Crash Twinsanity PlayStation 2

7.9

1. Mar 26, 2015
    Twinsanity = fun but with flaws. Design, plot, movies, music are all interesting and different. With how frustrating some parts are, you will be lucky to make it through the game to enjoy those elements. If only they had spent a little more time on the game to fix the bugs and problems, the game could have been one of the more entertaining platform games around.
  2. Dec 29, 2015
    Crash: Twinsanity levels is a bit long , but aa very divertidisimo time , the rivalry between Crash and Cortex , never turned out to have an unexpected twist.
  3. Apr 12, 2011
    Crash Twinsanity is short of Jak and Ratchet's kind of fun, but it's still an exhilarating effort. Pros: Lots of whacky gameplay, colorful visuals, hilarious characters and dialog, and unlike Wrath of Cortex, the old school platforming is kind of unique in this case. Cons: Once you get to the middle of the game, you realize how effortlessly produced the game is, as if it were rushed.
  4. Oct 4, 2014
    It's been one decade since Traveller's Tales took another go at the Crash Bandicoot franchise--their first try at it resulted in The Wrath of Cortex, which was less a successor and more or less an unflattering expansion of 1998's Warped--and to be honest, any redeeming qualities Crash Twinsanity had in 2004 have aged poorly since then. The cartoonish comic relief and mildly entertainingIt's been one decade since Traveller's Tales took another go at the Crash Bandicoot franchise--their first try at it resulted in The Wrath of Cortex, which was less a successor and more or less an unflattering expansion of 1998's Warped--and to be honest, any redeeming qualities Crash Twinsanity had in 2004 have aged poorly since then. The cartoonish comic relief and mildly entertaining first quarter of the game aside, Twinsanity has more trial-and-error gameplay than it does saving points and there are an equal amount of bugs refraining it from being even remotely enjoyable. Especially in retrospective, the annoying soundtrack--which I'm assuming the creators believed to be apart of the charm of its looney toon-esque environment--and lackluster visuals and sound make for a sleepy experience for adult Crash Bandicoot fans revisiting their past. The 10th anniversary of Crash Twinsanity is about as irrelevant as the existence of this game in the first place. Expand
  5. Feb 25, 2015
    I love the cartoonish graphics in this as it felt unique! I had fun until the level where you have to slide with Cortex, thought it was a bit hard to be honest.
  6. Oct 10, 2011
    For the first hour and a half of the game, it's all about pure addictive platforming, colorful visuals, and hilarious dialogue. However, at at least 50 percent into the game, that fun is crushed by seemingly rushed gameplay mechanics, bugs, and lack of dialogue, making the game ultimately passable.
  7. Oct 1, 2013
    This crash comes nowhere close to the other Crash Bandicoot games made. The first half of the game was pretty fun, but after that, things get repetitive and just boring. The story is nothing to boast about either. Overall the game just doesn't hold up long enough to make it great like the old crash games were. Though its not a horrible game, its a true disappointment to the crash series.
  8. Jul 1, 2012
    Playing Crash Twinsanity was a bitter sweet experience for me. I saw a preview for it on a Sonic X VHS and, being the Crash fan that I am, I wanted it so bad. But chance upon chance, I missed every single oppertunity to buy the game. Then I finally got it years later. Playing this game is a love it or hate it situation. There are a lot of problems in the game the bog it down and it isPlaying Crash Twinsanity was a bitter sweet experience for me. I saw a preview for it on a Sonic X VHS and, being the Crash fan that I am, I wanted it so bad. But chance upon chance, I missed every single oppertunity to buy the game. Then I finally got it years later. Playing this game is a love it or hate it situation. There are a lot of problems in the game the bog it down and it is understandable why you would hate it, but down to the core gameplay, It's just plain fun. Twinsanity is the first game in the Crash series that seperates from it's roots. Up to now, Crash has been doing the same thing over and over again, so this is a breath of fresh air. Unlike...that abomination known as Crash Nitro Kart. The story revolves around Two evils creatures known as the Evil Twins trying to destroy the world for some reason that is dicovered later on. Crash and Cortex team up to fight these two and save their world. The story within itself is fine, but it's progression is just stupid. The appearence of The Evil Twins is just completely random and it just throws the player off guard. These two random characters pop out of nowhere and just start torturing Crash and Cortex and we have no idea why, and there are consistant plotholes, but nothing too big. This has got to be the most cartoony Crash game I have ever played in my entire life The whole world feels like a playable cartoon, and the music is...um...different from the rest of the series...I'm glad that they just didn't take the Crash Warped theme and sticked it onto this like every other game before it. It's different and even catchy, but it can get annoying and the boss music is the best out of all! I can't exactly escribe it. You really have tpo hear it to see how different the music is. The graphics are indeed Crash Bandicoot. This is the one Crash bandicoot game I have played that has come oh so close to the presentation that the original Crash Bandicoot had. Lushoious, 3-D enviorments keep the game's cartoony charm, and with a wide variety of places to explore, it's hard not to appreciate the game's presentation. The game is open world, so It's different from the past Crash bandicoot games. While it's supposed to be open world, I feel like I can't go whereever I want for some reason. The world is large and there are 4 individual worlds to explore each with 5 places inside them, making the world large, but I still feel restricted. Now to the gameplay. This is definetley a mix bag. First off let's talk about one thing that you will encounter countless times: Cheap Death. The game comes up with as many cheap ways for you to die as possible, and since life boxes do not respawn, the only way to regain lives are by collecting wumpa fruit. Why are there cheap deaths? 3 reasons the could have been obviously fixed by TRaveler's Tales: 1. Nitros kill you in one hit. In every other Crash game, the nitro could only kill you if you didn't have Aku Aku, but in this game, an explosion of any kind IS GOING TO KILL YOU!!! EVEN IF YOU'RE INVINCIBLE, THE NITROS WILL KILL YOU!!!! WHY THE SUDDEN CHANGE? IS THIS TO RAISE THE AMOUNT OF DIFFICULTY THE GAME HAS? WELL IT'S NOT WORKING!! THIS COMES OFF AS CHEAP! AND TRUST ME, YOU WILL DIE BECAUSE OF THESE THINGS, WETHER THEY BE HIDDEN OR YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM A BUS AND YOU FORGOT TO HIT A CRATE HAT WOULD'VE DESTROYED THEM BEFOREHAND, THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!! 2. Glitches. Everything from Aku Aku not appearing to ammo boxes not responing to falling off a cliff thats too high WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN A CRASH GAME BEFORE, FROM PHASING INTO A WALL TO just touching a charcater, everything is here. 3. Camera. The camer can seriously screw you up in platforming sections because it views you at awkward angles making you unable to see your shadow, and some platforms won't cast your shadow which is a must in platforming! Sometimes the camera will spaz out on you, and you'll run into A NITRO AND FREAKING DIE ANOTHER CHEAP DEATH!!! I MEAN...JUST...FDSCGESRAKHFVGSUHYFUHGSSGUJNHFCU CXBVUYNHFDCUBVGDRTCBG...ok...I'm good now... at certain times, you can control Nina and Cortex. Cortex is just pathetic. He just mostly consitis of poor shooting sections and you can't even jump over boxes with him. Plus, you only get to play as him twice. They must've knew he sucked, since most of the game you'll be playing as crash. Nina is actually fun. They try to put her in platforming scetions, and they do it quite well. Sometimes, you'll controll both crash and cortex. This works, as well as the snowboarding section, although the control is ridiculouly awkward. I found myself in the air trying to turn, but i just rotate and NITRO BOXES KILL ME AGAIN!!! Wuth all of these problems, the best part is the core itself. All of these problems are small and if you can except the game for what it is, Twinsanity...can be a good game. I give it a 7.5 Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is equally as generic as mario 3d land. Ready at Dawn is a better developer than travelers tales travelers tales may be talented at making Lego games. But ready at dawn does a better job with jack.
  10. Jan 20, 2013
    A Crash game that succeeds as a great platformer and is very enjoyable to play...until it ends. Then, unfortunately, there really isn't much to go back to.
  11. Feb 5, 2012
    It's a good game for the first few levels, then it all goes downhill. The framerate is just horrible at some parts of the game, and once you beat the second world you will notice that it seems as if alot of cutscenes were taken out of the game and it feels very unfinished and rushed. Another major flaw about this game was the enemies due to the fact when you would hit them, they wouldn'tIt's a good game for the first few levels, then it all goes downhill. The framerate is just horrible at some parts of the game, and once you beat the second world you will notice that it seems as if alot of cutscenes were taken out of the game and it feels very unfinished and rushed. Another major flaw about this game was the enemies due to the fact when you would hit them, they wouldn't die or their dead prop will get in your way allowing another enemy to hit you. Also when you break crates sometimes it doesn't even give you what is in side of it. It could have been much better but the flaws really do ruin the game Expand
    Jan 11, 2005
    It's all right, but if you're a fan of the series i'm pretty sure you won't like it.
  13. Jessica
    Jul 6, 2005
    This game would be better if there were more save points... also things would be greatly improved if you didn´t have to suffer through the same outscenes OVER and OVER AGAIN! Everyone in our house now needs anger management counselling.
  14. CerysZ.
    Aug 16, 2005
    I like the game its fun an thers more space 2 rome around but needs more save points. i have thrown the control many times after gettin far then havn 2 do it all agen and its so anoyin wen u hav 2 do that but id give it 7/10 anyway bcuz crash rocks!
  15. Chelsea
    May 15, 2007
    It's good but i like the others crash bandicoot games better. There isnt enough save points and it gets borng doing the same things over again!!!!!!
  16. A.C.
    Jan 19, 2008
    This is not the Crash Bandicoot I know and love at all. Nothing is right in this game. Mediocre graphics, Ugly level design, embarrasing humor, and most important... The music is a pile of garbage.

#11 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#68 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Play Magazine
    Creating a gamer's game through and through, Traveller's Tales has delivered a 60 fps cartoon epic without sacrificing expanse, dwarfing boss encounters or vivid effects by skillfully balancing model and environment integrity with performance. [Oct 2004, p.69]
    If you are looking for a reason to throw your Playstation 2 against a wall, I would recommend this game. If you are a fan of the series, maybe I am missing something.
  3. PSM Magazine
    Though the game looks and controls well, levels appear to be designed to kill the player in as many cheap ways as possible. [Dec 2004, p.78]