FIFA Street 2 PlayStation 2

7.7

1. bertieatkinson
    Mar 10, 2006
    this game is pure and utter horse shit!!!!. i cud shit out beta games than the guys who made this peice of shit!!1. The goalies on ur own team are absolute fukin shit and the fukin teams are WANKERS, PUSSIES, FUKIN DICKHEADS!!!. i hope the people hu made this realise wat a shit game the hav made!!!!!!. Music's annoyin, camera pisses me off. wat a peice of cackshit
  2. ViktorV.
    Jun 26, 2006
    Terrible game, so inconsistent and even on easy mode the CPU still has a bigger advantage(beat tricks hardly "beat" them at all, but everytime they perform a trick, you're on the ground much loner than they are).
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    After the truly terrible original title in the FIFA Street series I never intended to play the sequel but was convinced by a friend to give it a go because it was 'Much better'.

I won't deny that it is an improvement. The truly irritating announcer and awful music has been replaced and there is more of a flow to the gameplay with the tricks and skills being better integrated into the actual soccer side of things. Unfortunately however it is still simply not particularly fun to play with the gameplay primarily involving the waggling of the analogue sticks in order to perform tricks and winning still require little to no skill.

If you want to play Soccer on your PS2 just buy the regular FIFA games or Pro Evolution Soccer instead and give this one a miss.

#55 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

It's not a crap title. However, the sport of soccer doesn't translate as well as basketball to this arcade style of play. The fun factor isn't as high. This is partially due to the over-emphasis on tricks, which remove the actual game of soccer, and it's also due to the game's mechanics.
    Bad controls, horrible voice-over (it's just as cliche as it was last time), and the trademark and annoyingly pervasive EA Radio will tax not only your brain, but also your ears. Soccer may be a beautiful game, but it's about time to kick FIFA Street 2 to the gutter.
  3. I appreciate that they expanded the tricks, and added some real players to the mix. And the new Gamebreaker is nice. But overall the trick controls are just as difficult, if not more, than the first game. And not having online gameplay is a big big big issue for me.