7.9

1. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    It was fun when it came out. For some players it was the golden age of WoW. Sadly this part of Wow didn't age well. And this is the part where writers started to change lore and characters. But I remember it too fondly to give it anything less than 8.
  3. JudasG.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I honestly don't understand how anyone could give a rating of 0 or 1. The amount of love and detail Blizzard continues to put in to their product is astounding. And for all those who say that it should have been free: You already get more free content than is offered from 99% of other developers. Pony up the well-worth-it asking price or enjoy your sour grapes.
  4. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    The best game i ever see.I don't have words.This expansion is my favourite.I have 70 level gnome mage.I am good at battlegrounds and i never killed illidan stormrage.He is my favourite boss.Im playing on last wow.
  6. Sep 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, theBurning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, the architecture, the culture - everything - and they're the main reason I switched to the Horde. I enjoyed the addition of daily quests and dungeons that were rich in lore and provided a challenge that was worthy of the original game. Outlands was artfully done and I really enjoyed the inclusion of PvP in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, which hailed back to the Sithilus and the Eastern Plaguelands in Vanilla WoW. The Isle of Quel'Danas and the progression of its development via player participation, as well as the accompanying dungeons were one of the highlights of this expansion that I will always remember fondly. Burning Crusade was an expansion that maintained the spirit of the original MMO without altering it to the point where it was unrecognizable, as later expansions did. Though WOTLK gave us some fine additions such as Achievements that gave non-hardcore players an alternative way of enjoying the game, Burning Crusade maintained the challenge and magic of the game that I feel has been lost with each expansion that followed. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2013
    TBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesomeTBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesome and all the zones are just amazingly well-done. The new races are my favorite of the whole game, the new instances AND raids were both challenging and memorable, and the addition of arena made the game ridiculously fun. WoW would never again reach the high point of TBC as every expansion afterwards was worse and worse (altho still pretty good). Expand
  8. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  9. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Burning Crusade.. the first expansion. I remember I went offline in front of the Dark Portal so I can start off leveling immediately. When I went through it, I couldn't believe how much effort they had put in this expansion pack. The Graphics, NPCs, Quests (they finally had some kind of story-line), Dungeons were still really hard and Raids were for experienced players. I only got to Karazhan because it was actually that hard. The leveling itself was fun and still hard (something that can't be told for long). The professions were still hard to level ( I remember it cost me 1000 gold to get Jewelcrafting to 300). And thought the epic mount got cheaper ( I don't know if the normal got cheaper,too), but the flying mounts were really big efforts to get (normal was 1000g and epic was 5000g). This expansion pack's whole life-time was great. From Karazhan to Isle of Quel'Danas (this was my favorite part as it introduced the first kind of "phasing" and another chance to show off your teeth. By this I mean a Title that needed Exalted status and 1000 gold). This and Classic WoW were the 2 games that certainly worth the money you payed for their whole life-times. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  11. PhillipM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    This is a fantastic game to play. I am personally a 62 Paladin and working my way into the higher ranks. The fact that theres tonnes of new things like abilities, races, talents, professions... the list goes on. Its probably not helpful to those not around the level 60 area, but for those who are, they're in for one heck of a journey!
  12. AngieW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Most wonderful addition to the game, the new Draenei race is the perfect Alliance addition.
  13. Nov 22, 2014
    Anybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect forAnybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect for nearly two years. Every aspect of the game was still a proper challenge for people with brains, it had been updated in all the appropriate ways and dungeons were hard so that people had to actually learn how to play and cooperate to get through them. In fact it rewarded teamwork, dedication and social abilities across the board, exactly like an MMORPG is supposed to.

Playing any other version of WoW than TBC is a flawed experience which is either too time consuming and poorly itemized or a poorly veiled insult to your intelligence. So what are you waiting for? Get cracking on that time machine immediately!
  14. Feb 13, 2012
    I joined in the midst of the BC expansion so a comparison to Vanilla would be impossible.
    I remember trying to level up, it was hard at the time and by the time i was leveling everyone else was in the 70's doing HC's, Raiding and PVP'ing.
    It is not the game you want to play if you are a hermit, despite what people may think, it's a very social game in which players must coordinate in many situations and friendships are built in your guilds.
    Kara, Sunwell Plateu, The Black Temple... FANTASTIC!
  15. Sep 12, 2012
    This was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to getThis was the only good expansion for World of Warcraft. When The Burning Crusade ended, an era of free epixx and general pandering to bad players began. TBC got a lot of things spot on. The instances were fun, and large enough that they took some time to go through them. Heroic difficulty was how you expect (particularly at the start of the expac) i.e, takes brains and skill to get them done efficiently. This was the last expansion to have a proper set of armour drop in dungeons. It gave people that do not raid something to aim for, it also gave the collectors and RPers an opportunity to grab some more nice gear for their collection. I probably should have stopped playing after this expansion, it was definitely a high point for Blizzard. The game has rapidly declined ever since. Expand
  16. Sep 29, 2012
    The burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired andThe burning crusade expansion was perfect. Everything had been done with the intention of satisfying the customer; was balanced in every aspect. Pve really had varying degrees of difficulty, in a heroic a failure of any player or miss cc compromised the pull, but in the end the satisfaction was the real prize; Side PvP arenas were introduced, someone with new armor were admired and respected because at the beginning only the good people could take it. Were introduced flying mounts, different types of raid, according to the difficulty not the same as it is now where it changes the loot.
    I omit something, for sure, because Blizzard was able to upload content to the end like Isle of Quel'Danas.Everyone regret those time
  17. TomH
    Jun 10, 2009
    i really wanted to give this game a 10 but 10/10 implies that it is perfect which it isnt there are people that say it takes too long to be good at this game these are people that lacked skill in the first place in order to reach high lvls on this game you need to have a good idea of what is the best place to go what quests not to waste your time on and what items best improve your class i really wanted to give this game a 10 but 10/10 implies that it is perfect which it isnt there are people that say it takes too long to be good at this game these are people that lacked skill in the first place in order to reach high lvls on this game you need to have a good idea of what is the best place to go what quests not to waste your time on and what items best improve your class you could play for 8 hours a day badly and lvl no fastert then someone who plays 1-2 hours a day well another thing people claim all quests are the same which while partially true if you really think about it they arent exactly the same as soon as your fighting different things its a different quests every mob-type in the game fights differently and the people that dont try and fight things well and just button bash there way through the game will find it boring people who say PvP is unbalanced are the people that were the wrong gear for there class have no concept of strategy and place thre talents in all the wrong areas im sorry but if thats the case you will get owned people said that lich king should have been first expansion but then what would be second expansion? if you put illidan after lich king that would mean illidan is stronger than the lich king which clearly he isnt blizzard are ordering there expansions so they get progressively harder. people who say wow costs too much are the only people i have seen who have a point activision-blizzzards turnover in the frist 3 months of 2009 was $998,000,000.00 so they can afford to make WoW cheaper Expand
  18. JackB
    Aug 8, 2008
    Okey 1. those who doesen't like this game can leave bye bye no one will miss you(seriously). 2. yes this game isin't all that perfect but it is better than many other games imo. If you grind 1-60 yes it can be boring but that just shows how stupid you are (those yellow markers above npc's head means that they have a quest for you) Then there are so much more than just Okey 1. those who doesen't like this game can leave bye bye no one will miss you(seriously). 2. yes this game isin't all that perfect but it is better than many other games imo. If you grind 1-60 yes it can be boring but that just shows how stupid you are (those yellow markers above npc's head means that they have a quest for you) Then there are so much more than just killing mobs there's q that requires you to gather herbs and stuff, need to bomb something, visit somewhere and many other kind of quest's. I know it takes time to level from 1-70 but you don't have deadline to it. And read the quest they often have pretty interesting storyline to tell you. It's okay if you don't agree with me but don't cry about it .And last but not least if WoW was a free MMO(RPG) it wouldn't have as much content than it now has. PS. Guild Wars bah ! you must be joking right ? Expand
  19. CrazyD.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Looks like they might have "fixed" their endgame and not made it about 20 hour raid craziness where guilds are required.
  20. DavidH.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Amazing new content! This is a must buy for the legions of WoW fans around the world. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
  21. Hyjal
    Jan 21, 2007
    L2P if you gave this less than a 8. This game pwns GW. The xp is fantastic. First set of quests are new and fresh. Most people will upgrade their gear within 3hrs of playing, unless you have full T2 or T3. And the quests let you make a TON of gold. I had made over 35g in 1hr via quests. This game was way worth the $$$. Thanks Blizzard for all your hard work and a great xp! Keep it up!
  22. LoganH.
    Jan 21, 2007
    Great story, ALOT of new content added, and the two new races are AMAZING! A MUST BUY IF YOU OWN World of Warcraft!
  23. ThornR.
    Feb 12, 2007
    After doing almost everything I could as a lvl 60 I am to be able to play this game. Now a lvl 70, I have so much more end game content to explore. This expansion was well worth the money and the wait.
  24. JamesP.
    Feb 19, 2007
    The depth of the quests in Shadowmoon Valley alone give this game an amazing feeling, this expansion is the better game of its predecessors, the new races come at a very good time and dungeons have become an excellent challenge, lag and stuff may sometimes be still an issue butthis still gets a 10 from me, not disappointed by 1 bit, this game is *EPIC*.
  25. KevinL.
    May 5, 2007
    World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is a excellent expansion, its almost a new game by itself. CONTRARY to other people who give it 0's or 1's, they must appreciate the wealth of monsters, quests, areas, people, npcs, items, dungeans, visuals, goals, and the all famous level 70 whos-gonna-get-there-first bragging rights. All in all, its a 9 becuase, technically, its the same World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is a excellent expansion, its almost a new game by itself. CONTRARY to other people who give it 0's or 1's, they must appreciate the wealth of monsters, quests, areas, people, npcs, items, dungeans, visuals, goals, and the all famous level 70 whos-gonna-get-there-first bragging rights. All in all, its a 9 becuase, technically, its the same game, only more. Sort of like getting 2 shirts. Both of em are shirts, but ones better. Kind of like Burning Crusade. Its like the reguler World of Warraft, only better. Expand
  26. TomE.
    Jan 17, 2007
    I've been playing WoW for a long time now, have several 60'd and a number of other various level characters. BC gives us players a chance to explore a TON of new content, or start new races. With Paladins for the Horde and Shamans for the Allaince we all now have to rethink how runs can be done. I love the new 25 man cap for raids, sinec it means mid-sized guilds now have a I've been playing WoW for a long time now, have several 60'd and a number of other various level characters. BC gives us players a chance to explore a TON of new content, or start new races. With Paladins for the Horde and Shamans for the Allaince we all now have to rethink how runs can be done. I love the new 25 man cap for raids, sinec it means mid-sized guilds now have a shot, not just the big hardcore ones. Expand
  27. JM
    Jan 18, 2007
    Loving this expansion pack so far. There is tons of new content for both the hard core and casual players alike. The new continent of Outland is expansive and very scenic, and the new quests are extremely well implemented. All told, a must buy for any WoW player. And if you hit level 60 and got bored (like many have, I'm sure), here's a reason to keep playing. A terrific expansion pack.
  28. AndrewC.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Great new content, awesome new races. A must buy for anybody who enjoys WOW, hardcore players and casual alike. Although plauged with the expected launch issues, give it a week or so, and it will be a whole new game to love.
  29. Melf
    Jan 18, 2007
    As a person who DINGed last around May 2005, this is a MUCH anticipated and loved expansion. The first few zones are very fun and the quests can be soloed and grouped without difficulty. Rep grinding is non existent and world pvp is back once again! Job well done!
    Jan 19, 2007
    If you aren't a WOW player, than this has no meaning to you, and Blizz told buyers from the start that it would cost money. sheiza. Great Game Expansion, Alliance FTW.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
    Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.