7.2

1. Feb 19, 2014
    I felt embarrassed playing X-2. X-2 was made for teeny boppers. Or the J-pop crowd in Japan. If you fit into this demographic, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's certainly not for me. The music is horrible for an RPG. It's not "fantasy" at all. Yuna becomes a Lara Croft version of a pop star? What the hell? SE tried far too hard to make X-2 "hip." ie: "You scored a potion!"
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Hate the day SE made this game... X should have ended with Tidus dying if would've been a perfect ending instead Yuna is trying to chase a girl's dream for her dream prince with her somewhat *sexy* team the Gullwings, and now sfter Sin died It's a free world and many girls now run around half naked.
    The story doesen't work at all for me it's just another way of SE to milk a game. And what makes the story even worse is that it's absolutley impossible to finish the gae 100% to get the perfect ending, after the third time trying to get it without cheating which I guessed every goddamn kid playing this game did due to the fact you can't finish the game perfect without a guide. The game is built in a way that you might need to talk to person A, in chapter 1 who direct's you to talk to person B in chapter 2 who sit's behind a box, unavailable too see on the screen. Person B want's you to find an item the can only be obtained when you are at a certain place in chapter 4 that's also behind some stupid box and that leads you to person C who's in chapter 5 and you have to talk to him in a place you never gonna visit before the last boss and woalla! you have no earned yourself 2%. now you just gotta do that for the other 40 due the fact the you will get 40 from just finishing the game and the other 20% aresome what extra that you get so everyone ends with at least a good ending...
    Well the good thing about this game has to be the battle system, nice flor. you can attack with timed attacks for extra effect and the job system is nice.
    Well as a matter of fact the only thing that makes me play this game is the battle mode and the coin game (another math game) Yeah I like it.
  3. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In all honesty I hated this game, they ruined the story for me and beings that's all I bought it for its getting a really bad review. To start off, the main character in this game has gone through complete lifestyle change after her religion in the first game was smashed (which to a degree makes sense) but who would go from being someone willing to sacrifice themselves for everyone else, to a pop star that is continuously in search of her lost boy friend? Now, if I can over look all the stupid dancing you focus in on the enemies, the main villains in the game are jokes, they want to be rich pop stars and are trying to steal the main characters identity? If that isn't bad enough by the end of those same villains are showing their good side and helping you out. Then there is the battle system, I'll admit its kind of neat, but the AI is always going to be able to make choices faster than a player, if it paused when you were making choices it'd be pretty cool, but as it is its just X's system that ignores the time it takes for players to make decisions, allowing your enemies to sneak more hits in why you try to select your dang attack. Finally there is the ending, the reason why anyone played this game was to find Tidus, that's what everyone wants to see, and after watching YouTube see you actually can, not that I'd have ever figured that out because you have to get a 100% completion, and the game really isn't enough fun to make one want to grid through it to get there.

So in all, I found the characters to be over simplified, the battle system okay, the story dumbed down, the music rather meh, the sphere grid lame, the recycling of all the environments to be rather lazy (except the villain that they rebuilt, that was cool, but most of the new areas were just hall ways that used the same tile over and over), some of the puzzles were good, but in all it just left me wanting more.

They also recycled all the aeons as bosses, and your base is a flying car... literally.

I could easily have given this game a better review if I wouldn't have played the other one first, but after playing X and then X2 you realize how much they recycled and then failed to produce a good story, this seems more like a budge saving game to milk people's money who loved X.
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    Sailor moon + charlie´s angels + Britney Spears + Japan idol Pop + hot and sexy = Final Fantasy X-2. The first great spot in Final Fantasy´s history.
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Perhaps the worst game I've ever played... The 1st game that showed that SE quality demise... I wish I could travel back to the past and stop myself from buying this atrocious piece of %$@#*&.

There's never been a Final Fantasy as free and as fun as X-2.
  2. Over-familiarity and stagnation has bred a cancerous apathy among gaming's cognoscenti. FFX-2, like it or not, gives players a reason to take notice again. [Jan 2004, p.98]
  3. A respectable follow-up, but it doesn't come close to rekindling the magic of the original. [Dec 2003, p.132]