Jul 28, 2013The idea of creating a more arcade style, quicker paced spin-off of the hugely popular FIFA series was certainly a sound one, after all it worked pretty well with the NBA Street series. Unfortunately however, when it came to the execution EA got virtually everything wrong.
Even played against a friend it was difficult to garner much enjoyment from the game and I could spend all day listing the huge number of flaws that prevent it from even being considered average, just a few examples of this are listed below:
- Terrible ball physics with players seemingly having the ball stuck to the feet.
- Too much focus on being able to perform worthless tricks rather than actually playing soccer.
- The special 'Gamebreaker' shots are a waste of time.
- A terrible selection of 'rap' music and a truly obnoxious game announcer.
- Winning is far more reliant on luck than skill.
- Dull single player career mode.
I could go on but by now you should have realised that this is one to avoid.… Expand