Gallop Racer 2001 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Aug 20, 2001
9.1

1. CareS.
    Jan 4, 2002
    I think that this game is awesome, the graphics are great, i'm an equine owner, and am currently considering racing horses, this game really is one of a kind!
  2. UgurD.
    Feb 8, 2002
    The concept of the game is perfect. But after a while you feel bored, because you see the same horses come again to the market. And you play the same game from the start.
  3. WadeM.
    Mar 29, 2002
    Best game ever.
    Jun 8, 2002
    Awesome horse racing game even though it lacks certain points of view such as spills and disqualifications. anyway it's a great game.
  5. WadeM.
    Jul 1, 2002
    Best game ever.
  6. HamzaK.
    Mar 23, 2003
    This is a very cool game & 1000 times better than any game. I have bougt it first than any game in my ps2 console.
  7. JakeG.
    Oct 14, 2002
    This game is the best . I bought my PS2 only for that game.
  8. AntonioK.
    Jan 15, 2002
    Beautifull graphics, great challenge, impressive photo finish.... I think it's a great game and a great effort that Tecmo has done.... What really sucks????: 6 horses only....???? come on!! at least 10 like the original Navigator Cindy it's not necessary, since she is only repeating More mares.... and forget about the betting thing, since this is NOT a betting game... is a game Beautifull graphics, great challenge, impressive photo finish.... I think it's a great game and a great effort that Tecmo has done.... What really sucks????: 6 horses only....???? come on!! at least 10 like the original Navigator Cindy it's not necessary, since she is only repeating More mares.... and forget about the betting thing, since this is NOT a betting game... is a game for horse racing lovers.... honestly beautiful and with a great challenge to play. Expand
  9. CameronT.
    Jan 6, 2002
    Cool Game.
  10. C.A.
    Mar 10, 2002
    Excellent.
  11. HaroonL.
    Jul 6, 2002
    Love it !!!!!!!!! The best horse racing game yet... I wonder if gallop racer 2002 is in the works !!!!!!!
  12. AudraK.
    Aug 14, 2002
    If you like horse racing, you will like this game. Its the best game in the world!
  13. Marti
    Sep 29, 2002
    I love this game i find it very fun and realistic. I plan to buy the game when i get the money to buy it.!!!!
  14. HollyF.
    Apr 5, 2004
    This game is great except i wish we could train the horses too.
  15. JohnP.
    Feb 14, 2005
    It is a very good game better than tha new ones they got.
  16. CarolynF.
    Jun 5, 2005
    This game ROX! it is so much fun to play, and you get really into it. I thought i would hate this game because i am not really into horse racing, but it is GREAT!
  17. BobH.
    Jul 9, 2005
    Sweet game ...it gets u hooked and u cant stop playing 10 outta 10.
  18. AlexS.
    Nov 1, 2001
    It's better than before.
  19. DaveM.
    Nov 9, 2001
    i just feel that the game was very disappointing! everything i read about the game and even on the box makes it sound better then it really is.
  20. MikeL.
    Dec 31, 2001
    Although this game is not for all, it is surely a way for people who like horse racing to stay home and still enjoy all the action you would see at the track.
  21. LeslieR.
    Oct 31, 2001
    The game is very comprehensive and great fun, but I would give the manual a score of only 6. There are several aspects of the game that are not explained or explained incompletely. It could also use a glossary of racing terms that the average player doesn't understand.
  22. GiffordG.
    Jan 23, 2002
    A great game for all ages. Great graphics along with great info on the sport. Love everything.
  23. SerhatK.
    Jun 14, 2002
    Very gooooooooodddddd.
  24. JohnS.
    Jun 23, 2002
    The guy at the video store who recommended the game to me, said it best when he told me that if I stuck with it....the game was really a lot of fun. He was right. Tough at the start....but worth the wait.
  25. HannahS.
    Sep 15, 2002
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I play it every time I go to my freind who owns it! The horses look so real! The only thing that bugs me about this game is that annoying chinese girl!
  26. JohnnyS.
    Sep 9, 2002
    The graphics were better than the first one but the tutor that walks you through it is not needed and i liked the first one better.
  27. PamM.
    Jan 12, 2003
    I love this game! Itz really fun but harder than the first one. The tutor is sortta annoying... If you've played the first one, you'll love this one!
  28. DarceyH.
    Jun 25, 2003
    First off..i love horse racing! The graphics are well made and steady, and some horse r given thier own personality! If u love horse racing...your chance 2 get a closer look at it is on in ur hands!
  29. NickL.
    Apr 24, 2005
    It's an awesome game i wish the newer ones were realistic though. horses rock if you could send this to the makers it would be great. please write back.
  30. TheDoomp
    Nov 12, 2001
    Top game. The most addictive. I cannot stop playing it. Hours of fun for the family.
  31. JennaR.
    Nov 2, 2001
    The graphics are awesome - but the gameplay is missing some very critical parts. For instance, you cannot sell race horses if they become successful, you can only retire them or breed them. Also, when buying a horse, there is no pop-up asking you if you are sure. I accidentally bought 2 horses I didn't want right in the beginning because I was just getting used to the controls. As The graphics are awesome - but the gameplay is missing some very critical parts. For instance, you cannot sell race horses if they become successful, you can only retire them or breed them. Also, when buying a horse, there is no pop-up asking you if you are sure. I accidentally bought 2 horses I didn't want right in the beginning because I was just getting used to the controls. As well, the way you spurt at the end hurts your thumb from the repetitive pushing and you have to do it so much that it gets boring and tiresome. I've been waiting for 4 months for this game to come out, and I'm thinking of returning it if I don't like it within the next week. Expand
  32. AlexM.
    Oct 13, 2001
    This game is so addictive and so much fun. You can play hours in season mode without getting bored.
  33. BrianK.
    Apr 16, 2002
    It's about time a quality game with out all the violance, this game will indeed tap into new gamers market. Inticing people to make the purchase who would have otherwise avoided it. Thanks.
  34. Hannah
    Jun 28, 2002
    If you love horse racing, then you'll love this game. The details make it enjoyable for not only the horse expert but also for the "no nothing" horse fans. It's a lot of fun!
  35. WillsB.
    Nov 17, 2003
    This is a great game for any equestrian enthusiast! I've found it to be truly addictive, and it's suitable for all ages.
  36. Marcus
    Mar 22, 2003
    This is a very realistic and fun game. Horse racing is awesome!
  37. DonR.
    Mar 23, 2003
    AWESOME is the only word for this game. I love horse racing and this is truly for me. I have already ordered my copy of Gallop Racer 2003. I swell with excitement at the thought of this being even better.
  38. KeechanB.
    May 21, 2004
    This game is the best horse simulation gam ever i can't wait to play gallop racer 2004.
  39. Julie
    Jul 14, 2005
    I wish it had more color in career.its really light.I bought it used and there was no book with it so i am learning how to play of the computer.i have played the 2004 one and that one is sooo much easier!!
  40. RoccoD.
    Nov 17, 2001
    Wow I never played such an addictive and fun game like this. I played with my cousin 5 hours straight not getting bored for a second!!
  41. CoreyS.
    Dec 17, 2001
    Best Horse Racing game ever!
  42. Kel
    Dec 26, 2001
    Absolutely love this game! I was completely addicted to Gallop Racer, and now am hooked on Gallop Racer 2001. This is a rare game that no matter how many times you play it, you will never, ever run into the same situation twice, which is what makes this game so much fun to go back to. Even when you win tons of races and year end honors, there is still more to look forward to as the horses Absolutely love this game! I was completely addicted to Gallop Racer, and now am hooked on Gallop Racer 2001. This is a rare game that no matter how many times you play it, you will never, ever run into the same situation twice, which is what makes this game so much fun to go back to. Even when you win tons of races and year end honors, there is still more to look forward to as the horses pass through the barn just like in real life. My favorite improvement on Gallop Racer 2001, from the original, is the photo finish for the close calls! That is so awesome! This is by far the best racing game on the market. Of the disappointments, I have to say, I hate not having the option to be a female jockey, as I did in the original Gallop Racer. I find Navigator Cindy pretty much unneccessary. And I hate being limited to just six horses in Gallop Racer 2001 (Gallop Racer allowed for 10). Bottom line, though, I love this game! It lets me do all the things I would love to do in real life .. own, breed, race, etc .. without the real expense (though it can be costly when it comes to jockey points!) Expand

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Like a Gran Turismo for horse-racing games…Only the dedicated need apply. [Sept 2001, p.145]
  2. Those who do not have an interest in the minutiae of the sport of kings will likely find the gameplay to be dry and overly statistics-focused. Still, if you're looking for a change of pace in your racing game, there is certainly nothing else on the market quite like it.
  3. It earns our admiration for simply being different and is likely to have everybody crowding around the television at your next party. [Nov 2001, p.105]