Digimon World 4 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Bandai
  • Release Date: Jun 2, 2005
6.9

1. Aug 16, 2016
    Digimon World 4 is a bad hack and slash game, bad levels designs, with overpower bosses and bad story, this is one of the worst digimon game, and one of the worst game I've played.
  2. Aug 6, 2016
  3. Oct 7, 2015
    This game is not the best game you will ever play but for someone that wants to have a lot of fun in university with friends and drinking games, this game is amazing. I used to play it a lot when I was a child and now that I've got it again, I really feel good about it. It's an amazing game which is underrated. Yes, it has lot's of bugs, clunky controls and annoying enemies, but still. IThis game is not the best game you will ever play but for someone that wants to have a lot of fun in university with friends and drinking games, this game is amazing. I used to play it a lot when I was a child and now that I've got it again, I really feel good about it. It's an amazing game which is underrated. Yes, it has lot's of bugs, clunky controls and annoying enemies, but still. I love this game Expand
  4. Aug 8, 2015
    I heavily enjoyed the game myself, and play it even now years later.

I do have to agree that there are a lot of things you can do to strengthen your Digimon that is very poorly explained, but overall it's a fun game. I very much enjoyed the combat style and could easily waste hours playing it. One of its worst features is its damn near complete lack of a story, what they have is
    I heavily enjoyed the game myself, and play it even now years later.

I very much enjoyed the combat style and could easily waste hours playing it.

One of its worst features is its damn near complete lack of a story, what they have is barely there and honestly subtracts from the game a little simply due to how basic it is.
  5. Jul 20, 2013
    A horrendously bad game. I haven't played any other Digimon World games, but I don't think I want to. There is a lot of information needed to be known by the player in terms of stats, equipment, spells, etc. However, the game does an atrocious job of teaching it to you. Learning the rules of the game is optional and forces you to talk to rooms filled of tutorial-elves. Combat isA horrendously bad game. I haven't played any other Digimon World games, but I don't think I want to. There is a lot of information needed to be known by the player in terms of stats, equipment, spells, etc. However, the game does an atrocious job of teaching it to you. Learning the rules of the game is optional and forces you to talk to rooms filled of tutorial-elves. Combat is ridiculous. Your character swings your sword with the same animation over and over, causing sword-fighting to look goofy and ineffective. Level structure is abominable. There are no save points, meaning every time you die you have restart from the main hub. This presents forced back-tracking, making traversing through the world repetitive. If the game was easy, this wouldn't be such a big problem. The enemies take a massive amount of hits, barely drop health-restoring items, are more agile than you, and respawn constantly. The game is designed to be played with four people, but more often than not you'll be playing alone or with one other person. One could rationalize that you can buy healing items, but they are ridiculously overpriced. Not only that, but whenever you die you loose all of your money. You can revive your past-self to regain your money, but reviving requires an item that is rarely dropped by enemies. Digimon World 4 is a giant mess of missed-direction, confusion, and frustration. The story is non-existent, the gameplay is shallow and poorly executed, the mechanics are unexplained and confusing. It could possibly be the worst game I've ever played. Expand
  6. JaredP.
    Feb 6, 2007
    I thought it was a cute game I'm 13 but I still like it even the older ones like 1,2,3 they were all good because they offer a challenge and take forever to beat.
  7. JuanD.
    Jan 24, 2006
    The interphase between scenarios takes to much time.
  8. StephenC.
    Jan 11, 2006
    this game is for 5 year olds who have no other games who would torture 4 friends by making them play this game.
  9. AlexanderD.
    Oct 30, 2005
    I think Digimon world 4 should be 100% 10 out of 10 because the game uses weapons and it also digivolves and use a weapon too unlike the other digimon world/rumble arena games!
  10. BonbonAliano
    Aug 6, 2005
    Personally, I'm not a fan of Digimon. But, I think that the 1st "Digimon World" for the old PlayStation is better than the new versions. Why they make it worse?
  11. Joey
    Jun 15, 2005
    The 3-D enviroment was really interesting and the Weapon skills was a great addition. However the long load times between areas and the digivolving system leave something to be desired.

#91 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. I really tried to understand the appeal of Digimon, but the bland little scamps just rub me the wrong way. Digimon World 4 won't convert anyone who doesn't already get it.
    It has a wholly unsatisfying single-player game, made worse by a clunky camera and overly cheap enemies. It's also unbalanced, leaving players without any compatriots out in the cold.
  3. Cheat Code Central
    A poor imitation of a solid RPG. It plays like a knock off. On one hand I'm glad to see that Digimon is changing its direction but on the other hand I have a finger that can't wait to press the Off button.