• Publisher: Atari
  • Also On: PC
6.9

1. ZachH.
    Aug 5, 2008
    While I'll agree that the camera angles are nice, and the story line is interesting, I really don't like this game. The missions are repetitive, the battle system is shallow, and for the first half of the game, you can get away with mostly jamming on the X button, occasionally doing a Super when it gets too crowded, or holding down L1 so you can mash on X more, only for distantWhile I'll agree that the camera angles are nice, and the story line is interesting, I really don't like this game. The missions are repetitive, the battle system is shallow, and for the first half of the game, you can get away with mostly jamming on the X button, occasionally doing a Super when it gets too crowded, or holding down L1 so you can mash on X more, only for distant enemies. The second half kicks up a bit, but the crappy team AI will leave you to die in the corner by a large group of enemies. Don't buy this game unless you are either a big fan (I mean huge) of the Forgotten Realms series or a masochist. Expand
  2. JLongden
    Dec 13, 2006
    With good graphics, excellent voice acting, and fun, yet repetitive, gameplay you'd expect this to be a half-decent game. Unfortunately, the crappy camera control (or lack thereof) is the deal killer, and makes the game more frustrating than fun. That said, I did only pay 10 bucks for it, and that makes it somewhat forgivable.
  3. MarcD.
    Sep 30, 2004
    I had really high hopes for this game and it let me down...hard. It was too short and pretty damn boring.
  4. SiewWaiT.
    Sep 14, 2004
    This game is cool and I love its gameplay. It's like an improved LOTR game. Moreover, u can switch between characters. The storyline is intriguing and it leaves u wonder what will happen next. If u love LOTR (the ones done by EA games), then this is a good buy.

#64 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A game with both style and substance. Yes it gets repetitive and yes it might seem like just a button-masher, but it’s an enjoyably addictive action game fans of the genre shouldn‘t miss.
  2. An evolutionary step above what Stormfront did with "The Two Towers," and players who appreciate that brand of brute-force, hack-and-slash gameplay should find in it a great-looking and enjoyable, if somewhat familiar, experience.
    Gives D&D fans the chance to enjoy virtually identical gameplay from "The Two Towers," but set in their favored backdrop. Aside from the trio of switchable characters, there's barely anything to distinguish the two titles.