9.0

1. Oct 27, 2013
    This my favorite kingdom hearts game and maybe one of my favorite games of all time. and a improvement from kingdom hearts 1. the battle system is better, the areas are bigger, although i do think it lacks extra content when compared to kingdom hearts 1. the final mix version fixes that problem, the final mix version has only been released in japan, but there will be an english version inThis my favorite kingdom hearts game and maybe one of my favorite games of all time. and a improvement from kingdom hearts 1. the battle system is better, the areas are bigger, although i do think it lacks extra content when compared to kingdom hearts 1. the final mix version fixes that problem, the final mix version has only been released in japan, but there will be an english version in the kingdom hearts 2.5 HD remix coming soon. but although the game lacks extra content, it has lots of replay value, i think i played this game over 10 times when i had it. the game just pulls you in and you don't want to stop playing. kingdom hearts is one of the best crossovers ever made. Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    That's one of the most epic and incredible game on PlayStation ;3 I LOVE IT.In this game i hate only tutorial which is too long buy it's part of storyline so i can understand this .
  3. Oct 5, 2014
    kingdom hearts 2 is one of the best games i played in my life, the story fits so well together, if you look at the other games, and how huge the story is, it is a miracle that there is almost no plot-holes, the fighting style isn't just pressing a button, its about deflecting and guarding when you have to and get a strategy so you won't get your ass whooped! it improved all the flaws inkingdom hearts 2 is one of the best games i played in my life, the story fits so well together, if you look at the other games, and how huge the story is, it is a miracle that there is almost no plot-holes, the fighting style isn't just pressing a button, its about deflecting and guarding when you have to and get a strategy so you won't get your ass whooped! it improved all the flaws in kingdom hearts 1 (they explain almost nothing about what you have to do, which i like, but dont make me talk twice to a character without telling me i have to talk to her again after a cutscene) Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2 manages to fix the problems of the first game and, as a whole, makes the experience better. However, the game suffers through its story, dialogue, and Atlantica in general. It's still a wonderful game that's a lot of fun.
  5. DerekS.
    Mar 28, 2006
    this is what you need to be playing.
  6. Apr 11, 2011
    Kingdom Heart II is better than its predecessor. Pros: Excellent use of action-RPG and platforming elements, improved controls, graphics, and visual effect, and more Disney worlds to explore. Cons: Only for viewers who have played the previous games and starts out with a dull 3 hour long tutorial.
  7. Alex
    Apr 7, 2006
    surpasses the original in nearly every way. there are some flaws here and there, but they don't really take a whole lot away from an otherwise spectacular game. the worlds, while plentiful, don't seem quite as deep as in the first, and a few worlds don't take much more than a hour a peice to complete a chapter. the game's difficulty does tend to drift from easy to surpasses the original in nearly every way. there are some flaws here and there, but they don't really take a whole lot away from an otherwise spectacular game. the worlds, while plentiful, don't seem quite as deep as in the first, and a few worlds don't take much more than a hour a peice to complete a chapter. the game's difficulty does tend to drift from easy to rather tricky (such as a few of the Organization XIII battles), and some sections feel a little like space-fillers (the 1000 Heartless battle). the graphics are pretty, but some of the character animations (eg. Jack Sparrow's running), and some of the facial animations (particularily the mouth movements) are choppy and awkward, and star to take away from the overall immersion factor after a while. and while the game does have an E10+ rating, the drifting difficulty and some of the storyline's concepts will probably make this game appeal more to teen audiences more than anything else. but the game is fun (and surprisingly addicting), and the new Drive feature is sweet (two keyblades, who can ask for more?). some of the worlds are down-right spectacular (special kudos to SquareEnix for the Tron world), and there are tons of side-stuffs to do. a definite buy. overall 9.2 out of 10. Expand
  8. DanielMcGarry
    Dec 21, 2006
    Many people say that this game is just about bashing X to get through it all but the game has SO much more than that. People are so picky they won't think of even buying the game just because of the childrens charecters in it. Myself included at first i thought "this must be rubbish" i tried it, and BOOM it has to be one of the best games i have ever played. Don't judge a bookMany people say that this game is just about bashing X to get through it all but the game has SO much more than that. People are so picky they won't think of even buying the game just because of the childrens charecters in it. Myself included at first i thought "this must be rubbish" i tried it, and BOOM it has to be one of the best games i have ever played. Don't judge a book buy its cover Expand
  9. JohannY.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts has been known for its intriguing Square-Disney chemistry, star-studded character voices, and notable storyline.. Since its debut, massive fans were created all over the globe and now that a PS2 sequel was finally released, fans were generally mesmerized once more upon the improvement on gameplay elements and the story composition just to name a few.. Better fight scenes, Kingdom Hearts has been known for its intriguing Square-Disney chemistry, star-studded character voices, and notable storyline.. Since its debut, massive fans were created all over the globe and now that a PS2 sequel was finally released, fans were generally mesmerized once more upon the improvement on gameplay elements and the story composition just to name a few.. Better fight scenes, better dialogue, more cool characters.. This game is phenomenal.. Can't wait for the next.. You have to be a Square and/or Disney fan to appreciate this..Hardcore action gamers won't be able to get it. Expand
  10. MartinK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Three simple words, Best Game Ever. Nothing even compares tot he supremacy and excellence of this game. Nothing has been this good, nor will it ever be. The story is complex, interesting and amazing while the gameplay mirrors that. P.S IGN is completely wrong, i think they should realize how much at fault they are.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Im getting this game for my birthday today I cant wait to get it it souns awesome.
  12. DeonS.
    May 23, 2006
    This game is just perfect for the rpg lover like me this is the best sequel EVER!
  13. AnthonyU.
    Jun 11, 2006
    This game is so amazing! I couldn't put the controler down till I was finished! The graphics were awesome, the sound was great, the controls have no flaws, and the overall game was SO cool! If you don't have this game, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and go get it, NOW!
  14. Sora&Kairi
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game is AWESOME! I like Sora and Kairi's new outfits. The funniest thing about this game is summoning Chicken Little.
  15. JasmineW.
    Apr 7, 2007
    This game is the best I don't think any game can top it (well maybe until the 3rd Kingdom Hearts comes out) everyone I know who plays it is totaly addited to it!
  16. ConanL.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Astonishing! The long wait was worth it for an incredible game like this.
  17. PabloRodriguez
    Mar 30, 2006
    part one was the gretest game ever....until part 2. it was so good that my mom almost let me stay home from school to play it and she was definatly convinced that it was the best game ever. YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME!! GRAPHICS CHRACTERS STORY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the BATTLE WAS AWESOME!!...must buy for pS2.
  18. BonbonA.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The story is simply amazing. The first original Kingdom Hearts was excellent, but this.. is just perfect.
  19. SteveT.
    Mar 30, 2006
    A fantastic game so far, great graphics Alll though I am saddened that had to stop playing Oblivion (my 360 took a dump and is off for repair). Kingdom Hearts II fills that little hole in my heart quite nicely. Any fan of FF or Disney will be thrilled with this game. I learned my lesson from the last time. Kingdom Hearts is for everyone, not just kids. Just don't let your friends see A fantastic game so far, great graphics Alll though I am saddened that had to stop playing Oblivion (my 360 took a dump and is off for repair). Kingdom Hearts II fills that little hole in my heart quite nicely. Any fan of FF or Disney will be thrilled with this game. I learned my lesson from the last time. Kingdom Hearts is for everyone, not just kids. Just don't let your friends see you in the Winnie the Pooh world. It is hard to explain to your other adult friends and relatives why you are playing a game that appears to be for a three year old.(I think Pooh rules, but I would get slugged for admitting it) Other than that get this game if you need some PS2 greatness before PS3 comes out. I also recomend getting the limited edtion guide while you can. It is Shwagtastic! Expand
  20. JosephB.
    Apr 11, 2006
    it is the best game i have played in the longest time the sequel is better than the original and it has a boost of action i love it.
  21. TylerD.
    Apr 12, 2006
    Amazing. This game reminded me of why I love video games.
  22. AnthonyC.
    Apr 13, 2006
    This Game is the best action rpg i played sense KOTOR becouse it is full of action and has a deap syntasis system and the overall story is good.
  23. Cameron
    Apr 15, 2006
    This game is amazing, the idsney, the fighting, the actions, the guests, the limits and drives, it rocks! If you don't already have this game, GET IT NOW! You won't be wasting your money.
  24. BenF.
    Apr 17, 2006
    This is the best one yet.This game rocks a lot. It is super enjoyable. This game is even better than the original one. Buy it. It is awesome
  25. DanielM.
    Apr 2, 2006
    I would have liked a more challenging game, with larger worlds. I feel like all of the worlds are no more than three or four rooms. Other than that, it is an amazing, story driven game that I will love forever.
  26. AlexL.
    Apr 22, 2006
    A little heavy on the cutscenes, but gameplay has been vastly improved over that of the first game. It is a rare game that will keep me absorbed for 50+ hours, but KH2 definitely pulls it off. I was definitely put off by the Square/Disney concept when I heard about the original game, but this is a series that is set to go down in RPG history with the likes of Dragon Quest and FF if they A little heavy on the cutscenes, but gameplay has been vastly improved over that of the first game. It is a rare game that will keep me absorbed for 50+ hours, but KH2 definitely pulls it off. I was definitely put off by the Square/Disney concept when I heard about the original game, but this is a series that is set to go down in RPG history with the likes of Dragon Quest and FF if they continue to play their cards right like this. Expand
  27. ChrisC.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Its fantastic, The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic and it's all well meshed together. The gameplay is varied and the voice acting for the most part is great. My only complaint is the constant load times but they are forgivable once you get in.
  28. CD
    Apr 3, 2006
    Being a gigantic fan of series, and having beaten the original and GBA games something like 5 times each, I was definetly excited for this game. I had read preveiws, and seen clips on TV. With al the hye, natutrally, my expectations were set high. I received the game the seond it was avalible to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 includes an incredible amount of small things that add to the overall Being a gigantic fan of series, and having beaten the original and GBA games something like 5 times each, I was definetly excited for this game. I had read preveiws, and seen clips on TV. With al the hye, natutrally, my expectations were set high. I received the game the seond it was avalible to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 includes an incredible amount of small things that add to the overall expeirence. things I noticed include, the camera adjustments, moogle shops at each level, an improved gummi ship game, drive mode, limit abilities, reaction commands, and adjustments you can make to make donald and goofy suit your style. I played about 8 hours, and I was stunned. The graphics had improved by leaps and bounds. This was not a problem with the original, but after seeing next gen quality I was afraid KH2 could not compare. No worries there. Not only that but the game had tons of new features. The added limits, reaction comands, and drive modes are all woundefully added into the now nearly flawless battle system. The camera is now attached to the right analog stick, making a giant improvment on the previous installment. Kingdom Hearts incredible mini games also return to this game. One example is the return of the colisium. The colisium is now destroyed, and a new one has opened in the under world. Each world seems to have it's own unique mini games. (Most were not optional, witch is a disappointment.) Most KH fans will notice something new about the gummi ship as soon as they veiw the world map. Instead of constant battles, you chose a gate in witch you'd like to open, and battle through it once. This opens the gate and allows for you to move through it freely. These gummi battles still take place on tracks, but now you fight enemies on lands, in the air, and fight "bosses" that literally fill up the whole screen. Once defeating one gummi battle, you can return to it to raise your high score, and unlock new gummi parts. Kingdom hearts 2 goes well beyond expectations. This game is nearly flawless, and continues to tell the Amazing story of Sora the keyblade weilder. I searched for years inbetween KH1 and KH2 for something like it to keep me occupied during the vacancy, and was unable to find anything. This is a one of a kind series, and will hopefully make a return with Kingdom Hearts 3. 10 out of 10. Perfect. Expand
  29. Hugh
    Apr 3, 2006
    easily the best game of 2006. in amny ways better than the first, and this is just within the fisrt few hours of gameplay. if u like disney, square, or both, this is for you. if you dont lie, either, u still ghet immersed as this game can appeal to anyone who likes games. this is a must but for anyone who plays games or intends to play in the near future.
  30. RoyL.
    Apr 4, 2006
    The gameplay is much improved from the first.With the new action button (triangle) it gives you much more fun. (my favorit slaying the hydra).
  31. Jun 12, 2011
    Definitely better than the first Kingdom Hearts in both gameplay and story. It's darker and even has certain moments that could be considered epic, even though they have characters that would make us laugh as kids (Goofy and Donald and other Disney toons). The battles at times in this can be extremely long, but to an extent that's what makes it all so fun- it wants you to take your time,Definitely better than the first Kingdom Hearts in both gameplay and story. It's darker and even has certain moments that could be considered epic, even though they have characters that would make us laugh as kids (Goofy and Donald and other Disney toons). The battles at times in this can be extremely long, but to an extent that's what makes it all so fun- it wants you to take your time, plus there's a vast amount of things you can do to get better at fighting. Despite it's E-Rating, this is a pretty mature game and that's why I found more to enjoy in its subject matter, though it still suffers some of the flaws of the first game. Collapse

1. An all around excellent game. It looks phenomenal and plays even better. What started out as a crazy fan based experiment for Square-Enix has panned out to one of the most entertaining titles of the year. [JPN Import]
    From the amazing opening cg cinema (oh god, I think I just soiled myself it was so good) with Utada Hikaru's newest song, Passion, to the kick ass ending, this game rocked and set itself a more than worthy successor to the first Kingdom Hearts. [JPN Import]
  3. It has an excellent battle system, more variety than almost any game out there, great graphics, and an interesting story. The title isn't perfect though. The story lacks a bit of cohesiveness and the auto-camera still can't seem to track everything that's going on. [JPN Import]