8.5

1. Sep 10, 2013
    A really great, if unnoticed, RPG of it's time. Great animation. Ingenious combat system that was ahead of its time. Plus a strong and unique dual story arc that was done rather well. However, all the praise aside, it also suffer from being a tad too generic following patterns and designs of countless other JRPGs of its time.

Overall: On it's own it is close to being flawless. But it's

Overall:
    On it's own it is close to being flawless. But it's overall generic design and execution make it enjoyable, but also rather forgettable.
  2. May 22, 2013
    So I played this game in 2013 and I gotta say that it's really fun. RPG's these days take 40 hours or less to complete. (Either that or it's a 20 hour game with 80 hours of side questing) This game is a tactical RPG which features two distinct storylines that intersect with each other. The characters are highly interesting and the plot is fantastic. Yeah, the voice acting isn't all thatSo I played this game in 2013 and I gotta say that it's really fun. RPG's these days take 40 hours or less to complete. (Either that or it's a 20 hour game with 80 hours of side questing) This game is a tactical RPG which features two distinct storylines that intersect with each other. The characters are highly interesting and the plot is fantastic. Yeah, the voice acting isn't all that great and the game isn't too challenging but it's a great way to satisfy your SRPG urges. Expand
  3. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is excellent. The game actually has deep characters(despite looking heavily cliche at the beginning of the adventure) who change as the story progresses, a great combat system for 2003-2004 and a large world that's pretty interesting. This game is an amazing example of a videogame story done right, with us seeing multiple perspectives and making us morality, making us care forThis game is excellent. The game actually has deep characters(despite looking heavily cliche at the beginning of the adventure) who change as the story progresses, a great combat system for 2003-2004 and a large world that's pretty interesting. This game is an amazing example of a videogame story done right, with us seeing multiple perspectives and making us morality, making us care for the characters and holding to an array of many different themes on the topics of revenge, good, friendship, power and love. A game I would heavily recommend for anybody who likes a good RPG and is interested in an excellent story.

I would recommend it alone for the character Bebedora, who is probably one the most interesting characters I have ever encountered in an RPG. .
  4. BrianK.
    Nov 7, 2005
    Excellent RPG actually, what makes it excellent are the story and plot and character development, I don't mean stats but emotional, Arc the Lad:TOTS has living, breathing characters with conflict, emotion and goals that evolve as the game progresses, the story is also great and will keep you guessing and wondering what will develop next, I actually care what will happen to each Excellent RPG actually, what makes it excellent are the story and plot and character development, I don't mean stats but emotional, Arc the Lad:TOTS has living, breathing characters with conflict, emotion and goals that evolve as the game progresses, the story is also great and will keep you guessing and wondering what will develop next, I actually care what will happen to each character, and until it finally happened I wondered what would happen when Karg and Darc finally meet, the fact they begin the game having no idea the other exists, then slowly and subtley crossing each other tracks until they finally meet in an emotional conflict was great to witness as in unfolded, I also love the battle system, strategy plays pretty heavily sometimes, everyone player seems to have a role which I like you have your fighters, mages, archers, and healers. I love some of the battlegrounds later in the game, m only quip is the voice overs though they are good they are way too few far and between, more voice would of been great. Love it still though! Expand
  5. JenniferP.
    Jun 16, 2005
    I loved this game!!! The story, the battle system, the way we move around from place to place was all great and unique. Once I found myself playing the game 7 (yes 7) hours straight!
  6. VidM.
    Feb 28, 2005
    Great strategy RPGing. Digged the story. Digged the characters. Digged the battle system. Can't understand why this game was so overlooked by critics and TRPG fans.
  7. Matt
    Sep 19, 2004
    This game HAD potential, story was kind of lacking at the end. over all very good, could of used more vioce overs though. oh well good game though, just didn't blow my hair back. it could of though!
  8. CrimU.
    Jan 23, 2004
    This game is awesome I love the plot and it has very realistic characters . You can choose to fight with Darc or Kharg its up to you.
  9. DelithNightblade
    Nov 24, 2003
    An amazing game. Great dialogue and voice-overs. Every voice matches it's character. Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits is a game that any true RPer should have!
  10. PatrickO.
    Sep 17, 2003
    I Really Enjoy this game!It's Fun,exciting and challenging!
  11. MinAshes
    Aug 1, 2003
    I thought the this game had alot of potential but the game play left a lot to be desired. Fortunatley the story line and interesting charictores saved the game. I found my self being drawn into the plot. Altogether I think this game was a good waist of time.
  12. JoaquinDaSilva
    Jul 19, 2003
    Great story, good graphics, awesome combat system, deep RPG... you can´t go wrong with this one.
  13. NoaS.
    Jul 8, 2003
    Gameplay is top notch and Fun factor 10 for 10. A truly compelling a enthusistic addition to the Ark line up.
  14. Oct 7, 2012

1. It's a Japanese RPG in the truest sense and conforms to all the clichs of the genre. It has its misfits, its central (male) character with a mysterious past (and a strange birthmark on his shoulder) and a turn-based battle system with magic and hit points. It has its world map.
  2. A better than average RPG. Woo-hoo…
  3. Technically competent but uninspired and ultimately unsatisfying, “Twilight of the Spirits” is this year’s sacrificial lamb to the altar of the next-generation RPG genre’s rising standards.