God of War II PlayStation 2

8.8

1. FerasD.
    Jul 24, 2007
    Great game & i hope there is a third part of it.
  2. LokiT.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This is quite easily one of the best games I have EVER played. It one ups the first one by a factor of ten, it has better cut scenes, better acting, better story, better action sequences, puzzles, etc. The graphics look better than most next gen games I have seen. This is worth buying a component video cable for. In fact, it's a must for the game. You will not be disappointed.
  3. Nelson
    Mar 18, 2007
    I was extremely scared to play this game (b/c I had no idea how the hell they would top the 1st one) but they did the job and made one of the best games ever! It has more of everything, improves upon the weapons (and makes them even sicker), and gives you boss battles so relentlessly difficult you'll scream out bloody murder... even when you get to the end, you won't believe the I was extremely scared to play this game (b/c I had no idea how the hell they would top the 1st one) but they did the job and made one of the best games ever! It has more of everything, improves upon the weapons (and makes them even sicker), and gives you boss battles so relentlessly difficult you'll scream out bloody murder... even when you get to the end, you won't believe the awesome surprise you'll receive and the satisfying "ending" that unfolds. Its probably best that I warn you to get a PS3 within the next 2 years to avoid disappointment (when you beat the game you'll see what I mean). PS2 owners rejoice, B/c the PS2 is going out w/ a BANG! Expand
  4. StephanieO.
    Apr 2, 2007
    Just like the one before it, this game is seriously twisted and beautiful to watch. I felt like I was watching a movie that had me on the edge of the couch for hours. Wish I could have played it on a big screen.
  5. ColinC
    Jun 29, 2008
    Wow. It's almost three years into the xbox 360 and two years for the ps3 and wii, all of which I own. And now, I've just got around to playing god of war 2 for the ps2. And I'm blown away. THe graphics are good enough (amazing for the ps2), that they don't get blown away by the newer generation machines. (Obviously, not as good, but still a beautiful game.) But theWow. It's almost three years into the xbox 360 and two years for the ps3 and wii, all of which I own. And now, I've just got around to playing god of war 2 for the ps2. And I'm blown away. THe graphics are good enough (amazing for the ps2), that they don't get blown away by the newer generation machines. (Obviously, not as good, but still a beautiful game.) But the gameplay and story rival that of the very best of the new generation. If you missed this game on the ps2, pick it up. It's really wet my appetite to see what the Santa Monica studio can do with the power of the ps3. Expand
  6. DorianL
    Oct 26, 2009
    This game is truly a great game. The Puzzles are a bit annoying but in all its a great puzzle experience. The combat on the other hand is outradeous i love the cenematic gameplay it produces and the boss fights are crazy. A ten all the way.
  7. SashaG
    Jan 8, 2009
    Best game I ever played on the PS2 -the graphics and sound design are such high quality, it sometimes seems its being played on a PS3. The way the viewpoint changes is really cinematic, and I think the difficulty levels in normal mode are just right. Great tribute to Greek Mythology. Excellent game.
  8. DanielH.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Amazing game, it is even better than the first. Now I will start eagerly anticipating the 3rd on the PS3.
  9. MohamedI.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Highly anticipated PS2 Games Released With all new combat system magic and New Ability Makes God of War 2 benchmark on PS2 most wanted games. Nice story moved game everyone love this game. Go buy it play it, it worth for your money.
  10. BillyB.
    Mar 18, 2007
    The best game I've ever played. The only reason I still have a PS2 was to wait for this game and it lived up to my expectations.
  11. ChrisA.
    Mar 20, 2007
    This game is amazing. If you liked Lord of The Rings, or Prince of Persia, this game combines their styles and is better than both. FINALLY, someone figured out how to do proper 3rd person controls fo the PS2. This game completely restores faith to the console platform for even the most hardcore PC gamers.
  12. RandyM.
    Mar 20, 2007
    God of War II is Sony's newest masterpiece. It shows you that you don't need fancy PS3 hardware to make a good game. With intense action and astounding graphics, this is the game to buy for your PS2.
  13. Ryan
    Mar 12, 2007
    Better than the original! and that's saying a lot! My only problems are the enemy AI and combat system, like the first game, they can be pretty simple and not too challenging on the normal difficulty. Sony should take a cue from the Devil May Cry games if it wants to improve the enemy AI. Nontheless, I love this even more than DMC!
  14. DevinC.
    Mar 14, 2007
    The sequel is a true winner with awesome combat style, stimulating graphics, and an impressive storyline. The Gods of Olympus may have betrayed Kratos, but the Gods of this action packed sequel will be forever honored.
  15. ChiemmyO.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Awesome in every sense of the word. This game will definitely go down in history as a landmark in gaming. For all gamers out there. Go and play.
  16. TomM.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Absolutely awesome. Cinematics are near high def, the controls are tight and responsive. This game even looks great on the PS3 console. Everything looks and works the way a video game should. The storyline will keep you captivated. The only down side I can think of is that there is sometimes a black out delay going between gameplay and cut scenes which is kind of irritating especially Absolutely awesome. Cinematics are near high def, the controls are tight and responsive. This game even looks great on the PS3 console. Everything looks and works the way a video game should. The storyline will keep you captivated. The only down side I can think of is that there is sometimes a black out delay going between gameplay and cut scenes which is kind of irritating especially since it is so easy to get "involved" in this game, but it is very minimal compared to everything else. My only question, why can other developers produce quality like this? Expand
  17. Tonydannie
    Mar 19, 2007
    Hands down a great send off to the PS2. Fantastic Story, Great Graphics and amazing score. If you are one of those who like to beat games in less then 10 hours(straight) Get a life. You want to enjoy this game as much as you can before it ends and we begin the wait for Kratos to grace the next Gen.
  18. JayG.
    Apr 4, 2007
    GOW2 deserves a 10: -Graphics: it's better looking than any game on the PS2, and even looks better than a few games on the PS3. In terms of lighting, framerate, character models and movements, it's, for lack of a better word: brilliant. Just look at the scene where he's riding the Pegasus to the Island of the Fates and when he kills those gryphons. -Music: is thrilling, a GOW2 deserves a 10: -Graphics: it's better looking than any game on the PS2, and even looks better than a few games on the PS3. In terms of lighting, framerate, character models and movements, it's, for lack of a better word: brilliant. Just look at the scene where he's riding the Pegasus to the Island of the Fates and when he kills those gryphons. -Music: is thrilling, a sweeping epic score that puts most movies to shame. -Voice Acting: is great and doesn't sound forced (as in, the script writers aren't trying to be overly clever or archaic, which would make the voice acting sound silly). -Story: starts off with a bang and ends with a louder bang. This isn't like the first GOW where we have a long, drawn out story of Kratos' past. Rather, it's all about his present anger and thirst for vengence. Also, the use of Greek myth (for those who like this stuff like me) is a bonus, because you'll meet a lot of familiar characters, monsters and get to see a lot of familiar places. -Pacing/Puzzles: never gets bogged down and there's a fair bit of puzzle play thrown in to balance things out. -Gameplay Mechanics: GOW2 has the single best battle system of any game ever created. It's lightning fast and there's so many different moves and weapons which allow for great variety. If you think it's an easy game, that's because you haven't tried it on the more difficult modes. -The Golden Fleece power-up enhances the experience by giving you awesome counter-attacks, which also boosts the frenzied pace of the gameplay because you need to keep countering on the higher difficulty levels (I started the game on hard difficulty, and when fighting bosses I had to keep counter-attacking to survive). -Bosses: the scope of the boss battles is HUGE! I couldn't wait to encounter each new boss because they made it just that fun, from Theseus to the Barbarian King to the end bosses. And the way Kratos kills them all brings a tear of insanity to my eyes. -Trust me fellow gamers who haven't yet made this purchase: forget what everyone's saying (including me) and just go out and buy this game. You can rent it first, but that'll be a waste of money since you'll soon buy it anyway. -One of the top console games of all time. Expand
  19. JustinG.
    May 24, 2007
    Amazing combat,puzzles, and more!
  20. DanD.
    May 31, 2007
    Best Game on PS2! Graphics, sound, gameplay, story, all brilliant! There's some truly jaw-dropping moments. Go Buy!!
  21. FisherS.
    May 7, 2007
    Superb! This game is apsolutely amazing. It contains the mixture of action, adventure and logical puzzle in a perfect ratio.
  22. AaronF.
    May 8, 2007
    Bob Bob is dead wrong. this is the best game I have ever played! Finally a great sequel.
  23. BennG.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Oh My Life!!! I Mean really. WOW! Whoever game this 0/10 should be executed, thats like saying Final Fantasy 7 wasn't enjoyable, or that Terminator 2 was a crap sequel.. Indeed all lies that should carry prison sentences. What a truly Beautiful game, More than just violent, the player can actually feel the Brutality of what is happening on screen in what is ,bar-none, PS2's Oh My Life!!! I Mean really. WOW! Whoever game this 0/10 should be executed, thats like saying Final Fantasy 7 wasn't enjoyable, or that Terminator 2 was a crap sequel.. Indeed all lies that should carry prison sentences. What a truly Beautiful game, More than just violent, the player can actually feel the Brutality of what is happening on screen in what is ,bar-none, PS2's Finest Computer Game. Long, Epic, Gorgeous to behold God of War 2 Has not only upgraded its illustrious preddeccessor, But trampled all over it completely. Simply Stunning! Well acted, Exciting to play and watch played (Now that is rare). Such grand journeys into the unknown are rare to find these days, while games, and films, portray modern day, or sci fi, affairs, God Of War brings the great Myths of Old to life In what must be one of the greatest VIdeo Games Ever made. Edge Magazine gave this 7/10!! Well screw them, they have overly high standards, and are way too precise on all technical features of games and not what makes the game a memorable experience. Actually that still should have garnered this full marks. Kratos laughs at all that disbelieve the glory of this game, and I laugh too, Climb out of your holes and find in you the imagination that can truly appreciate what this is doing Phenomenal. Expand
  24. MarkC.
    Jun 22, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played on PS2. It's breathtaking from start to finish.
  25. SachinS.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Best game ever. There is so much action! The weapons are my favorite! Only one bad thing There are invisible walls everywhere! But, other than that is is awsome. easily my favorite game series.
  26. MikeG.
    Aug 27, 2007
    i love this game. Have beat it ont normal and hard. am currently trying titan.I have NEVER tried to beat a game 3 times.Controls feel so good, however right now i cannot get past the monitors at theous (or whatever his name is). never played gow 1 and never want to.
  27. JesseB.
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game is one of the best in the world and I hope to see more games like it. Go Broncos
  28. EricP.
    Mar 14, 2007
    All I have to say is run to the store and get your copy. Amazing graphics, great playing, this sequel is unbelievable.
  29. LoayN.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This is by far the best game ever! I spent 1 hour playing it and I'm beyond impressed! MUCH MUCH better than part 1, right from the start you're fighting GODS! Can't stop loving it!
  30. MattB
    Mar 19, 2007
    Perfect. Simply perfect. If you like video games, you'll like this game. I will probably play this 10 times over before it starts to get boring.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

God of War II may in fact be the best action game ever made. It outdoes the original God of War in every way.
    There are a few brilliant core improvements, such as the beautifully implemented grappling system that lets you swing around with your blades. But for the most part, the game's best features are context-specific things rather than features that change or improve the title as a whole...A stellar example of what can be done when a developer focuses on telling a story and lets that drive the game.
  3. It's not just one element that turned the game into a masterpiece, it's every element – the controls (perfection), world design (unbelievably creative), combat (exciting and challenging), and enemy selection (unreal) are just a few of the reasons why this is PS2’s best first-party release.