Burnout 3: Takedown PlayStation 2

9.0

1. JamieR.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. One of the best games there are on the PS2. It gives you a real sense of speed (even the slowest cars) and the fastest cars make you feel like they're doing 300! I don't see how you could improve on this game...but still let them try.
  2. BrynH.
    Sep 13, 2004
    Best game i have ever played, Amazing graphics and the crashes are out of this world. But it has a crappy soundtrack.
  3. ScottW.
    Jul 25, 2005
    The best racing game you'll ever play!!!
  4. JayT.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Burnout re-defines the word fun.
  5. SamF.
    Aug 9, 2005
    If You want Crazy Crashes and loads of Fun get this Game. Its simply awesome. The Fun factor is amazing, But if your looking for realism then go buy GT4 Because this game is purely arcade gameplay with fast racing, wild physics and Sick Crashes. The Only thing that annoyed me was the Multipliers that really ruined the game beacuse Once you get a 2x or 3x multiplier you getting Gold Medal If You want Crazy Crashes and loads of Fun get this Game. Its simply awesome. The Fun factor is amazing, But if your looking for realism then go buy GT4 Because this game is purely arcade gameplay with fast racing, wild physics and Sick Crashes. The Only thing that annoyed me was the Multipliers that really ruined the game beacuse Once you get a 2x or 3x multiplier you getting Gold Medal Is Way too easy. Expand
  6. ChadC.
    Dec 22, 2005
    One of the best racing games ever.
  7. AndrewP.
    Feb 17, 2006
    This game should be compulsory for every ps2 console sold, just to show everyone what is possilbe on ps2. Unfortunately it's not possible to give this a 100 out of 10, becuase that's what it's truly worth. As close to perfection of a game you can get.
  8. Aug 12, 2010
    This by far the best Burnout game to ever come out. It has everything you could want: crashes, fast cars, and a large array of track variations. Overall, a very good game!
  9. Apr 20, 2011
    One of the best racing games you'll find on the PS2 aside from the Gran Turismo series. Pros: Excellent single-player gameplay and multi-player mode with online support; visually stunning; slick controls. Cons: The unskippable training sequences are annoying at times; the DJ is even more so.
  10. May 16, 2012
    I love this game. Probably the best PS2 game ever. I love all the races there, and the cars. Probably the best game for your games collection! The graphics are great, gameplay is legendary and a very fun game!
  11. Nov 7, 2013
    This was the first game I got with my PS2, and one of the best I ever played on it. When I started playing this game, I didn't have a memory card yet.. but that didn't matter because along with a few buddies I could play this game the whole day (over 100 races, 3 people, the loser gives up the controller) with only the three starting cars available and a single map to race on. Treat thisThis was the first game I got with my PS2, and one of the best I ever played on it. When I started playing this game, I didn't have a memory card yet.. but that didn't matter because along with a few buddies I could play this game the whole day (over 100 races, 3 people, the loser gives up the controller) with only the three starting cars available and a single map to race on. Treat this as an indication on how fun the game was (splitscreen road rage rox). The solo campaign was amazing as well providing challenge and various racing/crash modes (for example: normal race, time attack, road rage where you have to destroy your opponents by crushing them into walls/trafic...). Although I currently have a PS3, sometimes I still go back to play this game a little. Oh.. and I don't even really like racing games...

Technically, from a PS2 perspective this game has great graphics, which do NOT fail (especially in single player mode) to give the sense of speed which makes this game such a joy to play. The graphics are accompanied by a fitting soundtrack, which makes you want to go faster and faster. One thing to remember this is an arcade style game, so don't expect any realism in driving your car.

The only thing that bothered my in this game was the loading times and the enemy AI (thankfully only a little bit).

So to conclude in my opinion this game is a "must have" for PS2 owners.
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    The best racing game that i have played. Many game mode, battle in the road, overtop graphics for PS2 games, excellent cars and many more. The success product made by criterion games.
  13. Aug 7, 2016
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life. Just hearing "We are the lazy generation" sends shivers down my spine. One of the best games for the PS2. The races were rewarding, the gameplay was phenomenal and the music was so catchy, pretty much race and sing-along.
  14. Sep 13, 2016
    If 2004 weren't such a stellar year in gaming (MGS3, GTA: San Andreas, Half-Life 2, etc.), this would be my Game of the Year for 2004.

It's better than anything that came out in 2013 or 2014, which were both pretty mediocre years in gaming overall.
  15. RoverT.
    Dec 27, 2008
    The best racing game ever. I have always hated how boring racing games are, and this takes that away by addding an amazing soundtrack (I have like 15 of the songs on my iPod), awesome graphics, and you crash on purpose. yeah thats right, YOU CRASH ON PURPOSE! Is'nt that every kids dream, to crash cars all day? This game blends the crashing and the racing perfectly with events like The best racing game ever. I have always hated how boring racing games are, and this takes that away by addding an amazing soundtrack (I have like 15 of the songs on my iPod), awesome graphics, and you crash on purpose. yeah thats right, YOU CRASH ON PURPOSE! Is'nt that every kids dream, to crash cars all day? This game blends the crashing and the racing perfectly with events like Races (more race than crash), Road Rage (more crash than race), and Crash Mode (all crash). Definitely a must buy. Expand
  16. AB
    Sep 10, 2004
    This game is so realistic. It is freaken cool!!! This is the best game ever!!!!
  17. JonnyB.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Not as great as the xbox version. The better xbox graphics make the game have a little more realistic looking crashes.
  18. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    This game is so near the perfect game... It's so much fun, but the only thing that starts to get frustrating is crashing into other cars (thank god this flaw was fixed in revenge).
  19. Neil"Frog"W
    May 3, 2005
    Its good to see that majority people find this game exciting, thrilling, and majorly addictive. Though this game is really huge when u play the career mode. But gives u a bit of a challenge. Involves major crashes, High speeds, and hectic driving. It's a fantastic experience! whoever doesn't like this game. obviously. can't do it.
  20. FJ
    Aug 20, 2004
    The burnout series just keeps getting better...and faster...
  21. AmyP.
    Superb!
  22. AdamD.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is great well worth buying but one thing i cannot make out is i've unlocked 5 trucks/4wheel drives but they dont appear in the cars selection page?????? does anyone know why?
  23. ArtherA.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Best arcade racer ever.
  24. MarkT.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Not normally a racing fan, but this is great fun - marred only by a couple of things: a poor soundtrack (does anyone know how you can change that?) and the continual repetition of training videos (can they be turned off?)
  25. JordanW.
    Feb 8, 2005
    It rocks the best crash game i have ever played cant wait for burn4.
  26. BenC.
    Nov 25, 2004
    It sounds brilliant and the demo is so much fun. Cannot wait to get into town and buy it. The guy who gave it a 3 is an idiot (are you trying to say that Pro Evo 4 is rubbish!) Give me a break.
  27. TonyfromHK
    Nov 5, 2004
    Very good racing game, very camera shoot. [Ed: huh?]
  28. JonnyS.
    Dec 10, 2004
    That guy who gave ti a 3, wot is he on man? he takes games way 2 seriously, this game is wiked trust.
  29. Fsi
    Sep 10, 2004
    Just a fun game well worth the money. Drive, crash, jump out of your seat, laugh, and takedown all your opponents in an excellent game from EA and Criterion.
  30. LukeW.
    Sep 1, 2004
    I l0v3 7h15 g4m3!!!!!

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A strong candidate for the coveted Game of the Year award, Burnout 3: Takedown is one of the best arcade racing games to come out in years.
  2. Cheat Code Central
    I absolutely hate the music which is a mix of cheap-sounding alternative and punk.
  3. Damn near flawless in almost every way shape and form. Brilliant visuals, ear pleasing audio, highly addictive game play, and enough modes and tracks to keep you busy for months on end.