7.6

1. Sep 27, 2013
    Sean Connery being digitized into this game really made it a special performance. This is a more or less a standard run and gun, with excellent controls, and satisfying gunplay. There is sniping and lots of use of the environment. What I liked is how I was immersed into the 007 world. As a game I don't think there is anything groundbreaking, but there is a very high technical achievement. I think its more fun than watching the movies.
    The sound on this game is amazing! The music and sound FX are all here and they seem to put surround to good use.
    This game uses a similar engine to Everything Or Nothing, but it doesn't quite become better than that game, which had a few more fun levels than this...most notably there is nothing quite as exciting as the motorcycle or first rappel level. But there is still a lot of new content in this game, cool weapons, and some highly detailed cutscenes, along with the JetPack to make it fun. Q is still in the game and so are your gadgets, so the retro quality of From Russia with Love doesn't make it boring.
    On the PS2 version I did encounter a bug, where I beat the final Boss and the game DID NOT play the final cutscene and ending. So there might be a glitch or two. In my mind I've beaten the game, even if I didn't save, I had to find the end scenes on youtube. Also a minor complaint is that the standard/high power ammo switching didn't make any sense.
    Anyway, If you like James Bond, you'll probably love this game. If you liked Everything or Nothing, this one is worth picking up just as much. Forget Nightfire, Agent Underfire, and all those old games. From Russia With Love is one you need on PS2!
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    Normally I don't factor originality very much but From Russia with Love felt like Everything or Nothing with Sean Connery and a new jetpack thrown in as well. That being said, it is refreshing to be a Bond other than Pierce Brosnan. The control scheme was similar to Everything or Nothing but I actually preferred Everything or Nothing's. Switching weapons and ammo's and gadgets on the pause screen gets tedious quickly. Overall it is fun, but disappointing because it feels like a downgrade of a previous game. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    I played this game back on the PS2 when I went to the store and purchased this game and I enjoyed it very much. I gave it a game review score of 8.1 out of 10.

There are some minor gameplay issues, and the weak multiplay -- with no online gaming -- hurt the overall game, but the single-player story is strong.
    When we look back on it the levels in "Everything or Nothing" bordered on great. In comparison, some of Russia's missions are longer, but generally they're average in design and effect.
  3. An overly liner, repetitive action game with very little personality.