- Summary: In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old,In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come. The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...… Collapse
Positive: 0 out of 24
Mixed: 0 out of 24
Negative: 24 out of 24
Nov 17, 2013Just play 3-5 hours before posting a comment Some people here don't realy understand that X-rebirth is a HUUUGE game with a HUUUGE tutorialJust play 3-5 hours before posting a comment Some people here don't realy understand that X-rebirth is a HUUUGE game with a HUUUGE tutorial and need time to be domesticated. I put 10 to increase the general rate. Objectively for now 8... But 9 or 10 once bug ll be fixed!… Expand
Nov 15, 2013This game is great, and does run well contrary to what others have said. I have an I5 2500 with Radeon 6870 and 16 GB of RAM and the graphicsThis game is great, and does run well contrary to what others have said. I have an I5 2500 with Radeon 6870 and 16 GB of RAM and the graphics look great with smooth frames-per-second. I imagine some people either just like to complain or they have so much spyware/bloatware on the system that that is the cause of any slowdown.
Gameplay wise there is a length tutorial to the campaign which does mean you follow a linear path for a while but this is a good thing as it teaches you the mechanics of the game. The developers stated they wanted a complex game but not a complicated one. They have delivered on that, the interface is much easier to use but there is a lot of depth still. You may only directly pilot one ship, but you can command massive fleets still.
Die hard fans who are actually aware of the gamelore can see good reason to sticking to the one ship "Albion Skunk" which was originally the "Pride of Albion" a one of a kind ship that any military would have loved to mass produce. Other ships of a similar size would be a DOWNGRADE. There is plenty of room to upgrade it, and as mentioned you can still buy/build massive flights.
The graphics in space are amazing, but I will be honest the in station and character graphics are not as good as the rest which is why I give this game an 8/10 not or 9 or 10. That said being able to walk on stations is a welcome addition, you can explore ventilation shafts and fine hidden items (usually illegal contraband goods) which is great if you love the smuggling side of the game.
Very happy with my purchase.… Expand
Nov 15, 2013Very poor graphics, with high system requirements. Awkward control. Often crashes. No exploration. And it just boring.
If you like X3 as i amVery poor graphics, with high system requirements. Awkward control. Often crashes. No exploration. And it just boring.
If you like X3 as i am you will be very disappointed.… Expand
Jan 25, 2014Not a way to treat a hardcore open-universe space series. And not a good action either. If you're into serious space exploring sim - betterNot a way to treat a hardcore open-universe space series. And not a good action either. If you're into serious space exploring sim - better try previous titles from X-series, this game is practically born dead.… Expand
Nov 18, 2013The game is utter cr*p.
A friend beat me to buying it first, which saved me from making the mistake. Problem is he doesn't talk to me anyThe game is utter cr*p.
A friend beat me to buying it first, which saved me from making the mistake. Problem is he doesn't talk to me any more, because I pushed him to buy this (I own all X tittles except this one and he doesn't).
We spent many hours to prove ourselves wrong.
Let me take out the SINGLE thing that is fantastic in this game: The view of space stations (FROM SPACE only). Fantastic.
There are a million bugs. Some just kill the game, you cannot move the story forward etc. Eventually Egosoft will fix most of them (give them 2-3 years as their history shows), but what I cannot stand is that the game broken IN CONCEPT!
Let me see...
- Vital commands are missing. Your ships for example follow you wherever (crashing into structures in the process), you cannot tell them not to.
- Console controls. Actually BAD console controls, as I tried using my X360 controller and I was still missing so many things. The games was intended for console. It almost "yells" "CONSOLE". WAY WAY worse controls than X:AP. People have found X360 strings in the files too, but let's not get into conspiracy theories.
- (Non-)Immersion #1. The game forces to do everything using NPCs. Thing is... NPCs look like a 10 years old game. Bad textures, they don't move at all (I MEAN EVER even if you visit the station after a month), they reply incoherently, their lip syncing is German even when they talk English (yes like old Chinese karate movies) and to actually make them talk you need to point at a SPECIFIC box, not just point to the person.
- Even whatshername, the NPC that actually is next to you as your assistant... They didn't take the time to at least make HER better (and I don't mean even bigger breasts).
- (Non-)Immersion #2: Stations themselves? Tiny. You open boxes you cannot close (WTF?), you get stuck in environment (ok that's a bug, I said I would bother with bugs) ah... and almost all look the same (yes even where the boxes are).
- (Non-)Immersion #3. All these would be "tiny" if the game didn't actually use them as core game elements. Your own ship interior (and ALL stations too, but let's concentrate on your own ship)... Textures must be 32x32 pixels or something (yes I am talking about textures like coming from System Shock). They look totally cr*ppy.
- On with the (non-)immersion... You cannot move your "head" in the you are stuck looking forward or for certain functions turn right to face the (cr*ppy looking) assistant. UNBELIEVABLE.
- List goes on... You cannot see your ship from outside, there is no autopilot (yes there is no autopilot!), the "highways" have a stupid "slipstream" mini-game (WTF!), viable way to gather some money is to open station boxes (those that cannot be closed) even with station security "looking" at you and get what is inside, there is the introduction of double-click (YES DOUBLE CLICK, like on desktop) for some actions, which must be the most counter-intuitive thing I've seen in a game for years... I can go on forever.
Funny detail (possibly because game is an XBox game actually): Each save is around 25megs. So 40 of them is a gig. Would be ok with our huge disks these days BUT... Those 25MB ARE XML (i.e. TEXT) FILES that you can compress to around 1MB each. No.. Egosoft didn't add this stupidly easy procedure to save routine.
Now, knowing Egosoft, assuming they survive from the sales this stupid excuse for a game will make, they will patch serious bugs in the next six months to a year, many more bugs in the next two three years, around the time a "2.0" version will come that will be what 1.0 should be today. Then assuming this game builds some fan base (yes people fall for whatever), they will eventually make a 3.0 that will include some things from the fan base wishlist, most actually implemented by mods... for free. Way to go Egosoft.
Many people are looking into getting a refund (knowing Steam, they won't get it). Save the money for something else people. I am not buying it even when (it's not a matter of "if", it is a matter of "when") it goes down to budget title prices. Good thing there are at least two nice "space saga" games coming sooner or later. Sorry friend for tricking you into buying this game.… Expand
Dec 25, 2014itsat(c)rap
i've tried it and luckily enough got a refund what is rare enough on steam. i think it already says enough about the launch but aitsat(c)rap
i've tried it and luckily enough got a refund what is rare enough on steam. i think it already says enough about the launch but a year passed since, lets see whats out there now.
well, nothing new. the trading is still boring, the controls are still xbox crap, the shaders are ugly u can fly only one ship still (even x-wing from 1998 let you choose different ships). the entire game feels arcade, the scripting is bugged and illogical the AI is nonexistent (the fighters are facehugging the stations after 10 years of X development) the capitals can randomly fly through the stations or eachother. ehh, ego. with this long development time you should have done a far better job. this is just rubbish… Expand
Nov 17, 2013This game is an early Alpha ,maybe.
The trade system is buggy and useless, the campaign simply does not work and it is just a matter ofThis game is an early Alpha ,maybe.
The trade system is buggy and useless, the campaign simply does not work and it is just a matter of time until you get stuck because of one of the various bugs. Egosoft have not tested this game. Do not buy.… Expand