• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Mar 4, 2002
8.8

1. Aug 17, 2010
    This game and that **** with the messed up neck still scare me to this very day. The sounds are amazing and give an effect of almost surround sound-like quality even on a normal stereo television. Very terrifying ambiance. Story is quite interestingly done also.
  2. Dec 8, 2013
    It is a 9 for me just because the other 2 were longer. It's good for what it is and this kind of game isn't supposed to have weapons and action so forget about that, this isn't silent hill. This is slow paced and scary so it is supposed to surprise you and make you jump when it's quiet and you don't know what to expect. Weapons and a lot of fighting would ruin it badly.

1. I am happy to report that after many hours of lost sleep, hearing things that weren’t really there, and near fatal heart attacks it definitely is not only the most terrifying game experience I have ever had, but one of the more solid ones I have had as well.
  2. Feels quite derivative of a lot of other horror games. [Apr 2002]
  3. You'll honestly find some sequences rather creepy...As far as horror-themed games go, Fatal Frame is one of the most interesting--in regard to its premise and the way it plays--to surface in a while.