8.5

1. J.R.
    Apr 4, 2003
    Easily the most fun game I have ever played and I've been playing video games since pong. Easy to pick up and play, fun to explore, even fun when you fail.
  2. Chuck76
    Apr 6, 2003
    Probably my favourite game of all time! Pick up and play, go on a mission or just murder people(if you want to, you sicko!). Can't be touched in my eyes.
  3. coolamIvan
    Jul 5, 2003
    like i sed before, i was really excited to be able to go to the fourth city but when i got there... it wook forever too load and even though you got to use sqords... it had very bad collision detection. first 3 cties are ok but 4th city sucks. after all i went through to get there and it was a let down... and thats the bottom line cause' i told it to you!
  4. ShaunR.
    Jul 5, 2003
    A real good game with excelent gameplay and great characters.
  5. SquirtB.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Dyam.This Game Is F-ed Up Good.Although Having To Feed The Character Every Once In A While Is Quite Annoying,But Overall Its Good.Story Line Is Great.Graphics Are Neutral.Met Up To My Expectations.But They Really Have To Do Something About Those Ugly Characters Of Theirs.Well,Basically.This Game Is Definitely Worth Playing.
  6. MarkusL.
    Dec 13, 2004
    Great Game. A big upgrade from GTA 2. Its the first game I could beat on my own. Its a must have.
  7. AndrewD.
    Oct 9, 2004
    Doesn't get 10 from me because it gets a bit repetitive (kill that guy, run from cops,etc...) and I think that the fisrt island gets boring after being stuck on the same mission on shoreside vale for 1 month.
  8. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Big game, lots of replay value, a must have.
  9. AlecMichaud
    Apr 8, 2004
    i hated this game cause itlicked nuts and u getall this money and wat do u do wit it besides by shitty guns and in the whole game the little faggot never even talked and he sat around and jack off all day and never even killed anyone little bitch
  10. JamieM.
    May 7, 2004
    This game would be excellent if i knew how to go.
  11. JordanT.
    Jun 1, 2005
    This game is pretty easy. I beat the game 3 times. But low difficulty games doesn't give much exitement. But think about. You won't have to cus with stress and anger.
  12. ryane.
    Sep 2, 2005
    Fun game.
  13. JennyW.
    Mar 22, 2006
    It's fun cause you can't spell slaughter with out laughter!
  14. JoshV.
    Apr 9, 2006
    1st of all i read some of the ratings for this game and i was suprised. this game set a standard for gaming and you cant get mad if you was broke and couldnt get the game when it first came out and got it like a year ago when vice city and and san andreas came out. if you get it that late you shouldnt expect it to be the best game in the world. you should probably get it just to see what 1st of all i read some of the ratings for this game and i was suprised. this game set a standard for gaming and you cant get mad if you was broke and couldnt get the game when it first came out and got it like a year ago when vice city and and san andreas came out. if you get it that late you shouldnt expect it to be the best game in the world. you should probably get it just to see what the storyline is so you wont get confused in san andreas. if you just want a good game just get san andreas.Peace Expand
  15. CharlieG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    I beg you, if you have played Vice City and/or San Andreas do not play this game because you will think less of it, although it is a masterpiece.
  16. AkeemG.
    Apr 3, 2007
    Out of all the grand theft auto games that have been made this one has the best atmosphere. Staunton, Portland, and Shoreside Vale are still the best places to be out of all of the grand theft auto games.Another couple of things that makes this the best grand theft auto is the fast paced action that goes on when you decide to go beserk on the cops.The cops in this game are more ruthless Out of all the grand theft auto games that have been made this one has the best atmosphere. Staunton, Portland, and Shoreside Vale are still the best places to be out of all of the grand theft auto games.Another couple of things that makes this the best grand theft auto is the fast paced action that goes on when you decide to go beserk on the cops.The cops in this game are more ruthless than any other cops in any other grand theft auto game, hearing them yell stuff like GET DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW!! at you all the time really makes you excited.Plain and simply said,this is the most fun grand theft auto game around,I just wish that there wre some hunter helicopters and army Jets to fly though. Expand
  17. JohnnyV
    Jun 24, 2009
    a masterpiece. endless replay value, a great story, amazing audio, nice graphics, and a lot of style.
  18. DesmondLo
    Jun 27, 2009
    Most best action-adventure in Sixth generation era. I don't care about controversy.
  19. AaronJ.
    Dec 12, 2001
    This game has everything. Reminds me of the Die Hard trilogy.
  20. Justin
    Dec 20, 2001
    This game is awesome! Great hookers.
  21. PeteM.
    Dec 22, 2001
    Great game but the graphics are to jerky when u drive around. Should have been done better!
  22. SamuL.
    Oct 31, 2001
    Can't give 10 because there's always a place for improvement. Most perfect game I've ever played.
  23. MikeK.
    Jan 1, 2002
    This game makes me pitch a tent.
  24. ChrisO'D.
    Jan 12, 2002
    I think this is the best game available on the video game market right now!!! I mean there is so much to do it's unreal!!! You can be a nice guy and not kill anyone or you can be like me and have your bodycount jus topping a thousand!!! This game is a definite must have!!!
  25. KyleB.
    Nov 6, 2002
    The game made to deter people from the playstation 2. This game could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played, I have played some very bad games. The very plot of the game is both pethetic and illy prepared. The story of revenge has gotten to be one of the lamest and most predictable with a very lame plot twists. The sole fact the game is based on lust and ilegal activites. The game made to deter people from the playstation 2. This game could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played, I have played some very bad games. The very plot of the game is both pethetic and illy prepared. The story of revenge has gotten to be one of the lamest and most predictable with a very lame plot twists. The sole fact the game is based on lust and ilegal activites. the game has got to be one of the worst looking games ever on the ps2 save for rune. The games only saving grace is the freedom of action which will be brought to a sudden end because of the swift justice brought about from Liberty Citys finest! The weapons are both unintresting and leave alot more to the immangination. This game should not be bought, possibly only to be rented, but only on a cheap night! Expand
  26. BobB.
    Dec 16, 2002
    This IS quite possibly the best game on the PS2 to this date, it has unlimited freedom (almost), and its lifespan is everlasting, any time you dont know what to do you'll end up playing with this game for hours on end. It is also good for a quick shoot out when you're busy. It has a good storyline, the plot flows well, its is enormous, and above all FUN.
  27. MarkD.
    Jan 22, 2002
    The Best Video Game I've ever played by far. Through Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Game Cube, Playstation , and P2... Nothing compares to it. This is the coolest dam game around. Anyone who gives it bad reviews is to much of a fruit cake to realize otherwise. Down with Next Gen Magazine, who gave it a shitty review. Probably had two losers review it. AGAIN THE COOLEST. CRAZIEST. The Best Video Game I've ever played by far. Through Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Game Cube, Playstation , and P2... Nothing compares to it. This is the coolest dam game around. Anyone who gives it bad reviews is to much of a fruit cake to realize otherwise. Down with Next Gen Magazine, who gave it a shitty review. Probably had two losers review it. AGAIN THE COOLEST. CRAZIEST. BEST GAME OUT THERE TODAY! Expand
  28. DavidW.
    Jan 28, 2002
    This is the single most pure gaming experience available, you can do almost any thing you want in a large expansive city, you can "get away with murder" or you can climb in a tank an go on a low speed but highly amusing chase around a city with all sorts still going on around. Such as pimpers pimpin hustlers hustlin and hookers er... Hoakin? anyway put simply GTA3 = BEST GAME EVER.
  29. DanielD.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Excellent. Denny D. hasn't got a clue. Very Funny.
  30. DallasD.
    Jan 5, 2002
    Game is unbelievable!!! Worth every penny. Graphics and sound are of high quality. This games is exciting and very realistic. One of the nicest things about this game is when the user is busted by the police or Wasted (killed), you do not lose you missions that were prior accomplished, only your weapons. One of the better games I have come accross in a very long time.
  31. Alan
    Oct 8, 2002
    The best game ever made!!!!! Waiting for the next one to come out!!!
  32. SuperDude
    Feb 11, 2002
    It is a really great game, it's just that I can't seem to wanna play it more and more. When I get killed or busted I just feel like quiting.
  33. Gary
    Feb 12, 2002
    Just so cool game, period.
  34. PhillipR.
    Feb 15, 2002
    This game is just Brilliant. Cannot stop playing it.
  35. BenK.
    Feb 18, 2002
    Bugger me sideways!! This game kicks arse.
  36. B-Murder
    Feb 22, 2002
    Jonas W. is a complete moron to think this game is dull. This is by far the best game for action and replay value. Short of going outside and killing people yourself, Rockstar Games has pulled this one off perfectly!
  37. BradL.
    Feb 22, 2002
    This is the greatest game ever, I play it until my eyes get strained and boggy, then take a 10 minute break!
  38. TylerW.
    Feb 24, 2002
    HOLY CRAP!!!
  39. PsychoMantis
    Mar 11, 2002
    A greeeaaat game, lotsa replay value in this title, very nice "radio stations" you can select while in a vehicle, one minor gripe though, the graphics could be better, but considering the scale and fun of this title it's very easily forgiven A+!!!!
  40. PhilW.
    Mar 1, 2002
    I think it's just endless fun which doesn't lack anything.
  41. BrookU.
    Mar 4, 2002
    I'm speechless. This game is amazing.
  42. DaveE.
    Apr 11, 2002
    This is a totally amazing game. The missions vary widely and never get boring, and almost all of them have multiple solutions. This game loses points for a slightly 'floaty' physics engine, and a nearly unusable targeting system. Despite these drawbacks, this title is a must-buy for any PS2 owner.
  43. JonD.
    Apr 16, 2002
    This game is the best in the world. I like running over the person's car you just stole.
  44. IanWendt
    Apr 3, 2002
    this is the best game for playstation 2. Why? Cuz you get to pick up sluts and fuck their brains out. Yes yes i know im a nymphomaniac, but what straight guy isnt? The best part is using the cheat that lets you be a slut and then pick up a slut so they can have lesbo sex!!! Awesome isnt it?
  45. Jimbob
    Jun 10, 2002
    The best game ever, although when I took to a pimp on the side of the road with my baseball bat, he didn't drop money like in the game.
  46. CrisC.
    Jun 21, 2002
    Suppa. Naturally Suppa!
  47. EstebanB.
    Jun 2, 2002
    One of the best games created, since who knows what.
  48. Steve
    Jun 2, 2002
    Do yourself a favor -- if you don't own this game, go buy it. Trust me, you will NOT regret it. Has to be one of the best all time games
  49. SimonO.
    Jun 22, 2002
    This is the best game in the world to ps2, I played it in a store for free and now I have the game at home. It is just addictive!!
  50. JasonL.
    Jul 11, 2002
    Hey gamemakers, if you produce games like this you will make a lot of money, it is that simple. PLEASE don't change the sequel too much.
  51. UmbertoM.
    Jul 25, 2002
    There is only one thing to say about this game... awesome. The sense of freedom that it gives you cannot be described. GTA III and Medal of Honor Frontline must be owned by anyone. Frankly it's quite impossible to reach their greatness.
  52. J.Lowell
    Jul 8, 2002
    THIS GAME ROCKS! I can't wait for the next one!!!!!! buy this game.
  53. ConsuelaS.
    Mar 11, 2003
    Grand Theft Auto 3 is the best game ever envented. I am really hooked on the game when I play it. My cousin always yells at me for staying on it too long and but I end up having to get of off the game because my cousin ends up beating me up. Thankyou for taking the time to read my comments,
  54. E.G.
    Mar 17, 2003
    The worst graphics I've ever seen. NICE FLIPPER HANDS!!!!!! What a joke. What happened to realism??? Rockstar needs to learn from ubi soft (splinter cell ring a bell??)
  55. DarylR.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game was the greatest game ever with GTA Vice City!!!!!!!
  56. JoneB.
    Apr 23, 2003
    This game get's an 1 fore it's violence, the rest sucks.
  57. DonnyF.
    Aug 8, 2003
    This game is awesome for those who say it sucks YOU SUCK!!!!!!
  58. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    This is definitely a great game, but when it comes to the story, just like the other GTA's, it's not to addctive. All in all, the gam is good, but it needs more color. Comparing it to the new GTA's, Vice City, as well as San Andreas, it doesn't even make a 6.5.
  59. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    A lot of fun.
  60. PIRANHAg.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Rockstar guys I LUV YOU. Simply Perfect.
  61. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    The criminal underworld backdrop is always fun to have as a storyline, but the gameplay of GTA 3 is fun with or without it.
  62. MarkG.
    Jan 21, 2005
    A classic title that should be in every gamer's collection. Its success is evident in the endless clones and comparisons that continue even today. Replayability well beyond hundreds of hours.
  63. MikelR.
    Jun 4, 2005
    How could you not like it?
  64. EdwardB.
    Sep 7, 2005
    I have a love hate relationship with this game. Love: Great big cities with many areas to search. Love: Ability to shoot,crash, burn, bash and destroy. Love: realistic environment Love: Ability to steal cars and drive fast as hell and smash and run over people and things. Hate: Radio- horrible music repetitive turned it off second day playing. Hate: Repetitive sayings of pedistrians over I have a love hate relationship with this game. Love: Great big cities with many areas to search. Love: Ability to shoot,crash, burn, bash and destroy. Love: realistic environment Love: Ability to steal cars and drive fast as hell and smash and run over people and things. Hate: Radio- horrible music repetitive turned it off second day playing. Hate: Repetitive sayings of pedistrians over and over they say the same thing by the end of the game if you hear, "my mothers my sister" one more time .... your going to kill someone. Hate: Most missions are just too dam hard..period. I repeat get ready to be unbelivably frustrated and pissed. To add insult to injury when you dont succed on missions (there are many you will not succeed on -like all of them) you have to drive back to the mission trigger location so by the 10th time of doing a mission ( some missions take over 10 to 15 minutes) your swearing more then the game. Hate: Cops are too aggressive they progressively get worse up to 6 levels but by level 2 to 3 they dont stop coming. You cant outrun them as they pop out of no where...unlike Driver which you can. Hate: Targeting system on guns ....this is crap A enemy can be right on you and you cant get him. If mulitple enemie s gather around you forget it. This all adds up to a incredibly frustrating and annoying game...I played Hitman2, rockstars MANHUNT, and the Suffering right before this game and I do not know how this got a higher rating then these other games. I can't see someone playing this game for more then a month and not throwing up -this game gets very repetitive. I played it for two weeks, using cheats ( you will too or you'll be playing it for a year ) and getting 70% that was way enough for me...forever. Expand
  65. BrianD.
    Jan 4, 2006
    Horrible game. The controls are clunky and the story might as well have been made by a 5 year old. It gets 1 point because killing random people is fun for about 4-5 hours, but even mass homicide gets old quick in this game.
  66. JamesN.
    Apr 19, 2006
    I never understood this game. The one thing I will give it credit for is the incredibly in-depth world it allows you to explore. But there is nothing more than that. I get a little tired of the "let's shoot everything" formula. And the story was never all that great. I love violence, but this just gets redundant. This game was not the revolutionary game everyone made it out to be. I never understood this game. The one thing I will give it credit for is the incredibly in-depth world it allows you to explore. But there is nothing more than that. I get a little tired of the "let's shoot everything" formula. And the story was never all that great. I love violence, but this just gets redundant. This game was not the revolutionary game everyone made it out to be. And game developers, please stop trying to copy this game, it's been done to hell. Expand
  67. LouisM.
    Aug 20, 2006
    Mediocre. I picked it up after having much experience with GTAs 1 and 2, with high expectations. The environment is detailed, varied, interesting, and with passable interactivity. There's a wonderful variety and sufficient volume of music included. The missions, however, are abysmal. Perhaps the worst I have ever seen in a game. Almost all are incredibly formulaic, and amount to "go Mediocre. I picked it up after having much experience with GTAs 1 and 2, with high expectations. The environment is detailed, varied, interesting, and with passable interactivity. There's a wonderful variety and sufficient volume of music included. The missions, however, are abysmal. Perhaps the worst I have ever seen in a game. Almost all are incredibly formulaic, and amount to "go to these locations with this time limit". Some missions must be thoroughly scoped (i.e., memorizing the positions of all important locations you must visit) and thus retried many times before victory is even possible, which to me seems ludacrous. Also, I'm very fond of GTA2, so I think the "respect" system and choice of gang you show your allegiance to was much more effective and advanced than the mission structure of this game, which is far more linear. Also, skirmishes between gangs on the streets do not occur often enough. Having to go through enemy territory on certain missions while being shot up is incredibly frustrating, given the already often excessive difficulty. The mechanics (especially shooting) are poorly designed and frustrating. Also, the inability to simply start a mission again from the beginning with the same equipment is bizzare. It's an okay game on the whole, but was and still is incredibly overrated and overappreciated. I really don't see how such a flawed game recieved such universally high reviews. Expand
  68. PhilipP.
    Jan 24, 2007
    The reason I give a ten is not because its the best game out because it isn't but because I really thing this game changed the revolution of the gaming world it was amazing and still is 10/10.
  69. JesusC.
    Oct 9, 2007
    It's a decent game, but it's also a little stale a little more than 4 hours in.
  70. JohnS.
    Feb 24, 2007
    This game is pretty good, but not perfect. Good use of open-endedness though. Cool Am Ivan, there is no Boggsville. Theres a ghost area that was used for the opening act of GTA 3, but it isnt solid and can be gotten there by dodo going north of shorside vale. There is no blacksmith and no swords and no boss battle there. Don't believe this liar. And the game doesn't suck, either.
  71. DashelJ.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Grand Theft Auto III and its successors comprise the worst examples of controversy mistaken for ingenuity that the gaming industry has ever seen. If you block out the hype and the imbecilic reviews in an honest attempt to judge this game for what it is worth, you would surely arrive at a score no more than 2 or 3 points higher than the one I have submitted. Beyond the initial draw of Grand Theft Auto III and its successors comprise the worst examples of controversy mistaken for ingenuity that the gaming industry has ever seen. If you block out the hype and the imbecilic reviews in an honest attempt to judge this game for what it is worth, you would surely arrive at a score no more than 2 or 3 points higher than the one I have submitted. Beyond the initial draw of 'something unexpected' and the occasional recurrence of a shamefully base desire to clumsily, chaotically, and downright ridiculously murder heaps of random clones wandering the drab streets of Liberty City, I can think of nothing worthy of praise in this over-inflated piece of trash. Expand
  72. Kewlkat
    Aug 22, 2007
    "Beyond the initial draw of 'something unexpected' and the occasional recurrence of a shamefully base desire to clumsily, chaotically, and downright ridiculously murder heaps of random clones wandering the drab streets of Liberty City, I can think of nothing worthy of praise in this over-inflated piece of trash." If you understood a single word I quoted above, than this game is"Beyond the initial draw of 'something unexpected' and the occasional recurrence of a shamefully base desire to clumsily, chaotically, and downright ridiculously murder heaps of random clones wandering the drab streets of Liberty City, I can think of nothing worthy of praise in this over-inflated piece of trash." If you understood a single word I quoted above, than this game is too much fun for you. Sorry. :( Expand
  73. SteveS
    Feb 26, 2008
    The fact is, GTA III is the video game equivalent of Nirvana's Nevermind. This is the one that broke the mold and changed the entire industry. Love it or hate it, you have to appreciate the fact that GTA III is just as important as Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Pac-Man or Space Invaders.
  74. MatthewC.
    Apr 26, 2008
    I'm only 10 but i like all GTA games and this is the first GTA game i ever played and it's awesome!!!! I'm getting a PSP and GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for my birth day which is in less than 2 weeks. This is a Must have game!!!
  75. MikeB
    Dec 29, 2009
    This was a good game considering the time it was made. GTA 3 can't be compared to GTA SanAndreas or GTA4, because of graphics and range of vehicles, and weapons. People who are saying it is bad are most likely comparing it to brand new games. If you compare it to games that were made in that time period, you will probally find it is a good game. It could use some work though, like This was a good game considering the time it was made. GTA 3 can't be compared to GTA SanAndreas or GTA4, because of graphics and range of vehicles, and weapons. People who are saying it is bad are most likely comparing it to brand new games. If you compare it to games that were made in that time period, you will probally find it is a good game. It could use some work though, like your character doesn't even talk in GTA3. Expand
  76. TenzinR
    Aug 15, 2009
    One of the best game ever! Brought meaning to the term sandbox game, it didnt invent it but it perfected it. The reason I bought my ps2 plain and simple
  77. Lod
    Nov 4, 2001
    From the moment I started playing this game, I couldn't stop! It's an amazing experience, and I would suggest it to everyone with a PS2. In my opinion, GTA3 already has a place with the greatest games of all time.
  78. RanceM.
    Dec 13, 2001
    I would have rated it a 100 but could not. This game is the shiznittlebombbangdiggity.
  79. AliceL.
    Dec 17, 2001
    I don't care what other people say, there is absolutely nothing in this game I could possibly think that can be improved. The game life alone made me give this a ten, not including graphics, story line, cars, weapons, etc. etc. This game is awesome!
  80. ShavarM.
    Dec 21, 2001
    This is the bomb of 2001/2002.
  81. ChrisC.
    Dec 23, 2001
    Off the chain!!! Music from "Scarface," Mafia terms all the good sh*t! The ultimate gangsta game!
  82. DennyD.
    Dec 25, 2001
    The action is great; graphics are great; machine response to player action is superb, but the sexual content and foul language were not necessary to make it a great game. I rate it in the toilet where it belongs.
  83. ajhounshell
    Dec 27, 2001
    this game is fucking sweet pete m said the driving graphics sucked well fuck u the graphics are off the hook how good do u want a fucking game its not allways gonna be perfect. well this site is sweet too.p.s gggggggtttttttttaaaaaaaaa 33333 rocksssssssss bye.ps2 fuck ps2 two next year because next year theres going to be ps 3 and its upgraded like 10 times better. so se ya
    ps 1 more time
    ps 1 more time im a male im si ngle 13 any girls that are hot email me and put as subject hi boy my email is aj6996@hotmail.com bye.
  84. RoyL.
    Dec 27, 2001
    GTA 3 is a masterpiece. Just f... awesome.
  85. RiccardoF.
    Dec 27, 2001
    What can I say? Bellissimo!!! Fantastico!!! The Best! Please give us a sequel soon! Pete and Denny, come on! Just say the truth! CAPISCI A ME!
  86. RobJ.
    Dec 3, 2001
    This game is the best - if u like Crazy Taxi, any shooting game or any driving game this game has it all. If u haven?t played it, u haven't lived.
  87. TerryJ.
    Oct 26, 2001
    This game has great screen play, perfect animation...a must have!
  88. PatrickM.
    Oct 26, 2001
    I didn't care for GTA 1 or 2, so my expectations were a bit low going into GTA 3 -- was I ever in for a pleasant surprise! GTA 3 is HUGELY entertaining. The graphics slow down every now and then, and there is a lot of hardcore mature content (violence and sexual innuendo), but the gameplay is so incredibly good you soon forget you're playing a game at all -- totally immersive I didn't care for GTA 1 or 2, so my expectations were a bit low going into GTA 3 -- was I ever in for a pleasant surprise! GTA 3 is HUGELY entertaining. The graphics slow down every now and then, and there is a lot of hardcore mature content (violence and sexual innuendo), but the gameplay is so incredibly good you soon forget you're playing a game at all -- totally immersive and a must-own for any PS2 owner! Expand
  89. SeanC.
    Oct 27, 2001
    A great game which is truly greater than the sum of its parts. Frustrating at points, though.
  90. DarienA.
    Oct 29, 2001
    At the top of it's game.
  91. ShaunH.
    Nov 26, 2002
    This game is definitely the best i've ever played. I'd really appreciate more info. on the 4th city if its boggeville or boggsville i have heard many rumors about it and would like to know if it really exists. I've also heard of another person to work for and that he gives u 7 more missions i've heard his name is Darkal anyone know about him?
  92. Wowww
    Jan 13, 2002
    Two words: BAD. ASS.
  93. IanT.
    Jan 18, 2002
    Best console game ever. Almost unbelievably huge. Sure it's violent. Sure you can randomly set people on fire and watch them stagger and then fall and burn up. Exactly!
    Jan 23, 2002
    Pissed? Pump some bitch fulla lead! And you don't have to go to jail either. GTA3 is the answer. Stop beating that pillow! GTA3 is the ultimate stress reliever. If this game existed since the beginning of time there would be no crime! Extremely satisfying. The one game that everyone should own and you can NEVER get bored of. I give this game 11!
  95. AaronB.
    Jan 28, 2002
    I haven't even played the game yet, but still it is a masterpiece.
  96. AliciaR.
    I cannot stop playing!
  97. Chris(TheJACK)
    Jan 29, 2002
    This game rules and the guy who rated it in next gen should be fired and learn what games are all about. This has cutting edge graphics and a full graphically interfaceable city! What other game has that?! ANSWER ME Mr. I'm from next gen. gaming magazine and I don't know what games are all about because I've never PLAYED THEM! No other game has that. That's the answer. This game rules and the guy who rated it in next gen should be fired and learn what games are all about. This has cutting edge graphics and a full graphically interfaceable city! What other game has that?! ANSWER ME Mr. I'm from next gen. gaming magazine and I don't know what games are all about because I've never PLAYED THEM! No other game has that. That's the answer. What are you playing virtual reality games that link to your nerve cords?! That's the only step forward from here! Absolute must buy it's the reason I bought PS2!! Expand
  98. JonH.
    Feb 21, 2002
    The best stress reliever I've seen lately.
  99. H.H.Lee
    Mar 22, 2002
    Sure, this game ain't as pretty as other 'next-gen' titles, but anyone who has the brains to take gameplay into consideration, will definitely deem this game as one of the finest games ever made.
  100. Adder
    Jun 15, 2002
    It's a very bad game. When I started it, it worked very SLOW. It shocked. And it even went stock. So if there is someone who had the same problem, please HELP me with this so I can rate this very good game much higher!

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. The end-all, be-all of console action games. Period...For me GTA3 is the best action game I have ever played on a console system and I highly recommend it to adults (the intended audience of this game) who know the difference between good and evil.
  2. An insanely deep game that offers a lot to do outside of the 70+ missions. If you understand that it's just a game and that these selfsame actions are not healthy in the real world, you'll enjoy a well-developed world disguised as a deviously fun game.
  3. Next Generation Magazine
    Adding to the frustration is the fact that your targeting system is practically useless, and the vehicle physics model is annoyingly floaty. [Jan 2002, p.78]