9.0

1. TommyV.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Not bad, not great. I've only had it for one day. This game is perfect for white kids who have low self esteem and feel they have to lash out at the world. Maybe Rockstar should introduce a child characture. It worked for Cosby. Still, the game looks slick for a PS2 offering.
  2. Steve
    Oct 27, 2004
    Slower firing rate for all the guns, I really hate the new camera (that R thumbstick junk), the tank is now destructable and is impossible to aim, and the sunset look gets annoying.
  3. JeffD
    Oct 27, 2004
    Frickin' sweet. It doesn't get much better than this. Outstanding gameplay, so much to do.
  4. JohnQ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Best game i've ever played.
  5. PaulD.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This game is absolutely awesome... The graphics are outstanding...gameplay A+... everything about this game is great.
  6. JayA
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome! They have improved the gameplay with each release and this game is even better than Vice City. It deserves a 10 ranking!
  7. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  8. WowzerzJ.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is amazing. Theres so much to do. Its so addictive, there really needs to be a warning on the box. You start to concentrate so much on Cj's life you forget about your own. Be carefull and take a break!
  9. EliasG.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Best in the series...Where could they go from here?... the Warriors.
  10. JustinS.
    Oct 29, 2004
    I played this game at a friends house and it was awsome. I am going to buy it as soon as i can get the money for it, it is well worth the $50.00 it cost.
  11. MarkC.
    Oct 31, 2004
    So much do I wish I didn't have to work.
  12. MrPennywise
    Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, GTA is back on track and it is bigger and better than every GTA before.
  13. Mike
    Nov 29, 2005
    Ends up rehashing the same overused formula. More of the same--with no improvements. Lackluster and uninnovative.
  14. Mosura1
    Jan 15, 2005
    I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults I don't understand those who trash this title and complain about depth and gameplay. GTA:SA is a game that sets the standard, and requires a true gamer to appreciate what standard Rockstar has set over and over. This title will easily consume 200 hours of original gameplay, in an environment more detailed and overwhelming than any other game in history. Leave this game to the adults to play and appreciate, while the haters can play True Crime because Snoop Dogg makes and appearance. Expand
  15. FredB.
    Nov 7, 2005
    This was awesome!!!! I can play it forever!!!!
  16. ConnerMcleod
    Dec 20, 2005
    a 15 out of 10, sh**t this games kick mayor a**, I normqlly never curse but after playin´ GTASA I gotta say G*dDamn, f*ckin´A. I consider my self a gamer, played all the other Gta and gta´s clones(truecrime) but let me tell U this game will suck U rigth in. There´s nothing like it and belive U me, play it without the cheats you´ll feel the rewards as ua 15 out of 10, sh**t this games kick mayor a**, I normqlly never curse but after playin´ GTASA I gotta say G*dDamn, f*ckin´A. I consider my self a gamer, played all the other Gta and gta´s clones(truecrime) but let me tell U this game will suck U rigth in. There´s nothing like it and belive U me, play it without the cheats you´ll feel the rewards as u get´m, the girlfriend as U find them, u can actually live in the game U can go play at any casino, go to the race track an bet, or play old arcades at any convinience store, but the game itself it´s genuine motherf*cker...give me a hell yeah Expand
  17. LanceJ.
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game was $32.99 on sale at circuit city. Thats like 12 seperate games with the amount of gameplay that is offered for that price. Anyone giving this game a bad score must be an x-box owner and just wants to lower the overall score. This is the greatest ps2 game to date!
  18. CarlosG.
    Feb 19, 2005
    The best game ever putos !
  19. RickoL.
    Feb 22, 2005
    Wow! This is mint!
  20. DavidN.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Great game! I'm from Brooklyn, New York. I don't know much about Cali hoods but this game does a good job of portraying life in the hood. I'm sure any hood in Cali is like any hood in New York.
  21. BrandonM.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I think all the gta game's are cool. i hope thay keep on making games like gta.
  22. CoryK.
    Apr 27, 2005
    The ONLY bad thing about this game is the graphics. The levels are huge, the game is very long, the missions are all varied and there is just so much to do. This game will go down as one of the best games of all time.
  23. SuruR.
    Aug 24, 2005
    Best game ever seen.
  24. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 28, 2006
    There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! There are many reasons to like/dislike a game. Reasons to dislike this range from being quirky to inhumane morals! Some gamers prefered Gta3 over Vice city as they were emotionally attached to that game. And indeed some prefered Vice city over San Andreas for the same reason. Fair enough, but when some hate this game because the main character is black, that is totally brain-dead! Personally i think this is the best Gta ever made! It has the perfect formula for a sand box game and the play area is absolutely MASSIVE! The terrible voice acting and average graphics are annoying (maybe get actual black people to voice-act?), but the humour is back in effect, which went array in Vice City. Although I can relate to Vice City more (being an eighties man) and is still one of my favourite games of all time. There is no arguement that San Andreas is by far the more advanced and enjoyable game by the sheer weight of things to do! But two player is rubbish! Expand
  25. SarelmB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is the best video game on PlayStation 2 ever without a doubt.
  26. RileyF.
    Jun 16, 2006
    This is definantly the best Grand Theft Auto title to date. A massive world to explore, hours of side missions, tons of stuff to buy and a plot that outdoes even that of Vice City in it's gritty intensity.
  27. JamieT.
    Aug 14, 2006
    There is no reason to hate this game! It is the greatest game ever made because it makes you want to play it again and again. It's the greatest game along with Resident Evil 4!
  28. PhilipR.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This should be the #1. Fair enough, it lacks a physics engine. But its so fun that all the bad things are out numbered 999999999:1 by the sheer joy. The 2 player sucked though.
  29. AdamWest
    Dec 11, 2007
    I have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear gamesI have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear games for a while) the freedom feels great. Expand
  30. RichK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. Pretty cool in my vote. I like that cars can actually fly rather then glide. I found a way to make quick money the fun way. Activate car of death cheat and flying cars cheat. it helps if u have a car with nitro but u don't need it. First go really fast on a long strait road. 1ce u start flying keep going up past a layer of clouds. then keep going up until u see some big puffy ones. then dive bomb strait down. if u do it correctly u can get any were from 1000-7000. it only takes like 30 sec if u go fast enough and u land in a empty area like the red country. Enjoy ! Expand
  31. alexxmarsh
    May 26, 2007
    To all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that goTo all the old fart who complain about the violence, the language, or the sexual content, why dont you morons go jump off a bridge and stfu. This game is a masterpiece of epic propotions to deny it that is to prove your own ignorance. You know what i want when i buy a gta game? Violence, blood, foul language, inconciquencial murder, thats the name of the game if u cant deal with that go play a sissy ass mario game or something. If u dont like sa your either an old withered stuck up fart close to death anyhow or a an ignorant hillbilly with a crow bar in your bum. GTA: SA best game of all time period if you dont agree buy your self a 9mm and point it at ur own head, you ignorant hick. If anything i think there isnt enough gore in this game i wanna see more blood like in vice from the chain saw etc. Oh and to the guy who said he cant play this around his child. Your kid is two years old too young and stupid to be impressionable yet. And what kind of a father are your to be playing video games when your child is at a stage in life when he needs human contact and interaction, obviously a very shitty parent, your kid obviously will turn out a pansy little ass because of you.

good day
  32. SamJ.
    Jul 16, 2007
    I think this game is great its fun and has preaty good graphics but way.... too much swearing in it.
  33. MatthewC
    Nov 9, 2009
    the game features everything you would want in a GTA game more meyhem,more weapons,and more vehicles.
  34. josuerocha
    Aug 11, 2009
    A good game, which has a good story and interesting, something good to explore ...

But ... What was to be perfect by their degree of realism, has become a horrible piece of puppet show, where people look stupid without emotion, without any charisma, to lose all the "life" in play "dead" ... Honestly, a cop show without enough capacity to bring something fun and sad to see (or play)

Honestly, a cop show without enough capacity to bring something fun and sad to see (or play) ... Also tired of me just happy using Cheat ... Too tired to look rough and ridiculous scenes that follow the course of San Andreas ...

This "wonderful" game could be VERY best of times, no doubt ...
  35. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2009
    simply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics tosimply the best itiration of anything inter-non interactive in history 18 MILLION sold on the ps2 alone is nuff said. the total gross for the game would be est. at over 1.1 billion which would place it at #3 best selling movie of all time, maybe 2nd. this is truly a benchmark in gaming history. if the re released this game 4 years from now(from august 17th, 2009 spruced up the graphics to a crysis crushing standard, kept all the original gameplay formula in tact, slightly reduced the cursing, (even though i liked it as is), reworked the audio, added more cars planes, doubled the map size, optimised it for ps4 which will probably feature 100gb bluray capacity and pc with ultimate graphics. then reworked the lighting, textures, flames, made realistic ai, increased the travel options to include trips to small maps of cartels in asia to shop for dope etc. allowed you to recruit gang members, reasign lead member positions, assign members to houses around the city, increase the weapon count, weapon damage, sounds, enviro effects etc. paint cars a wide variety of colors, add aftermarket wheel options, engines, exhaust etc. add competitive kayaking and white water to the ravines, grand canyon, include revised multiplayer, local online co-op, jails, nitrous, add 20+ hrs of main story line, the MY list goes on. i hope and believe that my revised version would come near, match or surpass the original in sales and would be happy to buy the ip if available. your input to new editions to the original is welcome. i also forgot to mention calling up gang members to help you in a fight. Expand
  36. GeorgeC.
    Aug 23, 2009
    One of the worst game I've ever played... Missions sucks, CJ sucks, graphics sucks!!! This is not a good game, it is boring and you get annoyed after playing 30 minutes!! Stay away from San Andreas!
  37. StevenV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The best video game ever made since vice city.
  38. AdamH.
    Nov 13, 2004
    People who give this game any rating lower than a nine is out of thier mind. Just because you are whining about not having a ps2 to play it on doesnt mean you have to diss the game u you xbox loving halo 2 f***ers.(Lets go blast aliens whith my laser gun)
  39. RaheelG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    No doubt rockstar does it again with another smash hit. If this game was a women i would have married it already.
  40. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  41. HugoFusion
    Nov 14, 2004
    K two words this game rocks. man u can get hair cuts. and i think u can grow a beard well yeah umm yes umm well yeah of course it gets a ten it is the biggest and best game that was ever introduced to the world.
  42. JoeG.
    Nov 15, 2004
    I have never seen a video game better than this. This game beats Halo 2 by an inch. I thought Driver 3 was good, driver 3 is Pong compared to this.
  43. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  44. JohnnyW.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The best (and when i say best, i mean only decent) game on the PS2. Nothing the PS2 has even comes close to this. PS2 sucks, but I gotta give props to it for this. Finally a reason to play the damn thing.
  45. P.G.
    Nov 16, 2004
    It is fantastic i loved it rockstar havemade another masterpiece my favorite thing about the game is the amount of freedom and real life things you have to do like eat and work out so i rate this game 10 (higher if it was possoble).
  46. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  47. MikeR
    Nov 17, 2004
    Simply put, the best game ever made.
  48. RobertD.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I never got into a GTA game before, but this one has me hooked. I cannot stop playing it.
  49. JOSETRUJANO
    Nov 19, 2004
    GTA SAN ANDREAS IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE 4 THE FACT THAT IT IS MORE REALISTIC MAKES IT BETER NOW U COULD SWIM,WORK-OUT,RIDE BIKES MOD U'R CARS CANGE U'R LOOKS GET TAT'S HAIR CUTS JUMP FENCES DO 4 PERSON DRIVE-BYS MAN THIS IS TRULY THE BEST GAME EVER WELL BYE I GOT 2 GO PLAY
  50. KeithM.
    Nov 21, 2004
    The best game i have ever played, a few graphical errors, and glitches but that doesn't stop the fun, never gets old!
  51. SomeoneSpecial
    Nov 22, 2004
    I was very dissapointed in this game cuz i thought it was gonna be better. But it really wasnt. It got boring after 10 minutes. It is the same as Vice City. I have a XBOX and PS2 and I suggest you should get Halo 2 that is the real game to get.........Halo 2.....best game ever!
  52. MichaelM.
    Nov 24, 2004
    A very interesting game.
  53. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  54. fprExPeRt
    Nov 25, 2004
    Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now Same crap. once u played gta3 youved played them all.....YEAH RIGHT!!! first of all gta games never get old. secondly, u can jump off planes with parachutes....HOW SICK IS THAT?!!so awsome. best part about it is to cause mayhem:) CJ is the best character in all the gta series. in my opinion....its better then halo2..well maybe they are both tied. ps2 owners buy this now!! P.S. u can now cause more mayhem with the new co-op mode^_^ Expand
  55. AlexK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    This Game will take you out of your seat and make you stand up. When you play no matter where you are you get an adrenaline rush.
  56. RaviorC.
    Nov 29, 2004
    FINALLY!! A game where you can make all the moves... No more boundries to hold you back... Literally do whatever you want. I didn't expect a game like this to come out for another 20 years!
  57. JhonD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This game is off the chain who ever gives the game a 6 or lower probably hasnt played it.
  58. JasonA.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Wonderful... so interesting my wife watches me play(sometimes)j/j. But really Rockstar and Rockstar North have truly outdone themselves. Elements from all genres of games are included from RPG to street racing w/ nitros to FPS to PIMPING! Well Done.
  59. ChristinaM.
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure I've been a GTA fan since the very first one. You know, the one with the aerial view and really crappy graphics? I told someone then, "If the graphics were better, this would be the best game on the market!" And OMG!!! It's gotten better and better with each version and San Andreas is just ORGASMIC!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And the video games inside of the video game is just pure technological GENIUS! Expand
  60. RyannY.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I played a lot of games, but this one tops them all, it is so mind blowing because theres so much things you can do in it. My favorite, is playing pool for money.
  61. SAB13
    Dec 21, 2004
    This game is the best game ever made and i hope gta5 is evan better but if they make a gta5 i hope they make chaenges like u could name your own gang and u could choose your own color for your game and create your player to play in gta and could make the city evan more bigger.
  62. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    A very good game but I still enjoyed vice city more for a couple reasons. Tommy from VC was a great character because he was a total wise guy, while CJ is just a sterotypical gangsta. Also san andreas lost some of the humor that pushed the last 2 GTA games though the roof.
  63. ChrisP.
    Nov 11, 2005
    I'll give Rockstar this, they love reusing the same formula over and over again. When I first played GTA 3, my jaw dropped, I was in awe. When I played GTA:SA, I shrugged. The graphics haven't changed much since GTA 3. The music, well, I suppose it suits it. I'm just curious how many times you can run over a prostitute in a golf cart until it starts to bore you. Personally, I'll give Rockstar this, they love reusing the same formula over and over again. When I first played GTA 3, my jaw dropped, I was in awe. When I played GTA:SA, I shrugged. The graphics haven't changed much since GTA 3. The music, well, I suppose it suits it. I'm just curious how many times you can run over a prostitute in a golf cart until it starts to bore you. Personally, I got all that out of my system in Vice City. Only thing that keeps this game from getting an even lower score is the ability to jack a tractor. If that wasn't present, I probably would've given it a 1. Yes, I enjoyed it that much. Expand
  64. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    San Andreas is the best of the GTA 3 series of games for the PS2. The gameplay and minigames are leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The graphics have gradually improved with each game, though they are still nothing extremely special. The setting is great, Vice City put you there, but you really truly get immersed in San Andreas.
  65. TomiB.
    Dec 31, 2006
    It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) It's the TOP of all Grand Theft Autos, why? 'cos it like 3 cites in 1, ya can gamble, play more odd games, (* pool, dancing, eating/drinking, dating, change clothes, hairstyles, even a tattoo if ya like etc...) also your character now swims, parachutes & flys all different types of aircraft...(Vice City afew, GTA3 none if hardly any, plus ya DROWN/die when ya in the water!) Music mostly in the 90's plus more variety like country! Use of more cheats, ya can recruit ANYBODY for your gang member(s), ether with a 9mm or rocket launcher... More FUN! Expand
  66. RyanMcKenzie
    Dec 22, 2008
    The graphics are terrible and two player is not fun, but it is a pretty good game overall. There is a lot of cursing in the game and some reviewers didn't like it but it doesn;t bother me. It wouldn't bother them either if they didn't depend on a Playstation to watch their kids.
  67. Oct 5, 2013
    Good game. the missions can get bit repetative but other than that it is very good. there is lots to do. increase certain stats and you can fly planes.
  68. Nov 11, 2015
    melhor jogo da historia pro melhor console da historia,na época em que gráfico não importava e sim a diversão,que nesse jogo tem garantidas centenas de horas de diversão.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.