4.9

1. Oct 2, 2012
    Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's.Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's. Seriously..everyquest has 20 expansions now...and still a core base of people that play. If you don't wanna play, then dont :) WOW will never be the same game as it was, but then again..would you want it to be? Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    it´s a wonderful game, my english is very bad, but i try explain it, world of warcraft with this expansion, return to its origins, it´s a great expansion
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    Although it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented toAlthough it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented to make it even better. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always hadI love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  6. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving.Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving. There needs to be even better ways to group with friends who are lower level to keep them interested in the game (I loved CoH/CoV adjusted level grouping). However, I think the redesign is more than slapping lipstick on a pig, they've gone through a long process and eliminated a lot of the boring utility stuff and given us a bunch of fun, cool abilities. The questing and storyline for pandaria is a bit static, however, none of your choices really matter the way SWTOR made your stories seem to matter. That being said I was enthralled to see the stories unfold, and it made me care about what was going on in the land of Pandaria more and more. The immersive effect is helped by a great musical score and superb voice acting. I was very dissappointed with the quality of the voice acting in Cataclysm, so the new stuff was very refreshing and helped draw me into the story.

So far, the new dungeons and new challenges and scenarios are fun. I like how you can still have the lower difficulty stuff for casuals but there are challenges (gold medaling dungeon runs) for more advanced people to test themselves against. I like how these challenges are getting players to be more creative in their approach.

As I say, I would give this game an 8/10 except apparently a bunch of Guildwars 2 fanboys came over to metacritic to crap all over this game for no reason. So I'll give it a 10/10 to help try and correct this bias. Really guys, its not mature to be dishonest about a game simply because you are a fan of a competitor.
  8. Oct 5, 2012
    Great Story/Content. Beautiful new landscapes. Great new musical score to go along with the new lands. Scenarios are a nice break from the dungeon grind and allow you to queue for what are basically the group quests now. Overall it is one of the best expansions since BC.
  9. Oct 5, 2012
    I actually think this expansion is quite good and it's the one to bring me back. Cataclysm was rather disappointing, but this expansion brings back the sense of exploration and wonder that I enjoyed to much with Wrath of the Lich King. I don't get why so many people hate it, but as with all internet trolls, they just hate stuff to hate stuff, really.
  10. Oct 13, 2012
    (giving a 10 to offset the children, deserves a 9)

Graphics are stylized and fantastic Monk class is fun and OP at the moment Pet Battles are poke-awesome Tillers faction is fun Story is actually worth paying attention to for once Panda's are no worse than Tauren or Murlcok and have great animation - WoW after all this time is still WoW, take it or leave it Monks start at level
    (giving a 10 to offset the children, deserves a 9)

Graphics are stylized and fantastic
    Monk class is fun and OP at the moment
    Pet Battles are poke-awesome
    Tillers faction is fun
    Story is actually worth paying attention to for once
    Panda's are no worse than Tauren or Murlcok and have great animation
    WoW after all this time is still WoW, take it or leave it
    Monks start at level ONE
    Glyphs are better than ever
    Talent system replaced with boredom
  11. HoP
    Oct 13, 2012
    LOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7daysLOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7days worth of played time at 90.

To those saying the game is simplistic? Please, there is more depth involved then your tiny brains can process.

A lot of these "0" reviews come from gw2, swotr, etc fanboy's who are upset the MoP has stolen their user base once again.

Hats off to Blizzard to creating what COULD VERY WELL POSSIBLY end up being the BEST xpac, time will tell, but if Blizzard keeps with the quailty they have started with, this very likely will become true.

So, if you are reading these reviews, don't be fooled by those trying to downrate MoP because of their personal grudge and inadept ability to enjoy a great game when it slaps them in the face.

Pick up MoP and start enjoying Pandaria. The story, gameplay, graphics, voice overs are all topnotch from a company that cares about their game and it shows through with flying colors.

Those worried that game has been casualized becauase of simple talent system, don't fool yourselfs, the talent system simply took what everyone does and applied it to your character and finally given you choices that matter and can truly effect your play experience.

The game has struck a balance for the hardcore and casuals that was never achived before. There are things that are goofy, easy and fun to keep players entertained, but the difficulty of higher rewards is turned up for those a bit more serious about the game. Wow no longer feels like it was designed for players who just wanted free hand outs and this a great step in the right direction.

Dungeons are truly well designed a mix between some challenge till mastered and fun for the causal player.

Challenge modes will challenge even the best of players while provide rewards out of reach for others.

But the pinnicale is raiding, Blizzard has heard and for the first time SINCE TBC the raiding is spot on, even the entry level raid currently available is beautiful the boss encounters diverse and difficult. None of the encounters are push overs the average player will find raiding absolutley amazing, while the hardcore will like always continue to clear ahead of others but will still enjoy the absolutely fantastic raid boss designs, where every member in the raid must play to their best of their abilities with an absolultey fantastic feeling of team work, an the casuals they will have their LFR to let them see the content at a simpler level.

MoP trulys 10/10 to all the haters, go back to your other mmo's and languish on your empty servers, the rest of us are in Pandaria enjoying what is truly the masterpiece of MMO's.

Cheers Blizzard you nailed this one!
  12. Oct 15, 2012
    So, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently withSo, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently with this expansion is the Cross Realm Zones, with all the ganking and bugs going on leveling alts has become pretty frustrating. But after getting past all of those frustations, the new monk class is amazing. They are very balanced (compared to release Death Knights). I have no idea where these haters came from, but this expansion is great. I was going to quit WoW but MoP brought me back. Expand
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    Dragon Soul destroyed my faith in WoW that Firelands built up. The release of MoP has made me regain some of that faith.

Questing and dailies are as grinding as always and boring, the dungeons are not terrible but at the same time they are nothing great. I am here for the raiding though and so far MoP blows Drag Soul out of the water. As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and

As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and very boring so if you want to play a game for the questing then it may not be the game for you, but I play the game solely for the raiding and this is a big improvement over Dragon Soul. It would be nice to see some sort of innovative new idea for questing, but I still give it a 9/10 for a decent opening raid.
  14. Nov 3, 2012
    I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).

Having been through a couple of launch nights I settled down fully expecting what happened next. Too many people were logged on and everything got so slow - there was evidently a queueing system for the new quests which meant that you clicked on whatever and then nothing happened - for ages. If you were patient (something most wow players can't get the hang of) the quests would complete and you could move into Pandaria and start enjoying the continent. Luckily for those of us capable of relaxing for a while plenty of people rage quit so the queues got shorter quite quickly and the quests became less slow and buggy. Many people have flamed the launch night but I was logged in and able to play all night unlike any other expansion launch night. The quest queues made people think the whole thing was bugged when actually it was preventing us from crashing the servers and getting booted out. On the whole I was massively impressed.

I really enjoy playing WoW again since MoP launched; the scenery is glorious (I love the less than perfect, iconic graphics styling), the quests have that element of fun that has been missing for so long and the game actually feels like something I can do to enjoy myself, which is the point after all. I particularly like the fact that the focus has put on people actually completing content and not being handed everything on a silver platter. You want to spend your hard earned Valor points? Well then you've got to grind rep. You want to get the best craftables? Then you have to farm the materials. There are loads of dailies you can do and they have removed the hideous rep tabards meaning you actually have to play the game instead of just doing dungeons and raids! Any one who says that MoP requires little time or effort clearly hasn't played the game yet. There is now so much you can choose to do from grinding dailies for rep and gold to scenarios or instances, raiding to discovering all of the hidden items in Pandaria that boredom really shouldn't be a problem.

If you used to play WoW now is a great time to come back and if you have never played before take a few minutes to learn about the type of realm you want to play on and then come join in with the fun!
  15. Nov 4, 2012
    Ignore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of KungIgnore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of Kung Fu Panda meets Azeroth, but Blizard pulled it off. The lore is execellent and the continent is extremely well realized. From a technical standpoint I personally hit no glitches during the solo run to 90 and basic dungeon crawling. I have not had an opportunity to raid yet, but all of the features seem well implemented to me. Where I felt that Cataclysm started off with a great concept and fell very flat in delivery, MoP starts off with a questionable concept and pleasantly surprises you. Risky for Blizard but I think this approach will pay dividends in the end.

One change probably causing the ridiculous flood of exaggerated negative "reviews" is the new talent system. Personally I think the new talent system is a positive since I don't need an MMO to be a full time job and don't have my ego wrapped up in what an "elite gamer" I am (that in itself is a funny concept! using video game expertise to validate your ego is just intensely ironic). It is a flattened and simplified system compared to the legacy approach and much of the fat has been trimmed. Stat jockey's and min/maxers alost certainly have their panties in a knot over this (again, note the butt hurt reviews), but if you can be obective, there is a lot to like in this new system. Especially when you consider that the complexity of the old system really just resulted in a handful of people spending 10,000 hours testing with spreadsheets and the rest of the world simply yelling "WHATS THE BEST BUILD FOR XYZ????" until they find the "cool build" to copy. No loss if you ask me.

In conclusion if you still enjoy WoW for the exploration, the humor, the lovely art direction and the innovative approach to progression (both group and solo), you will almost certainly find a lot to like here (not to mention a whole new class to try). If you already spend most of your time posting anti-WoW rants, then you already know you hate the game before it is ever released so please stop reviewing it and seek professional help.
  16. Dec 15, 2012
    When I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much moreWhen I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much more desirable yet at the end of the day it's just a minigame. Overall, this is a solid expansion - not very innovative but it's very well done and it's very polished. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    Best expansion to date. A new continent to explore, new stories and adventures to partake in, a new class introducing a unique play-style, and not to mention a plethora of new dungeons, raids and battlesgrounds.
  18. Jan 1, 2013
    Someone has to make up for the haters who downrate the game just for being WoW. MoP overall is a great expansion that corrects the many mistakes made in Cataclysm and is delivering content at a much faster pace this time. Dailies can get annoying but overall they take almost no time at all and most complaints center around people who have no self control. There are faults still yes butSomeone has to make up for the haters who downrate the game just for being WoW. MoP overall is a great expansion that corrects the many mistakes made in Cataclysm and is delivering content at a much faster pace this time. Dailies can get annoying but overall they take almost no time at all and most complaints center around people who have no self control. There are faults still yes but you'll be hard pressed to find a better MMO out there unless you're someone that refuses to play the game just because it's WoW. Expand
  19. Jan 9, 2013
    Quite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansiveQuite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansive lore universe, the expansion itself has played out very well and has made a pleasant playable new continent pandaria, by pleasant, i mean color scheme wise, unlike TBC where you trudged through the dingy worlds of Zangarmarsh, Hellfire, and SMV, this one provides a much warmer atmosphere and a new race of pandas, performing kung fu, what more could you ask more. Expand
  20. Jan 22, 2013
    Great expansion so far, much more content in contrast to Cataclysm where we had nothing to do. Positive changes, better accessibility for casual players and diverse content. Lots of players are returning to the game. However one big issue is the escalation of bots, especially in battlegrounds, and Blizzard's inability to deal with the problem.
  21. Sep 26, 2013
    MoP is pretty much the most packed WoW expansion to date with something for everyone, and a statement that WoW is still the MMO king.

Sad to see the low user score it's gotten due to trolls and just general idiots who doesn't have the mental strengh to see past the fact that the game is good despite the inclusion of pandas.
  22. Mar 28, 2013
    The newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack andThe newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack and the level cap being risen to 90 the game is essentially the same old world of Warcraft that we know and love with the exceptions of being able work at your professions getting them to even higher levels with new materials to find and harvest and even more armour and weapons to make, new mounts dungeons raids and PVP battlegrounds which in my eyes just gives the game more opportunities to have hours of fun and gear your characters up in even more impressive armour. Anyone who loves world of Warcraft will love this new instalment and should buy it immediately. Expand
  23. Apr 1, 2013
    The overall gameplay is pretty awesome, with new features and such, definitely a must-play for MMORPG lovers out there.
    I am playing and will continue to play this game with my friends for a very long time.
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    The monk is fun. The graphics are really better. The talent system is no longer a illusion of choice.

In my opinion Mists of Pandaria it's the second better expansion of world of warcraft.
  25. May 22, 2013
    Blizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, butBlizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, but its nothing new, WoW has always be the same and always will be, been playing WoW since vanilla and i am calling it on this one, its a good expansion but nothing new, for new players, go get it now, you will not be disappointed Expand
  26. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot beWorld of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  27. Jul 1, 2013
    We must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comesWe must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comes to the community of those who've moved on or gotten old of the game, it's fine, it's understandable but i do not feel that we are doing a great job as what comes to helping the existing community. I first joined World of warcraft in 2007, so i wasn't there from the beginning, but was far from the end! World of Warcraft is something we all should admire, even if it is good/bad/dying right now. I feel ashamed and disappointed. Not because of Blizzard no. But because of the community that is now turning their bags away from the game and spitting it right in the face. You don't get your voice taken seriously if you are threatening with your fists at the same time. I am not trying to defend blizzard, but i am trying to defend something that we've all loved for a long, long time. I know this was not an actual game review, to make it quick, i still play the game myself. Not as much as i used to and not as enjoyable as it used to be BUT! I do still find new things that blizzard actually DID improve to the game. The questing has gotten way more fun, RBG's, Cross realm, Battletags, LFR, Guild levels, Challenges and more. Despite every single one of you who have grown old by age, some of you STARTED playing this game as a KID and now you are judging onwards those YOU once were. Don't point the fingers at the game. Point them at yourselves and say to yourself: "what did this game do to me?" now i know that there are plenty of terrifying stories about humans who have lost their lives out of addiction, but what the heck?? The game was apparently good enough to take all the life form out of most of us? If that isn't worth the time writing a review about a game that has been life changing for both the good and for the bad we should all remember one thing. Things will never be like the past, but give the new generation room to learn.

I am sorry if this "critic" was a bit too long or if my grammar, english aren't 100% correct. I am not from English nationality.

- a happy customer.
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  29. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  30. Aug 13, 2013
    Solid game if your enjoy raiding and story. The only sore spot was the constant barrage of dailies at the launch. But most of those have been addressed and fixed.
  31. Sep 22, 2013
    Don't listen to all the whiny anti-WoW fanboys, enough is enough. If you hate WoW, don't go around telling people lies about how it's a grind fest and not fun, because both are 100% false.

WoW is by far the most polished and enjoyable MMO I've ever played, for 8 long years now, and while I've tried every other WoW "killer" out there, none come close, none have "killed" WoW, in fact it's still the #1 MMO in the world by far, 8 years in a row. Why? Because it's the best damn MMO ever made and the rest of the industry doesn't have a clue. WoW has a bit of everything for everyone, and even more surprising, an incredibly rich story that drives its ever growing world. Two things more that WoW does right that others fail: PvP and end-game raiding.

There is nothing quite as balanced or challenging as WoW when it comes to PvP and end-game, and the WoW haters know it, so they QQ 24/7 on places like this instead of playing their precious WoW "killer" game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a raid to go to. FOR THE ALLIANCE!
  32. Oct 25, 2013
    While nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gearWhile nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gear handouts and not enough challenging exclusive content. Expand
  33. Nov 14, 2013
    Lol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvpLol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvp player and oldschool raider and nothing is changing in me as a player each time i play it i just want to play more i have 4 lvl 90's and i think that shows the time and dedication i put into this game the only game i play right now.
    They have enhanced on the graphics remade some of the raids recreated the character models Pandas look great the new monk class is brilliant the new raids battlegrounds are great the new secrets monuts and rewards are awsome.
    Blizzard please keep doing what your doing as this game has made me and my friends happy for years and every year you just make it better Please capture this again and again and again your so good at making great games for me this was one of the easiest 10 out of 10's my fav game ever and my fav expansion!
  34. Nov 6, 2013
    graphics 6/10 visually it was stunning but this is 2013, you should be updating the way the game looks and plays at least a little bit 10 years after launch

story 10/10 I thought I wouldn't enjoy pandas, but the story line was actually enjoyable. pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a

pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a bit overpowered at first, but I assume they were making up for the season before that in which warriors were the "lame ducks" of pvp.

raiding 5/10 I do not like the "find a group" raiding system. It takes all the fun out of raiding.
  35. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Gear has been updated, new mounts look good, more lighting, the game constantly upgrades even though this expansion hasn’t seen the most. WoW still has amazing graphics for its artistic style. New environments look good as well. 10.
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they don’t feel like a chore. Not many new gameplay elements were added in this title, and raiding seems more casual than before, as well as the heroics when you first hit 90. The game remains similar to previous expansions with this one having more of a focus on gaining rep just to buy gear. New battlegrounds are a nice mix taking a page from Rift’s library, and a cart mode that I like to compare with Team Fortress, although the carts always move and it’s more like a king of the hill/carts. New hero class added, look out for panda monks! 10.
    Story: The focus of this expansion dives real deep in this expansion, too much to explain, I wasn’t to particularly interested, but lore fans won’t be disappointed. 10.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth the hours you get! 10.
    Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  36. Nov 18, 2013
    I've played World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Albeit, I did stop playing TBC the start of Cata, but that doesn't stop me being able to give my impressions on the current expansion, before the new one comes out and changes everything.

Now I know many onlookers to WoW are like: "Wow, look at the pandas. What this, Kung Fu Panda?". I know we're kinda past that now, but it still comes up in a few places, here and there. Out in real life. "Oh, you play WoW? Didn't they add Kung Fu Pandas?". You look at the ground, frowning. Pandaren, as they're referred to in-game, weren't the massive flop many expected them to be. A lot of people rolled a Pandaren, and you see quite a few flying around their respective capital city. The new continent, Pandaria, looking graphically striking compared to past zones, with its giant world bosses and impressive rolling hills and ancient structures. The land itself is beautiful, and a joy to explore.

We'll start off talking about Pandaria then. As I said, Blizzard opted to update the graphics significantly in Pandaria, making the land one pretty place. Pink-blossomed trees blowing in the wind, the light breeze of background music it all creates a very nice atmosphere of an ancient time-lost land that you're exploring. The decision to not let you fly in Pandaria until max level (90), was a great choice. It means that you get to actually experience the environment instead of flying high above, not caring in the slightest what's down below. It also gives way for World PVP to occur the enemy faction attacking you, or you attacking them. Only if you're on a PVP server, of course. And its likely that the enemies you find from the opposite faction are actually your level, making it a fair fight. You do get the occasional maxed out ganker, but those moments are few and far between. The new continent itself is a joy to explore and level in.

But what happens when you 'ding' 90? Yes, you've done it! Max level! The game really opens up. You can now do raids get together a group of 10-25 people and take on some of the hardest bosses. Or do LFR, and get grouped with other similar players to take on a 25-man raid. In terms of raiding, MoP shines. The raids are varied and very interesting, and the bosses are epic in scale. However, I do feel that LFR is too easy in most circumstances if you have a non-braindead group you can easily faceroll through all the bosses no problem. This is LFR though, so that's to be expected. The real challenge comes in Normal or Heroic versions of the raids, pumping up the difficulty substantially. Also, there's one more option Flexible raiding. This allows a group of anywhere in between 10 and 25 people to do a raid and the difficulty scales with the amount of people, as well as the loot. Flex is harder than LFR, and provides just the right amount of challenge for many players. In terms of raiding and endgame, MoP gets a big fat golden tick.

But what of the new class, the monk? I've played the monk for a bit, to around level 25, and it seems very fun. Talking to a 90 monk, they seem to really like this class, for all it's worth. Monks can choose all 3 positions Tank, DPS, or Healer with their 3 specs. At lower levels, monks do seem to be very OP, especially in BGs and Dungeons, but this levels out in the higher levels. Overall, the monk class is a worthy addition to the current classes, and you have to admit punching people in the face is bloody cool.

There's so much more I could say about this expansion, but... wait a second. There's one thing I've got to talk about. Pet Battles. Just seriously, hear me out. Pet battles are like Pokémon, but in WoW. When you're not raiding, or doing anything else, you can summon out your pets and battle other players in a Poké-like experience. You can even catch Rare and Epic rated pets. Seriously, it's really addictive and a lot of fun a worthy addition to this expansion.

As this review and expansion draws to a close, it's a perfect time to say that I've really enjoyed this expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is just around the corner, and that looks to be some of the best WoW times yet. I look forward to the future of this game and have truly enjoyed my time in this expansion.

8/10. If haven't before, pick up WoW and give it a go. I'm not kidding.
  37. Dec 18, 2013
    I don't understand why people are so hating this expansion. In my opinion its great. Maybe not that good as Wrath of the Lich King, or The Burning Crusade, but still. There are a lot of new content with every patch. Yea game became easy, but... who cares
  38. Feb 21, 2014
    At first I was put off by the entire idea of a Panda expansion for my World of Warcraft game. It felt too kiddish. However, after playing through the new areas of content I was blown away by the rich storytelling. This expansion was an improvement in quest design, class balance, and end-game content than what we saw in Cataclysm. Still ranking slightly behind Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK though.
  39. Jun 3, 2014
    4.x User score?? ...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is ... negatives. Yep 540 negatives and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing. Great game, best MMO. Vivala Blizz.
  40. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has so many features that it is like owning several games in one - player verses player, player verses environment, pet verses pet, players working as teams to accomplish goals.

Great graphics and back stories Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult

Great graphics and back stories

Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult and teenage children for years. This is an easy way to stay in touch and have fun together as a family.
  41. Oct 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really love this game, specially when they added the Flexible raid patch. I think that if they use this type of flexible raid technology blizzard can revamp old content to adjust according to player (character) character level. for instance, level 80 raid will not accept lower level players however, a level 80 player will not difference in the content. But when like now a level 90 or a 100 when WoD releases, if they enter a level 80 instance, the bosses with the flexible raid technology will adjust their Health difficulty so that players that are higher level would not easily browse through the level 80 content solo. I mean, I like to solo content, but being lonely all the time takes a toll on you, so I recommend this technology to fix the solo content problem that the game currently has. I give it a 10 because blizzard while they have their down side, they also strive in making vast game. While not spoiling the fun, I do currently play in WoD beta, and I love my garrison. It could be better but blizzard will get there eventually. Expand
  42. Dec 16, 2014
    Storyline: The storyline (questing) in WoD is written well. Your character is integral to the core plot moving forward with an importance it has never had before. Combine that with the use of "phasing" technology that makes permanent the changes you made to the open world environment as complicated as blocking a pass with boulders falling from a mountain above or as simple as justStoryline: The storyline (questing) in WoD is written well. Your character is integral to the core plot moving forward with an importance it has never had before. Combine that with the use of "phasing" technology that makes permanent the changes you made to the open world environment as complicated as blocking a pass with boulders falling from a mountain above or as simple as just removing a NPC that died in a quest you just completed and the immersion factor is better than ever before! Now add a liberal use of "cut-scenes" staring the core characters of Warcraft lore at critical and climatic points in the campaign which are so well written and produced that they pull on your emotions as strongly as any good movie scene and you have as excellent product you can create given today's technology, the ability to be played on nearly any machine, and the limitations inherent in creating a RPG content in a MMO environment. Bravo Blizzard! Expand
  43. Dec 27, 2015
    I gave 10 because this one made the best feelings for me. Soundtracks were awesome for me. Big patches brought really a lot of things and this expansion was all about lore. This was an excellent expansion. I would like to know how many people gave this 0 just because of new race "Pandaren" While it had best starting zone... okay best starting zone was for Worgen :).
  44. Jul 25, 2017
    my people hated this but really to me this was awesome the pandas were cool the daily's where a hassle and it was when i really started getting addicted to wow this was wow

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]