8.9

1. IchigoTahata
    May 4, 2008
    Probably the best horror game i have ever played. No matter how many times i play it, I still jump out of my seat. I think this is the best in the series. You get to play as three different characters and see each characters way of surviving the house. It has a creepy atmosphere , a great storyline and uniqe characters and ghost. The only problem I had with the game was that most the timeProbably the best horror game i have ever played. No matter how many times i play it, I still jump out of my seat. I think this is the best in the series. You get to play as three different characters and see each characters way of surviving the house. It has a creepy atmosphere , a great storyline and uniqe characters and ghost. The only problem I had with the game was that most the time the characters sound like they are speaking though a crappy microphone but that's it and i highly recommend it to any survival horror fan and the best time to play it? At night with all the lights off hehe. Expand
  2. SabrinaW.
    Mar 18, 2007
    This game is the best survival horror game yet! Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II was pretty scary, but they were nothing like this game. Fatal Frame III has great graphics, of course, cause the Ps2 has better graphics than xbox, although I think this game is on xbox. It has great controls, great combat, nice and fast, and I somewhat seem to get more Fatal Frames than on the other two. It is This game is the best survival horror game yet! Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II was pretty scary, but they were nothing like this game. Fatal Frame III has great graphics, of course, cause the Ps2 has better graphics than xbox, although I think this game is on xbox. It has great controls, great combat, nice and fast, and I somewhat seem to get more Fatal Frames than on the other two. It is spooky, but you will need a walkthrough with it. It is the scariest game I have ever played. It is right next to Tekken 5 on my favorites list. Everyone should own Fatal Frame III. The good thing is you run into alot of ghosts, every second you walk, unlike Fatal Frame, Fatal frame lacked ghost combat a little bit. If you think Silent Hill 4 is scary, play this one! You will be horrified every second of gameplay! And every fatal frame story is in one! Excellent story. If it happened in real life, it would be horrifying. And Miku with Rei! That is so cool. Rei and Miku are my favorites. Get this game! It deserves a ten! Expand
  3. MattP.
    Nov 8, 2005
    A must have for horror fans! Best of the series!
  4. DanielPereira
    May 23, 2008
    So so scary!! I tell you i can´t play it by myself in the dark! I completed the game playng in daylight. I can´t play it at night. It creps me out. But some day i´ll do IT! Anyway this game is so crepy but also a great game! Fantastic game really.
  5. NoutaV.
    Dec 22, 2006
    It's the scariest game that you'll ever see!!!!! never play it alone!!!!!
  6. Jan 21, 2012
    It is really awkward game control and the only satisfying thing in this game is that the atmosphere has a scary views . The uses of language that not really common that this game was originally Japanese , also made the game is hard to understand..

It is a good game but not Outstanding though
  7. Sep 26, 2013
    I really did like this game, but nowhere near as much as FF2. It does everything right, great atmosphere, good scares, excellent visuals and sounds. But, it doesn't really add anything new to the formula, aside from a slightly more modern setting for the lead character.

Overall: FF3 feels more adds almost nothing new to the mix and delivers more of the same. Watered down if compared to

Overall:
    FF3 feels more adds almost nothing new to the mix and delivers more of the same. Watered down if compared to FF2. Still, it is a fun game and worthy of the name.
  8. Cavador
    Mar 4, 2006
    Great atmosfere, excellent story, very scary but same old gameplay elements and frustrating game mechanics.
  9. JayW.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Far and away the best survival horror game out in the market. From the presentation to the sound and the camera angles in game!! There is seriously nothing more that I could want from this game!! Highly recommended to real survival horror fans!!
  10. JonathanM.
    Nov 17, 2005
    Not as good as Crimson Butterfly by a longshot.
  11. Lizm.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Very very awesome, ghosts are the scariest yet!
  12. ChrisL.
    Jan 19, 2006
    i love this game...i must say its up there with resident evil and silent hill. This is the only fatal frame game ive played thoe.l..but the getting the other 2 this weekend. I think you should get this game, it really makes you tense, but if you dont like to be scared this isn't your game.
  13. Feb 10, 2016
    Fatal Frame Series are the best games in my life. And this one is the greatest.
    The game only have 2 problems, the sound have very low quality comparing to the previous game.
    And this game is too bright, not dark like the previous game, so I recommend to low the brightest in the settings a lot. In the way it becomes equal to the 2 first games. This game is longer, deeper, better
    Fatal Frame Series are the best games in my life. And this one is the greatest.
    This game is longer, deeper, better graphics, better story, better controls. You have more fun skills and personal skills from each character that adds enjoyment to the gameplay. The best fights in the series is here.
    The difficult is great, not too hard like the Fatal Frame 1 and not to easy like Fatal Frame 2.
    It is hard to say wich I prefer actually, 1 or 3. I love both, 2 is way too easy.
  14. Jun 5, 2012
    Instead of pumping lead into the undead or blasting a zombies' brainless head clean of the neck with a shotgun, the protagonist in Fatal Frame forces his or her way through a huge number of ghosts and spirits by taking...pictures of them. Four years after the original Fatal Frame, the 3rd installment was released, starring the 23 years old freelance photographer Rei Kurosawa. Her fianceeInstead of pumping lead into the undead or blasting a zombies' brainless head clean of the neck with a shotgun, the protagonist in Fatal Frame forces his or her way through a huge number of ghosts and spirits by taking...pictures of them. Four years after the original Fatal Frame, the 3rd installment was released, starring the 23 years old freelance photographer Rei Kurosawa. Her fiancee was killed in a car accident, and she was drawn into the Fatal Frame premise because she could see his image appearing on one of the photos she had taken during a "haunted house" assignment. There is a major change in the game-play compared to the first two games, being that the actual adventure that takes Rei through and old Japanese manor only takes part in her dreams. While being awake, you can walk freely through her own house, interact with people and pets, check all kinds of books and tapes you find during the game and even develop photos in a special darkroom. With the whole day and night setup, the game is divided into "hours" that can be regarded as missions and "nights", basically a new night begins every time you go to sleep. In certain missions, you may even leave the dreamworld and continue the mission during the next night if desired. Another change is that you take control of different characters (unlike Fatal Frame 2, only one at a time). Regarding the control scheme and overall interaction with the surroundings, items and ghosts, nothing about the formula has been changed. There are always those complaining about too little innovation but I say if it ain't broken don't fix it. As known from the first two games, all playable characters sooner or later get hold of the "Camera Obscura" that can be used to see things invisible for the human eye and actually deal damage to hostile ghosts. So basically you have to make your way through a very old and very dark and creepy Japanese manor and defend yourself against a huge number of ghosts that want you dead while trying to find out the secrets behind the incidents that took part at the manor and the reason why you are there. Taking all that, the Game is inspired to a huge extent by Japanese history and culture. The very well thought about story is not only told within the game itself, but also through various forms of writings such as newspaper articles, diaries and so on. Let me say it directly, there is a LOT to read, and the game really develops its full potential when you take your time to fully dive into its world and actually read the very interesting material that gives a lot of background information and links between the characters. On a different note, you might as well skip all that and just play the game, and still enjoy it. The enemy design in this game is fantastic and contained what I love most about fighting in video games: Getting my ass handed back to me on a silver plate the first time around and come back with a new strategy (or several ones if necessary) to become victorious. The harmful ghosts appear in a large variety with different attacks and attack pattern. I got scared by suddenly appearing ghosts and creepy sound/visual effects many times, the tension when walking through the dark corridors of the mansion is constant and lets the neck on your hair stand up when playing alone or at night. The manor is old, it is dark and mysterious, and that makes it a great surrounding. The fact that many rooms and areas look similar to others gives you a feeling of being lost, which does become better over time since you will be walking back and forth collecting items a lot. You will feel alone and vulnerable, and that is basically what creates survival horror. Some enemies are very tough, this game is no walk in the park, you will have to adjust your strategies and keep up a good item management, even though the game is quite fair with re-spawning healing items and film rolls (the ammunition for the camera so to say, it comes in different types and strengths) in certain places that you might be visiting frequently for that reason.While you might chose to run away from some extremely powerful enemies, you will love to fight some of them again and again as the battle system is very rewarding for learning and improving it. The overall play time on my first walk-through was about 15 hours. I found it very well-balanced, and the way the climax is built up is nearly perfect. As in the first two games, a "mission" mode in which you have to defeat ghosts from the game as well as new ones in a certain time or with the highest score you can get in order to unlock new missions or items. You can also use the points achieved through good photos to buy additional costumes or gimmicks. And who does not want to see glasses or cat-ears on his favorite female (game) character? Expand
  15. Oct 28, 2013
    A true adventure/horror game, unlike many games that are marketed as such. The atmosphere is excellent and the storyline captivating. The gameplay is a perfect mix of exploration, combat and puzzle solving, so it does never become boring. It's a quite lengthy game overall but there are always enough hints on where you need to go and what to do next. Most of the time you have to "exorcise"A true adventure/horror game, unlike many games that are marketed as such. The atmosphere is excellent and the storyline captivating. The gameplay is a perfect mix of exploration, combat and puzzle solving, so it does never become boring. It's a quite lengthy game overall but there are always enough hints on where you need to go and what to do next. Most of the time you have to "exorcise" a specific ghost with your camera which then unlocks a door on another part of the mansion. There are usually "hotspots" near each obstacle that tell you what you need to do in order to overcome it, by just taking a photo of them. What's interesting is that each ghost behaves on its own way, so you can never really predict what you are about to face next or whether you will be able to deal with it, without taking any damage. The only things that could be better in Fatal Frame 3, in my opinion, are the controls which are a bit slow and unresponsive and the "meh" voice acting. Overall, it's an excellent game game that every fan of adventure/horror should play, Expand
  16. Nov 12, 2013
    AWESOME This was the first real scary game I played the first major jump scare in the beginning got me to where i didn't play this game for a whole week XD good graphics and good story
  17. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a game I consider true Psychological Horror. Instead of fighting Zombies or Monsters (or aliens), you must deal with Ghosts that will try to kill you every step of the way. As you try to explore the Manor of Sleep and try to solve its grim mysteries. You control 3 different characters throughout the story and each character handles the ghosts a different way. Rei is balanced andThis is a game I consider true Psychological Horror. Instead of fighting Zombies or Monsters (or aliens), you must deal with Ghosts that will try to kill you every step of the way. As you try to explore the Manor of Sleep and try to solve its grim mysteries. You control 3 different characters throughout the story and each character handles the ghosts a different way. Rei is balanced and uses Camera Obscura in a balanced fashion. Miku has high spirit power so her attacks cause more damage though the capture circle on the Camera Obscura is a bit smaller. Kei is not so good at fighting, so he mostly should hide and wait for the bad ghosties to go away.(Unless the game is scripted so you have to fight the ghosts.)
    This game is scary, It's graphics are top-notch and it's story isn't half bad either. This game may have a few flaws, but none that I could find. So with all the power of an unpaid reviewer hidden amongst millions of other reviewers, I give this game a 10!
  18. Dec 14, 2015
    Tormented is even better than crimson butterfly.story is more deep,game play is more fun and the manor,the manor of sleep,it is so unique and in every corner of it,a deadly ghost awaits to capture by your awesome Camera Obs Cur a.
    are you a fan of horror games?then play it immediately.
    are you a fan of two previous games?play it now!

#55 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#90 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Frame's spooky atmosphere and subtle use of ambient noise and music build a sense of mounting terror that makes the actual enemy and cutscene scares all the more pants-wetting.
    In a world with "Resident Evil 4" and "Ties That Bind," its sluggish movement and less responsive controls are becoming harder to forgive with time -- especially when coupled with a heavy amount of backtracking (which The Tormented has) and long moments of build-up between screams.
  3. It's certainly a quality product, but the stiff controls, the back tracking, and the predictability is soooo 2004.