- Summary: In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old,In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come. The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...… Collapse
Positive: 0 out of 24
Mixed: 0 out of 24
Negative: 24 out of 24
Mar 5, 2015I pre ordered this game and it was disappointing when it had a lot of glitches. The X series has been my favorite since X-Beyond. I knew theI pre ordered this game and it was disappointing when it had a lot of glitches. The X series has been my favorite since X-Beyond. I knew the old games backwards and the new one was alien. I have since grown to love the game. The developers have been patching / fixing / improving the whole time and it's now a great game.
Looking forward to the next installation.… Expand
Nov 16, 2013After seeing all the very low zero's in the user reviews I just wanted to write my own review to show a more realistic rating on this game.After seeing all the very low zero's in the user reviews I just wanted to write my own review to show a more realistic rating on this game. I've played for about 5 hours now and it's not a superb game, but it's also not bad I would give it a 7.5 but because of the fact it must have a 7 or an 8 and with all the extemely low ratings so far I'm going with an 8 for a bit of a balance :)
In space everything is just gorgeous and full of detail and I'm not even running on the highest settings, since my pc is already a couple of years old. Inside the stations it is pretty oke but just not up to the standards set by the space enviroments. The biggest problem that ruins the submersion into the game are the animations of the characters spend some more time on them and it would help a lot.
Controles 8/10 (For controller use)
I have connected my xbox controller and using that the most right now. At first the response of the right stick was WAY to high but after some tweaking that was fixed. It took a little bit of getting used to the several controls in the beginning and walking around is still a little bit awkward. But all in all I have no problems with it. But I have not spend a lot of time on the mouse and keyboard yet and since a lot of problems I read on here are about the keyboard and mouse controls my score might be a big higher
User Interface 7/10
The user interface has indeed been streamlined and although a lot of people are complaining about the new menu I think it all just a matter of getting used to it. Of course it is different from the old games and ofcourse that means you can't find everything right away. But that was the same thing when you jumped into X3 as a new player to the series. In fact for me this is already easier than the old X3 menus where.
So far the only real pain in my butt while playing the campaign is that fact that you must search for the right entry into a space station and then have to look around for the right persion (took me a long time to find a drones sales(wo)man). I rather not spend unneccesary time looking for people inside the space station when the outside is so much more beautifull to be in.
The game has a lot of potential and is off to a great start, just spend a bit more time on the animations and looks of all the characters we have to spend time with and try to think of a faster method of finding the right person for a job and the game would already improve a lot.… Expand
Nov 18, 2013This is for Revolve, who has insulted all those who rated the game below 5 (as is my case).
I'll start by describing the status of my lastThis is for Revolve, who has insulted all those who rated the game below 5 (as is my case).
I'll start by describing the status of my last X3:TC saved game:
200 million credits (2 million credit profit every 5 minutes)
Over a hundred factory complexes (over a thousand factories)
Over 600 ships.
Most plots finished.
Maximum rank for all races.
So no, dear Revolve, I'm not stupid or a noob, and the savegame above proves I have patience and know my X3:TC pretty well.
I find it funny that you delude yourself by thinking that peolple like me are posting biased reviews...
I guess your statement "so please take these idiotic nerdrage reviews as the useless spur of the moment rage induced rubbish that they are, and read the 5 to 9 reviews for a more balanced viewpoint."
isn't biased at all, right? You basically said this: If you fail X:Rebirth here, you are some nerdy idiot full of childish rage.
LOL, I'm amazed that your review is still posted here...
Do you know what I don't do? I don't usually reply to comments like yours, but I will make an exception this time, same as you seem to have done.
I won't insult you just because you rated this a 9, you are entitled to your opinion, that's the point of this space. I could start trolling you about how could you rate a broken game that high, and so on, but I won't.
I had to restart the campaign 3 times because, at some point, X:Rebirth decides to get stuck and not to activate the scripts that, theoretically, make the campaign advance, plus, savegames become corrupted pretty easily. I don't discard another campaign restart, by the way, because I think it got stuck again.
But that's just me and thousands of others, don't worry, we are just idiots, right?
So X:Rebirth runs fine in your rig? Congrats, there are plenty of people who aren't so lucky, it's not that they are what you called them, it's that X:Rebirth has many bugs and it crashes regularly, more easily than it should.
Are you willing to rate this broken game a 9? Go for it, but don't insult me just because I'm not willing to pass a game that I can't play properly because it crashes and gets stuck at some point.
I can't use my joystick, by the way...oh,but of course, as long as I can use keyboard+mouse, the game is absolutely great, right? The ship panel doesn't respond/disappears too often, the interface is limited, uncomfortable and it hides commands instead of presenting them in a clear way. Have you tried to trade? I've tried over 20 times during campaign play. When I do, the game gets stuck or crashes 80% of the times.
An X game that doesn't allow you to trade and you expect me to pass it? Who the hell do you think you are? I really expect extensions will greatly improve UI, remote ship/factory management, etc. that's my hope, otherwise I'll be demanding a refund.
Now let's talk about graphics. Exterior graphics are acceptable, but not great (most textures are average to low res and polygon count is too low in too many models). Environment models and textures are the best of the game from a visual standpoint, and yes, Egosoft made this one thing right.
Interior and character textures/models, however, are a crime considering it's 2013...they were good in 2004, but that was long ago.
What about performance? Do you even know what's my rig?
Here you go:
i7 2600k overclocked to 4.4Ghz
OCZ vector SSD 128gb (aligned,optimized, AHCI enabled)
I don't know about your rig, but mine runs pretty much any demanding game without incidents, it freaking flies.
Well, X:Rebirth runs a little bit below par most of the time, but in hazy areas it starts lagging too much and, sometimes, it suddenly starts lagging for real (around 10 fps or even less) then it's time to relaunch the game. This is, clearly, some bug within X:Rebirth, for I've never experienced this kind of lag with any other demanding game...my rig has seen a lot of those and it always makes me proud.
Is everything wrong in X:Rebirth? Thankfully no.
-Ambience is, in my opinion, its top feature. Sector visuals are astonishing.
-There is a high level of traffic in almost every sector and you have plenty of stations (station sections) to scan and explore also in 1st person (although interior graphics are bad and interaction is limited). I'm not sure it comes close to X3:TC/AP scale, though.
-You can dock with your cap ships. You can watch the cap ship travel/fight from the dock while it gives you a ride to the desired sector. Also, now you can target/destroy/hack specific systems of cap ships, the same way you could do in the X-Wing sim saga.
-While this is not necessarily a good thing, SETA has been replaced by powerful boost engines with limited duration. Now it takes much less time to cross a sector. Roads/highways have replaced jumgates, in case you like them.
Regarless of these positive elements, I give it a 4. X:Rebirth has serious bugs that break the game and, for now, it doesn't deliver as promised.… Expand
Jan 15, 2014I have played this game for several hours. the sad thing is that, the longer i played this game the more bad things i found out about it. itI have played this game for several hours. the sad thing is that, the longer i played this game the more bad things i found out about it. it is like they left out each good thing they had in the x3 series and replaced it with bad things.
The cockpit is blocking half of your field of view. there are thousands of bugs, menus dissapear, trading does not work properly, there are less ships, less sectors, less action, less available commands and of course less fun. The only improvement i found are the graphics.
please dont waste your time playing this game.… Expand
Nov 18, 2013The game is utter cr*p.
A friend beat me to buying it first, which saved me from making the mistake. Problem is he doesn't talk to me anyThe game is utter cr*p.
A friend beat me to buying it first, which saved me from making the mistake. Problem is he doesn't talk to me any more, because I pushed him to buy this (I own all X tittles except this one and he doesn't).
We spent many hours to prove ourselves wrong.
Let me take out the SINGLE thing that is fantastic in this game: The view of space stations (FROM SPACE only). Fantastic.
There are a million bugs. Some just kill the game, you cannot move the story forward etc. Eventually Egosoft will fix most of them (give them 2-3 years as their history shows), but what I cannot stand is that the game broken IN CONCEPT!
Let me see...
- Vital commands are missing. Your ships for example follow you wherever (crashing into structures in the process), you cannot tell them not to.
- Console controls. Actually BAD console controls, as I tried using my X360 controller and I was still missing so many things. The games was intended for console. It almost "yells" "CONSOLE". WAY WAY worse controls than X:AP. People have found X360 strings in the files too, but let's not get into conspiracy theories.
- (Non-)Immersion #1. The game forces to do everything using NPCs. Thing is... NPCs look like a 10 years old game. Bad textures, they don't move at all (I MEAN EVER even if you visit the station after a month), they reply incoherently, their lip syncing is German even when they talk English (yes like old Chinese karate movies) and to actually make them talk you need to point at a SPECIFIC box, not just point to the person.
- Even whatshername, the NPC that actually is next to you as your assistant... They didn't take the time to at least make HER better (and I don't mean even bigger breasts).
- (Non-)Immersion #2: Stations themselves? Tiny. You open boxes you cannot close (WTF?), you get stuck in environment (ok that's a bug, I said I would bother with bugs) ah... and almost all look the same (yes even where the boxes are).
- (Non-)Immersion #3. All these would be "tiny" if the game didn't actually use them as core game elements. Your own ship interior (and ALL stations too, but let's concentrate on your own ship)... Textures must be 32x32 pixels or something (yes I am talking about textures like coming from System Shock). They look totally cr*ppy.
- On with the (non-)immersion... You cannot move your "head" in the you are stuck looking forward or for certain functions turn right to face the (cr*ppy looking) assistant. UNBELIEVABLE.
- List goes on... You cannot see your ship from outside, there is no autopilot (yes there is no autopilot!), the "highways" have a stupid "slipstream" mini-game (WTF!), viable way to gather some money is to open station boxes (those that cannot be closed) even with station security "looking" at you and get what is inside, there is the introduction of double-click (YES DOUBLE CLICK, like on desktop) for some actions, which must be the most counter-intuitive thing I've seen in a game for years... I can go on forever.
Funny detail (possibly because game is an XBox game actually): Each save is around 25megs. So 40 of them is a gig. Would be ok with our huge disks these days BUT... Those 25MB ARE XML (i.e. TEXT) FILES that you can compress to around 1MB each. No.. Egosoft didn't add this stupidly easy procedure to save routine.
Now, knowing Egosoft, assuming they survive from the sales this stupid excuse for a game will make, they will patch serious bugs in the next six months to a year, many more bugs in the next two three years, around the time a "2.0" version will come that will be what 1.0 should be today. Then assuming this game builds some fan base (yes people fall for whatever), they will eventually make a 3.0 that will include some things from the fan base wishlist, most actually implemented by mods... for free. Way to go Egosoft.
Many people are looking into getting a refund (knowing Steam, they won't get it). Save the money for something else people. I am not buying it even when (it's not a matter of "if", it is a matter of "when") it goes down to budget title prices. Good thing there are at least two nice "space saga" games coming sooner or later. Sorry friend for tricking you into buying this game.… Expand
May 28, 2015Still has bugs and the design just isn't engaging. Crazy folks are putting up high marks. Auto pilot drops you in station hulls where you haveStill has bugs and the design just isn't engaging. Crazy folks are putting up high marks. Auto pilot drops you in station hulls where you have to restart or instead of going directly towards a gate takes you on a scenic path that is longer that I have boost for. You can't destroy stations and can only build in certain spots. The factions just spawn ships so the economy is just for you. Highways suck. I'm constantly muting stupid chatter with NPCs, Ren and Yesha like every time you ask for wares or assign a new superior. Mods help but aren't updated so many aren't working now. FPS issues in certain zones so you have to change graphics options back and forth. I spend all my in game time just flying around stations. It's no fun. And all the trading is done in a tiny text window. Come on how about a nice drag and drop or something that doesn't resemble DOS.… Expand
Nov 16, 2013I hate this game, very very bad performance, bad ui and a lot of bugs. This is really a Epic-Fail. Oh I hate the company now Don't buy thisI hate this game, very very bad performance, bad ui and a lot of bugs. This is really a Epic-Fail. Oh I hate the company now Don't buy this Game, it's only a bad joke!… Expand