9.2

1. MattS.
    Dec 12, 2003
    People, let's be reasonable, this area is to rate games, not to give it a 10 when you haven't played it and say " I can't wait to play it, it looks great!". This is not a message board, so unless you can say something helpful, please post your messages elsewhere
  2. PatA.
    May 5, 2004
    Where is the scary parts? i was expecting what i was told was going to be the scariest game ever played, too short and not as scary as silent hill. What about it was so scary to you people?
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    Controlling you're character and getting that camera to work just how you want it are in fact more nightmarish than the game itself. Yes it is plagued by Resident Evil syndrome wherein you have predesignated camera angles in rooms that add frustration to the clunky movement of you're character. Thank god the game is incredibly easy and I mean its really just running around-bump intoControlling you're character and getting that camera to work just how you want it are in fact more nightmarish than the game itself. Yes it is plagued by Resident Evil syndrome wherein you have predesignated camera angles in rooms that add frustration to the clunky movement of you're character. Thank god the game is incredibly easy and I mean its really just running around-bump into ghost (or wall)-simple attack pattern-click-flash-fatal frame-dead-dead ghost. Thats the game outside of some pretty average puzzles and tracking down keys along finding some cryptic clues have yet to explain many things in full about the ultimate plot. I'm guessing thats not the focus here though. The camera is an excellent concept, the upgrading is cool and customization is fantastic. It is however, overpowered and dispatches those pesky ghosts pretty quickly especially when you find the more powerful film soon after the beginning. The unsettling details of terrible deaths and even "replayed" said terrible deaths are more intense then the combat alone though. You will quickly start asking yourself: "why are the rooms up until the ghosts creepier than my fights with ghosts?" Its also not very scary, but the atmosphere is quite good and enjoyable if you like that sort of theme in you're horror genre. Another thing that I found odd was- exactly how are you killed by a ghost? I mean when a ghost touches my ankle how exactly do I take damage from that? When a ghost gives me a hug- how exactly did that detract from my health? It also doesn't establish why some ghosts are just neutral. Like the many apparitions you take snapshots of or clues that require you to "exercise" a ghostly spirit for some reason they aren't harmful? Oh, but restless ghostly spirits are though! Right. It kind of just makes up these pre-established rules, but its not a huge deal. Its still great if you enjoy this series. It does a lot of things right and its fun too. The village is quite linear though and the game is a bit on the short side although over-all its a great experience. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    The atmosphere is definitely creepy, but this just wasn't my cup of tea. I like to fight monsters, not take a picture of them to "fight" them. Granted the ghosts were pretty terrifying-looking, I was never scared. I just didn't find the game fun at all.
  5. MaikaoX.
    Feb 17, 2004
    It was alright. Not much different from the first. I was expecting more from this one, so a little disappointed.

#38 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. games(TM)
    Exploring the lost village is a terrifying experience that's enhanced by a greatly improved graphics engine and a well-structured soundtrack. Tecmo's latest effort may be flawed and far from innovative, but it's still an enjoyably scary experience. [Feb 2004, p.114]
  2. Warning though, this one's not for kids (unless you don't mind them staying up all night, too scared to go to sleep).
  3. There’s not much innovation here — the gameplay is far too linear and there is too much emphasis on key searching to trigger the next cut scene — but for atmosphere alone it is hard to beat.