7.7

1. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  2. JudasG.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I honestly don't understand how anyone could give a rating of 0 or 1. The amount of love and detail Blizzard continues to put in to their product is astounding. And for all those who say that it should have been free: You already get more free content than is offered from 99% of other developers. Pony up the well-worth-it asking price or enjoy your sour grapes.
  3. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    The best game i ever see.I don't have words.This expansion is my favourite.I have 70 level gnome mage.I am good at battlegrounds and i never killed illidan stormrage.He is my favourite boss.Im playing on last wow.
  5. Sep 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, theBurning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, the architecture, the culture - everything - and they're the main reason I switched to the Horde. I enjoyed the addition of daily quests and dungeons that were rich in lore and provided a challenge that was worthy of the original game. Outlands was artfully done and I really enjoyed the inclusion of PvP in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, which hailed back to the Sithilus and the Eastern Plaguelands in Vanilla WoW. The Isle of Quel'Danas and the progression of its development via player participation, as well as the accompanying dungeons were one of the highlights of this expansion that I will always remember fondly. Burning Crusade was an expansion that maintained the spirit of the original MMO without altering it to the point where it was unrecognizable, as later expansions did. Though WOTLK gave us some fine additions such as Achievements that gave non-hardcore players an alternative way of enjoying the game, Burning Crusade maintained the challenge and magic of the game that I feel has been lost with each expansion that followed. Expand
  6. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  7. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Burning Crusade.. the first expansion. I remember I went offline in front of the Dark Portal so I can start off leveling immediately. When I went through it, I couldn't believe how much effort they had put in this expansion pack. The Graphics, NPCs, Quests (they finally had some kind of story-line), Dungeons were still really hard and Raids were for experienced players. I only got to Karazhan because it was actually that hard. The leveling itself was fun and still hard (something that can't be told for long). The professions were still hard to level ( I remember it cost me 1000 gold to get Jewelcrafting to 300). And thought the epic mount got cheaper ( I don't know if the normal got cheaper,too), but the flying mounts were really big efforts to get (normal was 1000g and epic was 5000g). This expansion pack's whole life-time was great. From Karazhan to Isle of Quel'Danas (this was my favorite part as it introduced the first kind of "phasing" and another chance to show off your teeth. By this I mean a Title that needed Exalted status and 1000 gold). This and Classic WoW were the 2 games that certainly worth the money you payed for their whole life-times. Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  9. PhillipM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    This is a fantastic game to play. I am personally a 62 Paladin and working my way into the higher ranks. The fact that theres tonnes of new things like abilities, races, talents, professions... the list goes on. Its probably not helpful to those not around the level 60 area, but for those who are, they're in for one heck of a journey!
  10. AngieW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Most wonderful addition to the game, the new Draenei race is the perfect Alliance addition.
  11. Nov 22, 2014
    Anybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect forAnybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect for nearly two years. Every aspect of the game was still a proper challenge for people with brains, it had been updated in all the appropriate ways and dungeons were hard so that people had to actually learn how to play and cooperate to get through them. In fact it rewarded teamwork, dedication and social abilities across the board, exactly like an MMORPG is supposed to.

Playing any other version of WoW than TBC is a flawed experience which is either too time consuming and poorly itemized or a poorly veiled insult to your intelligence. So what are you waiting for? Get cracking on that time machine immediately!
  12. Sep 12, 2012
    This was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to getThis was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to get them done efficiently. This was the last expansion to have a proper set of armour drop in dungeons. It gave people that do not raid something to aim for, it also gave the collectors and RPers an opportunity to grab some more nice gear for their collection. I probably should have stopped playing after this expansion, it was definitely a high point for Blizzard. The game has rapidly declined ever since. Expand
  13. Sep 29, 2012
    The burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired andThe burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired and respected because at the beginning only the good people could take it. Were introduced flying mounts, different types of raid, according to the difficulty not the same as it is now where it changes the loot.
    I omit something, for sure, because Blizzard was able to upload content to the end like Isle of Quel'Danas.Everyone regret those time
  14. TomH
    Jun 10, 2009
    i really wanted to give this game a 10 but 10/10 implies that it is perfect which it isnt there are people that say it takes too long to be good at this game these are people that lacked skill in the first place in order to reach high lvls on this game you need to have a good idea of what is the best place to go what quests not to waste your time on and what items best improve your class i really wanted to give this game a 10 but 10/10 implies that it is perfect which it isnt there are people that say it takes too long to be good at this game these are people that lacked skill in the first place in order to reach high lvls on this game you need to have a good idea of what is the best place to go what quests not to waste your time on and what items best improve your class you could play for 8 hours a day badly and lvl no fastert then someone who plays 1-2 hours a day well another thing people claim all quests are the same which while partially true if you really think about it they arent exactly the same as soon as your fighting different things its a different quests every mob-type in the game fights differently and the people that dont try and fight things well and just button bash there way through the game will find it boring people who say PvP is unbalanced are the people that were the wrong gear for there class have no concept of strategy and place thre talents in all the wrong areas im sorry but if thats the case you will get owned people said that lich king should have been first expansion but then what would be second expansion? if you put illidan after lich king that would mean illidan is stronger than the lich king which clearly he isnt blizzard are ordering there expansions so they get progressively harder. people who say wow costs too much are the only people i have seen who have a point activision-blizzzards turnover in the frist 3 months of 2009 was $998,000,000.00 so they can afford to make WoW cheaper Expand
  15. CrazyD.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Looks like they might have "fixed" their endgame and not made it about 20 hour raid craziness where guilds are required.
  16. DavidH.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Amazing new content! This is a must buy for the legions of WoW fans around the world. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
  17. Hyjal
    Jan 21, 2007
    L2P if you gave this less than a 8. This game pwns GW. The xp is fantastic. First set of quests are new and fresh. Most people will upgrade their gear within 3hrs of playing, unless you have full T2 or T3. And the quests let you make a TON of gold. I had made over 35g in 1hr via quests. This game was way worth the $$$. Thanks Blizzard for all your hard work and a great xp! Keep it up!
  18. LoganH.
    Jan 21, 2007
    Great story, ALOT of new content added, and the two new races are AMAZING! A MUST BUY IF YOU OWN World of Warcraft!
  19. ThornR.
    Feb 12, 2007
    After doing almost everything I could as a lvl 60 I am to be able to play this game. Now a lvl 70, I have so much more end game content to explore. This expansion was well worth the money and the wait.
  20. JamesP.
    Feb 19, 2007
    The depth of the quests in Shadowmoon Valley alone give this game an amazing feeling, this expansion is the better game of its predecessors, the new races come at a very good time and dungeons have become an excellent challenge, lag and stuff may sometimes be still an issue butthis still gets a 10 from me, not disappointed by 1 bit, this game is *EPIC*.
  21. KevinL.
    May 5, 2007
    World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is a excellent expansion, its almost a new game by itself. CONTRARY to other people who give it 0's or 1's, they must appreciate the wealth of monsters, quests, areas, people, npcs, items, dungeans, visuals, goals, and the all famous level 70 whos-gonna-get-there-first bragging rights. All in all, its a 9 becuase, technically, its the same World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is a excellent expansion, its almost a new game by itself. CONTRARY to other people who give it 0's or 1's, they must appreciate the wealth of monsters, quests, areas, people, npcs, items, dungeans, visuals, goals, and the all famous level 70 whos-gonna-get-there-first bragging rights. All in all, its a 9 becuase, technically, its the same game, only more. Sort of like getting 2 shirts. Both of em are shirts, but ones better. Kind of like Burning Crusade. Its like the reguler World of Warraft, only better. Expand
  22. TomE.
    Jan 17, 2007
    I've been playing WoW for a long time now, have several 60'd and a number of other various level characters. BC gives us players a chance to explore a TON of new content, or start new races. With Paladins for the Horde and Shamans for the Allaince we all now have to rethink how runs can be done. I love the new 25 man cap for raids, sinec it means mid-sized guilds now have a I've been playing WoW for a long time now, have several 60'd and a number of other various level characters. BC gives us players a chance to explore a TON of new content, or start new races. With Paladins for the Horde and Shamans for the Allaince we all now have to rethink how runs can be done. I love the new 25 man cap for raids, sinec it means mid-sized guilds now have a shot, not just the big hardcore ones. Expand
  23. JM
    Jan 18, 2007
    Loving this expansion pack so far. There is tons of new content for both the hard core and casual players alike. The new continent of Outland is expansive and very scenic, and the new quests are extremely well implemented. All told, a must buy for any WoW player. And if you hit level 60 and got bored (like many have, I'm sure), here's a reason to keep playing. A terrific expansion pack.
  24. AndrewC.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Great new content, awesome new races. A must buy for anybody who enjoys WOW, hardcore players and casual alike. Although plauged with the expected launch issues, give it a week or so, and it will be a whole new game to love.
  25. Melf
    Jan 18, 2007
    As a person who DINGed last around May 2005, this is a MUCH anticipated and loved expansion. The first few zones are very fun and the quests can be soloed and grouped without difficulty. Rep grinding is non existent and world pvp is back once again! Job well done!
    Jan 19, 2007
    If you aren't a WOW player, than this has no meaning to you, and Blizz told buyers from the start that it would cost money. sheiza. Great Game Expansion, Alliance FTW.
  27. MaxE.
    Jan 20, 2007
    I don't really understand, why some people are so negative towards The Burning Crusade. All in all it's a great expansion pack for a great MMORPG. There's lots of new and really interesting content: new territories to explore, new quests to complete, new spells to learn... it's definitely a must have for anyone, who loved WoW, even if it's not flawless (which I don't really understand, why some people are so negative towards The Burning Crusade. All in all it's a great expansion pack for a great MMORPG. There's lots of new and really interesting content: new territories to explore, new quests to complete, new spells to learn... it's definitely a must have for anyone, who loved WoW, even if it's not flawless (which it's not, of course). Expand
  28. JayS.
    Dec 6, 2007
    It speaks volumes that WoW's first expansion is a more enjoyable stand-alone experience than most MMORPGs' starting content. It's pretty hard to broach any single topic without starting an entire discussion. The music in the game, for example, continues to be outstanding; from the title theme that plays during the breathtaking cinematic introduction to the expansion, which It speaks volumes that WoW's first expansion is a more enjoyable stand-alone experience than most MMORPGs' starting content. It's pretty hard to broach any single topic without starting an entire discussion. The music in the game, for example, continues to be outstanding; from the title theme that plays during the breathtaking cinematic introduction to the expansion, which is ominous and thrilling, to the simultaneously enchanting and off-putting scores of the Blood Elves' homeland which culminate in a majestic battle-march in the capitol itself, Silvermoon, to the downbeat, dreamy tunes of the alien Zangarmarsh, Blizzard's audio work remains some of the most engrossing in the business, creating a truly immersive experience. It's far easier to talk about the things the expansion didn't do right. Those who weren't satisfied by the original game will not find any endearing qualities with the expansion, the intent of which, in retrospect, was clearly to supply the fanbase with more of the same old. The only radically new features are flying mounts and PVP Arenas, both of which have become incredibly popular (and staple) parts of the game for many. Character customization for the older races is still lacking, and fans look eagerly to the second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, to supply these things - but for some it might be too late. Still, these complaints are far too minor to compare to the expansion's numerous accomplishments, and the two new races combined with Outland will provide gamers with weeks upon weeks of engrossing content. Collapse
  29. aidonispanos
    Jan 27, 2007
    Perfect game for this kind..!!!!
  30. MicahM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    The Burning Crusade is everything an expansion should be. My only complaint is the relatively limited amount of content aimed toward casual and new players; the (admittedly ubiquitous) Blood Elf and (less appealing) Draenei starting zones force players into the "real Word of Warcraft" a bit too early without establishing enough genuine character of their own. All in all, though, a job The Burning Crusade is everything an expansion should be. My only complaint is the relatively limited amount of content aimed toward casual and new players; the (admittedly ubiquitous) Blood Elf and (less appealing) Draenei starting zones force players into the "real Word of Warcraft" a bit too early without establishing enough genuine character of their own. All in all, though, a job well done--and certainly leagues beyond its competitors. Expand
  31. SamG.
    Feb 16, 2007
    The best add on I have seen, the graphics are good and there is more to explore.
  32. SangyeJ.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Adds a wealth of new and exciting content. This is one monster of an expansion!
  33. fatdog
    Jan 14, 2008
    This game is great. I do admit that once you hit a certain level of gear (pretty much past Karazhan going into 25-mans) the amount of time and effort it takes to acquire a single upgrade (or in some cases a sidegrade) does seem to increase exponentially. However, its not a boring grind fest like some other reviewers are claiming.
    The reputation grinds are far from "same old boring
    The reputation grinds are far from "same old boring crap" as most instances give the required reputation (if you don't like instanced dungeons you may as well not play the game, as it is a huge part of the end game and the reason you gear up to begin with), with the exception of the Kurenai/Maghari(sp) reps, which yield items that aren't exactly necessary for the game, but are nice additions (a new epic ground mount, which you don't HAVE to have, some vendored gear which has similar counterparts elsewhere, etc). If you don't like instanced dungeons, there's always PVP battlegrounds that offer quite powerful epic gear.
    The variety in the new quests and overall content is a nice change to what was beginning to get old and really quite annoying (levels 50-60 are a pain. "Hey, welcome to Darnassus. Take this backpack to Suchandsuch in Nethergarde Keep" [NW corner of the world to SE corner of the world with no direct travel >.<]). Instances like Blackrock Depths are waaaaay too long for my taste, and the new instance dungeon formats of trash-trash-boss x3,4 or 5 are a nice. And finally, the inclusion of (now 2) 10 man raid instances allows smaller guilds to progress significantly (and effectively gear up) without making the 25 man guilds feel cheated.
  34. RyanD
    Sep 5, 2008
    An excellent first expansion for WOW. The two new races are a welcome addition for beginners and there is plenty of great high level content including the new world of Outland. Only flaw is that high level dungeons take an awfully long time to complete. You can still solo up to 70 though.
  35. HadynD.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Well done Blizzard. Great new content and the new realms have that epic big budget movie feel!
  36. DekothC.
    Jan 18, 2007
    If you look at past MMO's, this expansion is almost like two expansions in one, the two new races could have easily been separate from the new Outland continent; which is now easily one of the most awe-inspiring areas available in the game with unique quests, such as flying over forces of the Legion and dropping bombs from above. The blood elves look superb, giving the Horde a If you look at past MMO's, this expansion is almost like two expansions in one, the two new races could have easily been separate from the new Outland continent; which is now easily one of the most awe-inspiring areas available in the game with unique quests, such as flying over forces of the Legion and dropping bombs from above. The blood elves look superb, giving the Horde a 'pretty' race, and have wonderful new quests and zones. Its saddening to see users give this bad reviews without even looking into it. I'm having such a joy just to adventure around in new, unfamiliar lands. Expand
  37. RobT.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Excellent game, just like every other game blizz has ever made , I love the look and feel of outland so far,top job blizz. Also,if you are reviewing box art or objecting to Blizzards marketing go somewhere else, this is for judging a game based on its actual content.
  38. GaryS.
    Jan 19, 2007
    LOL, what is with all the bad reviews? Have you got a grudge against Blizzard or something. WoW is a really great game, the expansion is fantastic! If it is not your personal preference then fine, but don't insult people who do like it.
  39. TomR
    Jan 19, 2007
    Very well done. The art design kicks ass. A lot of design issues in raids / groups were addressed making more classes viable in more situations; And in general opening up the content to more people. Quests are well done for the most part. I've defineitely enjoyed the first 3 zones.

@ Joe Jok - Roflwaffle on ur face... Download around 8 bg's of stuff... Yeah, just think about how long it took you to download that much p0rn in your mom's basement *hands u a tissue*
  40. ChrisC.
    Oct 23, 2007
    The new races are fun to play, the questing is great, the plethora of new stuff to loot will beckon for hours, titillating in the spotlight as the players make their grabs; but the lore tie-ins and art design take the cake. The zones are massive and absolutely epic, beautiful and at the same time enormously deadly, instilling in the players a sense that this world was truly ripped apart The new races are fun to play, the questing is great, the plethora of new stuff to loot will beckon for hours, titillating in the spotlight as the players make their grabs; but the lore tie-ins and art design take the cake. The zones are massive and absolutely epic, beautiful and at the same time enormously deadly, instilling in the players a sense that this world was truly ripped apart by the most hated force in the entire universe, the Burning Legion. Encounters are epic, the items is fittingly themed with orbs of legendary energy and what-not, and that package is very solid. A must-have for WoW vets and those new to Azeroth; the demon-wracked plains of Draenor await. Expand
  41. Darkslayer
    Jan 29, 2007
    Lots to do, beautiful music, pretty much 0 bugs and server disconnects, Blizzard has delivered the goods with their latest expansion pack. While the graphics are aging, they remain stylish and clean. And yes, the quests can becoming boring after a while, but any fighting you do (esp from a Warlock's perspective) is challenging and fast paced. Plus, the game community (at least on my Lots to do, beautiful music, pretty much 0 bugs and server disconnects, Blizzard has delivered the goods with their latest expansion pack. While the graphics are aging, they remain stylish and clean. And yes, the quests can becoming boring after a while, but any fighting you do (esp from a Warlock's perspective) is challenging and fast paced. Plus, the game community (at least on my server) is very good. Lots of friendly players, very few a******s. Bottom line is; I'm not sure why so many endusers aren't that pleased with this expansion pack. Blizzard has given us WoW players everything we could want plus even more. Expand
  42. AndyC.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Simply awesome - if you like WoW you need to buy this!
  43. GeeMorin
    Apr 13, 2007
    So freakin addictive!
  44. AnneR.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Recently Blizzard added daily quests which assist the cash flow for those that do not have the time to put into the game. Also reducing the levelling time giving more experience, per quest and less experience required per quest as well. Both of these changes are significant for both the hardcore player and the casual player. No longer if you choose do you have to grind and grind to keep Recently Blizzard added daily quests which assist the cash flow for those that do not have the time to put into the game. Also reducing the levelling time giving more experience, per quest and less experience required per quest as well. Both of these changes are significant for both the hardcore player and the casual player. No longer if you choose do you have to grind and grind to keep up with playing the game :) The game for me has 3 stages, a levelling stage, questing improving your character to get to 70. At 70 I spend my time raiding, going to instances with 10 or 25 people, learning how to kill certain bosses. Sometimes taking a significant period of time. And for me the third stage is playing other classes, exploring all aspects of the game in my time off from playing my raiding 70. Raids are organized often by guild for specific times, usually in the evenings, so you can spend a few nights per week learning new bosses and annihilating known ones. For those with time restrictions the new daily's allow only 1-2 extra hours on top of this to get enough cash and materials to support a raiding character. Blizzard have given us choice in this game now. For me I am addicted. This game has many females playing it too. I am an over 50 yr old female who loves this game. The ageless, genderless, ethnicless wonderful world of Azeroth. Expand
  45. Dec 3, 2010
    Burning crusade was defintely a good expansion, the first time i played it i was like wow.. this is really great, a big step up from vanilla the fights in The Burning Crusade were rather fun, you had illidan that said 'You Are Not Prepared' You had outdoor bosses such as Doom Lord Kazzak, Doomwalker... this made certain areas fun... and Doom lord Kazzak was fun also when people tried toBurning crusade was defintely a good expansion, the first time i played it i was like wow.. this is really great, a big step up from vanilla the fights in The Burning Crusade were rather fun, you had illidan that said 'You Are Not Prepared' You had outdoor bosses such as Doom Lord Kazzak, Doomwalker... this made certain areas fun... and Doom lord Kazzak was fun also when people tried to kill him i'd fly down and get killed repeadtly so he would heal and eventully wipe the raid, for me Burning Crusade was much better than wrath... Burning Crusade has Cool pvp sets, it had many fun raids, and heroic dungoens. and those dungeons were rather hard.. the amount of skill needed for these dungoens was awsome and how much you needed to think about what was happening in the fight, if your group wasn't good enough then you'd never even reach the 1st boss.. that's what i miss most about the game. i give this game a rating of 9/10 Expand
  46. Dec 22, 2011
    Best expansion by far. It had the most original raid content, difficult instances and plenty to do. Sure it was grindy, but this entire game is -- it's an MMO!
  47. JnD
    Oct 2, 2011
    This isn't the most helpful review, but as most others said TBC was the pinnacle of what WoW had to offer. I'm not sure why, but the developers made some drastic, and in my opinion negative changes to the game, and it's never been able to rebound from the first wave of Wrath content.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Best expansion ever but sadly and the end of it Blizz started to cater to bad players (free sunwell quality epix and Sunwell nerf so u could one shot every boss even Kil Jaeden). But neverthenless untill Sunwell this game was at it's prime, HARD 5man heroics, progressive raids so u had to actualy start from Kara to get to Tempest Keep and then Hyjal. Shame Blizz doesn't follow this styleBest expansion ever but sadly and the end of it Blizz started to cater to bad players (free sunwell quality epix and Sunwell nerf so u could one shot every boss even Kil Jaeden). But neverthenless untill Sunwell this game was at it's prime, HARD 5man heroics, progressive raids so u had to actualy start from Kara to get to Tempest Keep and then Hyjal. Shame Blizz doesn't follow this style of design anymore. Expand
  49. Jan 1, 2012
    I found this to be the last real good addon for Wow since it only increased the size of the game but left everything else untouched. Meaning for example general game orientation towards target groups and game balance were left the same like in classic wow.

The new zones and instances were well designed und fun to play.
  50. Jan 28, 2012
    Leveling from 60 to 70 was amazing but end game was broken until first major patch. Still I have a lot of good memories from this expansion. Too bad today experience is so much boosted that you just skyrocket to level 70 and do not experience story of this expansion.
  51. Jun 10, 2012
    Of the 3 expansions so far, I feel that this is the best one by far. The dranei and the Blood Elves fit into the game well and are fun to play as. I also enjoyed the new area and the new factions. However, the new areas added were very devoid of players.
  52. Jul 30, 2012
    "this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had." I quoted becaus it was my exact opinion
  53. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Burning Crusade was the first expansion for World of Warcraft and also my favourite expansion. Going through the Dark Portal on release day and seeing Horde and Alliance team up to battle against giant Demon-like creatures was an epic experience. Running 5 mans with my guildies and just winging it not knowing what to expect around each and every next corner was really fun that day. The different zones in Outland all had a really different look and feel to the original WoW continents. Most of them looked like alien landscapes with demonic and/or alien looking creatures in them. Nagland looked like a beautiful ancient landscape before most it had been touched by mankind. Everything was new and different and this made it a very exciting expansion. Karazhan, the entry level 10 man instance was a very fun place. In fact to this day some of my guildies like to go back and run it with no gear on just for fun of it. SSC was also really different, an underground cave system with water and elite murlocs, omg how I hated murlocs while leveling lol, and here we found epic ones that we needed to kill. TK was very futuristic looking and did not look like any of the other raids either. Black Temple was kind of meh looking but this was the prime of my raiding career in WoW so I was loving every minute of it. I was in a great semi-casual raiding guild (in those days we raided 17 hours per week spanning 4 nights, and yes back then that was semi-casual lol). We managed to kill Illidan a couple of times just before the next expansion, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

In those days, the amount of trash you had to kill was excessive in both the 5 man instances and in the raids. Also, if you did not clear a raid during the week it reset completely, there was no way to start from where you left off like you can do now which make progression really hard if you were stuck on a particular boss (which my guild often was for a few weeks). But overall my memories of this expansion were of it being my best times in WoW so I have to give this expansion a 10.
  54. Jul 29, 2013
    I actually liked the Burning Crusade a bit more or about just the same as the first version. It was a cool game before the 3d version (Lich King) was released..
  55. Jul 12, 2013
    TBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesomeTBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesome and all the zones are just amazingly well-done. The new races are my favorite of the whole game, the new instances AND raids were both challenging and memorable, and the addition of arena made the game ridiculously fun. WoW would never again reach the high point of TBC as every expansion afterwards was worse and worse (altho still pretty good). Expand
  56. Apr 17, 2013
    A lot of sequels and expansions fall short, because it is just of the same old thing. Maybe that is exactly what BC is considering it just added more of the same thing. Vanilla WOW is clearly the best, but this expansion took it even further. All of vanilla WOW's potential was made active through this new set of dungeons, far bigger raids, and more factions and rewards. The world trulyA lot of sequels and expansions fall short, because it is just of the same old thing. Maybe that is exactly what BC is considering it just added more of the same thing. Vanilla WOW is clearly the best, but this expansion took it even further. All of vanilla WOW's potential was made active through this new set of dungeons, far bigger raids, and more factions and rewards. The world truly came to life, and the things you did really impacted what happened around the fantasy world. Expand
  57. Jun 15, 2013
    WoW was at it's peak at TBC PvP was most balanced at the time & Karazhan was fun as and pve content was good overall.
    Armors looked nice & not like the looks we got these days. thank god for transmog )

Rip wow MOP was truly most worst expansion so far.
  58. Apr 6, 2014
    Just a best WoW expansion. Best raids, best PvP balance. There was no LFR, and people were more sociable. Outland was astonishing and beautiful. Too sad after this WoW has become degraded
  59. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  60. Jan 11, 2014
    Best of all add-ons. In my opinion, version 2.4.3 was the heyday of the universe WoW, but then went for the worse ... It is a pity that everything is as it turns out now.
  61. Feb 21, 2014
    Out of all the expansions, The Burning Crusade has always been my favorite. I still get waves of memories when I walk through the burning portal and step into the vast expance that is Hellfire Peninsula.
  62. Jun 5, 2014
    I had the most fun in wow during this expansion. It was much harder than the original and felt more rewarding. PVP was great with the introduction of areas, heroic mode instances and some of the best raids of all time!
  63. Aug 6, 2014
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is an amazing expansion to World of Warcraft. My favourite thing about the game is the environment, it's incredible. To get to the Outlands from Azeroth is through a portal in the Blasted Lands. Once I got through the portal, it was such a breathtaking sight. The surrounding scenery is about ten times bigger than normal things, there are elites thatWorld of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is an amazing expansion to World of Warcraft. My favourite thing about the game is the environment, it's incredible. To get to the Outlands from Azeroth is through a portal in the Blasted Lands. Once I got through the portal, it was such a breathtaking sight. The surrounding scenery is about ten times bigger than normal things, there are elites that are huge that roam around the landscape, and the land itself is quite exotic. This is throughout the whole Outlands and it's an exhilarating experience wondering if one of those giant elites will spot you and come for you. The quests are average as expected, the dungeons are pretty good, and there are some PvP areas that can be fun. The new Alliance race, Draenei, have been introduce. The males are decent looking, but I think the females are kind of ugly. The new Horde race, Blood Elves, are a pretty cool race and are my first choice for the faction. It's a great expansion and it's one that needs to be fully explored Expand
  64. Jan 6, 2015
    The Burning Crusade is by far the best expansion Blizzard ever released. Perfect quests, raids, beautiful zones, nice leveling.

And not to forget beautiful instances like Mechanaar and Botanica. Mmmm, yummy! :)

1. New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
  3. Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.