Zack Zero PC

7.3

1. Jun 30, 2013
    Rather surprised to find such a pleasurable experience in a game I've heard so little about. Zack Zero does 2.5D platforming very well, in the vein of Trine, with the suit as the changeling instead of 3 characters. Attacks and combat is satisfying, the puzzles are intuitive and there are some nice hidden areas to search for, physics are not quite on the level of Trine2 but are solid andRather surprised to find such a pleasurable experience in a game I've heard so little about. Zack Zero does 2.5D platforming very well, in the vein of Trine, with the suit as the changeling instead of 3 characters. Attacks and combat is satisfying, the puzzles are intuitive and there are some nice hidden areas to search for, physics are not quite on the level of Trine2 but are solid and fit the game nicely. Graphics are bright and vibrant, something like Zeno Clash meets The Incredibles. Zack and the overall character ensemble comes across as eye-rollingly stereotypical, save the girl, damsel in distress tropes. However they seem to have fun with knowing that and running with it tongue-in-cheek, very much like Orcs Must Die, and in fact the story is presented exactly the same as OMD, with nicely drawn still shots narrated over between levels, moving the story forward.
    I found no bugs, crashes, framerate issues, or problems installing. Length of the game is medium and there are Steam acheivements to go after.
    The main issue so far is controller support did not work with my controller at all. Forced to use keyboard, I almost gave up on it before I started. Thankfully, I tried it, and the kb only (no mouse) setup worked nicely and I was quickly traversing the world with ease. 2 hands on the kb does cause some wrist pain during long sessions, and I am left to wonder if the experience would be that much better on a controller. For this reason, I have to bump the score down to an 8. Any fan of some solid 2.5D platform physics puzzler will enjoy Zack Zero.
  2. May 4, 2013
    Zack Zero brings back the magic of old school retro classic platform games I have always loved. Glad to see there is still developers and gamers that really care about this game genre. The game is utterly brilliant and visually gorgeous. Game-play wise is carefully crafted and balanced, nice controls puzzles and thrilling combat. If you enjoy platform games Zack Zero wont disappoint you,Zack Zero brings back the magic of old school retro classic platform games I have always loved. Glad to see there is still developers and gamers that really care about this game genre. The game is utterly brilliant and visually gorgeous. Game-play wise is carefully crafted and balanced, nice controls puzzles and thrilling combat. If you enjoy platform games Zack Zero wont disappoint you, it will amaze you!! Hat off to Crocodile guys! So now just go and get it! Expand
  3. May 4, 2013
    I'm always searching on Steam for this kind of games, I love the platformers. Some months ago I got Gianna Sisters and had fun with it, a good platformer. And now Zack Zero appears, got it in the launch sale and it's great! It reminds me that old Sega Genesis platformers: Aladdin, Hercules... Great visuals, nice control and charming music.
  4. May 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this on PS3, just got the Steam version and is better! very crisp controls and improved graphics If you are looking for a good platformer with action and adventure is your game.
  5. May 4, 2013
    Plays reminiscent of oldschool 16-bit sidescrolling platformers. While it doesn't make much of an attempt to innovate the genre, the game has solid gameplay. Clearly one of the best platformer choices one can make nowadays. Highly recommended game.
  6. May 4, 2013
    Never heard about it before, but Zack Zero is a rather entertaining game, the powers are really fun to use and it's full of items to collect. I found some secret zones with funny easter eggs, it was a surprise. A really good platformer for PC users, looking forward to the Mac version.
  7. Apr 30, 2013
    Just looking at the graphics of the game makes my eyes hurt. Why, oh why everybody thinks that 100% saturation and "special effects" with all colors of a rainbow all over the whole screen is nice? It's horrible.
  8. AWG
    Aug 20, 2013
    Bugged graphics and terrible localization make this game not so worthy.
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    Great platformer game for the PC!
    I already give a 10 after half an hour playing, cause this game really makes fun & is very good in many ways:
    + the game-play is not to hard, really fluently (Trine 2 is much harder), + graphics are delicious & fresh, models are very good + the films are great looking (nothing Bullshrott to click right away), + I believe it has a story (see films),
    Great platformer game for the PC!
    + the game-play is not to hard, really fluently (Trine 2 is much harder),
    + graphics are delicious & fresh, models are very good
    + the films are great looking (nothing Bullshrott to click right away),
    + I believe it has a story (see films),
    + German localization is very pro,
    + I even can play it on my WinXP-AGP 1GB-Radeon system (great machine!).
    The special price offer 2,50 is a gift, it´s the 10 bugs normal price worth twice. Also need to say, that I usually avoid jump´n´run games, cause there mostly hate-able when you´re over 15 or 3 times of that, like me
  10. Nov 3, 2013
    A fantastic side scrolling arcade action! The graphic is excellent, and the music is very epic! The combat and the enemies are very interesting! One of the best games i ever played!

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Overall, this is a good attempt on the part of Crocodile. Unfortunately, the combination of frustratingly hard boss fights and cheap traps lets it down. I can’t help but think this would have been a great game with better execution.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 2, 2013
    It’s not a new Rayman or even half of Ratchet & Clank. Kids should not burst our crying if you give them Zack Zero to play but why would you do that if there is plenty of other, better platformers? [CD-Action 08/2013, p.85]
  3. May 16, 2013
    However, in the case of Zack Zero, rest assured, no such grace need be afforded. It is a convoluted mess, it is not fun to play most of the time, and its many sins overwhelm its scant virtues.