5.8

1. Dec 9, 2011
    You may say "Go easy on this game, it's the first of its kind, where else are you going to get an RTS set in WWI?" but no, it just sucks, and I don't hesitate to say it's one of the worst games I personally have played. The inferiority of this game to superior rts games set in WWII is astounding. It's based off the Cossacks engine, and by that I mean it's copy and paste. Literally there isYou may say "Go easy on this game, it's the first of its kind, where else are you going to get an RTS set in WWI?" but no, it just sucks, and I don't hesitate to say it's one of the worst games I personally have played. The inferiority of this game to superior rts games set in WWII is astounding. It's based off the Cossacks engine, and by that I mean it's copy and paste. Literally there is no difference between this and Age of Empires style gameplay, except this is far worse. Pathetic AI, no trenches, building models and units that are only cosmetically different, extreme lack of realism (poping the archer out of the archer hut style gameplay,) ineffectiveness of any type of tactical nowhow, and confounding all these issues, the scale. This game is just too big. The most units that can be fighting in any of WWI's huge maps is 50,000, yet I only managed to get up to about 10,000 in my army in one of my battles vs the comp, and even at that scale it's unforgiving. Thousands of men can be mown down in seconds, and with such huge armies, the only thing you can really do is put the "Military Advisor" on to let the Comp take care of the army and focus on the economy. Likewise, economy is equally impossible to micromanage, and any attempt to do either without the comp will result in your quick defeat. It's lucky this game can play itself, because I didn't have the patience to sit though the entirety of these battles, which can go on for hours. Avoid this game at all costs, a war that killed 17,000,000 people deserves more justice than this piece of crap. critics are absolutely right. Expand

The Entente is a fairly big game with dozens of missions to complete, so if it turns out you like it, you may spend several weeks churning out all possible opportunities that this game has to offer.
  2. Everything from the AI to the interface to the laughably inappropriate resource system is basic. Admittedly, there are thousands of troops to command, but controlling them is a nightmare and the whole experience is best forgotten. [PC Zone]
  3. Sadly, like the war it's based on, WWI: The Great War is an exercise in madness, frustration, helplessness, and human folly. This is a mess of a real-time strategy game.