• Publisher: 1C
  • Release Date: Jun 1, 2007
5.5

1. Jul 30, 2012
    You are empty is without a doubt a below average fps.The gameplay feels clunky, the AI is kind of bad, the weapon and enemy variety is kind of lacking and the game is visually outdated. But the game does have atmosphere. And the atmosphere was so thick is some areas that i forgot its shortcomings. The game has flaws, plenty of them. But for those who can see past those flaws, there is a quite alright game somewhere in You are empty. Expand
  2. Jul 13, 2011
    The game is pretty good but I'm having graphic issues running it on a new system with 11.6 drivers. It says to install the ones on the disk but uh, I don't think my card came out in 2007 (4890)
  3. Nov 18, 2012
    Imagine a game where you mix the "shoot hordes of mindless enemies" gameplay of Serious Sam and Painkiller with a movement speed that makes Condemned feel fast paced. Imagine a game where the loading screens promise far greater graphical fidelity than the engine provides because at some point, the developers disabled the HDR, Shaders, and Normal Mapping and broke their functionality entirely. Imagine a game where more effort was put into "arthouse nonsense" cutscenes that fail to make any reasonable amount of sense than was put into the game. Imagine a game where the only remotely interesting components are the run-down Soviet-era locales, existence of a nice, if unrealistic, physics engine, and the fact that the menu UI looks like it was stolen directly from the (exponentially better) first entry in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Imagine a game where you're more likely to fall asleep while playing than to finish it. This is that game. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    Not a bad game. It definetly didnt deserved such a low score. It is a fun game. This is a typical fps game where you shoot everything that moves and in your entire playthrough you will encounter only 3 friendly NPC`s ( the voice acting is terrible ). You basically go from room to room killing badguys and collecting healthpotions, ammo and keys to unlock locked doors so that you can procced to the next level. The enviorments are awesome. You visit a hospital, a farm, metro station, an old spooky town and so on. The level of detail of these enviroments is amazing. The graphics are average. The story was good too but the translation from russian in english is pretty bad so you wont understand the whole plot but that doesnt matter because this game is all about shooting, exploring and enjoying the great and bizzare enviroments. You should try the game it isnt that bad as the reviewers say. It has average graphics, not so many weapons, dumb AI , no multiplayer and a slow paced gameplay but I enjoyed it. Expand
  5. Oct 3, 2012
    I like this game, it's more of a "indie" horror game, with a touch of a mindless person.
    The thing that makes me like it is perhaps that i'm mad or just the loneliness feeling I don't know, I just fancy this game alot so I bought it for 99 Kr.
  6. Nov 1, 2013
    It's not that bad. It was quite a weird game. If it hadn't exaggerated with some parts, like the huge chickens, it would have been better. The story was ok. Fighting your way through was kinda repetitive, but scenery made you ignore that. The ending was interesting, too. Some levels were really hard. I got lost in the tunnels of the metro level. Technically, it isn't mind-blowing, but I am a guy which likes the story most than the gameplay or any other features.

Indeed, the dark atmosphere, the random notes about the event, all these helped the story.

Overall, it was a strange experience.

1. The glass isn't 'half empty,' it isn't even 'not full.' It's a soundless, hateful asphyxiating void. [Oct 2007, p.74]
  2. Why am I empty, then? Perhaps because this crass, banal, unchallenging belch of a first person shooter has left me that way, groaning and giggling like a mental patient. [Nov 2007, p.72]
    Unfortunately, the graphics just aren't up to snuff, the character models, aside from being horrendous, repeat often and your character moves with all the zip of a drugged elephant.