8.3

1. AndyC.
    Jan 24, 2006
    The single player mode is incredibly, dissappointingly short - just as you feel the game is about to really get going, the credits roll. There are also some irritating glitches (eg sometimes health and ammo is picked up automatically, sometimes not), and delays between pressing the reload button and your character actually doing it. The AI of your squad members is also poor at times - The single player mode is incredibly, dissappointingly short - just as you feel the game is about to really get going, the credits roll. There are also some irritating glitches (eg sometimes health and ammo is picked up automatically, sometimes not), and delays between pressing the reload button and your character actually doing it. The AI of your squad members is also poor at times - they have an annoying tendency of getting in the way at the worst possible moments. There's a good game lurking in there, but its brevity and shortness means it never truly comes to the surface. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    Fantastic single player. Brings a squad based aspect that allows you to grow a small connection to characters and allows you to hope for their survival. An improvement from the original cod, treyarch creates a better flow to the gameplay and allows for a greater movement across the levels. Choke points are uncommon, and gameplay itself is enjoyable.
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    This game has a wide variety of missions with a ton of authentic weapons. this game has better use of enviromental cover and tatical manuevers in this contexually accurate battle chatter.
  4. Aug 3, 2013
    This is better then any new Cod game that has or ever will come out. This is my favorite WW2 game of all time. The sound of bullets and the cries of dying soldiers will make anyone tense up and pray not to end up like them. The story is all about the Big Red and there campaign during WW2 its a must play for those who like shooters and gamers like me who just want a realistic shooter basedThis is better then any new Cod game that has or ever will come out. This is my favorite WW2 game of all time. The sound of bullets and the cries of dying soldiers will make anyone tense up and pray not to end up like them. The story is all about the Big Red and there campaign during WW2 its a must play for those who like shooters and gamers like me who just want a realistic shooter based on history. The music is great and very old fashion. The voice acting is really cool and even tho they look really dated I still like the way the game looks. What more can I say this is better the any modern warfare game and once you play it you will see it for yourself. Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    This game has a pretty decent story that actually makes sence unlike the other cods, the aiming and gameplay are actually solid and the graphics are pretty good for a game that came out in 2005. Treyarch did a good job with this game.
  6. JonS.
    Jul 26, 2006
    I have the game for ps2 and it does have good graphics.
  7. EdagrR.
    Apr 15, 2007
    Ok...the game is surprisingly short, but oh well!!....this game showed a good version of many war operations and invasions...every level had a good level of experience...graphics were great...it seemed realistic....a very good combination of video gaming and war...
  8. LeoB.
    Feb 20, 2006
    Amazing shooting game. Well done, good variety of weapon and dinamic scenes action.
  9. ChrisM.
    Dec 8, 2006
    I have this game on the Xbox the graphics I think are better than the PS2 verson. Well I think anyway. The single player is quite dissapointing but is still good if you arent goin to play online then just rent this, the single player is only 13 missions long, unlike COD1 where it was quite long.
  10. JordanW.
    Feb 18, 2010
    This game is amazing. i love the way it is centered on just one formation in the war.the levels are fun too. and get to play in many different kinds of weapons,planes, and vehicles too. but the player hiself is worried cause i didn't find out what my guy's name was till i looked it up, they just kwpt referring to him by rank. but, i love the way the story plays out and all the This game is amazing. i love the way it is centered on just one formation in the war.the levels are fun too. and get to play in many different kinds of weapons,planes, and vehicles too. but the player hiself is worried cause i didn't find out what my guy's name was till i looked it up, they just kwpt referring to him by rank. but, i love the way the story plays out and all the action in the game. when i start playing it, you never know who or whats waiting behind the corner. IN OTHER WORDS. I LOVE THIS GAME. Expand
  11. KeithS.
    Nov 12, 2005
    One of the best single player games I have ever played, but the online version is ridden with cheats, glitches and not a huge jump in gameplay. It is a disappointment to the first one.
  12. HarryP.
    Dec 22, 2005
    this isn't as good as cal of duty 2 on x-box 360,but it rocks!
  13. JasonH.
    Dec 3, 2005
    The campaign is short. The realism is good. The interface is excellent. Online is fun - for a while, but feels a bit like an after-thought.
  14. JohnnyD.
    Jan 16, 2006
    this game is just so great it is way better tha the first one i love how there is so much more added to the theme man this game has got to be the best fist person shooter game out there right now.
  15. Brian
    Dec 26, 2006
    This is one of the best games I've ever played, but it was too short (only 13 missions). It had better grapics and story line than in COD 1. This game was also, to a fun degree, more difficult.
  16. Nathdman
    Feb 9, 2006
    It's a fun game, with nice gameplay and graphics. The only problem is that it's way to short and it needs a little more variety in the mission objectives.
  17. Carlos
    Nov 27, 2007
    Call of Duty Big Red One is a fun game, but by no means is this a fantastic game. The graphics are descent for a PS2 game but when comparing to other games on the system you see its not that great. Most of the places look the same and you don't see a lot of change until you get to the Italy part of the game. The gameplay though is good. The enemies will send you back if you try Call of Duty Big Red One is a fun game, but by no means is this a fantastic game. The graphics are descent for a PS2 game but when comparing to other games on the system you see its not that great. Most of the places look the same and you don't see a lot of change until you get to the Italy part of the game. The gameplay though is good. The enemies will send you back if you try charging them. The new grenade mechanic is a must have, when low on ammo. But the game is to short, I beat most of it in one sitting not even trying that hard. Another huge problem that I faced is that all you need is the M1 Garand to beat the game. But if you want a good time for a weekend rent it. Expand
  18. MattI.
    Nov 19, 2005
    at first i thought htis was a HUGE waste of my money(only playing for an hour at my first time playing but as i progressed into the game i grew a little more attached to the characters. the multiplayer is not the best i have played. there are way too many hackers making it difficult to kill people. i found that the morning was the easiest because all of the hardcore gamers usually sleep at first i thought htis was a HUGE waste of my money(only playing for an hour at my first time playing but as i progressed into the game i grew a little more attached to the characters. the multiplayer is not the best i have played. there are way too many hackers making it difficult to kill people. i found that the morning was the easiest because all of the hardcore gamers usually sleep to noon. it was fairly difficult finding a server where i could connect to all of the players not allowing me to enter(although i have a broadband connection). i, personally like games where you have to use a few braincells but didnt find that in this game. and the missions are almost all the same(mindless killing). if you like a game that doesnt require a 3rd grade education with absolutely no intelligence this is the game for you. Expand
  19. C.Schafer
    Dec 2, 2005
    I think its an awsome game the graphics are ace and its a good shooter an i like the zoom in instead of jsut looking closer at the cross sights you actualy look down the sites i think its a good game and recomend it to all of my friends .
  20. GuyBoy
    Nov 18, 2006
    COD2 was better than the 1st by a mile, but it was to short and it was allways on trail so there wasn't really alot of doing what you wanted. Over all it was real good game and I liked getting to know my squad and the cut scene were good but the gameplay wanst what it could have been. I liked it alot.
  21. JohnA.
    Jun 26, 2006
    This is a good game but needs to be longer.
  22. RobertR.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Having played all of the major WWII FPS titles on the Playstation 2 (MoH Frontline, MoH Rising Sun, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30), I feel that I can offer a well balanced opinion on what the best WWII FPS experience on the PS2 is today. I can safely say that CoD2 Big Red One is an excellent title that should not be missed by anyone with even a passing Having played all of the major WWII FPS titles on the Playstation 2 (MoH Frontline, MoH Rising Sun, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30), I feel that I can offer a well balanced opinion on what the best WWII FPS experience on the PS2 is today. I can safely say that CoD2 Big Red One is an excellent title that should not be missed by anyone with even a passing interest in WWII FPS. Call of Duty 2 is a fantastic single player experience on the Playstation 2. It offers great visuals, immersive environments, amazing sound effects, and a great campaign. I find it unfair that some reviews mark this title down because it does not compare well with the PC version of the series. This apples and oranges comparision doesn't work - the PC has a huge advantage in hardware over the aging PS2 and assuming that every gamer out there has a cutting edge PC to run the latest games on is inaccurate. As far as the game is concerned, it is excellent. The controls are tight, it's easy to target enemies. The environments are destructable and the scripted sections of each level provide amazing moments that are a blast to watch again and again. The AI is excellent, and on the hard difficulty level, it will prove very hard to survive. Enemies attack well agasint you. The friendly AI is slanted to the weaker side - compensating for the fact that the allies have an intelligent, human-controlled soldier on their side. The campaign is a little brief, but the levels are large, expansive and amazingly enteratining. The title also mixes up the styles of combat - placing you in a tank on one mission and a B24 bomber on another (the plot is also solidly constructed, with the b24 level focusing on a mission being conducted in the same region as the 1st ID and being experienced through a sibbling of a 1st ID soldier). It's a fantastic FPS. It has the realism and believability of the CoD series, combined with smart squadmates (voiced by the Band of Brothers series actors), good AI (without the tediousness found in the Brothers in Arms series), good storyline (which the latest Medal of Honor games have severely lacked), and great graphics and sound. CoD 2 is the best WWII FPS you'll find on the PS2. I can't recommend it enough. Expand
  23. Aug 31, 2014
    This is Treyarch's first CoD title. For those who want to know why Treyarch is loved more than Infinity Ward, play this game. The story is one of the most touching and epic WWII stories I've ever experienced. You're squadmates have their own unique personalities, and they can be quite hilarious at times. You really care for them. I just wish the characters in present CoD games are likeThis is Treyarch's first CoD title. For those who want to know why Treyarch is loved more than Infinity Ward, play this game. The story is one of the most touching and epic WWII stories I've ever experienced. You're squadmates have their own unique personalities, and they can be quite hilarious at times. You really care for them. I just wish the characters in present CoD games are like this, instead of cliched, gung-ho characters. Gameplay is quite awesome too. You really feel like a soldier. And the graphics were good for a 2005 game. Pick this classic game up. I hope there will be an HD remake of this great game. Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2014
    One of the worst shooters I've ever played. The game is a downgrade in every department in relation to previous CoD games released on PC. The only reason this gets high scores is because of naive console gamers who have never played one of the previous, infinitely better titles.
  25. Feb 23, 2015
    Solid expansion from Call of Duty 2. Memorable dialogue and characters, and many emotional scenes that leave you on edge. Creative maps and scenery, much better than what is offered today.

And while the basic multiplayer component and a few obvious drops in pacing sometimes make the title feel a touch flat, the singleplayer campaigns are actually anything but.
    You don't have to already be a fan, though, to appreciate the game, and that's a big part of its appeal. It's pretty easy to jump in, grab a gun and start starring in your own WWII movie mowing down Nazis.
  3. I would put Call of Duty 2: Big Red One below "Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood," but above "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat."