- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Release Date: Nov 13, 2014
- Summary: To scrap with the greatest army Draenor has ever known, you will need your own forces and your own fortress. Build a mighty garrison: an enduring home base integrated seamlessly with the world, not a hiding place far from the tumult. Customize it with functional structures like farms,To scrap with the greatest army Draenor has ever known, you will need your own forces and your own fortress. Build a mighty garrison: an enduring home base integrated seamlessly with the world, not a hiding place far from the tumult. Customize it with functional structures like farms, stables, armories, workshops and more. Lay down trade routes and unlock new quests, gear and pets to support your war for Draenor. Recruit stalwart followers to man your base, and send them to loot dungeons, fulfill missions, and craft items, even if you’re offline. Tame a deadly realm, and build an unbreakable monument to victory.… Expand
Dec 25, 2014Seriously people, do not ever listen to any negative rating of this game.. People who had bug issues at the launch and did not erase them madeSeriously people, do not ever listen to any negative rating of this game.. People who had bug issues at the launch and did not erase them made these ones or without any credibity, who loves WoW and praises it know.. That this expasion is a beast literally a masterpiece.. Yes, WoW the best MMORPG and saga ever made is back.… Expand
Nov 14, 2014This expansion is great. Blizzard can't make everyone happy, and it's sad to see that the majority of bad reviews is due to the server issues.This expansion is great. Blizzard can't make everyone happy, and it's sad to see that the majority of bad reviews is due to the server issues. Sure, it's irritating, but life goes on and the issues will be solved like they always are. The game has a good amount of new content, and if you don't go crazy and play it for a day straight blasting through everything and not taking time to admire and enjoy it all, it's going to go by quick and you won't be left with anything. Even if this does not live up to someone's expectations, it DEFINETLY does not deserve a score of 0. This is a GAME, not a life or death situation. You can have an opinion, but there is no need to jump to extremes and flip a cow about it all.
Good job Blizzard, this game is 10 years old now and it still has a large player base and can keep so many of us entertained for hours! 10 out of 10 from me :)… Expand
Nov 20, 2014I changed my initial 2/10 to a perfect 10. Now that the glitches are away, this game is simply the BEST WOW since Vanilla.
Quests are crazyI changed my initial 2/10 to a perfect 10. Now that the glitches are away, this game is simply the BEST WOW since Vanilla.
Quests are crazy dynamic, Challenge is back. The art is stunning, the music is awesome and quite frankly I don't know any other game that took me by surprise as this one,... except perhaps Vanilla WOW...
Good God what changes Blizzard has made.… Expand
Nov 13, 2014The game looks great, what I've played has been brilliant but it would be great to be able to play the server stability is horrendous after 10The game looks great, what I've played has been brilliant but it would be great to be able to play the server stability is horrendous after 10 years of experience they still haven't learnt how to handle the influx of players at the beginning of new expansions.
For a company that's been raking in over 70 million a month(on this game alone) you'd think they'd be able to manage these issues. "money can't fix all problems" some people say and they are right but spending some money on overflow servers like Guild Wars did would have been a great start. It's a shame really as I'm sure this expansion will be great but as usual Blizzard have screwed up another release of a game.… Expand
Nov 29, 2014Since the announcement of WoD i was so eager to play it as soon as possible since it looked like Blizzard have decided to bring back theSince the announcement of WoD i was so eager to play it as soon as possible since it looked like Blizzard have decided to bring back the original lore. Blizzard invested so much in getting more new players and bringing back old players and told everyone to be there when WoD expansion starts. Well, i was one of those people waiting online for the moment WoD gets activated but guess what, the moment WoD got activated Blizzard servers weren't there for people to play, they just went down!
Now to move on to the expansion itself. The game play experience has been made more linear and easier. There is no more originality to the game. For example dwarf used to dwell in the mountains, night elves in the forst and so on but no more. For example every alliance race get the same garrison that looks like human structures. To be brief here is what i think about WoD so far:
- The lore has come back, no more Pandas
- Nice environmental visuals and details
- Very bad launch experience, WoD being unplayable for at least 5 days and high waiting queues and random dropouts after that
- Racial traits and in game visuals related to each race are gone making it pointless which race you have chosen, for example every alliance race gets the same "Human Base Looking" garrison
- Character game-play has been dumbed so much there is hardly any complexity to it. All different character types feel the same having 2-4 key rotations.
- Quests are linear and no fun, plus having the new quest guide system you hardly need to read what the quest is about.
- Professions are completely destroyed, nothing like they used to be. They are now all the same, using single materials and high daily cooldowns. They are even more pointless during leveling your char.
- No central towns in Draenor like Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Shattrath and etc... You just get a garrison which only you and some mindless NPCs are walking around.
- Everything is so tied to garrisons making the game experience much like browser-based or cellphone games. I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing "Clash of Clans" instead of World of Warcraft.
- Guild leveling is gone as well as many guild perks. Another hit to the social aspect of the game.
Imho fun comes from learning new stuff (which comes with complexity), socializing and having freedom of action. WoW used to have them but Blizzard decided to take them away beginning from Cataclysm. TBC was the best expansion and will remain to do so. WoD is nothing compared to TBC with its awful game experience. It looks like Blizzard is deliberately destroying WoW's game experience or their game design team is very incompetent and lacking when it comes to creativity but Blizzard doesn't care. Either way the current expansion, Warlords of Draenor, is the worst ever. With Blizzard announcing that they are going to release an expansion each year, i doubt that WoW will get any better soon if ever.… Expand
May 3, 2015I really enjoyed the PvE content, especially leveling from Level 90 to 100, because it's really good in this regard. The story is interesting,I really enjoyed the PvE content, especially leveling from Level 90 to 100, because it's really good in this regard. The story is interesting, the zones are varied, the soundtrack is great, quests are really decent and also varied, etc.
But then I started to PvP (Player versus Player), because that's what I'm mostly interested in, and oh god... There is imbalance everywhere! There's no matchmaking in unrated PvP although there are: Abysmal gear differences? Check. Number of heal differences? Check. Class combination differences? Check. Premade group differences? (10 people playing coordinated with TeamSpeak against 10 random people) Check. Buffing/nerfing the wrong classes? Check. Skill differences? Check.
PvP is still very fun at its core, but it's just uber frustrating to loose match after match while your skill, tactic and teamwork means nothing due to an superior enemy team. What's even worse is that the developers are ignoring the community feedback entirely and there has been no new PvP content except Ashran (which mostly sucks anyway) for ages.
Nope. Just nope.… Expand
Nov 16, 2014Pure cashgrab. Less and less content with every expansion. Quality is getting worse and worse, even though it was never really that high,Pure cashgrab. Less and less content with every expansion. Quality is getting worse and worse, even though it was never really that high, especially with the new mmos that set the bar just to high.
Warlords of Draenor is a good mmo for 2004, sadly it's terrible for 2014.… Expand
- (178 views)