- Summary: In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come. The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...… Collapse
Positive: 0 out of 24
Mixed: 0 out of 24
Negative: 24 out of 24
Nov 17, 2013Just play 3-5 hours before posting a comment Some people here don't realy understand that X-rebirth is a HUUUGE game with a HUUUGE tutorial and need time to be domesticated. I put 10 to increase the general rate. Objectively for now 8... But 9 or 10 once bug ll be fixed!… Expand
Nov 25, 2013Up to this point and +30 hours of play, I have enjoyed this game. The atmosphere and space world graphics are very impressive. The highways are very well thought out, removing the need for SETA which actually was a good decision. I really enjoyed discovering new sectors than any other game of the X series.
The fighting mechanics have improved maybe a bit too easy, but its hard to balance such a complex game with little player feedback.
Disappointed that the game is still far to buggy and still crashes, though frame rates are very good for quad core cpu 2.8.ghz. I am sure knowing what the developers did with previous releases this will be a great game.… Expand
Nov 16, 2013The game is just lacking compared to the older ones. Theres also a lot of bugs, some gamebreaking (e.g. unable to progress with missions). The FPS content just seems pointless and cheaply done (theres about 3-4 different areas and character types that are re-used everywhere) theres only 1 flyable ship, the map makes no sense and the UI is awful, capships sometimes clip right through stations instead of flying around, You don't seem to have much control over your fleet of NPC ships.
If you want a good X game buy of of the previous ones. Even if this one gets fixed it's not great.… Expand
Dec 12, 2013Hey, it's more accessible than earlier X titles!
...which would be nice if it ran at more than ten frames per second on high end systems.
The performance is a bloody atrocity. A machine that can giggle its way through Assassin's Creed IV should NOT be showstopped by this game. It's pretty, but it's not THAT pretty, particularly at minimum bloody settings.… Expand
Dec 3, 2013Having been a big fan of the X franchise since X2 i was really looking forward to X Rebirth.
Like so many others i was horrified when the game was finally released. Egosoft have a reputation for releasing buggy games and they do. But this was a new low.
The game was in fact so buggy that it felt like playing a beta. That you paid full price for.
Well lets list the Pros and Cons.
- The game engine, even if it is slightly buggy and have issues with high end hardware, looks really great in space.
- They introduced NPCs that you can hire to work for you. Like ship captains, pilots etc. Good idea.
- Game breaking bugs. Trade in the universe doesnt work, the plot has several missions with issues. I could go on, but trust me when i say its buggy and it wont be easily fixed anytime soon. Maybe 3-6 months down the road. Maybe.
- Time sinks have been introduced. You have no SETA (which was an option to speed up time greatly in the previous X games) anymore. So its manually flying around, taking "highways" with a pointless mini game to get your speed up. You have to land on stations and walk around to talk to NPCs that you need for the plot line as well as hiring new NPCs to work for you.
- They removed the radar (gravidar)
- The UI is even worse now than in previous X games
- The way you have to order your ships around is mind numbingly broken and non existant.
- You can only pilot 1 ship and this is the ship you start in.
I could go on, but i think this will suffice for now.
So in essence: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Egosoft have been making a fool of everyone that pre ordered. They are not to be trusted to actually fix this travesty of a game.… Expand
May 20, 2014X Rebirth? More like X Stillbirth. This isn't a game, it's a waste of your money. Technically the game is horrid, grinding to 10-15fps on high end machines. Gameplay-wise the game is horrid with early 2000's style wooden npcs and horrific off-ship play. Did I mention the bugs? You'll spend more time trying to figure out how to work around bugs than you will actually playing the game.
If you want an X game go play X3 TC. This is digital garbage, not an X game.
If, however, slamming your dick in a car door for an afternoon sounds appealing then this just might be the game for you.… Expand
Nov 16, 2013Rated 0. Simply because they released a game they knew were so badly bugged. Just playing the first 20min, you come across bugs that the first bug tester would have seen. It has nothing to do with drivers or hardware, but clearly a lack of testing of any kind. The developers put alot of pride into the fact, that they used 7 years to make this game. Still they fail to correct the same bugs the previous games had. Menu system are a total mess, just like previous X games. And now it shows they are aiming at consoles. Thank god i didn't waste 50€ on this!… Expand