8.7

1. Sep 10, 2013
    A really great, if unnoticed, RPG of it's time. Great animation. Ingenious combat system that was ahead of its time. Plus a strong and unique dual story arc that was done rather well. However, all the praise aside, it also suffer from being a tad too generic following patterns and designs of countless other JRPGs of its time.

Overall:
    On it's own it is close to being flawless. But it's
    overall generic design and execution make it enjoyable, but also rather forgettable. Expand
  2. May 22, 2013
    So I played this game in 2013 and I gotta say that it's really fun. RPG's these days take 40 hours or less to complete. (Either that or it's a 20 hour game with 80 hours of side questing) This game is a tactical RPG which features two distinct storylines that intersect with each other. The characters are highly interesting and the plot is fantastic. Yeah, the voice acting isn't all that great and the game isn't too challenging but it's a great way to satisfy your SRPG urges. Expand
  3. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is excellent. The game actually has deep characters(despite looking heavily cliche at the beginning of the adventure) who change as the story progresses, a great combat system for 2003-2004 and a large world that's pretty interesting. This game is an amazing example of a videogame story done right, with us seeing multiple perspectives and making us morality, making us care for the characters and holding to an array of many different themes on the topics of revenge, good, friendship, power and love. A game I would heavily recommend for anybody who likes a good RPG and is interested in an excellent story.

I would recommend it alone for the character Bebedora, who is probably one the most interesting characters I have ever encountered in an RPG. .
  4. Oct 7, 2012

1. It's a Japanese RPG in the truest sense and conforms to all the clichs of the genre. It has its misfits, its central (male) character with a mysterious past (and a strange birthmark on his shoulder) and a turn-based battle system with magic and hit points. It has its world map.
  2. A better than average RPG. Woo-hoo…
  3. Technically competent but uninspired and ultimately unsatisfying, “Twilight of the Spirits” is this year’s sacrificial lamb to the altar of the next-generation RPG genre’s rising standards.