9.0

1. Jan 1, 2015
    This is the best GTA out of all of them, great story, great gameplay and still enjoyable 10 years later. A must have if you can get your hands on it.You play as CJ a small time gangster in a small time gang called grove street families. You have to play this a least once before you die it's a classic.
  2. Jan 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best GTA game I`ve experienced after GTA 5. What sets it apart from other GTA games for me is the gang wars where you take over territories which provide a lot of entertainment outside of missions and the ability to customise vehicles and your character Expand
  3. May 11, 2015
  4. Apr 29, 2015
    There is no game that can represent today's social reality of Western civilization, as GTA San Andreas has been able to do. I remember very well when this game came out: everyone talked about it, everyone praised it, everyone wanted it, and everyone had it. Many players had appreciated San Andreas because you could do what you wanted and because it was full of cheats. I agree about theThere is no game that can represent today's social reality of Western civilization, as GTA San Andreas has been able to do. I remember very well when this game came out: everyone talked about it, everyone praised it, everyone wanted it, and everyone had it. Many players had appreciated San Andreas because you could do what you wanted and because it was full of cheats. I agree about the freedom the game give you, and yes, cheats were really beautiful and fun.

But what lies beneath San Andreas is something much deeper and bigger. The setting was magnificent, set in the fictional state of San Andreas. Not to mention the historical context of the early 90s (it was set in 1992), with a fantastic background of uses and costumes, such as music, vehicles, weapons and clothes of that time. The plot was magnificent, rich in actuality as gang warfare, drugs, corruption, shootouts, bank robberies and even more that slowly drag the player down to the slums of the 90s. Among other things, the plot was rooted upon real events as the "East Coast-West Coast hip hop rivalry" and the "Rampart scandal". Things that still today have their weight on culture and on contemporary history.

The gameplay of San Andreas was great: you could do whatever you wanted, right from the start. You could go where you wanted, and turn around the entire map, which was also quite large. You had to eat and drink, or you could go to the gym, or you could gamble, or you could have a girlfriend, or you could kill anyone you wanted also. You could change your clothes and also (and this is not possible in other GTA games) change your appearance, become leaner, more fat, more muscular. You could develop your skills with weapons or driving vehicles. Indeed, from a point of view of gameplay, San Andreas is the deeper and complete chapter of the entire serie, and it felt just like a real rpg-game.

The graphics of San Andreas was not as beautiful as God of War and Metal Gear Solid, however, was more than acceptable and some views as the one of Vinewood were really fascinating.

What else to say? Nothing, except that I recommend this game to anyone, and I consider him a true timeless masterpiece and an important legacy of the early 2000s. Many say that Grand Theft Auto is too violent or that it ruins young minds. I simply say that they should not criticize what they can not understand.
  5. Apr 16, 2015
    Also just cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i can
  6. Aug 4, 2015
    This is the best game I've ever played, in 15+ years of gaming. This game had something that new games lack and that is the total feeling of being in the hands of the developers, in their world, in their story, in their imagination. Every single thing in the game is a brand new experience that you take in captivated and unknowing of how the situation will turn out. And it is all fun andThis is the best game I've ever played, in 15+ years of gaming. This game had something that new games lack and that is the total feeling of being in the hands of the developers, in their world, in their story, in their imagination. Every single thing in the game is a brand new experience that you take in captivated and unknowing of how the situation will turn out. And it is all fun and entertaining, the exact point of it all in the first place. Expand
  7. Jul 22, 2016
    This is one of my favourite GTA game in the series beside GTA 5. The graphics on my iPad are great for a game from 2004. I'm a huge fan of the GTA series owning GTA LCS, GTA SA, GTA 4 and GTA 5.
  8. Jun 17, 2015
    O melhor game que Rockstar Investiu dando todo esse Sucesso , uma coisa FODASE a mídia , o jogo tem elenco pra dar e sobrar mano , ROCKSTAR Parabéns pela Obra
  9. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Is One Of My Favourite Games Of All Time, It Really Captured Los Angeles, And The California Area I Reckon, The Gameplay Was Awesome And The Story Surpasses Any Other Game Made During It's Time, 10/10 Yes Grove Street For Life. Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto is simply the best game series i have ever played and GTA San Andreas is the best GTA on the PS2.

GTA San Andreas improved on its already very entertaining predecessor GTA Vice City with adding the possibility for your character to swim and climb, better camera angles and shooting mechanics, a bigger world but most of all: finally a multi-player mode! What can be

What can be more fun than causing havoc in an open game world on foot, in cars, boats and planes doing dangerous stunts, shooting and blowing up stuff and escaping the police? Right, doing all that with a friend.

I can't rate GTA San Andreas any lower than 10 out of 10. This is without a doubt the best game on the PS2.
  11. Nov 11, 2015
    melhor jogo da historia pro melhor console da historia,na época em que gráfico não importava e sim a diversão,que nesse jogo tem garantidas centenas de horas de diversão.
  12. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  13. May 21, 2016
    This is best Game on GTA Series and best PS2 Game . On Android and Ios this game deserves 9/10 , but on PS2 and PC this game deserves 10/10 . This game was born in 2005 and this game is very amazing game for 2005 . This game has got normal graphics for 2005 and amazing storyline . This game even better than Grand Theft Auto 5 and in this game city as in GTA 5 . Very good game . 10/10 .
  14. Mar 6, 2017
    San Andreas follows the trend of 10/10 releases from Rockstar. This game was the biggest to date when it released and easily one of the best games on the system. A must play game.
  15. Jan 28, 2017
    MASTERPIECE GAME OFF ALL TIME. If you have PS 2 then you must had played this game.

-Youu can swim !
    - you can get fat or skinny
    - You can change hair style

THEBEST
  16. Jun 19, 2016
    Ninguém nunca vai encontrar outro jogo de PS2 tão grande, envolvente e divertido. Isso, senhoras e senhores, é o significado de estar a frente de sua geração.
    Esse jogo ganha com facilidade a posição de melhor jogo da 6 geração.
  17. Jul 22, 2016
    awesome masterpeice i think it is the best game of all time in the best video gaming franchise it is on a lot of systems best gaming story awesome missons nice open world citites i hope they make a sequal and countine the story and a prequel
  18. Dec 1, 2016
    my all time favorite gta game on ps2 great story a lot of challaging missions music is fantastic. this game deserves its review no wonder this is the best selling game on ps2
  19. Oct 25, 2016
    Best Grand Theft Auto and best game ever made in my small humble opinion, its that bloody good ! Best missions and most memorable characters. Theres just so many things right about this game. R*'s 1 and only true masterpiece. Grove St 4 LIFE !
  20. Jan 4, 2017
    ohhhhhhh my god this game has aged well wow im playing it on the ps4 and ohhhh my everything is great except when you fail a mission you stay where u failed it i don't mind if i have to restart the mission but failing it from the other side of the map and having to go ALL THE WAY BACK!!!! but when i failed it i just explored around where i failed so yeah old game great game even if youohhhhhhh my god this game has aged well wow im playing it on the ps4 and ohhhh my everything is great except when you fail a mission you stay where u failed it i don't mind if i have to restart the mission but failing it from the other side of the map and having to go ALL THE WAY BACK!!!! but when i failed it i just explored around where i failed so yeah old game great game even if you don't play story cheats are so funnnnnn Expand
  21. Jan 13, 2017
    One of the best videogames in history. Even today it is still playable and aged amazingly well. This game was such a mindblowing experience backthen which offered so much fun and the replayability is endless.
  22. Mar 6, 2017
    Undoubtedly one of the best games in history and the best game of ps2 for my opinion is a game of 10 from its great history, characters, thematic, atmosphere and an incredibly good living city.

Recommended 10/10 best ps2 game
  23. KurtisH.
    Aug 6, 2006
    i think this game is really good but the problem is that the grhpics arnt that good compared to like vice city and everythign but over all its a really good game.
  24. StephenM.
    Nov 2, 2004
    IT it brill, im glued to my ps2 nearly all day, the only time i cum off is for the toliet, food and for the p.c, o yer, also for school.
  25. KarlK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    It looks awesome although this is coming froma diehard rockstar fan but still the fact that you can swim opens up so many new possibilities and being able to change the look of your person makes it awesome too.
  26. JimB.
    Oct 14, 2004
    It's TIGHT!
  27. BenJ.
    Nov 5, 2004
    I was bitterly disappointed with Vice City; it struck me as a carbon copy of GTA3 but with a few, rather bland, bells of whistles attached. However this is game is just amazing - I've played for four hours and only bothered to play 4 missions, the rest of the time I've been soaking up everything else there is to do...and I've only tackled a fifth of the overall map! A I was bitterly disappointed with Vice City; it struck me as a carbon copy of GTA3 but with a few, rather bland, bells of whistles attached. However this is game is just amazing - I've played for four hours and only bothered to play 4 missions, the rest of the time I've been soaking up everything else there is to do...and I've only tackled a fifth of the overall map! A staggering game and top marks to Rock Star....you are all fantastic! Expand
  28. RectalR.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Awesome!
  29. DannyC.
    Oct 27, 2004
    The only bad thing I can say so far is that I will have to buy it again next year when it comes out on the Xbox. This is only my 2nd game for the PS2, and the graphics are killin my eyes! Definitley a big step up from Vice City!
  30. AdamW.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Let's get one thing straight: this is a GTA game. The core gameplay is essentially the same. You can still steal cars, run missions, shoot people etc. You either like the GTA style or you don't. Assuming you do, there is a LOT to like here. The game is absolutely HUGE. So much area, and so much else to do above and beyond the core missions. The reviewer who said to rentLet's get one thing straight: this is a GTA game. The core gameplay is essentially the same. You can still steal cars, run missions, shoot people etc. You either like the GTA style or you don't. Assuming you do, there is a LOT to like here. The game is absolutely HUGE. So much area, and so much else to do above and beyond the core missions. The reviewer who said to rent this game is dead wrong. While you could possibly complete the core story in that time, there is so much else to do in this game that you would be doing yourself a disservice. Expand
  31. DustinC.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Awesome game. Huge, huge, huge. Tons of stuff to do - even when you're done the missions there is everything else: photos, tags, jumps, minigames, races, etc. Best gameplay ever. The only reason I gave 9 instead of 10 is that the graphics are not up to the standard of everything else, what is with the blocky hands?
  32. DanB.
    Mar 1, 2006
    the game works best if you just forget the story and make up your own objectives and play it for the free roaming beauty it is, cool cars, you can get a tattoo but not enough clothes.
  33. BladeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Very expansive enviroment, lacks some semi-realism, but, who can complain? -2 player mode is quite poor -keeping players stats up can become a chore -amount of different traffic seems to have at least doubled -customization is very cool -games storyboard is spectacular.
  34. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me This is still a good gta game, but it is too long. [Ed: Huh? Really sucks to get your money's worth, doesn't it?] Everything has improved again. You still do the same thing which is fine but i wish you could do some thing other than just missions and killing. Also why in the world are people coparing this game to halo 2? Come on ya can't. People are going to be mad at me but it is a first person shooter and what is this an adventure. Anyway in my opinion halo 2 will be better than ANY game in the market. So i do recommend this game to any ps2 holder it is a must have. But people STOP comparing other games when you don't know how good they are. Expand
  35. JoeM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    I do not own this game yet but I have played it at my friends house and it is the best game ever blows driv3r out of the water and way outstrips vice city.
  36. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! I am only 3% done the game, and it is already obvious how great it is! I am taking my time too, since just plain cruising around is fun too! And doing side missions too. Not to forget new to GTA:SA, is keeping your character Carl Johnson in shape. Going to the gym to exercise and build muscle, biking and swimming to build stamina as well to avoid getting fat from driving all the time! Americans as a whole should take note! The swimming means driving into water isn't instant death, get out and swim to land, and even swim underwater to find oysters, which I found one. This game has great hills too, unlike Vice City for the most part, and countryside for off road driving! A few side games so far include off track betting, mini arcdade games, a dance dance revolution parody, and a mini basketball game, similar to the mini games from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Did I mention I am only 3% done, there are still umpteen more missions, 2 parts of the map to unlock, more features, like suping up cars. I for the most part avoided reviews, and information about it to go in fresh, and that way, there is more to look forward to, and be excited about! Expand
  37. VictorG.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I love this game but i give it a nine cause of the fact that we dont have the option 2 make are character white or black. sorry but i would like it 2 look like me or at least my skin color. maybe next game we can creat are character from scratch like in the sims. other than that the game rocks!!!!
  38. ThomasM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Those foul-mouthed ba****ds! There's a lot of f***in cussing, holy s**t! I love it! Brother! Motherf***er! Yeah! GTA:SA deserved a 09 out of 10. WoW.
  39. JoshB.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Yeah ok, it's pretty much the same game as the last one, but what makes that a bad thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just add a little more depth for character development and great new voice actors, and you have another blockbuster.
  40. ASIS
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazingThis is an incredible game. i was kinda dissapointed at the graphical aspect of the character textures, not much of a change, but after 10 minutes i completely forgot about the graphics and focused on some amazing gameplay. As someone who did grow up in south central LA during the riots and gang wars , it does impress me to see a game like this. all the things you have to do are amazing compared to the past 2 gta incarnations on the ps2. storyline wise, just as good as i expected it if not better. as for xbox owners, simple, dont like it, then dont play it. Expand
  41. FranciscoG.
    Oct 31, 2004
    When vice city came out i was like whoa dude!!! san andreas ate vice city for lunch. i played vice city everyday and now i can care less about it and probably wont ever play it again because san andreas is 10xs better than any game ive played "ever" yes even better than sonic 1.
  42. BrettS.
    Oct 31, 2004
    It's GTA Vice City, but with a hip hop theme, and a bigger arena. Still better than 98% of the games out there. Nothing beats running over people with a tractor!
  43. DonyeaT
    Jul 2, 2009
    This game is amazing and definitely one of the best games you can get for the PS2. While some missions leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality and how much sense they make, the game's freedom makes up for most, if not all, flaws in the game. Also, using the games various cheats, the game play can provide more fun and hours than any other game out.
  44. Marc-AndréK.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , This game is the best game i ever played when u want all in one game. If u want a race game, there is in this game ... but do not compare this gta san andreas to gran turismo 4. Anyways , it is gang bang all the way, whitch i find fun , even if i'm not a rapper. Nice soundtracks , HUGE map !, the only thing i wasn't impressed, was the graphics , its the same base of vice city , but they re-touched the cars, the peoples, and some other things. And finally the greatest thing of GTA san andreas, is that they add/fix A LOT of thing compare to vice city . Expand
  45. JerryG.
    Nov 10, 2004
    First off to those complaining bout the game being the same old game, what do u expect? Its a Grand Theft Auto game. Their not gonna change something that works so great as GTA does. Now about the game, this game is huge and is amazing how much detail went into the game. You have so many more options on what to do with C.J. I would tell anyone with a PS2 to get this game.
  46. Erwin
    Nov 12, 2004
    I'm not getting enough sleep. This game rocks in almost every single way. The only minor complaints: I really miss an easy way of restarting a mission and an instant replay-cam would be very nice. Other than that.... game of the decade!
  47. Guardian
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game was a great game. Better then GTA Vice City. But this game was kinda short. But it is still a brilliant game and has awesome graphics. Also it is awesome that you have to work for your stats of strength and Stamina and that other stuff.
  48. JasonK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I would've gave this game a 10, except for one for one reason. WHY IN THE HELL CAN YOU NOT SWITCH THE CONTROLS TO THE DIRECTIONAL PAD?!?!? I absolutely cannot stand driving the cars with the analog stick. Other than that, this game kicks serious monkey ass!
  49. RobertP.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Great game some things id change is have to feed him. great idea to add but why do u have to eat to survive. not the sims here. i play these games to KILL KILL KILL.
  50. NateW.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I'm curious as to who Jim D. is referring to when he complains this game only appeals to one "specific group"... I wonder if I fall into that group, because I think it is incredible what they accomplished with this game. The level of both technical and production polish on this game in unprecedented.
  51. AnthonyM.
    Oct 28, 2004
    Fantastic new spin on the Grand Theft Auto franchise, great charters,great storyline!! best of all tons of side quests and truly Outstanding gameplay. This one's gonna be hard to beat!!!
  52. EliasG.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Best in the series...Where could they go from here?... the Warriors.
  53. DavidN.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Great game! I'm from Brooklyn, New York. I don't know much about Cali hoods but this game does a good job of portraying life in the hood. I'm sure any hood in Cali is like any hood in New York.
  54. SamJ.
    Jul 16, 2007
    I think this game is great its fun and has preaty good graphics but way.... too much swearing in it.
  55. BloodEmperor
    Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic addition to the GTA series, absolutley huge with LOADS to do! Lots of new additions to the gameplay, and the handling of the game Sometimes the frame rate can jump slightly and thats the only reason for my 9.. other than that.. AMAZING!
  56. BryanV.
    Nov 16, 2004
    The whole story line is way better than previous GTA's. More options. Great game.
  57. AceH.
    Nov 17, 2004
    A very good game and the best GTA game yet. The amount of freedom is staggering. All the good things from past gtas return, but unfortanetely so do the glitches, holding it back from a 10.
  58. AnonymousMC
    Dec 23, 2004
    A very good game but I still enjoyed vice city more for a couple reasons. Tommy from VC was a great character because he was a total wise guy, while CJ is just a sterotypical gangsta. Also san andreas lost some of the humor that pushed the last 2 GTA games though the roof.
  59. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    San Andreas is the best of the GTA 3 series of games for the PS2. The gameplay and minigames are leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The graphics have gradually improved with each game, though they are still nothing extremely special. The setting is great, Vice City put you there, but you really truly get immersed in San Andreas.
  60. Dec 31, 2010
    People should look past the controversies of violence, sex and disturbing mods of the game. As a platformer fan, San Andreas is the best action game I had played. You don't need to read too much to know there's a lot of features. From shooting, driving all kinds of transport (cars, bikes, planes, choppers, boats), gym training, side-jobs and still a lot more. The missions and story arePeople should look past the controversies of violence, sex and disturbing mods of the game. As a platformer fan, San Andreas is the best action game I had played. You don't need to read too much to know there's a lot of features. From shooting, driving all kinds of transport (cars, bikes, planes, choppers, boats), gym training, side-jobs and still a lot more. The missions and story are great. The story is about CJ returning from Liberty City to San Andreas after 5 years in Liberty City to visit his family and help his gang, but he is also forced to help the cops. To stop the corrupted the police, CJ goes around San Andreas in search of trusted people to fight back the police. The graphic and audio are dated but very clear. What I love very much about San Andreas is the best soundtracks, which makes the game nostalgic for the memories of your entire life. I hope I get to play this again after so many years not playing it. Collapse
  61. Jan 26, 2011
    Dude this game is pretty sweet. Like its not "the best game ever" (but close to it), but it probably is the best game on PS2. Ya ya, you can't see there emotions, but at least there heads aren't boxes! Its probably one of the best GTAs, because of the cheats (perfect for hanging out with your friend) and for some other aspects. Great game! Really cheap, so I bought it.
  62. Jun 14, 2011
    Fantastic game. Great gameplay and very enjoyable. Only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because it's a bit glitchy compared to GTA IV and the graphics aren't the best but it's a masterpiece of a game you'll never get tired of.
  63. Nov 15, 2011
    Still the best gta to this date. GTA IV sucks compared to this and watch gta 5 suck compared to it also. Comparing GTA IV to SA is like comparing a potatoe to a computer. SA is a very very good game. So worth the 10 if you ask me. Im hoping R* does something good for its 10th ani unlike the crappy 10th ani for GTA 3 where all it got was ported to mobiles and not ps3. I love SA and stillStill the best gta to this date. GTA IV sucks compared to this and watch gta 5 suck compared to it also. Comparing GTA IV to SA is like comparing a potatoe to a computer. SA is a very very good game. So worth the 10 if you ask me. Im hoping R* does something good for its 10th ani unlike the crappy 10th ani for GTA 3 where all it got was ported to mobiles and not ps3. I love SA and still play it to this day. Who says classics are bad? Expand
  64. Sep 5, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto games have always been held in high regard by the majority of gamers. Most of humanity is easily accused of mob mentality when it comes to these games, and especially when it comes to GTA: San Andreas. This game is absolutely astonishing, from great voice acting to the multitude of mechanics. I only have two criticisms: the textures which... aren't brilliant, and the factGrand Theft Auto games have always been held in high regard by the majority of gamers. Most of humanity is easily accused of mob mentality when it comes to these games, and especially when it comes to GTA: San Andreas. This game is absolutely astonishing, from great voice acting to the multitude of mechanics. I only have two criticisms: the textures which... aren't brilliant, and the fact that you can't go into free aim on this version without finger gymnastics. Expand
  65. May 19, 2012
    Awards: The Best Game of 2004, The Best Sandbox Game of 2004, The Best Single Player Experience of 2004 . The best selling game of PS2 is even one of the best game ever. GTA San Andreas is an open world game, that deserves the place for one of the best GTA ever. Story with gangsters never been so awesome, and the gameplay is a terrific sandbox. This game is even drama, because of theAwards: The Best Game of 2004, The Best Sandbox Game of 2004, The Best Single Player Experience of 2004 . The best selling game of PS2 is even one of the best game ever. GTA San Andreas is an open world game, that deserves the place for one of the best GTA ever. Story with gangsters never been so awesome, and the gameplay is a terrific sandbox. This game is even drama, because of the murder of CJ's mothers, and some secrets. It haves some cool extras: drive an transportation airplane, a huge beautiful world, new weapons etc. This game is almost perfect! (9.8) Expand
  66. Aug 14, 2012
    A huge success, and a flawless sandbox game. It impressed me of It's outstanding story, addictive gameplay and kick-ass characters. San Andreas It's a special game, that I will remind it for years. 97 out of 100
  67. ERB
    Jul 29, 2013
    This is far the best PS2 game I have ever played.
  68. Jul 3, 2013
    It's the best game in the series, there are lots of activities to do, though CJ is not as convincing as Niko, San Andreas proves to be better than GTA IV. A fascinating story with three huge cities and vast rural areas, solid gameplay, variety of vehicles and transportation, the player can travel on foot, by car or by plane and by boat. Immense missions that are not repetitive andIt's the best game in the series, there are lots of activities to do, though CJ is not as convincing as Niko, San Andreas proves to be better than GTA IV. A fascinating story with three huge cities and vast rural areas, solid gameplay, variety of vehicles and transportation, the player can travel on foot, by car or by plane and by boat. Immense missions that are not repetitive and impressive cast with excellent graphics for the PS2, and a spectacular voice acting. San Andreas is one of the greatest games of its generation. Expand
  69. Jul 5, 2013
  70. Dec 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is everything you want in a GTA game. Easily one of the best games of it's generation, and maybe even the generations to follow.
  71. Oct 5, 2013
    Good game. the missions can get bit repetative but other than that it is very good. there is lots to do. increase certain stats and you can fly planes.
  72. Oct 31, 2013
    this is absolutely one of the best games ever made for ps2,it is by far the biggest gta series game ever made so far and it's the biggest and better gta for ps2.
  73. Dec 13, 2013
    Well,what can i say about this game
    ITS F***ing Amazing!!
    the plot is awesome,the gameplay is ok
    the graphics are...meh,they could be better
    but the world of san andreas was impressive in his moment
    San Andreas Rules!!
  74. Nov 10, 2013
    Really really fun...Hours after hours playing. I especially love those mini-games. Like finish the fireman task and get immunity to fire! Awesome! Like A GOD! :p
  75. Jun 7, 2015
    This game is a true open world adventure. Filled with side quests and things to do it never is a bore. The story is interesting and takes place 5 years after Gta 3, the graphics are not good anymore and there are some minor flaws such as: Hovering dead bodies, pop in, and minor glitches. The story is full of betrayal and you must pick sides. The modding capablity is great on pc , with tonsThis game is a true open world adventure. Filled with side quests and things to do it never is a bore. The story is interesting and takes place 5 years after Gta 3, the graphics are not good anymore and there are some minor flaws such as: Hovering dead bodies, pop in, and minor glitches. The story is full of betrayal and you must pick sides. The modding capablity is great on pc , with tons of cool mods to get. It's a really good game and stands to the test of time gameplay wise. Car driving does somewhat feel shallow, and not good. The game itself has really interesting characters which you begin to learn their back story during part of the game. The AI in this games does feel somewhat dumbed down compared to newer games. It still a must own title for ps2,pc,and xbox. For all players alike, once you get over these issues its a fun ride from there. The game is a total must buy! Expand
  76. Aug 10, 2016
    Understandable , entertaining and epic , the playability of the game is very good , history, game modes , characters, I especially like "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas " and everyone has enjoyed , and surely you you will love.
  77. Oct 3, 2015
    Este juego nunca pasara al olvido, es algo fascinante, la historia es demasiado increíble ademas de muy larga y fascinante, se ven pocos juegos como este porque es demasiado completo. Es demasiado realista en cuanto a jugabilidad, los gráficos eran buenos para la época (2004) el sonido excelente y muy innovador.
  78. May 22, 2016
    One my favourite ps2 games. Story, missions, cities, cars, weapons, cheats... everything is perfect The only bad is graphics, pc version has better graphics.
  79. Jul 29, 2016
    gran juego uno de mi infancia vale la pena enserio jugabilidad grande lo malo los mapas de la venturas los santos y san fierro son muy pequeños la historia muy grande
  80. Jan 3, 2017
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ou apenas GTA San Andreas, é sem duvidas um dos jogos mais emblematico do playstation 2, sem falar que é um dos jogos mais importantes da historia, influenciou muitos games, tem um boa historia, tem um bom personagem que é o CJ, que para muito é o melhor da franquia (eu particulamente prefiro o Trevor), tem um excelente trilha sonora, um mapa gigantesco,Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ou apenas GTA San Andreas, é sem duvidas um dos jogos mais emblematico do playstation 2, sem falar que é um dos jogos mais importantes da historia, influenciou muitos games, tem um boa historia, tem um bom personagem que é o CJ, que para muito é o melhor da franquia (eu particulamente prefiro o Trevor), tem um excelente trilha sonora, um mapa gigantesco, grafico bons para a época, muitas coisas para fazer, dava para jogar de 2 offline, fazer muito zueira no game, muitos carros para usar, motos e etc, missoes memoraveis, é um jogo inesquecivel, mesmo com alguns problemas, eu ainda acho 3 terceiro melhor da franquia GTA ( eu acho GTA 2 e GTA 5 os melhores). Nota 9.5 Expand
  81. Jan 26, 2017
    Great Game,Great Plot,Great Gameplay,Great Soundtrack.But some bad characters textures,graphics.
    Overall:A One of the Greatest of All Time,Because of funny dialogues,easter eggs.
  82. Apr 16, 2017
    It has it's flaws, but GTA: SA is by far one of the greatest of its kind, even put up against the latest games in the series. It has its own unique charm that Rockstar perfected.
    Great characters, great story, great game.
  83. Apr 16, 2017
    One of the most influential and overrated games of all time. Here is why:
    The graphics. GTA Vice City had the best looking graphics so far of the series. When this game came out the character models and designs looked so ugly. Everything else looked impressive for the time but the graphics aged poorly overtime.
    The soundtrack. As much as I love this game, the soundtrack just couldn't
    One of the most influential and overrated games of all time. Here is why:
    The soundtrack. As much as I love this game, the soundtrack just couldn't match the perfection of Vice City. The best radio stations are K-DST, Radio Los Santos and Radio X. The rest are all terrible.
    The sound is amazing. The voice acting is fantastic.
    A lot of other good things about the game: The rpg elements in the game were fun, it had much more interact-ability than Vice City, it gave us the swim ability for the first time, better fighting mechanics, customization for cars and CJ, gang wars, a plethora of mini games and side missions, importing cars, more property assets to buy and a LOT of collectibles to find.
    The combined world of Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro was amazing to explore and so cool. It captures the real world areas of Las Vegas, Los Angeles and California to perfection. The controls were clunky but were easy to use. The story is so good, you will want to play the game over and over like Vice City and GTA 3. The difficulty curve is better than GTA 3.

A word of advice don't play the XBOX version. The controls are abysmal and the difficulty is more aggravating than the PS2 version.

Overall it's a fantastic game but I love Vice City more.
  84. someguy
    Aug 2, 2007
    It adds a ton of features but doesn't really change the overall gameplay.
  85. Salmon
    Oct 30, 2004
    Hey, it´s GTA...let´s add 1-2 scoring points if you´re a respected reviewer. It isn´t without flaws people. The control of the main character while running around is still kinda stiff and sloppy. The framerate isn´t really that good. Really weak texturing around the cities. The small map (in the left corner) is still getting people dizzy. Pretty low Hey, it´s GTA...let´s add 1-2 scoring points if you´re a respected reviewer. It isn´t without flaws people. The control of the main character while running around is still kinda stiff and sloppy. The framerate isn´t really that good. Really weak texturing around the cities. The small map (in the left corner) is still getting people dizzy. Pretty low resolution. The Sims-related stuff in the game isn´t that great at all. Well, the rest is just great with this game, but everyone goes crazy like "it´s the best game on the PS2!!11!"...well hello, it´s time to wake up and see the Vice City-upgrade for what it is. Therefore...my score stops at...8. Expand
  86. SimonP.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too Hyperbole aside, what makes the GTA games compelling for me isn't the violence (lets face it - what's big, clever or new about that?) it's the go anywhere, do anything nature of the gameplay. This games continues and enhances the tradition of (almost) free form play in a largely believable game-world. Overall though, my abiding impression is that the game has become too ambitious for the machine it's running on. The graphics and framerate are very weak in places and although that doesn't not spoil the game, I can't help imagining this concept realised on a machine capable of doing the vision of the developers justice - (hopefully the next generation of PS and Xbox). Still a superb and involving game though. Expand
  87. JonM.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This thing is so huge it's daunting... great fun so far. But which idiot decided to use dark blue blips on the map for paramedic + taxi missions? I can barely make them out on my (average) TV.
  88. DonkeyKongX
    Oct 26, 2004
    I HIGHLY DOUBT GTA SAN ANDREAS IS BETTER THAN HALF LIFE 2, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, GTA VC got boring after like 2 months, Because it was just the same as GTA III, and GTA SA WILL BE BETTER ON PC, AND HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2, F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., AND FAR CRY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN GTA!
  89. AVideoGameCritic
    Dec 6, 2004
    A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the A great game....until you reach Las Venturas. The missions there (in general) are tedious, and the plot (at that point) is completely non-existent. So...why continue playing? This is the only GTA game that I have not been compelled to finish. That said, this game has many features, etc. that are improvements, and the 3 cities are each very large and detailed (although Las Venturas is the blandest) and, until Las Venturas, the missions in this game are very fun and entertaining. Overall, recommended to GTA fans, I just think it needed a stronger plot. And neither city was as cool as Vice City... I'm also starting to wonder about the quality of this series in general. After extensive play, does anyone else's disc start to get messed up, have slower load times, and does the console start to make weird sounds when playing this game? The same thing happened to me with Vice City, and eventually, it stopped working. Hope this isn't a repeat of that... Expand
  90. SamP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Tony M. --- the thing is the 'Box WILL get SA some time whereas "Halo 2" will NEVER EVER be put into the PS2's flimsy disk tray EVER!!
  91. DiatrexV.
    Jul 29, 2006
    This game was very good. It was worked hard on and got very famous. The A.I. was superb! The graphics were also quite good. It deserves an 8. This game isn't vey scrippted. The problem is the sexual contact, the swearing, and nudity is just too much. Whatever the hell you do think wisley before you buy it (if you want to).
  92. BenN.
    Nov 11, 2004
    If u have a PS2 u need this game.
  93. G.G.
    Nov 19, 2004
    No, not the best game ever, its rather pathetic actually, but it still outdoes its predecessors.
  94. ZackJ.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This game was kool but i think the cops are too powerful, and there are sutch little cheat codes to use. I like the new feature that you can swim, but then there is the down side that you lose life when you run out of air. i tihnk is would be better if they had air tanks you could buy.don't dont get me wrong tho th car and how you can now ride bikes and skateboards.
  95. AdamWest
    Dec 11, 2007
    I have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear gamesI have played this for a couple of months now (replaying) and it gets a bit too repetitive after a while. I haven't played the other games so I don't know about their comparisons. But you should rent this if you haven't played the other games. It does have some ridiculously difficult parts. Sometimes it just plains sucks and on other days (after playing other linear games for a while) the freedom feels great. Expand
  96. R.Allen
    Nov 24, 2004
    Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% Great game...love the GTA series. Most aspects of the game, I give a 10. My only drawback was the music and language. Would prefer "radio-edits" of the songs, not the constant barrage of F* bombs. (in the songs and the cut-aways) The music in Vice City was much better! (personal opinion) Still the best game out there. I've logged in 20 hours of game play, still haven't hit 20% completion. This game should keep you interested for months. Expand
  97. Jun 12, 2011
    San Andreas stepped away from GTA III and Vice City by actually focusing on the gameplay much more that previous titles. The rpg elements added also keep the game fresh compared previous titles. I didn't really care for the story at all, and the ghetto setting is much worse than Vice City's to me... but GTA has never been about plot to me, so that doesn't really take anything away fromSan Andreas stepped away from GTA III and Vice City by actually focusing on the gameplay much more that previous titles. The rpg elements added also keep the game fresh compared previous titles. I didn't really care for the story at all, and the ghetto setting is much worse than Vice City's to me... but GTA has never been about plot to me, so that doesn't really take anything away from the game. I give it a 10 compared to other Grand Theft Autos, and an 8 against everything else. Its a fun game. Expand
  98. Apr 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the best of the series 4 me with awesome story line great game play and RPG elements mixing it up, Jet packs and bicycles, horse racing and girlfriends, **** and Drugs, strippers and Gambling Yep this games a must. Love gangster territory take overs and the Leveling up system for weapons and your guy.

Great Game play,
    Awesome RPG elements ,
    Hilarious story line ,
    Beautiful Open world.
  99. Aug 2, 2012
    Good game, it does get challenging if you don't use cheats. Awesome soundtrack on Playback FM and Radio Los Santos, I hate other stations. Gguns too. But I had to take off 2 points due to the gameplay getting unrealistic sometimes like killing another gang 55 on 1-5 or something like that.
  100. Sep 5, 2012
    All around a sick game I just would rather play it on the PC. I did own San Andreas for PS2 as it was my only option, and I'd say the big downfall besides graphics is load time. This game is massive though, and so large that it is one of the few games I've owned and not completed. At release this was the best GTA available, the graphics and gameplay were improved over Vice City. I doAll around a sick game I just would rather play it on the PC. I did own San Andreas for PS2 as it was my only option, and I'd say the big downfall besides graphics is load time. This game is massive though, and so large that it is one of the few games I've owned and not completed. At release this was the best GTA available, the graphics and gameplay were improved over Vice City. I do recommend though that you experience the Grand Theft Auto series on your PC if possible, but you do need a kick ass machine. I currently use a GeForce 670 SLI and no joke I still get minor frame rate issues with GTA 4. Expand
  101. Dec 31, 2010

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.