Guitar Hero PlayStation 2

8.7

1. JimJ.
    Dec 30, 2005
    This game gets really old really quickly. The songs aren't very good, I think there's only one on there that is remotely new and it's from one of those girly-guy bands. Where's the real rock? Where's the Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Trapt... you know, the stuff that people actually care about. Even if it did have real rock it still wouldn't be very much This game gets really old really quickly. The songs aren't very good, I think there's only one on there that is remotely new and it's from one of those girly-guy bands. Where's the real rock? Where's the Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Trapt... you know, the stuff that people actually care about. Even if it did have real rock it still wouldn't be very much fun. I guess it was just a bad idea from people who weren't very creative. Well, whatever, back to the drawing board for them. I'd rather listen to the new (and by the way AMAZING!!!) Nickelback album than pretend to play guitar along to some lame Jimi Hendrix song... I mean, come on, isn't he dead? They should have buried all that stupid hippie music along with him to never be heard again, just thinking about it makes me want to puke. Bottom line, if you buy this game, you are probably a dork who doesn't know anything about music. Expand
  2. JohnnyThunders
    Feb 15, 2006
    This is just another PaRappa the Rappa ripoff like Amplitude and Guitarooman and Leisure Suit Larry. Come on, PaRappa is almost 10 years old, let's stop trying to copy it. On top of all that, the characters in the game don't even look real. One of them is even the Grim Reaper... yay... that's cool... I guess.... if you worship Satan.
  3. DanielG.
    Jul 10, 2006
    stupid why dont you play a real guitar instead?
  4. MikeDoobiedoobiedoo
    Dec 2, 2005
    My vote is not for the game, but for the lack of skill shown by the preceding two reviewers in determining when sarcasm is evident in a review. Guys, Dan R. says he's being sarcastic in the last sentence of his review. Damn fools! BTW I have no idea about this game, but I doubt it's bad.
  5. DanR.
    Nov 20, 2005
    This is probably the stupidest game ever made. No one in their right minds would actually play it. First of all, you have to use a cheap plastic guitar instead of a real controller. Playing the game isn't fun at all. Unlike other games, there is no ability to free-roam any kind of environment, shoot anyone in the face, engage in hours and hours of pointless random battles, and it This is probably the stupidest game ever made. No one in their right minds would actually play it. First of all, you have to use a cheap plastic guitar instead of a real controller. Playing the game isn't fun at all. Unlike other games, there is no ability to free-roam any kind of environment, shoot anyone in the face, engage in hours and hours of pointless random battles, and it doesn't even use a leveling up system to replace actual variety in gameplay, all you do is play rock songs on guitar like a retard. Which brings me to my next point, the songs. No one likes these songs. Some of them are like 10 years old or more. Everyone knows that if it isn't on MTV right now, it's not good music. Shame on these people. There isn't even any rap on there, which is the most popular genre of music in the history of the world. If they wanted people to actually buy the game, they'd have a lot of rap, and the new Gwen Stefani song. Instead, it's all like lame guitar music from losers I've never heard of like Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, The Ramones... I guess those people are all new and not very popular or something, and I don't like them because they don't have any top 40 hits right now... probably because they are homosexual retards. If you're cool and like actual MUSIC (the kind without dumb guitars), don't even think of getting this game, don't give these posers any of your money. I'll be playing GTA rip-off #385 instead, and so should you.[ED- they say sarcasm is a lost art...] Expand

#7 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. When it really comes down to it, what this game's about is no-frills rocking. And no-frills rocking is what it does very well. [Nov 2005, p.98]
  2. With its extremely smart approach to difficulty, its great guitar controller, and its killer song selection, Guitar Hero might just be the best rhythm game ever made.
  3. I am frankly astonished by how much playing this game feels like playing the guitar for real.