8.9

1. MarvinoJ.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I think that this game rocks hard man!!!
  2. Pimp69
    Dec 6, 2004
    GTA san andreas is a loc ass game!!!!F..k all ya who try 2 dis on it!!!
  3. AVideoGameCritic
    Dec 6, 2004
    A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the blandest) and, until Las Venturas, the missions in this game are very fun and entertaining. Overall, recommended to GTA fans, I just think it needed a stronger plot. And neither city was as cool as Vice City... I'm also starting to wonder about the quality of this series in general. After extensive play, does anyone else's disc start to get messed up, have slower load times, and does the console start to make weird sounds when playing this game? The same thing happened to me with Vice City, and eventually, it stopped working. Hope this isn't a repeat of that... Expand
  4. Bolo
    Dec 5, 2004
    This game is really fun... u can swim !
  5. StevenT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having this game is fun fun fun! you can do tonz of stuff! remeber vice city with the semi truck? now you can hook up a trailer to it! you can fly any and all planes you see(after you get a piolot's license) and you can swim! lots to do really fun. another plus is the whole world is not just city. you can go off-roadingf on dirt bikes really cool. buy it or you'll suffer not having fun! peace out readers Expand
  6. JoseM.
    Dec 3, 2004
    I think this game truly lives up to its name.
  7. RailenH.
    Dec 3, 2004
    This game is so hot its even better then the other ones i hope that they come out with more grand theft auto games.
  8. DenR.
    This game is great!
  9. KennyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    If you guys give this game below a 9, you are either incapable of registering awesomeness, or you've only rented it and played the first few missions. If you would play it at least until you get to San Fierro, you will completely change your mind, and you won't think that it's "more of the same"
  10. PhilH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is f...ing sick the best one yet.
  11. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  12. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  13. RobertP.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Great game some things id change is have to feed him. great idea to add but why do u have to eat to survive. not the sims here. i play these games to KILL KILL KILL.
  14. BrianK.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever...Unbelieveably awesome, I just love racing on a Sanchez motor bike through Red countys rolling hills and countryside and then finishing in San Fierro between missions jamming to K-dust is a definite high point, super fun missions and loads of things to see and do give this game hours and hours of fast, fun and challenging gameplay, CJ is the most dynamic and coolest game character ever... anyone who knocks this game due to pop-up and collision factors give it a rest, in a game this large you cant have it all... GTASA makes up for graphic faults with mind blowing depth!! Expand
  15. ZhazadI.
    Nov 29, 2004
    i lost my wife over this game!
  16. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  17. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  18. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  19. Monymcclain
    Nov 25, 2004
    I love this game but you should make it so you can go anywhere you can go to be any thing get a caree.
  20. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  21. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  22. Jack
    Nov 23, 2004
    Dude this game rocks and i think the news is getting annoying about the game beacause of the violence in it. i mean really who cares!!!
  23. AaronT.
    Nov 23, 2004
    If only some of the movie sequels could evolve as well as the entire GTA series has. The most enjoyable gaming experience I have had since the original Mario Bros. on the NES.
  24. RomanS.
    Amazing...
  25. MarcH.
    Nov 22, 2004
    Unbelievable. by far the best game ever made!!
  26. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  27. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  28. ChrisB.
    This game kicks ass!!!
  29. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  30. MilesN.
    Nov 20, 2004
    What is wrong with you people???? An 8.6 overall??? this is the best consloe game to eer hit store shelves!
  31. DanS.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the most amazing thing i have ever played. gta san andreas has set a standard for all rpgs and any game for that matter. san andreas has changed the whole video game world and lets you interact with almost anything you can think of.
  32. G.G.
    Nov 19, 2004
    No, not the best game ever, its rather pathetic actually, but it still outdoes its predecessors.
  33. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  34. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  35. Boob
    Nov 18, 2004
    This ame is the TITEST game out.
  36. Guardian
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game was a great game. Better then GTA Vice City. But this game was kinda short. But it is still a brilliant game and has awesome graphics. Also it is awesome that you have to work for your stats of strength and Stamina and that other stuff.
  37. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  38. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  39. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  40. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  41. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  42. MuratN.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Words can't describe how class this game is. Rockstar's done a great job. Looking foward to the next gta already!!
  43. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  44. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  45. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  46. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  47. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  48. Mike
    Nov 12, 2004
    If your mature enough, its a must.
  49. MichaelV.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Man to all your losers complaining about the game i think this is the best GTA game that has come out yet. It deserves a ten but the only downside to this game is that its soooo big. oh yea!
  50. Erwin
    Nov 12, 2004
    I'm not getting enough sleep. This game rocks in almost every single way. The only minor complaints: I really miss an easy way of restarting a mission and an instant replay-cam would be very nice. Other than that.... game of the decade!
  51. JJJames
    The best game ever.
  52. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  53. FilipeS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is the best game of all my life!
  54. BenN.
    Nov 11, 2004
    If u have a PS2 u need this game.
  55. peterskonkwonk
    Nov 11, 2004
    shittin hell m8 since i fucking got this absolutely shittin mint fucking arse rosh fuckin wicked big up ya self im a mirical master Game i cant fucking stop swearing muther fucker, for fucksake get ya fucking shoes on ya fucking feet and fucking shift ya fat shitty arse down the pissin shop and buy this big motherfucking game,
    big up ya self big up ya status.
    P.S fuck fuck arse cabbage.
    big up ya self big up ya status.
    P.S fuck fuck arse cabbage.

Your Sincerely Peter Skonkwonk
  56. Flydude
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is the most g'd up game ever dawg its of the hizzle fo shizzle.
  57. JerryG.
    Nov 10, 2004
    First off to those complaining bout the game being the same old game, what do u expect? Its a Grand Theft Auto game. Their not gonna change something that works so great as GTA does. Now about the game, this game is huge and is amazing how much detail went into the game. You have so many more options on what to do with C.J. I would tell anyone with a PS2 to get this game.
  58. MichaelP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kickass game to cool makes it feel like your actuallythere killing, robbing, and working for the mafia.
  59. Ertert
    Nov 9, 2004
    I havent actually bought the game yet, its sold out everywhere!!!! do many girls play this game?? i absolutely love it but i know no other girls that do.
  60. RicardoA.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  61. JoshM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best yet!
  62. KieranL.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Brilliant, gang warfare is too tedious and annoying when you are concentrating on the missions.
  63. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Better than the other GTA's and any other crime game.
  64. FarhadA.
    Nov 8, 2004
    It's the best game i have ever played
  65. BigBilly
    Nov 8, 2004
    It's the best game ever.
  66. Wongit
    Nov 7, 2004
    What else is there to say, i can go ahead and say the same stuff everyone else said while reviewing this game, ull be reading the same stuff. by far the greatest game ever.
  67. OGLoc
    Nov 7, 2004
    I personally think that this game is outstanding. i was never able to get into the previous GTA games and actually play them as they were meant with the missions and all. however with san andreas i have not been able to put the game down since i bought it. i think that the game was very well done and the virtual limitless boundries of the game are great. i would highly recommend this game I personally think that this game is outstanding. i was never able to get into the previous GTA games and actually play them as they were meant with the missions and all. however with san andreas i have not been able to put the game down since i bought it. i think that the game was very well done and the virtual limitless boundries of the game are great. i would highly recommend this game to anyone who is not offended by four letter words or general gang language. Expand
  68. YoFMB
    Nov 7, 2004
    I can't belive there are people that don't like this game! They are probably just geeks that think fun things like this game are immature. Well pluk them, this game is the best friggin game i have ever played! This game has certainly advanced a lot since gta and gta2. I hope they keep making more gta games.
  69. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  70. RectalR.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Awesome!
  71. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  72. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  73. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  74. BenJ.
    Nov 5, 2004
    I was bitterly disappointed with Vice City; it struck me as a carbon copy of GTA3 but with a few, rather bland, bells of whistles attached. However this is game is just amazing - I've played for four hours and only bothered to play 4 missions, the rest of the time I've been soaking up everything else there is to do...and I've only tackled a fifth of the overall map! A I was bitterly disappointed with Vice City; it struck me as a carbon copy of GTA3 but with a few, rather bland, bells of whistles attached. However this is game is just amazing - I've played for four hours and only bothered to play 4 missions, the rest of the time I've been soaking up everything else there is to do...and I've only tackled a fifth of the overall map! A staggering game and top marks to Rock Star....you are all fantastic! Expand
  75. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    This Game Is Freakin Awesome This Is One Of The BEst Games Ever This Is A Must Have Game If U Dont Get This Game U Iz One Cracked Out Matha F***a.
  76. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  77. PaulC.
    WOW!
  78. SteveL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Amazing.... just amazing, the size of the game blows my mind, the missions are fun, and the things to do are endless.
  79. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  80. JuliusP.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever and I can't wait to the next game comes out. I know that it will probably come out when the ps3 is release.
  81. CarlM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game,but one thing that you's should do is make it a two player game i know you have but its not a split screen and you can't do anything like eat, go shopping etc. but this game is cool and i think that you should make it a bit like the sims you should be able to run a house and ask your gansters to move in with you.
  82. TJ
    Who Ever Made This Game They Need To Make A Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2
  83. JonM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This thing is so huge it's daunting... great fun so far. But which idiot decided to use dark blue blips on the map for paramedic + taxi missions? I can barely make them out on my (average) TV.
  84. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  85. AndyW.
    Nov 3, 2004
    Best game eva made u can do woteva u like and shud last ages.
  86. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  87. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  88. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  89. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  90. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  91. JasonK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I would've gave this game a 10, except for one for one reason. WHY IN THE HELL CAN YOU NOT SWITCH THE CONTROLS TO THE DIRECTIONAL PAD?!?!? I absolutely cannot stand driving the cars with the analog stick. Other than that, this game kicks serious monkey ass!
  92. KaiserSoze
    Nov 2, 2004
    I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics aren't perfect, but there are limits to the PS2 and the gameplay more than makes up for it. The size and seamlessness is better than any other game on PS2. I still have no idea how they did away with any load times. The missions are outstanding and the game gets much more fun as you progress. You'll be amazed at how much detail has been given to everything, including the countryside, casinos, OTB, working out, getting tattoos and haircuts, controlling your gang, car customization, mission design, etc. There's almost nothing you can't do. The game is just massive. It takes a LONG time to get from one city to another unless you have a plane. Stop yer whining and go buy the thing, even if you have to grow some balls and buy a PS2. They're cheap now. Expand
  93. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  94. StephenM.
    Nov 2, 2004
    IT it brill, im glued to my ps2 nearly all day, the only time i cum off is for the toliet, food and for the p.c, o yer, also for school.
  95. 64J.
    It kicks ass.
  96. KyleK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in its genre. Wicked game. Expand
  97. DeonF.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game kicks ass. It's the best action adventure game ever. i made sure i picked it up on the first day for my collection.
  98. TimS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best video game ever produced! Period.
  99. Marc-AndréK.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , but they re-touched the cars, the peoples, and some other things. And finally the greatest thing of GTA san andreas, is that they add/fix A LOT of thing compare to vice city . Expand
  100. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me but it is a first person shooter and what is this an adventure. Anyway in my opinion halo 2 will be better than ANY game in the market. So i do recommend this game to any ps2 holder it is a must have. But people STOP comparing other games when you don't know how good they are. Expand

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.