Capcom Classics Collection PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 27, 2005
8.4

1. MPell
    Oct 4, 2005
    Easily worth the $20 for full arcade versions of Gunsmoke, Final Fight, and 3 Street Fighters. A few clunkers you'll probably abandon, but include 1942 + 1943, Ghosts & Goblins + Ghouls & Ghosts, not to mention Legendary Wings! C'mon! One of the best old school compilations I've ever bought.
  2. PeterJakSon
    Nov 28, 2005
    First of all, it's more than a little annoying that some of the best classic games (Like Captain Commando, which I'd vote for for best brawler ever) aren't included here, yet are in the trailer for the PSP version! Sure, I'll get that too, but I want to play it NOW! Otherwise, if you've got a friend who's into shooters (1943) brawlers (Final Fight) or First of all, it's more than a little annoying that some of the best classic games (Like Captain Commando, which I'd vote for for best brawler ever) aren't included here, yet are in the trailer for the PSP version! Sure, I'll get that too, but I want to play it NOW! Otherwise, if you've got a friend who's into shooters (1943) brawlers (Final Fight) or fighting games (Street Fighter Deluxe Vs), your weekend's pretty much all planned out. Expand

1. PSM Magazine
    Great emulation...wonderful. [Nov 2005, p.90]
    Not only does it give you a lot of information and bonuses with every game in the set, it also (as one of my colleagues put it earlier today) forces you to play each game like a man. If you want to see and learn everything you can about a particular game, you really have to work at it and meet specific challenges to do so.
    Whatever the future brings, this collection represents a decade of brilliance, a look at a top arcade developer in its prime; any serious gamer needs to own this slice of history.