Conflict: Desert Storm PlayStation 2

8.6

1. UmbertoM.
    Oct 9, 2002
    On the whole I did enjoy playing this game even though the graphic and gameplay are not as they should be. Nevertheless it is always a pleasure to kick Iraquis's asses...
  2. MarcF.
    Jan 3, 2003
    The gameplay was excellent, both realistic and enjoyable. If the graphics were a little bit better it would have got a 10. I can't understand why it's got all these bad reviews.
  3. Luke
    Mar 5, 2003
    The game is great. Wide variety of realistic missions. Realistic gameplay and enemy tactics. Worthwhile.
  4. Daisy
    Jan 4, 2003
    I just didn't care to much for this esp. when you try to play two player, I hate split screen games.
  5. AndrewW.
    Feb 23, 2003
    A guess game critics aren't as different as liberals, they both suck. This game is sweet. If you take the time to actually sneak around and observe the environment it's alot more suspenseful than running around and shooting at anything and everything. oh yeah one other thing, Resident Evil is the bomb.
  6. GaryL.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Both myself and my young lad have enjoyed hours of fun with this. I think some of the comments are misguided we LOVE it.
  7. NickG.
    Mar 15, 2003
    This is the perfect game for people who love to play wargames. It's better than Medal of Honor: frontline and just as good as Socom. Anybody wanting to kill Iraqies but is to old or too young will have a blast with this game. The levels are challenging but not impossible. One of the main problems is running out of rockets or bombs, if you face a tank without these items than your This is the perfect game for people who love to play wargames. It's better than Medal of Honor: frontline and just as good as Socom. Anybody wanting to kill Iraqies but is to old or too young will have a blast with this game. The levels are challenging but not impossible. One of the main problems is running out of rockets or bombs, if you face a tank without these items than your screwed. All together it is a great game. Expand
  8. AndyS.
    Mar 21, 2003
    The best war game yet perfect game for people who love to play wargames Wide variety of realistic missions .This is a good MULTI player game this is my favorite game this year it is so tight because you can KILL. i have it for ps2.
  9. Roberto
    Mar 25, 2003
    This game is awesome. I much better than SOCOM... This game is very good... I recommend this game for the people that like the war... I'm waiting for the sequel with enthusiasm.
  10. R.Ruiz
    Apr 10, 2003
    Great game! Now I am wondering will they make a game to the current war "Operation: freedom Iraq"? Only time will tell.
  11. RegS.
    Aug 1, 2003
    C:DS is probably one of the best third-person action shooters ever. Me and my friends laugh our heads off during the co-operative mode it's so funny. I rented it and now I'M GOING TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
  12. JoshB.
    Oct 18, 2002
    This is a cheap rip off of socom, and there is only one type of climate unlike socom which has three.
  13. JacoS.
    Dec 17, 2002
    This game is awesome...those reviews are stooopid! This is a good MULTI player game, because, it's more fun to have control of 2-players instead of 4 split screen...it's better for saving eachother and stuff. Can you deal with that?!
  14. BradM.
    Dec 6, 2002
    A pathetic effort of a game. Only 2 players (even though there a 4 soldiers in your team), no good weapons, dodgy contorols and boring gameplay. DODGY GAME - AVOID. Not worth $99.95 (AU), hardly worth 20c!
  15. GlenG.
    Dec 6, 2002
    One of the best games ive played in a while. It is brilliant for a few mates to get together and have a bash and goof when your on your own. It makes you feel as if your there and the A.I. is wicked.
  16. JonJ.
    Dec 8, 2002
    The Iraqis dont shoot this well. I was looking for the code to offer them MRE's to surrender.
  17. MikeJ.
    Dec 9, 2002
    This game is about the most realistic game out there. There are no "jerky textures" or "slow frame rates", Whoever said that has some issues. This game shows parts of war that not all games do.
  18. TomasB.
    Oct 8, 2002
    Absolutely awesome game!!! The Co-op gameplay was near to perfect and the military tactics were really realistic. I've played the game with my armybuddy and we noticed that both the enemy- and allied A.I. was really good.
  19. RegSMedge
    Oct 29, 2003
    This game is poorly designed and is not very fun compared to other games in which you get to shoot stuff. The people who gave it 10 are obviously are in the <10 bracket because so many games are better than this and I pity the person who buys this game.
  20. BobD.
    Mar 31, 2003
    This game is the bomb-dig-a-de for shizzle dizzle.
  21. AdamT.
    Apr 6, 2003
    Amazing war game, can't wait for sequel!
  22. StewartR.
    May 3, 2003
    Some levels are to hard to beat, and interactions with surroundings are bad. The city levels are to hard to navigate, plus you cannot destroy a tank if it is parked up against a wall. Good graphics, though. The wide aray of weapons and real life missions are great.
  23. LanceM.
    Jun 9, 2003
    This is the hardest game of all time! the only bad thing about it is the fact in order to play multi-player you need to analogs.
  24. MathewM.
    Nov 21, 2002
    Best game i played. I like that missions. It feels real.
  25. ErikD.
    Feb 28, 2003
    I've had no problems with my PC version. This game is addicting big time. I mean, who doesn't like looking through the scope at an un-suspecting Iraqi soldier, just to pop him in the head and watch him flip over 180 style! I also dig the "up-close" indoors fighting where I tend to switch to shotguns, also very satisfying...
  26. MarkW.
    Mar 17, 2003
    The best war game yet. Great game, people who have voted it 6 or less are just sad. Can't wait for the sequel!
  27. DanW.
    Mar 24, 2003
    It rocks if u dont like it then u need mental help m8!
  28. MikeA.
    Mar 26, 2003
    Game looks real from city to desert.
  29. JedK.
    May 19, 2003
    This game is totally sweet!!! the air strikes are also tight.
  30. BobDude
    Jun 11, 2003
    Great multi player action do missions together as a team.
  31. BenW.
    Nov 14, 2002
    Unfortuantely current gamer magazines are biased to games like the Resident Evil series, they don't have the brain capacity to notice what is new and innovative. This game is almost flawless, it flows smoothly unlike anything before it. The multiplayer and computer AI is superior to anything on the market including SOCOM which the AI tends to get confused. With awesome graphics and Unfortuantely current gamer magazines are biased to games like the Resident Evil series, they don't have the brain capacity to notice what is new and innovative. This game is almost flawless, it flows smoothly unlike anything before it. The multiplayer and computer AI is superior to anything on the market including SOCOM which the AI tends to get confused. With awesome graphics and plenty of stealth, problem solving and action this game tops the current market for this genre. Expand
  32. May 21, 2011
    a very good game especially in 2 player you can do a lot of team work and that makes it a very enjoyable co op game to play. i enjoyed playing every mission and i enjoyed sequels as well
  33. Mar 12, 2013
    Conflict Desert Storm is a team based military shooter set, as the title suggests, in the Gulf War of the 1990's. Each mission sees the player(s) put in charge of four soldiers that each possesses different skill sets (heavy weapons expert, explosives expert etc) and sent out to carry out given mission objectives such as rescuing hostages or destroying the enemies’ military equipment.Conflict Desert Storm is a team based military shooter set, as the title suggests, in the Gulf War of the 1990's. Each mission sees the player(s) put in charge of four soldiers that each possesses different skill sets (heavy weapons expert, explosives expert etc) and sent out to carry out given mission objectives such as rescuing hostages or destroying the enemies’ military equipment.

The game allows the player to switch between third and first person views at will with the former providing an auto-aim function and the later allowing for more precise crosshair control. Aside from a few issues with moving your characters aim when near walls or other objects the controls are generally precise and easy to learn.

Commanding your AI compatriots is fairly straightforward and orders such as 'take cover' or 'fire on an enemy' can be given with the press of one button. Should you wish you can even take direct control over any squad member in order to utilise their skill set yourself. Being released in 2002 the game has obviously dated in some areas. The graphics are a far cry from games in the Call of Duty or Battlefield series and the AI of the enemies can be very poor. On occasions it is possible to shoot an enemy to find that his friend, standing barely 10 metres away, is still facing the wrong way completely unaware of your presence.

One element that hasn't dated however is the option to play the entire game in co-op mode with a friend via split screen. Many of todays heavily scripted FPS games fail to provide this option and anyone that enjoyed Call of Duty's Spec Ops missions will certainly find something to enjoy here.

Strangely the Conflict series gradually went downhill from here with the later Vietnam and Denied Ops entries being almost completely unplayable but this first entry in the series remains an engaging team based shooter.
  34. Jun 7, 2012
    Quite a lot of fun in both single and multiplayer. The voice acting is atrocious, the models are low quality, and some of the levels are very difficult, but the game as a whole has a very nice blend of arcade gameplay alongside a realistic setting that make you feel like some sort of Western superman blazing your way through the mindless automatons of a third world dictatorship.
    The very
    The very basic inventory and item system adds a lot to the game, the music isn't too repetitive, the sounds (especially gunfire) are good, and the level progression is engaging.

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#24 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    It's not worth a second look by any but the most battle-hungry war fan. [Dec 2002, p.158]
  2. The dead-average quality of Desert Storm’s gameplay doesn’t help make the cause for realistic-to-a-fault military sims any easier to abdicate.
  3. This version isn't quite as intriguing as the conflict on the Xbox thanks to the shoddier look and only two-player multiplayer.