8.2

1. Sep 24, 2014
    It shames me to say this, but this was the first Monkey Island game I played.

It shames me to say this, but this was the first Monkey Island game I played.

I had known of the series for a long time and it just never appealed to me. But after much curiosity I had to see what all the fuss was about. To my surprise I liked it. An old school adventure game on the PS2, was a refreshing break from everything else that was out at the time. Also, there were very few games that could be labeled (primarily) as a comedy. Comedy based triple A titles are very few.

The art style is beautiful, the jokes, while a little childish, are funny and made smile and laugh allot. But for all its praise, I can see why there were so few of these games in its day on console. It's style simply just wasn't a good fit anymore.

Overall:
    Thanks to this game, I fell in love with the Monkey Island series and I am glad I got a chance to play this.

1. The game’s best aspect by far is the sound – and the hours of dialogue which make up the base of the game’s audio.
    Everything that made EFMI so great on the PC arrives on the PS2 perfectly intact. The game’s many puzzles are perfectly balanced.
    It looks good, it's easy to control, it has classic puzzles, and more than anything, it's a heck of a laugh. All that, and monkeys to boot.