8.9

1. May 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, theI am a huge fan of this franchise, the previous games were excellent, when some friends told me to play this game I was like like OK, I purchased it and the game started, the first mission was ironicaly great, the first missions are excellent, but suddenly and surprisingly, my expectations went from really high to down, the next missions are long, stressing and they have no sense, the cameos of the characters from the other games are dissapointing, indeed the whole game is a dissapointment, the only good thing that has the game are the gang wars, but repetitive, this is the worst game of the franchise, this game makes Chinatown Wars as a materpiece. Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2014
    This game gets a lot of praise from people purely because of its open world. Its open world is why people like it. And now the point is...Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is a bad game. It can be fun sure, but the game is designed very badly. This game is unfocused, which is a very bad thing.
    Gta has a very large story, missions built around these stories that you must do to unlock more of the open world...thats the game. Running around, jacking cars and shooting hookers is not the game. Sure you can do it but thats because the game is designed poorly. If this game was just story and nothing else this game would not have gotten a 95, maybe a 70 at best. If you like this game you like the open world and breaking the game with cheats. Thats another thing, if a developer puts cheats in their game pretty much confirms that they know themselves that the game isnt satisfying enough and need to add more stuff to keep you interested.
    San Andreas is very much like Gta 5 and suffers from the same problem. The story is not its strong point, its the open world and they dont work together unfortunately because the world is so unfocused and far from the missions that players just dont care for the story and end up cheating, resulting in a rebellious mood towards the game which is one of the worst things to have.
    Just Cause 2 is the perfect example of how to make Story, missions, open world and fun all work together. Gta does not do that well and the results are a messy, unfocused game with a huge open world that tricks you into thinking its a good game.
    Overall? Vice City is the best Gta to date, focused, simple and can still be fun. San Andreas and gta 5 are same. They can be fun sure but its not a good game.
  3. Dec 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was releasedGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was released on the same day as the handheld game Grand Theft Auto Advance. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2011
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has several flaws that are hard to overlook. The basic idea of the Grand Theft Auto Series is to complete task for different people that for the most part are illegal. You have to kill, steal, and commit other crimes to make more money all while avoiding the cops. Past games have been very successful but San Andreas is not. First off, the City of San AndreasGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas has several flaws that are hard to overlook. The basic idea of the Grand Theft Auto Series is to complete task for different people that for the most part are illegal. You have to kill, steal, and commit other crimes to make more money all while avoiding the cops. Past games have been very successful but San Andreas is not. First off, the City of San Andreas is simply too big. Bigger is not always better. It takes ridiculous lengths to travel to some parts of the city, and there really is no actual reason to have such a big city. There is an actual highway system which is basically the developers saying "Our city is too big and boring to drive through, so we make this nice highway to speed up going through all the horrible travel times." Why not just make a smaller city that you actually enjoyed driving through? It may seem not like a big deal, but really it blows my mind that players have to sit there and hop on an express way to their next objective. Going on the same theme of the massive city, there is simply too many pointless things in this game. One feature is having to eat food or else you get thin and weak. This doesn't add anything to the game, just giving players an annoying task to go find food every so often. Also buying food actually take an absurd time, walking up and taking your order. Why have this? All this is doing is wasting my time when I want to be driving the express way for 10 minutes. Every skill has a level feature. The more you use something or do something, the higher your skill becomes. Yet again this adds no strategy or use to the game. A better feature would have been having to pick and choose which gun skills to increase, like pick the shotgun skill and you can do amazing damage up close, but are penalized for far range shots. You know, make the player actually have to decide something. Not just driving around and leveling up your driving skill randomly. Its like "oh thats cool I guess." One feature is the ability to swim, which actually is useful simply because you don't instantly die if you fall in water. Most others are gimmicky nothings. You can have a girlfriend and go on dates, which is completely retarded. Would you rather get into a high speed police chase, or go out with an npc to a hamburger joint? What is the point besides "Hey look at ANOTHER thing you can do besides play the actual game." There are bars where you can play a badly implemented pool game. You can literally ride a bicycle faster then most cars. You can buy houses, which is useful because you will need many places to save or else you are spending 7 minutes driving down Los Santos Freeway to save. You can go try and find all 100 graffiti points, or the 50 oysters in the ocean, or the 50 horseshoes hidden in the game. Isn't that great? Over 200 collectables that you are expected to find in a city that takes a good 20 minutes to drive from one end to another. Basically the developers way of saying "Here is something for you to look up online." Hiding 100 packages in GTA3 was feasible because you could spend 15 minutes and have checked a decent portion of the map off. If they literally expected players to find 200 small items in San Andreas then I truly don't know what to think. ANOTHER feature is the ability to fight rival gangs in turf battles, which is great because your turfs will be attacked and taken over when you're stuck on the freeway 10 minutes away. If you like Dance Dance Revolution type games, then don't worry because you can load up GTA:SA, drive to a certain location, then play the dancing mini game. Why? As the developers must have thought, why the hell not? More and more is better. With all this added nonsense, there IS a GTA game in there, but its hard to find. GTA: SA is not good. All the extra features are irrelevant, and the map size alone is enough to ruin the game. Don't buy this game even if it's on sale for 50% off at the dollar store. Expand
  5. May 16, 2014
    Didn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never couldDidn't age well, and frankly always was overrated. Yes, it had a massive map, it was important that one could do so many things, all of this is true, but the story of grown men doing graffiti, riding bicycles (when you are told to), getting haircuts (when you are told to), the rough graphics and the pop up, the lame story (unless you're really into 90s rap culture, I guess)...I never could get into it.
    It's a shame the story ruined what could have been a great game.
  6. HalF.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the Man, whaa happen? GTA III was so much fun, Vice City expanded on that with some new features, but now this series is really started to be run into the ground. I guess I'm just finally getting sick of these types of games. Call it Tony Hawk's Pro Skater syndrome... what started as a fun game ruined by too many releases of the same old stuff. I don't want to be playing the same game over and over again for the next 10 years. It's time to move on. Expand
  7. CactuarChocobo
    Jun 30, 2004
    Like all the other GTA games, I expect this one will be buried under all the hype surrounding it too. Let's face the facts, people! GTA sucked! Only the gameplay was OK! It's like nobody saw the graphics of all the games! I had an eyesore just looking at the horrible Vice City! I would have given a 3/10 but looks like people have started treating this game likegod again. Too bad.
  8. RobertA.S.
    Jan 8, 2005
    The same shame as always! Graphics sucks! IA of traffic cars is better even in midtowmn madness 2 because the cars appears randomly, not following a path for each car, if you want to underestand what I'm meaning, let a traffic car to disspaear and then follow it. Hope next GTA will change the game engine.
  9. JaneD.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Pathetic graphics (I would think a 2.4 GHz machine with 1.5 G of ram could actually make characters you could see instead of vague outlines), camera angles that suck and are too hard to control (try driving with one hand, controlling the camera with the other, then finding a third hand to do a drive-by!), too much driving in the missions (I suck at driving and if I wanted a driving game Pathetic graphics (I would think a 2.4 GHz machine with 1.5 G of ram could actually make characters you could see instead of vague outlines), camera angles that suck and are too hard to control (try driving with one hand, controlling the camera with the other, then finding a third hand to do a drive-by!), too much driving in the missions (I suck at driving and if I wanted a driving game there are plenty out there- why not let you choose whether to be the gunner or driver?), and nearly impossible missions (drive from point A to point B without a scratch- even though every driver seems to be a psycho that will violate all traffic laws for the fun of it! or even better, play with a stupid little RC plane!) I'm glad this was a gift, because I would hate to have wasted my own money on this. Expand
  10. RobD
    Dec 23, 2004
    1. it is a piece of dog shit
    2. What is all the fuss about it is only a game where you can shoot people you can do that in any fps.
    3 PS2 don't deserve this game hold on the console is shit as well maybe it should be on it.
  11. Martin
    Dec 3, 2004
    After one week my cd got a big scratch so now i cant play it. it happen while i was playing.
  12. BigJimmy
    Oct 26, 2004
    Same old overrated recycled garbage as the past two games. The first one was fun, but more of the same, again? Boring!
  13. DemonicAngel
    Jan 8, 2005
    This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very This game is just yet another reuse of the GTA formula, with a load of unnecessary "features" tagged on to give the illusion of great depth. The gameplay gets old after a couple of hours, the controls are plain shoddy, and the whole experience just feels like it was hastily thrown together to cash in on the success of the GTA brand. Rockstar's graphics and sound people should be very happy with the work they've done, but the game programmers should all be ashamed of themselves. Not worth the effort. Collapse
  14. I.Lynch
    Mar 11, 2006
    The main problem with this game isnt the dated graphics, the repetitive drive n shoot gameplay or the cliched story. its that ignorant mothers are buying it for their 10 year old kids.
  15. RamiW.
    May 24, 2006
    is that how much you guys love this game all you do is kill people for money to complete objectives. I've never agreed with a critic this much but I agree with the new york times even though its still a fair rating.
  16. FuckinG@ng$t@
    Nov 1, 2004
    I rated this game a 0, because HONESTLY, its so mother fucking incredible, I wanted to rate it 100 out of 10, but its not possible with the given digits :( what a motherfucking masterpiece. I just moved from San Francisco to atlanta, so its good to visit "home" evey now and then. MAN cali is still pimpin it UP! and fuck the rest of the US. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOAD OF JIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVEI rated this game a 0, because HONESTLY, its so mother fucking incredible, I wanted to rate it 100 out of 10, but its not possible with the given digits :( what a motherfucking masterpiece. I just moved from San Francisco to atlanta, so its good to visit "home" evey now and then. MAN cali is still pimpin it UP! and fuck the rest of the US. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOAD OF JIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! (im planning to enterprise the sale of "take my virginity, CJ" t-shirts. rockstar fo life) Expand
  17. MasterCheif
    Nov 19, 2004
    The graphics for this game hurts my eyes. Sure it may be big but it sucks. It does so many things but it does them so poorly. This game is like a bunch diffferent thinngs smushed together to make one big mess. Halo2 is much better. GTA San Andreas = overrated
  18. poopheadpeeonyou
    Nov 6, 2004
    this is the worst game in the world, even mario should get better ratings then this game. Why is everyone so hyped up about it?!?!?!
    I think that rockstar and rockster north have just gone downhill since gta 1 came out in '98. Big dissapointment.
    I HATE GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS!!!

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

DON"T GET THE GAME!!!
  19. GordonFreeman
    Dec 27, 2004
    Pure crap, this game looks like crap, plays like crap, GTA 3 was better, Vice City was the worst, it shud get like -200 score, this game is overrated like mad, and deseves to burn in hell, the graphics are like PlayStation 1's DragonBallGT: Final Bout, seriously its a complete Re-Hash...just cuz it is a GTA game reviewers gave the score really high, when it is absolute junk. [Ed: Pure crap, this game looks like crap, plays like crap, GTA 3 was better, Vice City was the worst, it shud get like -200 score, this game is overrated like mad, and deseves to burn in hell, the graphics are like PlayStation 1's DragonBallGT: Final Bout, seriously its a complete Re-Hash...just cuz it is a GTA game reviewers gave the score really high, when it is absolute junk. [Ed: HL-2 fanboy, Gordon??] Expand
  20. Mike
    Nov 29, 2005
    Ends up rehashing the same overused formula. More of the same--with no improvements. Lackluster and uninnovative.
  21. GeorgeC.
    Aug 23, 2009
    One of the worst game I've ever played... Missions sucks, CJ sucks, graphics sucks!!! This is not a good game, it is boring and you get annoyed after playing 30 minutes!! Stay away from San Andreas!
  22. SomeoneSpecial
    Nov 22, 2004
    I was very dissapointed in this game cuz i thought it was gonna be better. But it really wasnt. It got boring after 10 minutes. It is the same as Vice City. I have a XBOX and PS2 and I suggest you should get Halo 2 that is the real game to get.........Halo 2.....best game ever!
  23. ChrisP.
    Nov 11, 2005
    I'll give Rockstar this, they love reusing the same formula over and over again. When I first played GTA 3, my jaw dropped, I was in awe. When I played GTA:SA, I shrugged. The graphics haven't changed much since GTA 3. The music, well, I suppose it suits it. I'm just curious how many times you can run over a prostitute in a golf cart until it starts to bore you. Personally, I'll give Rockstar this, they love reusing the same formula over and over again. When I first played GTA 3, my jaw dropped, I was in awe. When I played GTA:SA, I shrugged. The graphics haven't changed much since GTA 3. The music, well, I suppose it suits it. I'm just curious how many times you can run over a prostitute in a golf cart until it starts to bore you. Personally, I got all that out of my system in Vice City. Only thing that keeps this game from getting an even lower score is the ability to jack a tractor. If that wasn't present, I probably would've given it a 1. Yes, I enjoyed it that much. Expand

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.