Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal PC

8.7

1. JohnVincentN.
    Apr 3, 2003
    its great, i don't know much about this game, and the first thing i noticed is that its like pokemon but much much better with its 3d graphics and battle scenes. i like this game! But i think some verbal actions to amy must be made. and another, let us, the gamers, choose which view to use while battling wiht other fairies. first person point of view is kinda boring sometimes and i its great, i don't know much about this game, and the first thing i noticed is that its like pokemon but much much better with its 3d graphics and battle scenes. i like this game! But i think some verbal actions to amy must be made. and another, let us, the gamers, choose which view to use while battling wiht other fairies. first person point of view is kinda boring sometimes and i can't see my fairy in action. but despite those, this game deserves 9 out of 10! Expand
  2. ChristaM.
    Jun 23, 2003
    I admit that the story line is a little lacking... but I had so much fun during the rest of the game that I didn't even notice. Lots of fun, and very colorful. I especially enjoyed the chance to see your fairies evolve.
  3. Oct 12, 2013
    This game was a very good one and i liked to spend tons of hours to collecting and teaching my faeries. The story was simple but not teribble and this game have potential in a sequel with improving the base ideas. I hope someday a studio will adopt this game concept to a sequel i really want it.
  4. PaulM.
    Apr 22, 2003
    It's the best game ever.
  5. AnthonyJ.
    Jul 4, 2003
    Its one of the best games I'v played in a long time.
  6. Jan 4, 2016
    For me this game is reflection of my childhood's days. Zanzarah is place where you can escape from real world. A lot of fairies and different combinations of spells. Beautiful locations and the soundtrack!
    So, if there was any rune to the fairy garden, I'd use it with plesuare .
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

All of it looks fantastic. If you can get past its silly "Pokemon with fairies" premise, Zanzarah will provide you with a fun, long, and challenging quest.
  2. In spite of the lovely world, the complexities of managing fairies, together with the difficult fights, brought this down to a thumbs up rating.
  3. While you could say that the game plays like a Pokémon clone, Zanzarah has some surprisingly great production values in terms of both art and music, though it could certainly have benefited from a better plot and more character development.