8.9

1. LordVader
    Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome game, this is easily the best of the GTA games, excellent graphic and fantastic playability but what's with trashing the Xbox? The game is coming to that console as well so what's the big deal? I think some people need to grow up abit.
  2. SidE.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best game there is out! i cant wait to see what rockstar can conjure up next. Right when you think it can get any better they suprise us again. congratulations its another victory for rockstar!!!!
  3. Bolo
    Dec 5, 2004
    This game is really fun... u can swim !
  4. Kevin
    Oct 26, 2004
    Excellent! The best game in the series and the main character is finally cool unlike Tommy.
  5. Carl
    Oct 30, 2004
    GTA San Andreas is the best GTA I've ever played and i played all GTAs except GTA london and the new feature like fat stamina and muscle are very cool and finally u can SWIM this is the coolest new feature in GTA San Andreas i think.
  6. Carl
  7. SabinoS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    I like this game beacuse i like killing.
  8. CurtisS.
    Feb 19, 2005
    GTA san andreas is the BEST game in tha world. It is so realistic to the real freakin world!!! I rate it 10!
  9. PaulC.
    Feb 6, 2005
    WOW!
  10. AlexS.
    Feb 9, 2005
    Very great game.....it was everything I expected.
  11. JJJames
    Mar 3, 2005
    The best game ever.
  12. VincentV.
    May 5, 2005
    The best game ever made...until the sequel.
  13. Dante
    Jun 1, 2005
    This is actually the first gta i played - i just wanted to see what all the hype was about - i AM a gamer - perhaps old school - buts thats what make gta:sa all the more impressive. its a classic game and no amount of review copy would do it just - there just arent enough adjectives to mtch the depth of gameplay in the this awsome entertainment package. if you have any type of gamingThis is actually the first gta i played - i just wanted to see what all the hype was about - i AM a gamer - perhaps old school - buts thats what make gta:sa all the more impressive. its a classic game and no amount of review copy would do it just - there just arent enough adjectives to mtch the depth of gameplay in the this awsome entertainment package. if you have any type of gaming console that would support this game - get gta:sa and you will own a defining game of our time - how can a game with such mediocre graphics dominate the PS2? simple - its an incredible game - everything to do and forever to do it. a masterpiece. Expand
  14. JackD.
    Jul 6, 2005
    This was the best game I ever played!
  15. AlexanderH.
    Jul 20, 2006
    I think this is one of the most brilliantly precieved games ever thought of, and one of the best games I have ever played. DOT. There is absolutly no way you can not love, or at least, like, the abiltiy to chooose and do whatever you please whenever you want., including the missions. GTA:Vice City was good. GTA3 was great. (yeah, I thought GTA3 was better than Vice City) This game is I think this is one of the most brilliantly precieved games ever thought of, and one of the best games I have ever played. DOT. There is absolutly no way you can not love, or at least, like, the abiltiy to chooose and do whatever you please whenever you want., including the missions. GTA:Vice City was good. GTA3 was great. (yeah, I thought GTA3 was better than Vice City) This game is unbelievable on all levels. And you have to admit, there is a little control freak in all of us! Expand
  16. JamesD.
    Jan 28, 2010
    If San Andreas has made one thing clear, it is that the GTA experience can be enormous. The locations, the characters, the variety, it all makes for a game which is so awe inspiring and entertaining that putting it down is extremely difficult. I can't believe the arrogance of some of these user critics and the NY times. What on earth are you guys saying, are you trying to diss a game If San Andreas has made one thing clear, it is that the GTA experience can be enormous. The locations, the characters, the variety, it all makes for a game which is so awe inspiring and entertaining that putting it down is extremely difficult. I can't believe the arrogance of some of these user critics and the NY times. What on earth are you guys saying, are you trying to diss a game to try and be different from the popular view? Did the New York Times not receive their bribe? Truth and honest says to me that this game is completely defined with one of the best games I have ever played Expand
  17. MuratN.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Words can't describe how class this game is. Rockstar's done a great job. Looking foward to the next gta already!!
  18. JasonM.
    IT ROCKS.
  19. KyleK.
    Nov 2, 2004
    WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in WHAT THE! Im blown away at how there is so many things to do and it's long. This is way better than GTA 3 So what the hell are the metacritic people doin, 96 score c'mon its way better than gta 3 anyway u do ur stupid calculations but san andreas is the best. I know y u put GTA 3 so high because it was a new "revolution" in the GTA series. But again i say it's the best in its genre. Wicked game. Collapse
  20. DanS.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the most amazing thing i have ever played. gta san andreas has set a standard for all rpgs and any game for that matter. san andreas has changed the whole video game world and lets you interact with almost anything you can think of.
  21. 64J.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Amazing...
  24. AaronT.
    Nov 23, 2004
    If only some of the movie sequels could evolve as well as the entire GTA series has. The most enjoyable gaming experience I have had since the original Mario Bros. on the NES.
  25. TJ
    Who Ever Made This Game They Need To Make A Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2
  26. BigBilly
    Nov 8, 2004
    It's the best game ever.
  27. KieranL.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Brilliant, gang warfare is too tedious and annoying when you are concentrating on the missions.
  28. JakeW.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Dude I play this game all the f...ing time!! I love the fact that you can have girlfriends and all that sh.t! It f...ing rules!!!
  29. RyanS.
    Dec 13, 2004
    This game is the bomb!!!!!!
  30. BertH.
    Oct 26, 2004
    No arguments needed....... The Game speaks well for itself. Can't imagine what games will be like in 20 or even 10 years from now.
  31. DaDefJam
    Oct 26, 2004
    It's a timeless classic, even better than Vice City.
  32. BobP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    This greatly expands on the last GTA with a landscape six times the size of the last, with no loading in-between areas, most of the missions are of greater depth and quality than the best in vice city. Voice acting is consistent all-around, instead of just the main character. The RPG-like stats system is a nice addition and not just an extra chore to do. The customization of your This greatly expands on the last GTA with a landscape six times the size of the last, with no loading in-between areas, most of the missions are of greater depth and quality than the best in vice city. Voice acting is consistent all-around, instead of just the main character. The RPG-like stats system is a nice addition and not just an extra chore to do. The customization of your character is also extremely well done. The control of vehicles and aiming is about at vice city level to start with, then as you gain stats, it gets better (though I haven't gotten to the point of aircraft yet). The mini-games are all well thought out and implemented. To say its just a rehash just shows you havent really played it or its predecessor. Expand
  33. RyanO.
    Dec 7, 2004
    GTA san andreas is the best game i have ever played so far.There is so much stuff to do.I think rockstar should make another gta game.
  34. dudeerr
    Oct 27, 2004
    whats up with these bitches who don't like the game it is fucken awsome. so much new shit so fun I am only on like the tenth mission and I am loving every bit of it. dumfucks like chimp and john h can go fuck themselves this game is badass
  35. AtariJaguarFetish
    Oct 27, 2004
    The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, The graphics in this game are so awesome, rivaling Driver 2's on PS1, which is saying a lot. I love the pop-up which brings me back to the days of twitch gaming, where you needed fast reflexes to win. The control almost rivals Syphon Filter 2 and Tenchu 2's control, which we all know had the best control ever. The water effects almost surpass Cobra Triangles water on the NES, which still to this day has the best water effects ever. When it rains in the game, it almost looks as good as the rain in Saturn games, which did rain better than even Intellivision. Not even the PS2, Dreamcast nor XBOX can touch the graphics, control and gameplay here. Yes, I would have to say this is the best Atari Jaguar game I've ever played, maybe all month. Expand
  36. IvaP.
    Oct 27, 2004
    My closest friend lost his marriage because of the GTA series, but he wouldn't have it anyway. He won't be remarrying for the next 2 years after the release of San Andreas. I've played it too... great graphics and that non-linear gameplay that makes you never want to touch a linear game again. Better than sex! Not that i've had it before. :)
  37. BoomerSooner
    Oct 27, 2004
    Anyone that gives this a low score doesn't know what they're talking about. It's better than a 98...X-Box fans can go play Halo, their only game, and be jealous of this incredible game.
  38. RicardoA.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This game is the best ever!!!
  39. FrankJ.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I love it. it gives me great pleasure in blowing off a hookers head, and even recreating the beloved texas chainsaw massacre on cops. meow. 10 out of 10. game over.
  40. WayneH.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is the best car and action game ever.Truly amazing. Anyone who hasnt got it GET IT!
  41. JussiK.
    Dec 9, 2004
    GTA: San Andreas totally rules!
  42. GraemeL.
    Oct 30, 2004
    This game is the best. it has every game in 1 nearly and it is the best game out.
  43. FredH.
    Oct 30, 2004
    For those of you that are saying this game is not great because it is the same kind of game as it's predecessors, listen up: All sequels are the same kind of game as it's predecessors! What else do you want in it? Pokemon and Aliens?!
  44. DjA.
    Oct 30, 2004
    What with people who don't like this game I oculdn't ask for anything more. At first I was disappoited until got farther in the game then I realized all the sh.t this game has...it's awesome.
  45. BannaHammic
    Oct 5, 2004
    Its gon be PIMPI'n FO shizzle my dizzo'e fo shiz.
  46. PatrickMead
    Jul 10, 2004
    How can you not give it anything but a 10 all the other GTA's have been everything that I excpected them to be but this one I think will be the mother of all GTA's. I think every fan will be blown away and stuned by what you can do in this game it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to play it. It will be the best GTA ever made by rockstar and I hope there will be moreHow can you not give it anything but a 10 all the other GTA's have been everything that I excpected them to be but this one I think will be the mother of all GTA's. I think every fan will be blown away and stuned by what you can do in this game it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to play it. It will be the best GTA ever made by rockstar and I hope there will be more to come in the future guy's keep up the awsome work peace. Expand
  47. Rob-O
    Jan 13, 2005
    Danny D.... a step backwards? How can you say that? As much as I love VC and 3, this is a huge improvement. If anything it's a bit too ambitious for the little ol' ps2.
  48. DanD.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhancedI gotta agree with Jason S on this one, it is very near to the sims that would be a bad thing. the game can easily consume 100+ hours of gameplay and the storyline is jus so original its mindblowing. loved 3 and VC but this game has raised the bar for all game developers and nothing (part fom possibly need for speed underground 2) can compare. every detail of the game has been enhanced greatly right down to the AI of the pedestrians . BEST game EVER! Expand
  49. MarcusBagdog
    Jan 31, 2005
    Stop dissing the Xbox owners, the majority of us aren't PS2 haters. I love the GTA series (and my PS2, Xbox and GC), and this third installment was amazing. The only downside is that it didn't amaze me the way that GTA3 did, but it was still a terrific game.
  50. MatS.
    Jan 31, 2005
    Nothing can beat this free roaming game. including the plot twists and the visuals this game kicks ass.
  51. KoriR.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Best game ever.
  52. CodyG.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This game is the BEST game in the whole world!!
  53. BenjaminDanielW.
    Jan 3, 2005
    The game is apsolutly wonderful! I like the compability very much! The graphic is for a pure 10, while the sound is 9. But the gameplay is superb (10), so I gave it 10!
  54. LeeC.
    Jan 6, 2005
    Best GTA ever period.
  55. PaulS.
    Feb 17, 2005
    Top banana.
  56. RickN.
    Feb 1, 2005
    San Andreas does have its faults - targeting enemies, bland graphics, some rough animation etc. why do I still give it a 10 then? Because the sheer size and things to do in the game outweigh any flaw this game has, its huge, and due to this it is a game you could easily play for days and days on end. Be prepared to book a lot of time off work and say goodbye to your friends for a while.
  57. BobB.
    Feb 4, 2005
    One of the best games i have played. I think that it is the best of the grand theft auto series.
  58. TaylorC.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is by far the greatest game ever made. If you don't have a copy, I ORDER you to get one. Now!
  59. Kei
    Mar 25, 2005
    One word: Perfect.
  60. JohnG.
    May 4, 2005
    All I can say is WOW.
  61. DannyN.
    Jun 4, 2006
    This is the absolute best game ever. Unless in some distant country or some planet in the far reaches of space has hidden a game so great that it induces spasms and eye-rupturing visuals, this is the best game. The graphics are behind their time, but I do not even notice that it lacks in anything as I fly through the air with a fighter jet shooting missiles wherever I please. I often walk This is the absolute best game ever. Unless in some distant country or some planet in the far reaches of space has hidden a game so great that it induces spasms and eye-rupturing visuals, this is the best game. The graphics are behind their time, but I do not even notice that it lacks in anything as I fly through the air with a fighter jet shooting missiles wherever I please. I often walk on foot just to get a feel for the scale of this enormous, mystical journey. It has been over a year since I have beat the game's missions, and I still play it because after all the amazing missions, the game really begins. With so many unlockable things and never-before-seen wonders such as the ancient mountain, skyscraping cities, and landscapes on a scale so immense, I want to cry. Needless to say, this is my favorite game and I look forward to the day when a better game causes my head to burst in chunks of joy. Expand
  62. MikeG.
    Jul 29, 2006
    one of the greatest games ever. too bad people overplayed III and VC, III got the best score ever for ps2 games, and this has 10xs more content and better controls. if you don't like this game it might be time for you to sell your ps2, buy a gamecube and suck on mario's kiddie themes
  63. JohnG
    Oct 1, 2007
    This game was sweet. Everything has been improved. It is a pretty sweet deal when you can wander around the entire landscape without loading. There are hundreds of things you can do which leads to endless hours of fun and chaos. Add in the codes and the fun keeps on going. Long Live GTA!!!
  64. Kewkat
    Jan 25, 2007
    Remember to drive safely without hitting any cop car, and just in case the clerks don't see "eye to eye" have a plan to visit the pay and spray after your job is done. This should keep those pesky stars off your back while you rob the store of every San Andreas they have, and take them home so you'll be the owner of MANY greatest games of all time.
  65. DeondreJ.
    Mar 21, 2007
    It's fun. Has better cars, better weapons and characters look better. You get to do more in here than Vice City.
  66. DereckD.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Played and replayed and played again. PC mods make this infinitely re playable.
  67. JoshS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    This is the best gta game since GTA III I agree with Mark m in stating that anyone who says this game sucks needs to stop playing action rpg this game is awsome.
  68. MichaelP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kickass game to cool makes it feel like your actuallythere killing, robbing, and working for the mafia.
  69. TimS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    The best video game ever produced! Period.
  70. Flydude
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is the most g'd up game ever dawg its of the hizzle fo shizzle.
  71. FilipeS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is the best game of all my life!
  72. MichaelV.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Man to all your losers complaining about the game i think this is the best GTA game that has come out yet. It deserves a ten but the only downside to this game is that its soooo big. oh yea!
  73. JigganisZig
    Oct 10, 2004
    I too think this game will be perfect, but i also think that there's a slight off-chance that with all the new changes that it could be different enough to make it not-so-good. Here is to hoping. i wish i could get it the day it comes... but im 12. cant buy GTA.
  74. MarkM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually Anyone who rates this game lower than a 9 either: a.) has not played the other games in the series; b.) has not played this one enough to see the HUGE differences R* has added; c.) is an Xbox homer who has no business rating this game to begin with; and/or d.) is a blithering idiot. There have been numerous changes to this game -- instead of just doing mission after mission, you actually have to earn your skills ... there are a TON of odd jobs and mini games ... and the city is so huge as to be ridiculous. Those that think it's the same old, same old, have to be clueless -- it's not anywhere close to GTA3 or VC in terms of gameplay. All in all, perhaps the defining moment of the PS2, just as Halo2 will be for the Xbox. Expand
  75. MilesN.
    Nov 20, 2004
    What is wrong with you people???? An 8.6 overall??? this is the best consloe game to eer hit store shelves!
  76. DaveW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Best of the series. fresh game.
  77. KenL.
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is the best gta game ever there is so much freedom and i know that this game deserves higher then an 8.6 average.
  78. MikeToreno
    Nov 22, 2004
    This is by far the best video game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree with me can go... "Best video game ever!"
  79. Bobness
    Oct 12, 2004
    B-E-A-UTIFUL!
  80. Rinazzle
    Nov 2, 2004
    Words hardly do justice to just how good this game is. The sheer playability blows the pants over literally any other form of digital entertainment. Period.
  81. JasonF.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I almost lost my job because of this game. it is the best ps2 game i have ever played.
  82. KyleW.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This one blows the other two grand theft autos away. The size of the game and the multiple range of vehicles is unbeleivable. It takes every aspect of everyday life and makes you control CJ's lfe and how he looks and dresses.
  83. KaiserSoze
    Nov 2, 2004
    I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics I'm one of those people who this game evidently won't appeal to because I'm 35. Hello? We were the first generation to grow up on videogames and a prime demographic. My friends and I have killed about 50,000 people on GTA3 and VC. Those who rate the game lower than an 8 haven't played it, haven't played it long enough or are X-Box fetishists. The graphics aren't perfect, but there are limits to the PS2 and the gameplay more than makes up for it. The size and seamlessness is better than any other game on PS2. I still have no idea how they did away with any load times. The missions are outstanding and the game gets much more fun as you progress. You'll be amazed at how much detail has been given to everything, including the countryside, casinos, OTB, working out, getting tattoos and haircuts, controlling your gang, car customization, mission design, etc. There's almost nothing you can't do. The game is just massive. It takes a LONG time to get from one city to another unless you have a plane. Stop yer whining and go buy the thing, even if you have to grow some balls and buy a PS2. They're cheap now. Expand
  84. ChadJB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    I have seen the face of God and it is San Andreas.
  85. KatieN.
    Fantastic.
  86. ChrisA.K.A.SmokeyFattahi
    Nov 4, 2004
    This game iz tha best one yet...... It iz cuz it dont bleeep out tha cuss wordz like Vice City.. It got hood people nood little rich crakerz.. And u ride bikes got tha finest muzic frum Dre to Snoop.. And Having two player girl friend action iz da stuff.
  87. SteveL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Amazing.... just amazing, the size of the game blows my mind, the missions are fun, and the things to do are endless.
  88. JuliusD.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each Victor G. - Could we make Tommy Verscetti black? And are white and black the only 2 ethnicities out there? You need to get schooled, son -- and not in Alabama. The game is a bigger and badder evolution of the tried-and-true digital playground that R* has been providing us with since GTAIII. Saying any more would be useless since the professional reviews can't help but mimic each other in their praise for this title (as well as its flaws.) Expand
  89. JuliusP.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever and I can't wait to the next game comes out. I know that it will probably come out when the ps3 is release.
  90. SteveA.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you Absolutely fantastic! I would have had no idea that I would be comparing this to Fable, but I am, this is so much better. Vice City looks terrible compared to this. The place is incredibly huge! You could literally take up to two hours going from one point to another, man. The graphics are still very Grand Theft Auto, however. A huge improvement over all of them, but the sheer reason you should buy it is because of the size. I love this game and if you have about 80 HOURS to kill, this should definitely be at the top of your list. Expand
  91. ChrisS.
    Nov 5, 2004
    A brilliant game 10/10, almost completed.
  92. LinoG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Do not be fooled by imitators, or detered by "authority" figures who want to rid the gaming industry of every single disc, cartridge or otherwise that bares the Grand Theft Auto name. This is, without and doubt, reservation, or hesitation, the greatest game the PS2 has ever seen. Unlimited replay value, countless gameplay types, and custimization galore. If you have a PS2, get this game.
  93. Bigmacwithfries
    Nov 7, 2004
    You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, You can go to the gym, watch the phisical appearance of you character improve with exercise, go shopping 4 clothes and gear, have sex, go to get somthing to eat, have a girlfriend, swim, Get tattoed, Absolute freedom in the GTA universe is priceless. You can wander the city for hours without playing a single game mission, and still nave tons of fun finding lots of things 2 do, gettin' into trouble, shooting gangs, i mean, This game is life itself, Best game ever. Period Expand
  94. Ertert
    Nov 9, 2004
    I havent actually bought the game yet, its sold out everywhere!!!! do many girls play this game?? i absolutely love it but i know no other girls that do.
  95. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Better than the other GTA's and any other crime game.
  96. JoshM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game is the best yet!
  97. BlueFalcon
    Dec 10, 2004
    There's been a lot of great games to come out lately. But I think this one is the best of them all. No other game can match it's freedom of gameplay.
  98. RaoulC.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
  99. PhilH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This game is f...ing sick the best one yet.
  100. RichH.
    Dec 21, 2004
    If you don't have this game then let me give you a hint. BUY IT!!! The map is wicked, the missions are awesome and the special effects are sick.

1. The amount of things to do in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas is absolutely staggering... In my opinion there’s no excuse to not have a “save anywhere” feature included.
    San Andreas's chief advantage over "Vice City" is size. And for many players, that's good enough. But another group of fans will come to quietly understand that, at least for the time being, "Vice City" remains the high point of the GTA series.
    There's so much to do in this game that it's outside of my range of imagination to be able to picture me reaching a 100% complete. Unfathomable.