8.8

1. Sep 15, 2011
    Revenge is actually decent, I played a PSP Burnout, and definitely I enjoyed the handheld version. So what happened to the big guy? I didn't felt that kind of abominate force that had the psp version in this Burnout. Okay the cool fights with other cars crashing constantly is unstoppable but the levels, or the maps of racing etc don't appeal me and start feeling incomplete or notRevenge is actually decent, I played a PSP Burnout, and definitely I enjoyed the handheld version. So what happened to the big guy? I didn't felt that kind of abominate force that had the psp version in this Burnout. Okay the cool fights with other cars crashing constantly is unstoppable but the levels, or the maps of racing etc don't appeal me and start feeling incomplete or not satisfying. But that being said, Burnout Revenge was quite a nice revenge well made . Expand
    Sep 13, 2005
    The same damn thing as Burnout 3. They could call it Burnout 3.5. Traffic Attack mode sucks.
  3. Jun 21, 2014
    Crashing constantly is great and also the graphics are very impressive. But playing the game feels a little old and dodging cars is still hard to do, I wish I could dodge easier for better fun. And their isn't very interesting characters at all nothing really much new to find here. My review 7.8.
  4. UndertakerT.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Too much of the same it might have better frame rates and more modes, but burnout 3 has better music and u feel more in control.
  5. Mobius
    Oct 10, 2005
    Very good looking game. still more of the same but still fun. my only gripe is that the loading times are still as bad as burnout3 and that there are no replays. i want to give this game a 10 but it looses 2 points for not having a replay and 1 point for the poor loading times.
  6. SRT4Ever
    Dec 1, 2007
    Addicting, intense action on beautiful maps that sadly only lets you travel around on the tracks. Crash mode ruined compared to previous games. Jumps are largely weak in comparison to Midnight club. Nothing approaches the jump over the Seine in Paris in MC2. Traffic attack never really challenges. Early levels are all too easy to beat with the exception of a burning lap level on White Addicting, intense action on beautiful maps that sadly only lets you travel around on the tracks. Crash mode ruined compared to previous games. Jumps are largely weak in comparison to Midnight club. Nothing approaches the jump over the Seine in Paris in MC2. Traffic attack never really challenges. Early levels are all too easy to beat with the exception of a burning lap level on White Mountain, even using starting cars (compared to say MC2 or MC3 if you take a level 1 upgraded SRT4 and race against the blue triangle racers- detroit is a blast like that, heh). Like its predecessors, a fluffy puff pastry for snacking in between meals. Please make level 10 challenging next time, or make a few more levels. Expand
  7. MikeM.
    Jan 18, 2009
    Played all the Burnouts on PS2. The first one was just an extremely difficult racer with spectacular crashes (which you wanted to avoid at all costs). It was in the second iteration where they introduced crash mode, and made the game really fun to play. The third one, Takedown, was a perfection of Burnout 2, adding around 70 more crash junctions and the Takedown mode. With no real Played all the Burnouts on PS2. The first one was just an extremely difficult racer with spectacular crashes (which you wanted to avoid at all costs). It was in the second iteration where they introduced crash mode, and made the game really fun to play. The third one, Takedown, was a perfection of Burnout 2, adding around 70 more crash junctions and the Takedown mode. With no real improvements necessary to make, for the fourth game they added this lame traffic-checking B.S., as if you're behind the wheel of a jet-powered bulldozer. The game still runs fast & smoth and looks great, but the challenge and tension in the previous two games is almost completely missing. Nothing more than a pathetic "feature" added for those who either lack skill or are easily discouraged by a game actually providing a challenge (gasp!). Burnout 3 still has yet to be trumped. Much like the NFS and Gran Tursimo series (and Sonic the Hedgehog), perhaps it's time for the developers to move on to completely different projects. Remember what happened with Tomb Raider. Expand

#19 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#26 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

It manages to exhaustively deliver everything that made "Burnout 3" so fantastic while adding small tweaks that make its predecessor an immediate item for trade-in at your local game store.
    And most importantly, the mixture of blistering speed, edge-of-the-seat thrills and explosive crashes works just as well as it ever did. The Burnout series gets better and better every time.
  3. Burnout: Revenge proves once again why it is the ultimate spectacle for those of us who just want to feel the rush. You know you're playing a great game when even the pauses in the action are filled with rockin' music, flashy video and big sound effects.