8.2

1. MinAshes
    Aug 1, 2003
    I thought the this game had alot of potential but the game play left a lot to be desired. Fortunatley the story line and interesting charictores saved the game. I found my self being drawn into the plot. Altogether I think this game was a good waist of time.
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is excellent. The game actually has deep characters(despite looking heavily cliche at the beginning of the adventure) who change as the story progresses, a great combat system for 2003-2004 and a large world that's pretty interesting. This game is an amazing example of a videogame story done right, with us seeing multiple perspectives and making us morality, making us care forThis game is excellent. The game actually has deep characters(despite looking heavily cliche at the beginning of the adventure) who change as the story progresses, a great combat system for 2003-2004 and a large world that's pretty interesting. This game is an amazing example of a videogame story done right, with us seeing multiple perspectives and making us morality, making us care for the characters and holding to an array of many different themes on the topics of revenge, good, friendship, power and love. A game I would heavily recommend for anybody who likes a good RPG and is interested in an excellent story.

I would recommend it alone for the character Bebedora, who is probably one the most interesting characters I have ever encountered in an RPG. .
  3. Matt
    Sep 19, 2004
    This game HAD potential, story was kind of lacking at the end. over all very good, could of used more vioce overs though. oh well good game though, just didn't blow my hair back. it could of though!

#96 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#10 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. It's a Japanese RPG in the truest sense and conforms to all the clichs of the genre. It has its misfits, its central (male) character with a mysterious past (and a strange birthmark on his shoulder) and a turn-based battle system with magic and hit points. It has its world map.
  2. A better than average RPG. Woo-hoo…
  3. Technically competent but uninspired and ultimately unsatisfying, “Twilight of the Spirits” is this year’s sacrificial lamb to the altar of the next-generation RPG genre’s rising standards.