8.7

1. Jun 12, 2013
    Tommy Vercetti, having just been released from a long stint in jail, is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. Unfortunately during his first drug buy he is set up and is left with no money or merchandise. With Sonny demanding his money back and everyone else seemingly wanting him dead Tommy realises his only chance is to take over Vice City himself.

Grand Theft Auto III may

Grand Theft Auto III may have been the first to take the open world game into 3D but it was Vice City that really took it to its limit. The city itself, based on Miami is, is more vibrant and interesting than any other in the GTA series allowing for hugely diverse missions involving motorbikes, boats, helicopters and even planes. Unlike the most recent outing entertainment, rather than realism, seems to have been the main concern when devising these missions. As the game progresses your impact on the city can really be felt leading to a fantastic finale set within your mansion (think Scarface!).

A quick mention also for the 1980's soundtrack that has yet to be matched. It features a mix of hilarious talk and music stations featuring the likes of Michael Jackson, Roxy Music and Kate Bush and really adds to the sense that you inhabit a living, breathing world.

This is the Playstation 2's best game without doubt.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think GTA 3 is better, but this is still a great game. The missions are varied, the graphics are beautiful for 2002, and its overall fun to play.
  3. Jan 6, 2011
    as grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots moreas grand theft auto games go this is my favorite of the series . the best story in the series and you have Ray liotta the man who played henry hill in good fellas the greatest mob movie ever doing the main charicter in this game as tommy gives this game a big hit of personality. the game has a great sound track of 80s music which really helps set the 80s mood of the game. lots more vehicles have been added and now you can finnaly fly some real plains and helicopters. a huge increase to the gun selection . the missions are alot of fun . the AI is still pretty iffy and the game is abit buggy and glitchy. the game is also pretty hard . i manage to beat the first GTA3 with out codes but i couldnt beat this one even with codes . still its a fun game and i spent alot of time sandboxing this . Expand
  4. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere. One of the best games on ps2. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  5. Oct 3, 2010
    Not as good as GTA III but the whole atmosphere and feel of the era in this game is done superbly and overall this was a fun game, just not as revolutionary as it's predecessor.
  6. Jul 23, 2012
    When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything,When this game came out there was no such thing as flying a helicopter over a sprawling city in any other video game. There was no such thing as a rich and funny storyline stretched over a diverse and exciting city. Today, you may have seen better, but Vice City truly openend up for a bigger kind of gaming back then. I was very sceptic that a new "spin" on GTA III could be worth anything, but it blew everyone away. The soundtrack was also sold seperately in a boxed set. It represented the coolest music of the era in all genres. I agree with the many who place Vice City high in the GTA series. Expand
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    in the time this game was released he was the game of all your life,it was the third gta with better graphics and with a lot of famous people dubbing the characters.
  8. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in theWelcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s. Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself. Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air? Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    I love the 80s and I love Grand Theft Auto. I cum in my pants when I play this. It's that good. Great soundtrack, great story, great graphics for its time and great gameplay. **** you if you didn't like it when it came out
  10. Dec 16, 2012
    Very good game! One of the best free roaming games ever made. Very good plot, gameplay and graphics. Superb sound and music. Super-recommended, if you like its genre.
  11. Sep 29, 2013
    Todos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado esTodos... De nuevo, TODOS deben haber jugado este juego de tan legendario que es, el primer capítulo de una de las franquicias más poderosas en la historia de los videojuegos: "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" se ha convertido, para mí en uno de los mejores títulos de la PlayStation 2. Un juego histórico que merece ser alabado por todos hoy, mañana y en generaciones futuras, pues su legado es impresionante, que más se puede decir de este título, sin dudas lo tiene todo. Impresionante labor de Rockstar. Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    I'm not going to have Vice City for it's graphics, or it's story, no, I'm going to hate Vice City for it's underwhelming, dull and uninspired gameplay. The missions are dull, and sometimes don't work properly. The inability to hold weapons after being arrested is beyond stupid, the motion blur genuinely hurt my eyes, the characters are underdeveloped and unlikeable as a result, and theI'm not going to have Vice City for it's graphics, or it's story, no, I'm going to hate Vice City for it's underwhelming, dull and uninspired gameplay. The missions are dull, and sometimes don't work properly. The inability to hold weapons after being arrested is beyond stupid, the motion blur genuinely hurt my eyes, the characters are underdeveloped and unlikeable as a result, and the fast responses of the cops, with the stupid 'arrest' mechanic ruined the sandbox experience I would expect. A very poor game that I would not recommend. Expand
  13. Aug 15, 2012
    an awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me withan awesome game indeed! i love the gameplay and the radio stations, especially K-Chat! that one had me gut laughing most of the time, anyways i don't like the cops in this game and they are very annoying, for instance, two people are having a brawl and the cop just passes by like nothing is happening, then when i want to beat them up too, the officer turns around and starts beating me with his stick! :( Expand
  14. Sep 20, 2013
    I cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City isI cant imagine that its been 10 years since this came out. GTA VICE CITY is a prequel to GTA III and it came out a year after III. There are a few minor improvements in VC than in III but that doesn't change the fact that VC is a masterpiece. The game is a throwback to movies like SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY, and the TV show MIAMI VICE because Vice City is based off Miami, like Liberty City is based off New York. GTA VICE CITY remains one of my fave games off all time. 10/10 Expand
  15. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the storyThis game is really fun and made me fall in love with sandbox game. GTA Vice City is different form the games before it. Vice City was bright and was heavily based on Scarface the movie. The 80's music makes me enjoy the game that much more, the graphics don't hold up. That's not really the games fault because of where gaming was at the time but it some times takes away from the story because a character looks like garbage. The game besides how it looks its really fun. The games map is really big, there are a lot of side stuff that will entertain you and will help you get everything. There will never be a moment of boredom as long as you are doing a quest. There are many things that I can say but I will let those who haven't played it have there own experience with this video game classic. Expand
  16. Nov 25, 2011
    Missions, side missions, races, police chases, taxi missions, vigilante missions, firetruck missions, ambulance missions, pizza boy missions, rampages, hidden packages, unique jumps, safehouses, shops, exploration, and, of course, whatever the heck you want!! Pretty much the best video game in the market. The end.
  17. Jan 1, 2014
    Vice City is a huge improvement over GTA 3 in terms of the open world, characters, vehicles and just about everything else. A real videogame triumph not to be missed.
  18. Sep 22, 2011
    Well, according to what I know, players that were completely "Viced" on Grand Theft Auto 3 fell in love with some new options available on Vice City such as riding a bike for the very first time, new weapons, new environment and lots of new minigames and side missions.
  19. Jun 19, 2013
    Game is amazing. Great story line, great characters, great all around. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because the controls are sometimes suspect. But this is a fun, fun game. If you haven't played it yet, get it on iOS or PSN.
  20. Oct 11, 2012
    If I'm going to finish Vice City, I'm going to need some painkillers. The only complement I have to give to this game is for the music. Worst combat I've ever tried in a video game, honestly. In addition it consists of terrible camera angles, if there's a guy next to you, you have to start looking around in first person like a moron, because the aim-assist doesn't work from where theIf I'm going to finish Vice City, I'm going to need some painkillers. The only complement I have to give to this game is for the music. Worst combat I've ever tried in a video game, honestly. In addition it consists of terrible camera angles, if there's a guy next to you, you have to start looking around in first person like a moron, because the aim-assist doesn't work from where the camera is placed at any given time. What does it depend on then you ask? The direction the character is facing, which is ridiculous. Which brings me to my next complaint. Why did they bind the aiming to the left analog stick with the rifles, making only the aim-assist weapons like the shotgun bearable, was it their goal to make the controllers dramatically different in comparison to every other game in the world to make it a challenge for all the wrong reasons? I can handle a challenge, but not because of bad controls, that's completely the wrong way to go about it. And the pacing isn't very good either, games should be about applying what you've learned so far as you gradually become better, which is not present here, it's all about successfully bypassing the randomness that is the city. Graphics were superior in GTA 3. the missions feel like doing chores, and honestly I couldn't care less about the story - seems to me some wannabe gangster story for teenagers. You will also find your imminent death right around the corner just because your car happens to flip over, or a cop comes around the corner. Speaking of cops, they are the most aggressive police force in history, if you get stuck with your car you can bet your ass they are going to drive into it in full speed, resulting in it flipping upside down starting to burn immediately, or you can even try running in an attempt to seek for a new car only to find that the only cars are police ones. Unless of course you happen to be close to a Paint Garage where they are watching you from the outside, showing how little emphasis has been put on realism. I recently played Mass Effect 1 which is known to have an inferior combat system to the sequel, but it is nothing compared to this. I can't go past 2 missions without wanting to throw the controller at my brand new TV. Even when I get a Mission Accomplished screen I don't feel like I've accomplished **** and it just so happened that during that particular attempt I didn't have a car hit me from the side when passing an intersection, or that for once the camera angle happened to be pointing at enemies and potential roadblocks. I'd like to meet this fella who came up with the idea to bind the right analog stick to first person scenery, what on earth was he thinking. Trying to go into a alleyway with this camera system is suicide, because you can't see what you're shooting at. I'm 27% into the story and this game is already giving me more headaches than playing through God of War, which is a harder game, but at least when you die you are able to blame yourself - it is not an experience comparable to the coincidental deaths in Vice City. The map is godawful and doesn't show what direction you're heading, which makes me realise this is an old game that hasn't aged very well. If you **** up a mission, most of your time will be spent afterwards doing the exact same thing over and over until you reach the last part of the mission again. It's a waste of time, just let me restart where the challenge starts, it's not a challenge driving to the mission so why would I want to do it all over again? The taxi waiting outside is intended to take care of this problem, but you still have to enter the mission, and then drive to wherever you have to go, leading to myself wasting enormous amounts of spare time. I'm currently stuck on a mission because I didn't run back and save after every successful mission, leading to my character losing his weapons every now and then, and me having to repurchase them. Now I can't afford the properties to move on past mission V, which the game made no effort to inform me of, and I'm left with options like having to drive around in cab to collect hundreds of thousand dollars, which unfortunately is something I'm not willing to do on my spare time. Rockstar's concepts with this game was something along the lines of: Here's a timer for 15 minutes, I see you happened to get the first 14 minutes right and you are now driving over a bridge, we programmed this sequence so that the driver in the opposite lane will now switch lanes so that your car flips through the air and into the water - leading you to die a slow and painful death. We made this decision because lacking remorse, and feel that you should have to play all our missions at least twice, just to make the game appear longer and more "hardcore". Expand
  21. Aug 12, 2010
    One the greatest games ever made for the PS2, and no doubt my favorite Grand Theft Auto game ever made. It is a must by for anyone who likes free-roaming type games with a good Scarface type story-line and lots of weapons and cars.
  22. Dec 14, 2011
    For me this was superior to GTA3 in every single way. Just like in GTA3 most of the time i was just cruising, listen to music. I loved the ending "boss" reminiscent of scar face. This game IS a must buy.
  23. Jul 20, 2012
    As many people said before "I grew up with this game" so did I. It was amazing how cars got on fire and people head exploded when shot with sniper. "OMG" and boats... oh goood awsome. Was a best game many years ago but for today you cant compare this game with GTA IV ect. So 10/10! Second good GTA after GTA:LONDON :)
  24. Dec 16, 2010
    Compared to GTA III, Vice City SUCKS BALLS!Don't get me wrong is not very bad, but the controls is sometimes awkward, but the action blazes.............again..............Not much to say.......Not bad, but not enough......................
  25. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is my favorite GTA III Era game. It has style, story and big pack of action. I grew on this game (along with GTA3 and GTA San Andreas). One of the best games EVER.
  26. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    One of the coolest games ever made. The nostalgia is overwhelming and the gameplay is fantastic! This is hands down the best GTA game to play without cheats(If you want to play with cheats, I recommend GTA: San Andreas).
  27. May 20, 2014
    Gta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing itGta III revolution to 3d open world open the door for more real life based games, Vice City improves it's story to the max of it's potential and create realism to the game. The free roaming improves with more detailed graphics than it's predecessor and with a touch of comedy into it. The are decent, bad and awesome at times; great acting from is vivid characters and fun playing it despite that doesn't climb nor swim. This is the best GTA game I ever played 9 out of 10. Expand
  28. Jun 12, 2011
    Game play needed polishing. Difficulty spikes untimely in the plot. I like the setting and time period much more than III, and it was one of the funnest games around when it was first released.
  29. Apr 5, 2012
    while not as good as 3 this game is still a true marvel awesome shooting outrages fun with missions. driving is same as ever but still fun. The character kodels are impressive too still a 10
  30. Nov 29, 2014
    "I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels sh*t in my face".

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game! I had a tremendous amount of fun with this game, from getting laid by a prostitute then beating her to death with my baseball bat just to get my money back! Oh, and extra health! It's a win-win situation! Tommy

Ahhh, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what a pleasure it was to play this game!

Tommy Vercetti, the guy who can survive multiple gun shots and explosions but can't swim... 11/10!

The soundtrack to this game is amazing! In my honest opinion it's by far one of the best soundtrack that the Grand Theft Auto series has to offer! It even beats GTA V soundtrack (IMHO).

It was a challenging game, especially the RC Helicopter mission where you have to blow up the building on the construction site, that mission was infuriating! To this day I still have problems completing it first time round!

I was so excited to find out you could purchase the "Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory", my first thoughts were, selling ice creams to the people of Vice City would be pretty awesome, that was until I found out it was Coke I was actually selling.

The game is also full of funny innuendo's, whether you hearing them on the radio, "I just luuuurve the batter all over my face". VCPR (The radio station) is also very funny!

For a Playstation 2 game, there was a lot you cold do! There's a reason these games have an 18 rating!

A MUST HAVE game for you collection.
  31. Dec 22, 2010
    I think this game kinda sucks. A lot. The graphics suck too, bad. You can't even see they're emotions. Lamest game on the PS2. Don't buy it. Please just don't buy it.
  32. Feb 1, 2013
    Dude, IDGAF what anybody says, Vice City is easily the best Grand Theft Auto game out there. It's just made of complete and total awesome. Throw in the wicked 80's soundtrack and it can't be beat.
  33. Apr 3, 2013
    This is one of the best sandbox games ever made. Huge step from GTA III. Looking back and comparing San Andreas and Vice City, Vice City could have used some edge in storyline sometimes. Asset missions interrupts the main story line for a while.
    Cruising in Vice City is allthough one of the best experiences I´ve had while gaming.
  34. May 22, 2012
    With great story, great radio stations (including the commercials), great vehicles, all around great sense of style, hilarious characters and great gameplay... this is by far one of the top 5 to have on PS2.
  35. Jul 28, 2012
    i had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I'vei had the ps2 for my entire childhood and this was one of the only games i'd play since i was 6 to the age i am now this game is always my fav its just pure game the cheats are hilarious (i.e flying cars) the graphics are amazing (B***H who the hell cares about graphics) the story was legendary and i craved for more after i was done and the time you can play this for Jesus i think I've clocked in over 500+ hours of just free roam into that game and over 50+ into the campaign may the next GTA be just like this one Expand
  36. Aug 11, 2013
    The hands down GTA champ of the PS2/Xbox era. Its a giant leap forward from GTA III and much more consistent than GTA SA. There's so much to do and the setting is perfect. 10/10
  37. Jan 7, 2013
    Gta Vice city is yet another master piece from the greatest gaming franchise of all... Rockstar Games. This game is simply amazing with great visuals, a Stella cast of voice actors and immersive storyline this is my personnel favourite GTA. An utter Classic thanks Rockstar.
  38. Jun 20, 2013
    Vice City is pretty much a classic for the PS2. You could say that it's not as revolutionary as GTA III but in terms of gameplay and missions it's unparalleled. This game deserves all the recognition it get's because it's one of the greatest ever.
  39. MicahC.
    Totally SICK!
  40. Idi
    Apr 8, 2003
    I spend really beautifull christmas with this game. =] And it is not said that you must kill everybody on your way. ;P
  41. RJBlake
    Sep 7, 2003
    this game is good but it feezes if it did not freeze it would be awsome rockstar has to work on that for a better gta.
  42. J.Palm
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is the best game ever made. Even better then GTA3. Not only is does this game have over 60 hours of game play while trying to beat the game it also has 50 hour of just messing with the game. Lastly There are major improvements from GTA3 including interiors. Man this game is good.
  43. EXXX
    Nov 9, 2002
    Anyone who gives this game a bad score has either not played it, or knows nothing about videogames. It is pure gaming bliss and there's an endless amount of things you can do in it. The main character, Tommy Vercetti, is absolutley hilarious, and he's a badass who knows how to handle his guns and cars as well. The gameplay is probably the best gameplay you are going to find in Anyone who gives this game a bad score has either not played it, or knows nothing about videogames. It is pure gaming bliss and there's an endless amount of things you can do in it. The main character, Tommy Vercetti, is absolutley hilarious, and he's a badass who knows how to handle his guns and cars as well. The gameplay is probably the best gameplay you are going to find in any game on any system. This game is simply brilliant. Everyone already knows its great, so just go out and buy it now. Dont listen to morons giving it 1s and 0s just because they are pissed Vice City is a PS2 exclusive. Expand
  44. GabrielL.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Its the most fun I had on the PS2. Graphix not perfect, but the game is. :)
  45. VilleJ.
    Feb 10, 2003
    This is my life but moral way this game is dangerous to children brains.
  46. GregT.
    Jun 15, 2003
    This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking This game is a superbly twisted, and wonderfully sick example of the next generation of games to come. GTA-VC Let's you interact,Go anywhere,and Do anything you could possibly imagine. P.S. Need's some improvements on Graphics; like distance, Fire, Wheels, That red sunglare is totaly useless. lightning "Bolts" would be nice. Even better if the bolts hit stuff, I'm looking foward to GTA-LA, or GTA-Hawii Expand
  47. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Motorcycles and lots more sports car is cool, but the story is not as good as gtaIII. Like them both the same.
  48. SWEETGAME
    Mar 10, 2007
    Everyone who said that vice city was lame can go suck an Xbox. This was the greatest GTA game, even better than VCS, and is so vivid. the only downsides are no multiplayer and you need your parents to purchase it with you. crap. But still a fricken good game. The second best series ever on ps2, right after SOCOM us navy seals series.
  49. MatthewCool
    Aug 5, 2009
    it is very good id play it over and over again better than gta3 much like scarface (the shootouts) miami vice(cops in sports cars) and other stuff like great 80s music and the mission might get very annoying but the game is makes it fun nonetheless
  50. VirtualOn
    Nov 22, 2002
    Vice City is the most cohesive and convincing game environment ever conceived. GTA:VC is so lovingly crafted, from the inspired celebrity voice acting to the embarrasingly complete soundtrack, that Rockstar North should be very proud of they're newest baby.
  51. SianH.
    Nov 6, 2002
    This game is the best. It's a lot better than gta 3.
  52. BrandonB.
    Nov 7, 2002
    I give this game a 10, but like CHris H. said, it does need to be harder. But other than that, this is a bad game!!!
  53. ChrisO.
    Dec 15, 2002
    Other game makers need to learn from this game. this should be the steping stone to a hole new way we play games. Can't wait to see if they can get better.
  54. MartinA.
    Dec 27, 2002
    You suck Kevin B! This game rocks.
  55. TommyV.
    Oct 30, 2002
    I just played this game at my cousins house for about 3 hours. I would give it a ten just because they added motorcycles! It's almost funny when you hit something on one, almost. It has many great aspects I have not seen to the full yet. You can buy buildings?! I do not exactly know what the point of that is yet. One thing I cannot understand, why can't the main character swim?! I just played this game at my cousins house for about 3 hours. I would give it a ten just because they added motorcycles! It's almost funny when you hit something on one, almost. It has many great aspects I have not seen to the full yet. You can buy buildings?! I do not exactly know what the point of that is yet. One thing I cannot understand, why can't the main character swim?! It would not take much coding or animation at all, and makes the game more realistic. Anyone who does not give this movie a ten is smokin crack! Please E-mail me at toolband515@yahoo.com if you know of any unique or special motorcycles! Expand
  56. EricS.
    Oct 30, 2002
    This game has broken new ground in open-ended gameplay, in a series that had already broken a ton of it. If you haven't gone out and purchased this yet (assuming you can find a copy!), I have no idea what you're waiting for.
  57. K.L.
    Jan 13, 2003
    This is a sweet game, and very fun.
  58. DamianM.
    Jan 15, 2003
    The game was really good 10 times better than GTA 3. You can bail out now, and you can buy more hide-outs, it has motorcycles. But There is one BIG PROBLEM YOU CANT SWIM IN THIS GAME.
  59. Alon
    Jan 3, 2003
    This game is so freaking awesome! Flying helicopters is so awesome along with the ability to own buildings and businesses.
  60. The8thDragon
    Jan 9, 2003
    The most grousome game that's been created---Brilliant.
  61. SteveH.
    Jan 9, 2003
    This game is okay but i hate the frickin pastel colors everything in the 80's wasnt pastel for christ sake and for the love of god why didn't you make on the same basis as GTA3 come on.
  62. C.Smith
    Feb 23, 2003
    Exactly the same game as GTA3...just pink. If you played GTA3, you will beat this game in 1-2 days. Driving around doing nothing is boooooring afteryou have already done that in GTA3!
  63. Floop
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game is THE BOMB!!!!POP!
  64. MattK.
    Mar 8, 2003
    This is the best game ever.
  65. RyanF.
    Apr 8, 2003
    If i could pick 1 game in the whole intire world it is this 1.
  66. JonathanF.
    May 3, 2003
    Okay, i would really give this game a 7.5 but i cant. i think the thing that really lets this game down is the colour. rockstar tried to make it better than gta3 but it's way too bright and colourful. the good thing is when you read the game booklet you feel like you're on holiday! sorry i couldn't give this a 9 or a 10 but it just isn't as good as gta3.
  67. Rossjudge
    Jul 10, 2003
    It is very good to play.
  68. ShayneA.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Its the best especially with the smart ass comments and the pootang involved in the film studios.
  69. JennC.
    Aug 5, 2003
    This game isn't the best of GTA games. I believe that GTA 3 was the absolute best. The graphics, colors, and story lines in this game need a little more work.
  70. JAKEL.
    Mar 20, 2004
    A good game ... but not as good as III in terms of storyline.
  71. khgui9g
    May 1, 2004
    ITS COOL AS SH.T.
  72. G.H.
    Jun 30, 2004
    It is simply yhe best game ever played. it is way better than gta 3.
  73. JohnG.
    May 4, 2005
    A must have for any gamer.
  74. Mobius
    Oct 17, 2006
    Vice City's best asspect has got to be its music and the introduction to vehicles that fly, being able to fly over Vice city just add another level to the game, you can now pick this game up in the bargain bins for less than a price of a PS2 magazine (I got mine for £3.99), for £30 if you shop around you can get Liberty Citys Story's, Vice City and San andreas, this Vice City's best asspect has got to be its music and the introduction to vehicles that fly, being able to fly over Vice city just add another level to the game, you can now pick this game up in the bargain bins for less than a price of a PS2 magazine (I got mine for £3.99), for £30 if you shop around you can get Liberty Citys Story's, Vice City and San andreas, this is the best time to own a PS2 as the games for them are now dirt cheap which makes all these game worth that bit more. Expand
  75. ApocalypseB.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck Vice City is a superb game, no doubt! The Scarface theme and the era is as golden as the storyline and the comical radio broadcasts. But the area, lack of decent stunt chances and things to do within it are limited compared to San Andreas, thus making the latter a much better game. But VC has better graphics than SA and for me, is still a fanastic game to play for an hour if you get stuck on SA. Now for Bully! Expand
  76. BrianD.
    Jan 4, 2006
    I dont even give it a point for violence this time. The controls STILL suck and the graphics are horrible. it suffers the same problems of the first game. The only reason this game sells is for the shock value that really isnt that shocking.
  77. Antonio
    Apr 29, 2006
    Vice city I think is better then san adreas beacuse after you complet it hardly nothink to do and vice city feels like your in a real world which san adrears feels like a small area but vice city havnt got that good graphics as san andreas if it did it will be worth buying.
  78. HenrikS.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Great game, fun and addictive.
  79. ClintT.
    Jan 20, 2008
    This is a brilliant, humorous satire in much the same vein as other GTA games. It owes a lot to films such as Scarface (similar plot and a couple of the shootouts in Vice City are similar to the final hurrah of Tony Montana as well as countless other references) and Carlito
  80. JamesD.
    Jan 28, 2010
    The most beautiful GTA game I've ever played. When I first saw the original trailer with Kool & the Gang's hit track Summer Madness, I thought this game was absolutely gorgeous. The experience is thoroughly entertaining and whilst it retains most of the textures and animations of GTA III but it is a much grander experience overall.
  81. ssseeeeeee
    Jan 3, 2010
    Amazing game! Best PS2 game for sure! Wish they would make some kind of a remake from this, or new game from the same setting.
  82. *Chris**Faz*
    Nov 11, 2002
    It has greatly improved since GTA 3 and has much better gameplay. Overall it's Fantastic.
  83. TimoK.
    Nov 11, 2002
    The best game ever!!!!!
  84. MatthieuR.
    Nov 10, 2002
    Splendid improvement over the already fabulous GTA3. The only gripes I have are the clumsy control when on foot, some crappy camera angles, and a few annoyingly frustrating RC missions (bomb the Cubans anyone?).
  85. JasonA.
    Nov 10, 2002
    Awesome.
  86. JeffR.
    Nov 18, 2002
    The depth and reality of this game is truly unparalled, but that realism comes at a price, unfortunately. the game is quite buggy, from draw distance glitches to ridiculous fall damage issues (trip over a curb? that'll cost you 10 health - plummet 14 stories, and it'll be 30), the sudden dissappearing of vehicles that were just there a second ago, and other miscellaneous bugsThe depth and reality of this game is truly unparalled, but that realism comes at a price, unfortunately. the game is quite buggy, from draw distance glitches to ridiculous fall damage issues (trip over a curb? that'll cost you 10 health - plummet 14 stories, and it'll be 30), the sudden dissappearing of vehicles that were just there a second ago, and other miscellaneous bugs keep this game from really being the best of the year, but regardless, there is so much fun to be had. vice city teems with life and oozes style, and the excellent sense of humor carries on through every hour you play. the radio in and of itself is sheer brilliance, and the missions, although some are quite difficult, are extremely imaginative and fun. it may not be the second coming of jesus that everyone thought it would be, but its an excellent game that deserves your $50. Collapse
  87. ryanb
    Nov 20, 2002
    I have one thing to say... Pure Genius!!!! That douchebag that gave it a 5 and loves Metroid prime has a small penis. There is no other explantion. I hate him. I wish he was walking and a large puertorican rapes hmi the ass on his way home. This is the best game ever. No doubt. except halo, and nothing. Once again i hate him.
  88. HeatherP.
    Nov 3, 2002
    This is the best game I evered played in my hole life this is the best thank you for making it!!
  89. MattR.
    Nov 3, 2002
    There goes all my free time, my social life, and everything else I needed to spend time on... This game is pure crack, and definitely improves on the original. I'd like to see tweaked controls and better graphics, but's it's brilliant as is.
  90. ElSteve-o
    Nov 7, 2002
    If you dont own it, go buy it immediately. Its even BETTER than GTA 3!
  91. TomS.
    Nov 7, 2002
    Awsome game!! Great graphics.
  92. BobM.
    Nov 8, 2002
    Are u people insane??? the game sucks, have you even acknowledged the graphics, its complete crap!! its like mega drive grapics. the game that all you ppl should be looking at is GETAWAY wait for it people watch this space. this game kills GTA all of em put 2getha.
  93. JonathanP.
    Nov 9, 2002
    A huge improvement over the mediocre and vastly overrated GTA3, Vice City suffers from many of its problems while fixing some. The storyline is more interesting thanks to the fact you feel more involved personally, however the game suffers from the same repetition of the first and is not nearly as addictive as most great games are. I'm not compelled to play it as often as I can and A huge improvement over the mediocre and vastly overrated GTA3, Vice City suffers from many of its problems while fixing some. The storyline is more interesting thanks to the fact you feel more involved personally, however the game suffers from the same repetition of the first and is not nearly as addictive as most great games are. I'm not compelled to play it as often as I can and that says a lot about a game's quality. It's far too easy as well, I've already beat it in about a week, thankfully it was just a rental. Expand
  94. JohnE.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Amazing story line, the best voice work and overall audio in gaming to date, more cars and weapons and on top of all that you can buy businesses to set up your own mob family, and make more money of course. You can actually, as crazy as it sounds, "live" as the character.
  95. LarryS.
    Nov 9, 2002
    GREAT game!! Better than GTAIII, This game ranks beter than a 10+++. MUST HAVE GAME for the GTA fan.
  96. JonathanR.
    Dec 10, 2002
    This game is one of the best and most fun games I have ever played.
  97. DonM.
    Dec 2, 2002
    Buh? £40? FORTY POXY QUID? THE B.ST.RDS ARE SELLING IT AS A FULL PRICED GAME! SWINES! This really isn't a full game, no matter what Rockstar tell you...it's an Add-On. It's a GOOD add-on, but it's an add-on. But it's a GOOD add-on, to the best game ever...which makes it the best game ever, vicariously by being a part of the real best game ever. Look, stop Buh? £40? FORTY POXY QUID? THE B.ST.RDS ARE SELLING IT AS A FULL PRICED GAME! SWINES! This really isn't a full game, no matter what Rockstar tell you...it's an Add-On. It's a GOOD add-on, but it's an add-on. But it's a GOOD add-on, to the best game ever...which makes it the best game ever, vicariously by being a part of the real best game ever. Look, stop reading this rubbish and play it, okay? But don't pay for it. Steal it or something. Forty quid, I ask you... Expand
  98. Nchw
    Dec 28, 2002
    This is a game of exceptional quality. Apart from the loading times this would have to be one of the defest games i have ever played. Buy this game immediately or i will eat your children.
  99. The7thDragon
    Dec 31, 2002
    I love GTA3. I love Vice City, but unfortunatly i found some bugs in Vice City which made me give it a 9. The first annoying flaw i found in the game was the fact that it kept taking mi guns. ex- I finished a mission i forgot which one and i got that machine gun that u use in the helicopter. I kept it but by the time i was half way done with the 2nd Island the game took that gun and all I love GTA3. I love Vice City, but unfortunatly i found some bugs in Vice City which made me give it a 9. The first annoying flaw i found in the game was the fact that it kept taking mi guns. ex- I finished a mission i forgot which one and i got that machine gun that u use in the helicopter. I kept it but by the time i was half way done with the 2nd Island the game took that gun and all the moltov cocktails i saved up for a "block party from hell" :) anyway that was one flaw and another was the fact mi friend found a error were he could walk through cirtin buildings. Besides these issuse and the lame helicopter controls i love the game. The musics good the play control is good and the missions just make the game even funner. I highly recomend this 2 anybody who is not a big religious/moral person. ENJOY EVERY1! Expand
  100. SeanF.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This is one of the best games ever made, just like hitman 2.

No excuses, you’re gonna have to buy this. Unless you don’t own a PS2, in which case, get out of our Internet!
    It's enormous, packed with an immense amount of gameplay, and it's a truly unique gameplay experience...This year's most impressive title, by a log shot.
  3. This is a long game, longer than GTA3 because there are far more missions in this game in a far larger area.