of the low scores it's been receiving here. Well $40 bucks down the drain but no worries - I'm off to play that *ahem* other much better game. Bye wow it was fun while it lasted =) Expand
  4. Sep 28, 2012
    Anyone giving this a 9 or 10 is out of their mind. Biggest gaming disappointment in recent history. I'm gonna give this what it deserves.....a big fat 0!
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    Unless you live in China, you're a massive weeaboo or your IQ is lower than the amount of money you would pay for this game, don't buy it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  6. Sep 27, 2012
    Game is just too old now. Everything is a never ending rinse and repeat. I try to come back to love it like the old days but it's too late. Maybe it's a genre burnout or the games been around longer than it should have been. Thats the problem with mmos. They are all the same and offer nothing exciting and new. Its just regurgitated garbage from a decade ago.
  7. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, what can I say besides, really Blizz? How do you give into greed after creating what was once regarded as the greatest MMO. After the dreadful Cataclysm expansion, did you really think appealing to 12 year olds was going to make salvage your rep? Terrible expansion, really pissed off I wasted $40 bucks on this crap.
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    Although it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented toAlthough it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented to make it even better. Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing untilThe economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2012
    With every update and expansion of the series known as World of Warcraft, I have came to expect bugs and issues within the first days of its debut. Its been rumored that Blizzard will stop doing expansions, and do a proper World of Warcraft II, though this has been a rumor for years, Blizzard has not commented on this. First thing to know, when you play this, its not a walk in the park forWith every update and expansion of the series known as World of Warcraft, I have came to expect bugs and issues within the first days of its debut. Its been rumored that Blizzard will stop doing expansions, and do a proper World of Warcraft II, though this has been a rumor for years, Blizzard has not commented on this. First thing to know, when you play this, its not a walk in the park for beginning Pandarean (race of Pandas in the World of Warcraft) as it was for the Worgen nor the Goblins in Cataclysm expansion. Blizzard has heard the complaints from hardcore players, and have made it enjoyable to start out to play. I can't give it a high review, as this is one of the last bastion of pay for play (subscription based) and has been known for its release bugs even for a 6 month Beta test that many seem to be readily observed months before the final product is made available. But, for its faults, and for the hardcore players, this is an expansion to purchase, and play as a Panda Monk (or even a Rogue!!) Expand
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria sucks! The Pandaren suck, the quests suck, pandaria sucks, talents suck, monks suck, pvp sucks, crz sucks, ect. ect. Fun fact: Pandas are so lame they won't even mate with each other to save their own species.
  12. Oct 1, 2012
    A lot of people are comparing the new pet battles to Pokemon.......well that is insulting to Pokemon! The pet battle system is like an ultra dumbed down version of Pokemon. Of course rest of the xpac is pretty lame, but that's obvious.
  13. Sep 29, 2012
    Blizzard really needs to re-learn how to make fun games. Nothing new, same old stuff with more ilvl, same old crafting materials, and questing is still boring.
  14. Sep 28, 2012
    Have the people leaving 9s and 10s even played this? "Beautiful scenery" and "immersive questing" or how about "fascinating storyline" WTH??? Seriously? Are we talking about the same game here?? The positive reviews have got to be from bitter fanboys or blizzard corporate shills. Seriously this game is trash through and through.
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    Really enjoying this new expansion. Have played since day one up until now. I actually think the Panderans are great, their animations are superb and I love the new Monk class. I also think the new talent system is way better as it cuts out all the lvls were you pick something pointless.
    Hoping the raid content will be good as all the other things. If you liked WoW before, chances are you will like this. Plenty of people who said they wouldn't play it are back levelling.
  16. Sep 27, 2012
    What a horrible expansion. Absolutely no innovation, just more of the same but extremely dumbed down this time around. The new talent system is a joke and insults our intelligence, and the pandas running around look really really stupid. Huge disappointment.
  17. Sep 27, 2012
    Same old boring world of warcraft now catered for even younger kids in the 10-12 year age, god what has happend to MMO's these days...Blizzard is panically milking the last money possible out of their costumer base before everyone leaves.
  18. Oct 5, 2012
    Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving.Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving. There needs to be even better ways to group with friends who are lower level to keep them interested in the game (I loved CoH/CoV adjusted level grouping). However, I think the redesign is more than slapping lipstick on a pig, they've gone through a long process and eliminated a lot of the boring utility stuff and given us a bunch of fun, cool abilities. The questing and storyline for pandaria is a bit static, however, none of your choices really matter the way SWTOR made your stories seem to matter. That being said I was enthralled to see the stories unfold, and it made me care about what was going on in the land of Pandaria more and more. The immersive effect is helped by a great musical score and superb voice acting. I was very dissappointed with the quality of the voice acting in Cataclysm, so the new stuff was very refreshing and helped draw me into the story.

So far, the new dungeons and new challenges and scenarios are fun. I like how you can still have the lower difficulty stuff for casuals but there are challenges (gold medaling dungeon runs) for more advanced people to test themselves against. I like how these challenges are getting players to be more creative in their approach.

As I say, I would give this game an 8/10 except apparently a bunch of Guildwars 2 fanboys came over to metacritic to crap all over this game for no reason. So I'll give it a 10/10 to help try and correct this bias. Really guys, its not mature to be dishonest about a game simply because you are a fan of a competitor.
  19. Oct 7, 2012
    Isn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily beenIsn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily been simplified cata was crap but at least had 10 points of talents to distribute "freely" ill bet pandaria is even more crap with cookie cutter abilities easily seen from really limited abilities. Really not worth about 60 euros to even test for month. Expensive and there are loads of better mmo games in market atm. Expand
  20. Sep 28, 2012
    I tried to like it, but in my heart I knew wow had jumped the shark when I saw the pandas doing karate. Beware. Avoid at all costs. You will regret it if you fall for this like I did.
  21. Sep 29, 2012
    Best expansion I've played since Burning Crusade. Excellent storyline and a depth and variety of activities to perform that all other MMOs seem to still lack.
  22. Oct 4, 2012
    I remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, aI remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, a completely cut off land from the conflict that has ravaged the rest of Azeroth. Reminds me a lot of the relationship between D&D Forgotten Realms and Al-Qadim (they were both part of the same campaign setting, though treated as two different entities in printed adventures while the most interesting adventures to me was when we brought in assassins from Al-Qadim into Forgotten Realms or plundering Drows into the deserts of Al-Qadim). That type of clash really adds a lot for me to the scope of the world in the game.

The game itself is both familiar and new, fun and satisfying. I dig the new monk class and the new Pandarian race. The new skill system, though it irked me at first, I actually prefer now after a few days. I picked up Guild Wars 2 thinking it would easily be my favorite mmo experience this year. I was pleasantly surprised in picking up MoP because it totally made up for Guild Wars 2.
  23. Sep 29, 2012
    There are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent areThere are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent are everything that the game needed to feel refreshing, while also boosting it's normal "World of Warcraft" style that people either love or hate. While most reviews herein contain reasons such as "network" or "Pandas" followed by obscene ignorance, MoP is everything that any past expansion has given and perhaps more. Gamers today as a whole have lost the ability of distinction, and it is human nature to hate on something that is popular if you are not a part of that group. This is exasperatingly evident with MoP, which brings forth new content, brilliant visuals (ala WoW style), hilarious and entertaining quests and an promise of so much more. The new systems alone provide for bonus addons that give players new things to do while preparing for raids and to do battle; the cross realm system, while very irritating to non-PvP realm characters, is a great idea that was poorly implemented. Getting gold ratings on challenge modes are incredibly hard even for hardcore raiders, and scenarios bring an additional outlet for people to spend time earning justice and new items without needed a tank or healer. In addition, the reformat of normal dungeons to the era of Wrath, while maintaining the difficulty of challenge modes, is a tremendous improvement over the last expansion where dungeons weren't all that popular until the second patch.

Blizzard has promise bi or tri monthly patches containing alternating portions of contents such as raids, dungeons, dailies and story that will further advance the storyline of Mists of Pandaria. As such, huge battles are expected, and there is already more blood in the water than in any expansion thus far. PvP is rampant on PvP realms, and so are a huge amount of issues that should have been handled during beta (such as crz and it's general useless nature other than providing extra players to steal your kills or quest mobs).

Pet battles are strangely addicting, and farming is less than optimal in being entertaining. Still, the game boosts tremendous improvements over the past, learning from mistakes and rewarding multiple different types of crowds. As most raids haven't been released (scheduled for a week or two), the only experiences I could speak of such is from the Beta, of which I found to be very enjoyable and just challenging enough.

Questing is entertaining from the start, minus the somewhat poor cut-scenes made to introduce them. Multiple different objectives, story-lines and "just for fun" tasks bring forth refreshing leveling when focused on at a moderate pace. Pandas, while controversial, bring about a certain feeling of "zen" in their own land, but ultimately cause one to quirk their eyebrows when seeing them in regular towns. Luckily, if Worgen are any indication, they will be a rare race of bestials despite having an "awesome" flare to a certain crowd. To put it bluntly, if one is on the fence about this expansion and you've enjoyed WoW in the past, it is definitely worth the purchase price and a few months of entertainment. Many are getting tired of the whole raiding scene and just getting new gear just to get new gear. Though the amount of content and things to so and do within WoW will give months to do while waiting on other games or just needing to fill time in general out of boredom.
  24. Sep 29, 2012
    Worst score for the worst expansion of a great old game. Pandas killed wow. If Blizzard wants more oriental players on this game than they will lost many more european and american one. Good luck for this crazy choice. Bye bye wow!
  25. Sep 30, 2012
    If you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not. You will forever taint your good memories of WoW. It's sickening what this game has become. Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely, just like Tabula Rasa or AC2. If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you shouldIf you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not. You will forever taint your good memories of WoW. It's sickening what this game has become. Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely, just like Tabula Rasa or AC2. If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you should probably tell them that they are too old for this game and they should play something more mature like Free Realms or Wizardry 101. Expand
  26. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not.First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not. However, those that enjoy the game? I do honestly hope you have a great time. The expansion to me feels tired, flat and the blatant rehash of game mechanics into simpler versions does little to help the enjoyment factor. While this next point is entirely down to social perspective, playing WoW now feels embarrassing due to the multitude of fuzzy pandas played by 10 year olds running around karate kicking things. As an adult, I can't take the game seriously anymore. I just can't. The pollution of the community is also offputting. Give children anonymitity and a feeling of invincibility behind a computer screen and, well, comment sections on Youtube are all the evidence needed.

Blizzard have taken the commercial route for more money over game quality and please, trying to deny this is like trying to say fish don't swim. In the interest of being fair, the Monk class is fun. On the whole however, MoP won't win back any loyal fans and certainly doesn't put Blizzard in a great light. I'd like to say at this point, I really don't like Guild Wars 2 either. The bottom line? WoW is dying a very slow death and the injection of botox that is MoP doesn't do anything to make its ultimate demise any more graceful. Just the same old tired formula. This kind of arrogance and disregard for quality simply shouldn't be encouraged.
  27. Sep 28, 2012
    Same old boring world of warcraft now catered for even younger kids in the 10-12 year age, god what has happend to MMO these days...Blizzard is panically milking the last money possible out of their costumer base before everyone leaves.
  28. Sep 28, 2012
    From CRZ to Fixed Mana, to the "Talent" system. Game is a joke. And let's not talk about panda's. If you have a brain in your head stay far away from this horrible game.
  29. Oct 1, 2012
    Pandas? Just not fun. There are better games out there. Just an excuse to extend WOW subscriptions. Over simplified skill trees, and overly simplified game.
  30. Sep 27, 2012
    Please do not listen to the fanboys on here. This expansion is awful. The same people that are giving 10s are the same people that will be whining about how much they hate it an a few weeks. Same thing happened with Cataclysm (which I didn't think was all that bad), except Pandaria is waaaayyyy worse. What a trainwreck! Blizzard what were you thinking?
  31. Oct 1, 2012
    Everything about this expansion is sub-par. Can't believe they put this much effort into making WoW worse. It's obvious their target demographic is now children and those who aren't used to playing games of any kind. Thankfully there are much better mmos out there for the adult gamer. The Pandas look EXTREMELY stupid and out of place.
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    It's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords youIt's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords you the ability to change your skills on the fly because the reagent needed to do so is inexpensive to the point of being insignificant. This actually opens the game up, rather than restricting it like people who aren't playing write in the negative reviews. You get to choose 6 abilities at a time from a pool of 18 that you can change whenever you want to without needing to visit a trainer. That's variety and accessibility on a scale never before seen in WoW. The new dungeons are enjoyable yet challenging while they're new. They aren't hard like dungeons were at the start of Cataclysm, but they aren't trivial like they were at the end (though honestly they will be by the end of this xpac, such is life in WoW). The new things to do like pet battles get you out into the world and dungeon challenge modes offer competitive PvE for players in addition to raiding. PvP is still there in several different varieties (although, I took a point off for Blizzard putting the gear vendors where they did, making them killable and saying they thought that was a good idea. It wasn't a good idea Blizzard, not at all). All in all there is more to do in MoP than there ever has been in all of WoW's history and the things that have kept the game going all this time like spot on controls, modability, accessibility and stability are all still there. Expand
  33. Sep 30, 2012
    Shall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallengingShall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallenging anyways. Everyone saying that probably hasn't even done a new raid yet. The game was fun, and certainly worth the $40 or $60. Ignore the idiots that rated the game 0! Expand
  34. Oct 1, 2012
    Pet duels? Pandas? What the heck is this crap. After the fiasco that is DIablo 3, this game seals it for Blizzard's demise. The collector's edition is ok, but the included digital addons for their other games are just a major disappointment.
  35. Oct 1, 2012
    Once again Blizzard goes backwards. World of Warcraft mist of Pandaria has been dumbed down so much it feels more like Kitty online then actually world of warcraft. If you are between 2 and 6 years old this game is for you
  36. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made HeroicOnce you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Expand
  37. Oct 2, 2012
    I have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung FuI have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung Fu panda came out, and I wound up liking the stupid movie. I went ahead and gave MoP a chance, and found myself having more fun with WoW than I had in a long while.

The new talent system is weird, and certainly boring for someone just starting to level, but I get what they were trying to do.

The graphics options are much improved. The new areas are interesting. We get a new race and new class.

I think people need to realize that there's only so much you can do with a game this old. And I don't mean the graphics. After playing the same MMO for 6 years, how can you not be tired of it? How can you not be tired of the genre itself? Maybe its time to move on. I get some players are angry that the game is easier or more casual, and that they feel betrayed, but I for one am happy the game is less of a grind. I just want to have fun. I don't want to sacrifice large chunks of my life to any single game. And to all the hate on the FMV, well, I want this one was the best they've done yet. I've never thought they were amazing or worth watching twice, but this one was technically very impressive and amusing. I've seen people comment that they were offended that this strange new race would be attacked without cause. Well lighten up, it was amusing, and it makes a pretty accurate statement on human (or orc) nature.

So no, its not perfect, or revolutionary, and I ought to vote it higher to compensate for extremists ( a zero? Really? Did you buy one of the display boxes by mistake?) but I think its a solid 8, and a pleasant surprise.
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    Activision was the death of blizzard as we once knew them. Everything they release is an obvious attempt at getting as much money from the consumer as possible. This isn't as bad as diablo 3, but it's a very close second. Nothing innovative with this expansion. Hit the level cap in a day or two, and back to the same old stuff. Sorry but this wasn't fun during WOTLK and it isn't now.
  39. Sep 27, 2012
    Blizzard failed to deliver anything close to what i expected from a company that gets over 1 000 000$ a month. They cant do anything right these days. This was my last Blizzard game ever, im tierd of their ****
  40. gmx
    Sep 27, 2012
    From bad to worse. Blizzard has hit a new low. Anyone giving this a 10 must be a blizzard employee or completely delusional. After seeing what people in-game are saying, there's no way there are this many people who actually think this garbage deserves a "10". Whatever, I'm done with WoW for good. Enjoy your pandas and 8 year olds.
  41. Sep 27, 2012
    Unfortunately we've just been given a rather lucrative content patch. That said I'm going to give reasons why I'm rating this as negative as I am, WoW as a whole can be rated against a different scale, where-as I'm going to rate Pandaria's features, nothing more. First up is WoW's 'Pokemon' feature. Let me just say what a mess this has been so far. Absolutely rife with bugs currently. ItUnfortunately we've just been given a rather lucrative content patch. That said I'm going to give reasons why I'm rating this as negative as I am, WoW as a whole can be rated against a different scale, where-as I'm going to rate Pandaria's features, nothing more. First up is WoW's 'Pokemon' feature. Let me just say what a mess this has been so far. Absolutely rife with bugs currently. It also seems that STORE BOUGHT pets are inherently more powerful than in-game pets. Painting a rather disturbing picture if you know anything about how 'Pay-to-Win' works. Most pets don't have much to differentiate them other than names, as a lot of pets of the same type share models, save your store bought ones. The mere fact that this creates an entirely other aspect for WoW developers to focus on and balance, rather than the things that matter the most in the game is also perturbing, as we've yet to see what aspects of gameplay will suffer for it. Farmville.. I mean, need I say more. The idea of growing your own cooking mats is nice and all, but most people who haven't used the feature to it's fullest will quickly realize you can only grow a certain and select kind of mats, as well as a limited amount. There are no customization features, really, it's just a plot of land, instanced of course, with a few vegetables scattered around on the ground. In all reality it doesn't come close to it's unofficial name-sake, as I would say the that REAL Farmville offers more enjoyment than this mediocre side-show.

Pandaria. Well. It's Pandaria yes, cool story right? Wrong. The entire area has been cut off from flying mounts. This is of course a mixed blessing in some regards, but a great deal of it is a pain in the ass. Yes, I know, but 'flying mounts ruined the game'. In this case, the lack-there-of is a severe setback as we're literally stuck looking at this supposedly incredible area from one point of view. Flying mounts did a great deal to break up the monotony of linear questing, allowing users to enact some degree of flexibility as to where they quested, and overall just traverse the area better. Forcing players onto a set, linear path, with nothing to break up the grind monotony is just rude and plain boring.

Cross-Realm-Zones, easily the biggest fiasco this game has had in a long time. Rather than spell out it's issues here (there's a lot, I assure you), I'd redirect the user to these threads:

Graphics - They're unfortunately still the same, and now considered rather low-end. With original vanilla models looking like they just got ported in from N64's Banjo & Kazooie. With a Blizzard promise to update character models just recently being trashed in a developer interview, it looks like these abysmal models are here to stay.

Models - Unfortunately enough most of the 'new' models in the game are actually just reskins. If you were to pull up any 'new' mount for example, you could literally find a model dating back to Cataclysm or Wrath, even TBC (i.e. Pandaren Phoenix) that shares a model and animations with it. The lack of new and unique creativity once again in a WoW expansion has put a severe damper on this.

The new talent system is also a giant farce. It's literally dumbed down to the point at which an infant could pick the right talents for the right spec. And even then you'll be hard pressed to find any way you could possibly go outside of Blizzard's stringent policy of holding your hand throughout the game. The whole idea of not having to pick mandatory talents and discouraging min/maxing is still a crock, as not all talents are the same, leading to obvious choices being more.. obvious. Other than that Blizzard really fails to bring anything notable to the expansion. Most of which is unfortunately looking like a play to just recover subscribers from Cataclysm's meltdown. It is unfortunate to see another expansion off to such an awful start, but none-the-less if Blizzard can get it's head out of it's ass and start appealing to gamers, and not children, it may be worth coming back here at the end of the expansion and re-critiquing it.
  42. Oct 1, 2012
    horrible just horrible

say bye bye to wow u knew once

this is the worst expansion blizzard has ever done to date

i wont bother explaining whats wrong and whats good.
  43. Oct 3, 2012
    THE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode givesTHE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode gives PvE players a more direct competition with other people. Voice overs are definitely a big improvement over Cataclysm. Monk class is very interesting and fun. Pandaren animations are great. Involving storylines that make you feel like a special snowflake. --------- THE BAD: Overhauled talent system makes leveling feel a bit hollow. A few buggy issues with phasing. ---------- THE UGLY: People will find any reason to hate WoW at this point. Internet chest thumpers are predisposed to hating this game simply because of the Pandaren race. Pet monster mini-game will get a lot of comparisons with Pokemon, although no one has yet criticized Polymock in GW2. (isn't selective journalism great? lol) --------- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: WoW's age is definitely showing, but the efforts put into developing Mists of Pandaria truly shows and gives long-time Blizzard fans a reason to pick up the game again. It's sad that people are judging the game so harshly without even trying it and realizing how much fun it is. FINAL VERDICT COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Expand
  44. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, so many haters. If you like "violence" and "manliness" so much, go play CoD. If you don't like how the launch was going, then you didn't see any other MMO launches.
    The design of MoP is great, I'd say it's the best looking wow addon so far. The talent system is not that easy as it looks like (maybe for casuals it is, but hardcore players will see it's potential). Quests is good. Not great, but good enough. Scenarios/heroic dungeons/challenges is a step in a right direction.
    The only thing that I think could be better is LESS DAILIES. WE DO NOT LIKE THEM. But whatever, they're there for keep us playing even if we can't find what to do AND they also give great opportunities for world-pvp
  45. Sep 30, 2012
    I find it absolutely hilarious that wow fans always claim that this game is built for "hardcore gamers", yet for the past 3 years, Blizzard has been dumbing EVERYTHING down to the point where a 12 year old can keep up. It seems people don't understand the difference between being a TIME CONSUMING game and an interesting learning curve, this game is the former, not in leveling, leveling isI find it absolutely hilarious that wow fans always claim that this game is built for "hardcore gamers", yet for the past 3 years, Blizzard has been dumbing EVERYTHING down to the point where a 12 year old can keep up. It seems people don't understand the difference between being a TIME CONSUMING game and an interesting learning curve, this game is the former, not in leveling, leveling is very easy, but in farming gear.

What's also funny is that they can't seem to deal with any criticism, claiming that anyone who gives this game a negative score is a GW2 fan.
  46. Oct 1, 2012
    Blizzard must have lost all of its competent employees, because the games they are putting out now are awful. Diablo was a thinly veiled excuse to funnel real money out of the auction house. This expansion for Wow is just a further dumbing down of the franchise to maximize cash whilst minimizing actual substance. This poor MMO needs to be euthanized and Blizzard's IPs need to be rescuedBlizzard must have lost all of its competent employees, because the games they are putting out now are awful. Diablo was a thinly veiled excuse to funnel real money out of the auction house. This expansion for Wow is just a further dumbing down of the franchise to maximize cash whilst minimizing actual substance. This poor MMO needs to be euthanized and Blizzard's IPs need to be rescued before they are all destroyed. Expand
  47. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well i see lots of discontent here. Before you are so harsh to judge the game, picture this. Here you are raiding Dragon Soul on heroic difficulty over and over again. You have nothing else to do right? Okay. Lets go farm stuff, make money, get mounts and complete a mother-load of achievements. Suddenly... oh wow what is this!? A new expansion!? Finally! So you go and read up on it little by little as it reaches launch time. Good, now you are in game. Pandas, pandas everywhere, awesome detail new quest-lines, awesome new factions/races, new items, new mounts, new tittles, new achievements, scenarios, challenge modes and a plethora of new content. So here i ask you. Are you judging the new expansion because you never really progressed into raiding and completion during your previous plays? Are you not content with the fact that the game still has low rez graphics to compensate for it's size? (WoW has over 6 million players, with server capacities on the edge of 1000 or more). Are you just a fan boy of previous releases? Or, you just cant accept how awesome this expansion really is because you never cared to research/progress further into the game? Whatever your reason may be, this game deserves much credit. People that complain about the Panda race/faction clearly never understood or read the lore. Pandas were a part of wow long since its begging, just mentioned in short sections. And of course i cant stress this enough again and again, there is the Graphics Enthusiast. I personally demand high graphics from my games, in fact i sometimes judge the games on it's graphics (bad habit), but when it comes to WoW you have to understand that it was never about the graphics, it was about the game play. And last but not least, i am baffled by people who judge this game based on how hard or easier it gets. Raid finder= Great for experiences players who are eager to learn the ropes of raiding.
    Scenarios= Awesome idea towards achievements and "something to do"
    Challenge mode= Perfect way to test your strength and skills as a hardcore gamer, with a rewarding ending only for those who can prove themselves.
    Of course the dungeons and new raids are amazing, explosive content everywhere. So much more lore, so much more unique environments, great unique bosses and worth-wile rewards.
    Now here's another thing. Wonder why WoW MoP is still (TBD) here? Its because a Metacritic less than 90 you hurt its sales. Blizzard knows best, and quite frankly they will destroy those numbers. People have to realize that criticism here is hurting the gaming industry in terms of artistic meaning and individuality. If a game scores low it has a lesser chance to be sequel-ed. And that is completely ignorant.
  48. Sep 29, 2012
    super mario mmorpg. everything is so colourful, cheery and merry that i almost feel as if the game is about to send me on a quest to save a princess that was abducted by a nasty giant turtle with spikes on its shell. everything is ageing extremely bad: from the ancient quest system design to the old (but surprisingly resource taxing) graphics. i've spent countless days of my life playingsuper mario mmorpg. everything is so colourful, cheery and merry that i almost feel as if the game is about to send me on a quest to save a princess that was abducted by a nasty giant turtle with spikes on its shell. everything is ageing extremely bad: from the ancient quest system design to the old (but surprisingly resource taxing) graphics. i've spent countless days of my life playing this game, but i guess this expansion sealed the coffin. Expand
  49. Sep 28, 2012
    Holy Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new sideHoly Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new side to the war) also hurts the games premiss. Expand
  50. Sep 29, 2012
    This expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamerThis expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer various options to keep both happy. You can still do progression raiding and challenge modes as a hardcore or you have the LFR and scenarios if you simply do not have hours on end to apply to your time logged in. Warcraft will always be a polarizing game simply because each individual player believes that their ideas and preferences simply must be the best and most outstanding take on the situation. Blizzard does a fantastic job as an MMO giant providing content that keeps you playing and pleases as large a crowd as possible. If you don't like the game anymore, stop playing. If you like the predictable but steady expansions they provide with a few dashes of new game play styles, then enjoy. You are the consumer. Don't keep paying for something you don't enjoy. I, however, find that Blizzard does the best they can with each release and appreciate the fleshed out world they provide for me to dive in to after a hard day of work. Expand
  51. Oct 1, 2012
    Tons and tons of Asian atmosphere in this new expansion. The new continent of Pandaria is the most beautiful place made in the world of Azeroth and I applaud the designers who can squeeze so much artistry out of an 8+ year old game engine.
    The game has been made more accessible for new players while giving the hard core players more challenges with the introduction of challenge modes. This expansion gives all gamer types something to do: casual gamers can have fun with pet battles and scenarios which don't take up much time while the hardcore crowd can build up their character by doing hundreds of daily quests, instances, challenge modes to get ready to raid.
    The new race is endearing with their Asian flair and cute looks and the new class is a welcome addition to the other 10. The quests are top notch and made me laugh on more than one occasion. The typical blizzard humor can also be found in the Instances. If a dungeon where you can battle drunken monkey creatures and beer spirits doesn't make you chuckle then life must be a very sour experience for you indeed. Never since the BC and WotLK days have enjoyed WoW this much. A very nice recovery from a mediocre Catacllysm.
    To all the jaded haters I say: If you're fed up with wow go play something else. I expect you'll soon find something new you can spew your bile on.
  52. Sep 29, 2012
    Honestly, it is just pure stealing now. They have created something that feels tacky and dull. Honestly, do yourself a favor and buy yourself GW2. In GW2, you don't pay out the nose for an enjoyable experience and the plays so much better.
  53. Sep 28, 2012
    masterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore themasterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore the whole continent but then i will have a farm to take care and my ever growing pokemon collection

and the rest pve and pvp great as always but i dont really care much about this because any mmo can put some kind of dungeon/raid/battleground, blizzard just makes them beautiful and detailed
  54. Oct 4, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is a very nice looking expansion. After getting my hands on a beta copy though, I discovered that I ran out of original play content within three weeks of very casual play. There is a lot of padding to the game, but if you are interested in seeing new things, and not just the same things at higher difficulty, repeated daily, or with a stop watch, then this expansionMists of Pandaria is a very nice looking expansion. After getting my hands on a beta copy though, I discovered that I ran out of original play content within three weeks of very casual play. There is a lot of padding to the game, but if you are interested in seeing new things, and not just the same things at higher difficulty, repeated daily, or with a stop watch, then this expansion offers under a month of new content. For a game with a price tag of approximately 65$ for a month of play time and the expansion I expected much more.
    Ignoring the excessive play time padding measures that launched with the game a potential buyer should also consider changes in customization options. Talent trees are gone replaced with a small amount of mostly cosmetic ability decisions, I recommend looking at their online talent calculator to see if it provides you with what you are looking for in customization. Gear selection has taken another hit as well. After the decrease in options introduced back when players were given a strong incentive to avoid the gear types of other classes took a major cut in to gearing options, Blizzard has decided to push even harder in to that ideology. Now, gear choices are made for you throughout leveling, often giving you one reward option, that can be changed if you change specs before turning it in. Afterward leveling, there is one correct loot choice for each slot for each class that can be easily determined by checking item level armor type and main stat. It looks like Blizzard took the old joke of having one stat "power" and ran with it, making that only the second joke to become a major offering of this new installment.
  55. Oct 15, 2012
    It's been about 4 years since I was excited to get home to play World of Warcraft. Hasn't been this enjoyable since The Burning Crusade. Pretty much says it all.
  56. Sep 29, 2012
    Mostly Quest based expansion. Warning to those that don't enjoy questing do not buy this!! In order to do this new content you are forced to quest no matter if you enjoy them or not. Even if you just want to pvp you will not escape having to quest. Also if you don't have 40+ hours a week to dedicate to wow then you will remain casual and never see the high end raids. Not to mention theMostly Quest based expansion. Warning to those that don't enjoy questing do not buy this!! In order to do this new content you are forced to quest no matter if you enjoy them or not. Even if you just want to pvp you will not escape having to quest. Also if you don't have 40+ hours a week to dedicate to wow then you will remain casual and never see the high end raids. Not to mention the endless rep grinding to get any kind of raid gear wich also requires mass questing. If you enjoy Pokemon or farmville or mass questing then this xpack is for you. Otherwise stay clear of mists Expand
  57. Oct 8, 2012
    This is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of theseThis is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of these chavs giving the game a review of 0 because they are immature and have no love for rpg's then you will love this new expansion... 10/10 and the gfx are much nicer now with more polys. Expand
  58. Nov 4, 2012
    I was hoping that the addition of a new race and class would overcome the boredom of doing endless pointless quests like 'retrieve 5 bits of magic wood', but unfortunately it's still as boring as ever. I was a fan of WOW to begin with, and I got sick of it after playing it for 6 months to a year. The graphics in MoP are quite pretty, the addition of the Asian elements and the atmosphere isI was hoping that the addition of a new race and class would overcome the boredom of doing endless pointless quests like 'retrieve 5 bits of magic wood', but unfortunately it's still as boring as ever. I was a fan of WOW to begin with, and I got sick of it after playing it for 6 months to a year. The graphics in MoP are quite pretty, the addition of the Asian elements and the atmosphere is what the rating of 5 is for, but it does not improve the game. Expand
  59. Apr 3, 2013
    Crappy expansion, same old game with more pandas! Only fans and people with mental issues would enjoy this game. NOT RECOMMENDED! Graphics have been the same since the first release, it's time for a better graphics.
  60. Feb 15, 2013
    It's definitely better than the ill-advised Cataclysm expansion, but the damage is done and the game is now too old for redemption; it has Blizzard's seal of quality all over it, it's top-notch until you realize you don't know why you're still playing this dated game at all. There's better stuff out there, just let go already.
  61. Jun 15, 2013
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.
    AND even now it still costs 20 to migrate 1 character I have 10 character so it would cost me 200 to migrate them all to other server. And reason why this is a problem for me is that my server died around Cataclysm times .
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.

If im lucky there will be 2-3 alliance in Tol'Barad battle At best gametime there might be 35-45 90 lvl.s online. And yet we get no free migrate out of the server .

Blizzard doesent give a about they'r fans Migrate costing 20 just proves it.
  62. Apr 18, 2014
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples.
    Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples.
    Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples. Level 80: Oh you get there from level 1 since a friend "resurrect scroll"ed you. Collect 6 apples though. Level 90: Raid same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Collect 4 apples. This game is crap. The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples.
    Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples.
    Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples.
    This game is crap.
    The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1 realm with drastically more people, and they always destroy. Literally ANY game with a 3 realm system is better by far.

Don't waste your time or money.
  63. Mar 7, 2013
    Questing: generally good, great quests, great history.

Dungeons and Raid: -Heroics: not hard mechanics. -Challenge modes: they should be the heroic mode of the dungeons. -Raid: you can see all the raiding content via LFR, this is a great tool if you don't have the time to be in a dedicated raiding guild. PVP: I don't like the pvp style of WoW at all so nothing to say here. If
    Questing: generally good, great quests, great history.

Dungeons and Raid: -Heroics: not hard mechanics.
    -Challenge modes: they should be the heroic mode of the dungeons.

PVP: I don't like the pvp style of WoW at all so nothing to say here.

If you leave this game after Cata, you shouldn't come back yet this isn't the expansion you are looking for.
  64. Sep 26, 2013
    MoP is pretty much the most packed WoW expansion to date with something for everyone, and a statement that WoW is still the MMO king.

Sad to see the low user score it's gotten due to trolls and just general idiots who doesn't have the mental strengh to see past the fact that the game is good despite the inclusion of pandas.
  65. Aug 13, 2013
    Solid game if your enjoy raiding and story. The only sore spot was the constant barrage of dailies at the launch. But most of those have been addressed and fixed.
  66. Sep 22, 2013
    Don't listen to all the whiny anti-WoW fanboys, enough is enough. If you hate WoW, don't go around telling people lies about how it's a grind fest and not fun, because both are 100% false.

WoW is by far the most polished and enjoyable MMO I've ever played, for 8 long years now, and while I've tried every other WoW "killer" out there, none come close, none have "killed" WoW, in fact it's still the #1 MMO in the world by far, 8 years in a row. Why? Because it's the best damn MMO ever made and the rest of the industry doesn't have a clue. WoW has a bit of everything for everyone, and even more surprising, an incredibly rich story that drives its ever growing world. Two things more that WoW does right that others fail: PvP and end-game raiding.

There is nothing quite as balanced or challenging as WoW when it comes to PvP and end-game, and the WoW haters know it, so they QQ 24/7 on places like this instead of playing their precious WoW "killer" game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a raid to go to. FOR THE ALLIANCE!
  67. Oct 25, 2013
    While nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gearWhile nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gear handouts and not enough challenging exclusive content. Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2013
    Lol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvpLol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvp player and oldschool raider and nothing is changing in me as a player each time i play it i just want to play more i have 4 lvl 90's and i think that shows the time and dedication i put into this game the only game i play right now.
    They have enhanced on the graphics remade some of the raids recreated the character models Pandas look great the new monk class is brilliant the new raids battlegrounds are great the new secrets monuts and rewards are awsome.
    Blizzard please keep doing what your doing as this game has made me and my friends happy for years and every year you just make it better Please capture this again and again and again your so good at making great games for me this was one of the easiest 10 out of 10's my fav game ever and my fav expansion!
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    graphics 6/10 visually it was stunning but this is 2013, you should be updating the way the game looks and plays at least a little bit 10 years after launch

story 10/10 I thought I wouldn't enjoy pandas, but the story line was actually enjoyable. pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a

pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a bit overpowered at first, but I assume they were making up for the season before that in which warriors were the "lame ducks" of pvp.

raiding 5/10 I do not like the "find a group" raiding system. It takes all the fun out of raiding.
  70. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Gear has been updated, new mounts look good, more lighting, the game constantly upgrades even though this expansion hasn’t seen the most. WoW still has amazing graphics for its artistic style. New environments look good as well. 10.
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they don’t feel like a chore. Not many new gameplay elements were added in this title, and raiding seems more casual than before, as well as the heroics when you first hit 90. The game remains similar to previous expansions with this one having more of a focus on gaining rep just to buy gear. New battlegrounds are a nice mix taking a page from Rift’s library, and a cart mode that I like to compare with Team Fortress, although the carts always move and it’s more like a king of the hill/carts. New hero class added, look out for panda monks! 10.
    Story: The focus of this expansion dives real deep in this expansion, too much to explain, I wasn’t to particularly interested, but lore fans won’t be disappointed. 10.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth the hours you get! 10.
    Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  71. Nov 18, 2013
    I've played World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Albeit, I did stop playing TBC the start of Cata, but that doesn't stop me being able to give my impressions on the current expansion, before the new one comes out and changes everything.

Now I know many onlookers to WoW are like: "Wow, look at the pandas. What this, Kung Fu Panda?". I know we're kinda past that now, but it still comes up in a few places, here and there. Out in real life. "Oh, you play WoW? Didn't they add Kung Fu Pandas?". You look at the ground, frowning. Pandaren, as they're referred to in-game, weren't the massive flop many expected them to be. A lot of people rolled a Pandaren, and you see quite a few flying around their respective capital city. The new continent, Pandaria, looking graphically striking compared to past zones, with its giant world bosses and impressive rolling hills and ancient structures. The land itself is beautiful, and a joy to explore.

We'll start off talking about Pandaria then. As I said, Blizzard opted to update the graphics significantly in Pandaria, making the land one pretty place. Pink-blossomed trees blowing in the wind, the light breeze of background music it all creates a very nice atmosphere of an ancient time-lost land that you're exploring. The decision to not let you fly in Pandaria until max level (90), was a great choice. It means that you get to actually experience the environment instead of flying high above, not caring in the slightest what's down below. It also gives way for World PVP to occur the enemy faction attacking you, or you attacking them. Only if you're on a PVP server, of course. And its likely that the enemies you find from the opposite faction are actually your level, making it a fair fight. You do get the occasional maxed out ganker, but those moments are few and far between. The new continent itself is a joy to explore and level in.

But what happens when you 'ding' 90? Yes, you've done it! Max level! The game really opens up. You can now do raids get together a group of 10-25 people and take on some of the hardest bosses. Or do LFR, and get grouped with other similar players to take on a 25-man raid. In terms of raiding, MoP shines. The raids are varied and very interesting, and the bosses are epic in scale. However, I do feel that LFR is too easy in most circumstances if you have a non-braindead group you can easily faceroll through all the bosses no problem. This is LFR though, so that's to be expected. The real challenge comes in Normal or Heroic versions of the raids, pumping up the difficulty substantially. Also, there's one more option Flexible raiding. This allows a group of anywhere in between 10 and 25 people to do a raid and the difficulty scales with the amount of people, as well as the loot. Flex is harder than LFR, and provides just the right amount of challenge for many players. In terms of raiding and endgame, MoP gets a big fat golden tick.

But what of the new class, the monk? I've played the monk for a bit, to around level 25, and it seems very fun. Talking to a 90 monk, they seem to really like this class, for all it's worth. Monks can choose all 3 positions Tank, DPS, or Healer with their 3 specs. At lower levels, monks do seem to be very OP, especially in BGs and Dungeons, but this levels out in the higher levels. Overall, the monk class is a worthy addition to the current classes, and you have to admit punching people in the face is bloody cool.

There's so much more I could say about this expansion, but... wait a second. There's one thing I've got to talk about. Pet Battles. Just seriously, hear me out. Pet battles are like Pokémon, but in WoW. When you're not raiding, or doing anything else, you can summon out your pets and battle other players in a Poké-like experience. You can even catch Rare and Epic rated pets. Seriously, it's really addictive and a lot of fun a worthy addition to this expansion.

As this review and expansion draws to a close, it's a perfect time to say that I've really enjoyed this expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is just around the corner, and that looks to be some of the best WoW times yet. I look forward to the future of this game and have truly enjoyed my time in this expansion.

8/10. If haven't before, pick up WoW and give it a go. I'm not kidding.
  72. Dec 18, 2013
    I don't understand why people are so hating this expansion. In my opinion its great. Maybe not that good as Wrath of the Lich King, or The Burning Crusade, but still. There are a lot of new content with every patch. Yea game became easy, but... who cares
  73. Feb 21, 2014
    At first I was put off by the entire idea of a Panda expansion for my World of Warcraft game. It felt too kiddish. However, after playing through the new areas of content I was blown away by the rich storytelling. This expansion was an improvement in quest design, class balance, and end-game content than what we saw in Cataclysm. Still ranking slightly behind Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK though.
  74. Sep 29, 2012
    This game has gone a long way in terms of instances, loot, hp, etc. But what still irks me every time I play this game is the fact 9/10 people who play wow are trollers and griefers.
  75. Sep 29, 2012
    Let's take a $200 used car and put a $700 body kit on it so it grab everyone's attention. It's still a $200 used car. This analogy can be used for Mists of Pandaria. Let's take a used game, add something new to it in order to grab attention and sell it. It carries the bad design of Cata on it's shoulders. This gets a 1 simply because it might be good for you if: A) You are new to wowLet's take a $200 used car and put a $700 body kit on it so it grab everyone's attention. It's still a $200 used car. This analogy can be used for Mists of Pandaria. Let's take a used game, add something new to it in order to grab attention and sell it. It carries the bad design of Cata on it's shoulders. This gets a 1 simply because it might be good for you if: A) You are new to wow therefor less likely to be biased B) Enjoy games that will hold your hand for you C) Are a parent looking for an at home babysitter that costs $15/month Expand
  76. Sep 29, 2012
    This review is by my spouse and is intended for parents only.

Dear Responsible Parents, As a WOW player and a mother, I use to love playing World of Warcraft with my children. World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria brought a (feature) known as (CRZ) or cross realm zones. Our family had separate accounts for each family member. The children accounts were monitor to insure they were on a
    This review is by my spouse and is intended for parents only.

Dear Responsible Parents,

As a WOW player and a mother, I use to love playing World of Warcraft with my children. World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria brought a (feature) known as (CRZ) or cross realm zones. Our family had separate accounts for each family member. The children accounts were monitor to insure they were on a parental approved server. Our family oriented community (server) was ruined because of a (feature) known as CRZ.

How was this ruined you asked? Our servers did a great job policing them and make things safe for the children. Now we are merged with M-rated servers. General Chat, Trade Chat, ETC is now filled with:

"Hey man let's kill some F___ts"
    "Dude I just sucked a pregnant woman's ____"

All communicated in vivid detail. I may be 100% pro-human rights, but I also want to keep my children shielded away from the R-rated parts of what people do in the bathroom stalls of a gay-bar. While I understand what Proudmoore represents (I am happy they found a safe-haven) I did not want my children exposed to the above straight, gay or otherwise. We avoided creating create characters on Proudmoore, Blackrock, ETC for a reason.

To make things worse, currently you have no way to report players of another server for language, harassment, or discrimination. The in-game feature is bugged and does not work. If you manually create a ticket, you get an automated response of "Dear ____ please use our in-game report feature for assistance on this topic." If you write a ticket on the forum you get "This is better suited for using the in-game report feature." I am not sure why Blizzard Blue Posts have failed to notify the Customer Service Department on a now ongoing 4 week old bug.

Because of the lack of policing, World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria is now promotes hatred, bigotry and discrimination. I implore all concerned parents to avoid purchase World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria for their children. This has changed an otherwise family friendly game (given the right server) into a family avoid game.

Good parents say no to World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria because of the negative implication associated with CRZ.

A Concerned Parent
  77. Sep 30, 2012
    What I am about to write is not a review of the game. Rather, it is a statement of the trends that I have noticed between gamers and their opinions of WoW. Take a minute, and look objectively at this game, and you'll see why all of your criticisms are not valid.

"It's too easy/casual." Blizzard heard this at the beginning of Cataclysm, and tried to make the game a little harder. The result? Look at this page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469. Yes, at one time, people thought heroic dungeons in this game were TOO HARD, just because they had to use a little strategy and think before mashing buttons. So they water it down, and now people claim it's too easy. What the hell do you guys want? Furthermore, if a lack of difficulty is your primary concern, why did you even play WoW to begin with? There are many more games out there that offer more challenge than WoW ever did. Try learning to play Starcraft at a high level. Or...if you want an extreme, serious challenge, look beyond games. Try mastering guitar. Go study quantum physics. Try curing cancer. Any one of those would be infinitely more challenging than anything WoW will ever throw at you.

"Too much grinding/repetition." Hah. Haha. HAHAHAHAAHA. Vanilla WoW did not have so much grinding? Do you even remember farming for the epic paladin mount or warlock mount? Do you remember when grinding mobs was actually comparable to leveling by questing? Do you remember when it took 7-9 days /played to get from level 1 to level 60, and that was considered fairly fast? Do you remember trying to level BLACKSMITHING? Do you remember having to run all the way across the entire freaking world map to get to Scarlet Monastery ON FOOT, if you were Alliance? How about sitting around and patiently waiting for your 40-man raid to form? And you are trying to say that the current expansions are more repetitive than vanilla?? GTFO!

"There's nothing new in this expansion." This might actually be the most valid statement that's commonly made, but it's still not a good stance to argue why vanilla WoW is superior to the expansions. Of course there is going to be more of the same, that's why they call it an EXPANSION. If you want something different, go play something that doesn't have the name "World of Warcraft" tagged onto it. From what I've seen, Blizzard has actually thrown in a lot of new content in each expansion, by revamping classes, adding new classes, new skills, new bosses, etc. Yes, the core gameplay has to stay the same, because if it were not, it would not be an EXPANSION, it would instead be a SEQUEL or a completely different game. Therefore, this is not a good reason to criticize an EXPANSION.

"This game is so imbalanced now." It was NEVER balanced. Shamans in vanilla WoW. Enough said. Go YouTube some old videos if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Overall, I feel that people just don't realize they have their rose-tinted glasses on when they are reviewing expansions. In my opinion, people don't voluntarily put in hours, days, or even years of their lives on a video game unless they are seeking a sense of accomplishment. Playing Vanilla WoW may have given that sense of accomplishment, that adrenaline rush that we are desperately seeking with each purchase of the newest expansion. As far as I can tell, there are two main components to feeling a sense of accomplishment. The first is that the challenge must be *seen* as something great, something WORTH DOING. This feeling of creating a great challenge worth doing is something that MMO's are good at facilitating, because you are thrown into a community of many other people trying to complete the same objectives. This alone makes the challenge appear that much greater and worth doing. Think about it; would you feel better about killing a tough boss in some old single-player game nobody cares about, or killing a boss in WoW that so many others have tried before you and failed? If you are getting older and have more responsibilities, this becomes diminished, because you simply do not care about completing the challenge as much as you once did. The second component of the sense of accomplishment is that it must be something that you have not done before. When you first figured out how to ride a bike, it might have been big for you. But now, you've done it so many times that you don't really care anymore. And I believe that is what is causing the so-called "downfall" of WoW - the fact that it's just an old game that people have been playing for years.

If you read all this, good job, because I really didn't think you would have had the attention span to do it. But TLDR: You've been playing the same game for so many years for so many hours, so it's no wonder that you don't enjoy it anymore. Stop buying WoW expansions, because no matter what Blizzard does, you won't be happy.
  78. Sep 29, 2012
    Terrible xpac. The cut scenes are atrocious and truly has started catering to a new generation of kids out there with pandas. They have removed skill trees from the game and they pretty much spoon feed you your skills now. No longer are there skill trees that you need to think through and try out.

The graphics are a decent update but the core content of the game is what drives me and this falls flat on its face for sure. For those that are giving high scores for this game, I'm not certain what game they are playing but this is not a great game. Such a shame that once a proud and great company that produced quality games and make tonnes of money are only concerned now with making tonnes of money and not quality games. It's time to shelve the WoW series as Mist of Pandaria is a nail in their coffin for enjoyment.
  79. Sep 28, 2012
    Looks like Blizzard is in full damage control mode right now sending their employees out to give 9 and 10 score ratings. There's also some fanbois making multiple accounts trying to up the score. Pretty sad they have to do this just to justify playing this turd. They have made forum posts telling people to come here and make multiple accounts just give the game 10, so most of the goodLooks like Blizzard is in full damage control mode right now sending their employees out to give 9 and 10 score ratings. There's also some fanbois making multiple accounts trying to up the score. Pretty sad they have to do this just to justify playing this turd. They have made forum posts telling people to come here and make multiple accounts just give the game 10, so most of the good reviews here and just the same group of people doing it over and over again. Pathetic. Sorry Blizz and Blizz fanbois, too many people are upset about wasting their money on this lackluster expansion. You can't hide the truth! Expand
  80. Sep 30, 2012
    Ignore the GW2 haters who put up tons of horrible reviews. Mists of Panaria is WoW's best expansion yet. Launch day was amazingly smooth. Just hit level 90 and I'm blown away by the art & quest design for this expansion.
  81. Oct 1, 2012
    If you've been loving WoW for the last 8 years like me, then you'll love this one too. There is a ton more endgame content right out of the box. the soundtrack is also beautiful again. just fun all around. if you didn't like wow before then you probably won't like this, so go back to guild wars 2.
  82. Oct 8, 2012
    Blizzard has become a complete sell-out. The brand name is more than enough to make 1 million+ people purchase their games, so they can make ANYTHING and people will buy it. FYI Blizzard is owned by a French company now, and many, if not most of the people who were originally with the company have quit and formed their own companies... Wake up, smell the roses, "Blizzard" as we knew itBlizzard has become a complete sell-out. The brand name is more than enough to make 1 million+ people purchase their games, so they can make ANYTHING and people will buy it. FYI Blizzard is owned by a French company now, and many, if not most of the people who were originally with the company have quit and formed their own companies... Wake up, smell the roses, "Blizzard" as we knew it is no more, rather it is a shell of its former self. If you don't believe me, do some research on Google.... Expand
  83. Sep 29, 2012
    The now mega international corporate that made 3 billion in profit over the first 7 years now develops its game like its a small production house making F2P rpg's. Like all other big game companies, the emphasis has been firmly placed on do things as cheaply as possible for maximized profits and propagandizing the faithful into thinking they're playing a game with depth and substance.The now mega international corporate that made 3 billion in profit over the first 7 years now develops its game like its a small production house making F2P rpg's. Like all other big game companies, the emphasis has been firmly placed on do things as cheaply as possible for maximized profits and propagandizing the faithful into thinking they're playing a game with depth and substance. Makes its customers pay full price for a title that's a blatant marketing ploy geared towards a specific demographic. Despite the repeated blows to meaningful character development and the dev staffs love affair with homogenization they still can't balance classes in a way that makes pvp less of a bad joke or lets raiders "bring the player not the class". More new forgettable zones, more ez mode and turn your brain off questing, more uninspiring and boring dungeons, more gimmick 101 raiding. Immersive and challenging content has been replaced by frilly things like achievements, pokemon and farmville. For the third straight expansion, they are relying on addictive ploys like that, to go a long with the all time giant, the gear carrot, to keep people playing instead of making it interesting enough to warrant what amounts to be a pretty large investment over years of play. Expand
  84. Oct 1, 2012
    Cross Realm Zones makes up 95% of this low score. The fact that Blizzard is effectively ignoring the immersion and playability bugs as well as the 20,000+ posts detailing the issues represents the other 5%.
    Once CRZ goes live in Pandaria, a "dailies gated rep grind", expect more low scores as players jump realms & fight over the few resources available... The MOP music was very well done anyway...
  85. Sep 27, 2012
    I am not sure what happened to WoW and why it happened. The game DOES not feel like WoW anymore. The player graphics are just horrid and you really notice this when your Night Elf is standing next to a Panda bear. They should not have released the game without updating 10 year old models that we see every second we are logged on. The monsters and instances are so dumbed down. I feel noI am not sure what happened to WoW and why it happened. The game DOES not feel like WoW anymore. The player graphics are just horrid and you really notice this when your Night Elf is standing next to a Panda bear. They should not have released the game without updating 10 year old models that we see every second we are logged on. The monsters and instances are so dumbed down. I feel no real accomplishment at all. Not sure about you but I don't play video games to run around naked in Org / SW turning people into bunnies. I play for a gaming challenge. It's Blizzards own fault that they have catered to and spoiled gamers into their current shape. Players weren't this terrible in TBC, we ran very tough Heroics because people had to L2play. Now? I guess learning to play is too hard and too much to ask for.

There is nothing exciting or new about MoP, imo. It's just a gear reset, here comes the mindless gear grind all over again.

PvP is atrocious. I have already reached 90 and the same classes blow you up in seconds while your healer is in a 30 second CC chain. I love PvP, but have given up on WoW PvP entirely at this point and will sate my PvP thirst over at GW2.
  86. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the best content Blizzard has ever put out. The questing is superb, the story, the mechanics, I once again have that feeling of AWE I have missed since Vanilla. Kudos Blizzard, this is the best MMO out there.
  87. Sep 28, 2012
    Now, I used to raid in WoW for over a year but real world time commitments have forced me to stop playing so hard. WoW is years polished and I love playing as a healer but I've simply burnt out on this model. It's fine if many other people have not but I have. I find myself frustrated compared to playing say Guild Wars 2, and while a 3 is pretty harsh, I'd say this feels like their leastNow, I used to raid in WoW for over a year but real world time commitments have forced me to stop playing so hard. WoW is years polished and I love playing as a healer but I've simply burnt out on this model. It's fine if many other people have not but I have. I find myself frustrated compared to playing say Guild Wars 2, and while a 3 is pretty harsh, I'd say this feels like their least inspired work to date. Bring on Titan Blizzard if you really want to set the next standard again. Expand
  88. Sep 27, 2012
    I made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There isI made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There is one controversial change which I cannot comment on as I have seen very little of its impact which is cross realm zones. In theory it should be a good thing and I dont see why it shouldnt especially if it adds more chance for random PVP encounters. But I will leave it at that.

Talent/skill/glyph revamp- One of the most unfun things to do in an MMO is to have to learn and relearn complicated trees which alter stats. If you are playing 1 or 2 characters it is easy to keep upto speed and actually know how to make a profficent build. After 10 years of online game I have a small army of characters across doaens of games and it is almost more trouble than it is worth to go back and jump on one you havent played for a while. The new talent system can only give you strong builds that can be figured out relatively quickly. There is also a greater degree of tactical flexibility with the ability to loadout skills and glyphs on the fly allowing more focus on actual combat. I have notivced several skills which have been integrated as passives or into other skills. I think this is great as having more and more skills every year only overcomplicate what should be simple.

Pet battles- only done it a short time but it seems very well done. If you ever played pokemon on gameboy you will like this. It is optional and offers a bit of depth.

Pandaria- I have played many wow clones over the years and I have come to the conclusion that if you are looking for that kind of simple casual progression wow does it just as good and in many cases better than any. They have not reinvented the wheel. but further refined the original formula to make your basic kill/collect quest as entertaining as possible. I wasnt sure if I would be into the whole panda/chinese/kun-fu theme, although they have done a good job of it. It has an exotic feel to it. Alot of the fights are 2-5 mobs and it reminds me of fighting creeps back in the days of ROC/TFT alot more than previous expansions. Monk- Havent played hte new class however I have fought against them and they seem pretty powerful. People actually playing them like it. Dungeons/raids- Only done 4 of the new ones on normal and they are what one would expect. I look forward to the challenge modes and scenarios.

Area looting- about f'in time.

PVP-
    havent been able to try new BG, I think they are lv 90, however there is a hell of alot of world PVP. Sharing quest hubs with the other faction can be tense and difficult at times, and because of that we have the highest levels of WPVP sing the southshore/TM days. Both good and someimes annoying but its what alot of people have been saying they want for years and I dont mind. Overall- I am level 88 and have had the most fun in wow since vanilla. The overall experince is top notch. it is an experiance. I am actually looking forward to leveling up some alts which is unusual. Most people I have talked too and played with have high opinion of MoP. The many low scores reviewers have given on this site is a joke written by a growing minority of disgruntled players who have lost there perspective. I suspect that this is because they have been playing blizzard games/MMOs heavily for years and are incapable of enjoying them anymore. That has happened to me before and I couldnt play for years.
  89. Sep 30, 2012
    This is going to be more of a first impression than a full out review, and so I'm just going to touch on a few points which I think are helpful.
    1) Graphics and Aesthetics: This is one of the high points for the Pandaria expansion, and the overall feel of Pandaria (graphically and musically) is a needed breath of fresh air. We are introduced to a completely new southern continent whose existence was hinted at as far back as WC3. The oriental theme of the expansion is interesting, although it remains to be seen if the setting can hold its own for a long period of time as opposed to being a "flavor of the day" sort of thing. 2) Story: The alliance introduction to Pandaria involving Varian Wrynne provides both a strong sense of purpose for the alliance and provides motivation for Varian's expedition into the mists. The horde on the other hand is given a mindless, hate filled sock puppet in the form of Garrosh Hellscream. To call Garrosh a character would be giving Blizzard too much credit, since the opening cutscene for the horde provides no insight into Garrosh's genocidal hatred for the alliance. Unlike Varian, whose reason for entering the mists is something that can be sympathized with (even if we disprove of some of his methods), there is simply no sympathizing or liking Garrosh even when looking into the material from previous expansions. A huge gaping hole exists where the reasons for Garrosh's behavior should be, and the idea that such a non-character will be the big bad of the expansion, putting him on par with Arthas or Illidan, is maddening. 3) New Race and Game Mechanics: The removal of the talent system has caused something of a firestorm within the community, but its results are obvious and positive. Game balance is easier to achieve with the simplified system, and it is far easier to figure out what talent choices benefit a character the most given a particular play style than in previous expansions. It should be noted that the Pandaran race feels somewhat novel (for lack of a better term). Unlike previous expansions that introduced new races, they are not firmly entrenched into either the alliance or the horde, and this contributes to a feeling of disconnect with the player's chosen faction. The animations and voice acting for the Pandarans, as well as their aesthetics, are quite appealing to those who wish to play a more comical character than something serious. The monk class feels something like a rogue if the rogue were given the ability to spam attacks more often and traded stealth for increased mobility. Its flexibility is far greater than a rogue, however, as a player could be a healer or tank. 4) Minor complaints: If I were to rate this expansion only on the new content, it would be an 8 or 9 out of 10. However, as a veteran player, it is impossible to ignore the fact that in order to experience all the new content of the expansion, one will have to first go through all the old content from previous expansions, including the nefarious Cataclysm expansion. There is a quality in voice acting and pacing that is lacking in the previous expansions, and it is noticeable when moving from the Pandaran starting zone into the reformed continents of Cataclysm. Again, I am not judging Pandaria by what happened in Cataclysm, but the fact that players must tread 70 or so levels of content they have probably done multiple times on different characters drags down the fun tremendously. My first impressions verdict is thus a 6 out of 10. The content is good, its just unfortunate you must fight through so much land already (very thoroughly) traveled in order to get to it.
  90. Oct 4, 2012
    Evrything about this expansion screams low quality. Super dumbed down, and obviously for the under 12 crowd. Very dissapointed in Blizzard. TERRIBLE graphics and sound!
  91. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand how so many people blindly rate it below 4 just out of shear emotion. I thought it was decent launch, it had lag issues for about 3-4 hours and it was perfectly fine after. I have done quite a bit in the game so far (level to 90, heroics and challenge modes)
  92. Oct 7, 2012
    The mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguingThe mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguing characters, and variety in quests. Reputation is no longer earned with tabards for the main pandaria factions, and while many may say this is bad, its also keeps it interesting, and it can be much more rewarding when you do reach honored/revered/exalted. Rare spawns actually drop better loot, depending on their level, and the 40man world boss is very fun and challenging. Mists of Pandaria actually FEELS like an expansion, there is so much to do that its hard to become bored, and the Pandaren arent as cheesy as they look, but actually fit right in. My only massive gripe is the high-population log-in queue's, sometimes exceeding 2:30hrs to actually play, but otherwise, welcome to pandaria!! Expand
  93. Oct 10, 2012
    I thought it was pretty good. I have no idea how they expect this to last them for the next two years, as it didn't even attempt to re-invent the genre on any level. I'll play it as a single player experience for a month and then move on to something else, but if you see it from that perspective, it's good for a month I suppose. Great art, story, music, etc. Nothing wrong there. JustI thought it was pretty good. I have no idea how they expect this to last them for the next two years, as it didn't even attempt to re-invent the genre on any level. I'll play it as a single player experience for a month and then move on to something else, but if you see it from that perspective, it's good for a month I suppose. Great art, story, music, etc. Nothing wrong there. Just the overall design and direction on this MMO needs to reach some kind of paradigm shift and I'm not seeing it showing any signs of going there any time soon. Expand
  94. Sep 28, 2012
    This game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is wellThis game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is well made and immersive.

There are so many bad reviews from butthurt old-timers who expected 'passive mitigation' and people who just down-vote the game for no reason other than D3 being a flop. I have -actually- played this game since Vanilla, and this is honestly the most fun I have had since LK. Do yourself a favour and give this expansion a go, you won't regret it.
  95. Sep 27, 2012
    100% improvement vs. Cataclysm. I just came back to WOW after a loooong hiatus and I am liking the fact that Blizzard has decided to switch things up with the talent trees. After being gone for so long, if I was able to come back and "leave right where I left off", and there were no changes to the game, I would have been disappointed. The game is not perfect and the initial surge of people100% improvement vs. Cataclysm. I just came back to WOW after a loooong hiatus and I am liking the fact that Blizzard has decided to switch things up with the talent trees. After being gone for so long, if I was able to come back and "leave right where I left off", and there were no changes to the game, I would have been disappointed. The game is not perfect and the initial surge of people playing on opening day kinda showed some of the oversights/ imperfections of the starting content on the new zone. On Alliance side, gyrocopter event, it took me an hour to complete the night of release. Ran the event again on my rogue the next day and I completed it in 5 minutes. When I play this game, I play it to have FUN and to play with friends, not speed past all of the content just to get my character to lvl 90. So far, I am really enjoying it! Expand
  96. Sep 27, 2012
    As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used"As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used" too be to realize it. Vanilla was amazing, but what alot of people don't realize is the game its the same and hasn't gotten easier, its just less time consuming. People can't devote 10 hours a day to progression wipes in raids anymore so Blizzard speed punishing people who can't give their life too this game. Graphically the game is sound, but shows a bit of age.

Ambience music and zone sound tracks are brilliant.

Gameplay is left relatively unchanged which is both a bad and good thing.

When it comes down too it though, you'll either love it or hate it. Longtime fans will find more of the same, and newcomers will be welcomed with an expansive world with plenty to do.
  97. Sep 28, 2012
    Tons of new thinks. The new pet system is awesome. Until now i think its so much better then cataclysm. It brings a lot of new things, systems, raids.
  98. Oct 1, 2012
    Great graphics, great quests, WTF are you talking about! The questing is so horrid then I might as well watch "my little pony: friendship is magic". Nothing really new on the xpac. If i wanted to play pokemon, I would rather bust out my DSi and play my pokemon white. I'm not paying 15 dollars a month so i can farm when I have farmville, which is free by the way. Even the skill tree wasGreat graphics, great quests, WTF are you talking about! The questing is so horrid then I might as well watch "my little pony: friendship is magic". Nothing really new on the xpac. If i wanted to play pokemon, I would rather bust out my DSi and play my pokemon white. I'm not paying 15 dollars a month so i can farm when I have farmville, which is free by the way. Even the skill tree was dumbed down, as if blizzard would think I'm incapable of making my own choices. The pandas are alright, but having mine standing by a human makes me think I'm playing a disney game. Expand
  99. Oct 9, 2012
    I am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a cultureI am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a culture obviously drawn from medieval China and Japan. The Monk class is powerful, and many of the more tedious aspects of advancement in the game have been simplified (for example, at least for Monks, you no longer have to visit a trainer to learn new abilities when you level up). More intangibly, MoP has somehow brought back the sense of wonder and fun that made the original WoW, as well as the earlier single-player games, so appealing -- if the three previous expansions had a sort of dark, epic Lord of the Rings feel to them, MoP is more like The Hobbit. By taking itself less seriously, WoW has become more enjoyable. The only significant drawback is the graphics engine, which is definitely showing its age -- WoW will likely need massive upgrades in this regard if it is to continue for more than another year or two, especially after the next-generation consoles are released. Expand
  100. Sep 27, 2012
    Very happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once youVery happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once you are allowed to enjoy playing a cartooned character and acting like one. Did i mention that the pet battles are addictive. Have fun in mists of pandera...a breath of fresh air! Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]