tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jan 14, 2014
    Lethal Skies II is a perfect marriage between arcade and realism. Not too much gamey and not too much realistic. "This one is just right!", as Goldilocks would say. The story takes place in the future, where global warming has melted the polar caps, submerging majority of the Earth. Taking place two years after the first game (which I've never played), you are a pilot of the FrontierLethal Skies II is a perfect marriage between arcade and realism. Not too much gamey and not too much realistic. "This one is just right!", as Goldilocks would say. The story takes place in the future, where global warming has melted the polar caps, submerging majority of the Earth. Taking place two years after the first game (which I've never played), you are a pilot of the Frontier Nations (the good guys) fighting a war against a group of rogue nations intent on conquering the world. The background is nice, but I think the story could be fleshed out more. The graphics are decent, but even during its time, it could have been improved. The music in this game is mostly heavy metal, which is good, but sometimes it doesn't fit the mood of some missions. You can change the background music from the tracks the game has to offer to suit the mood. But the voice acting in this game is atrocious, seriously, That said, the story's mood was ruined due to the narrator's terrible acting. And grammar is bad too. Seeing that this is a game from Japan, they probably ran the dialogue through a word-by-word translator. Now for the gameplay, it is great. Because I love flying games, I can forgive the problems of the game mentioned above. As I've said, this game is realism and arcade combined. My main problem is the difficulty. Early in the game, you are given missions which should have been in the second half. The 4th mission is a canyon run mission, and in the 6th mission, you're facing an enemy elite squadron flying F-22 Raptors. It could be difficult for beginners, even on "Easy". It's kinda short too, but you have 2P dogfights and tons of extras, like playing certain missions on the enemy's side. Overall, this game is fun, even a decade later. Buy a used copy somewhere, or if it's released on PSN (hopefully). Collapse
  2. Jan 14, 2014

1. Once you complete each campaign mission, the game unlocks an alternate campaign that allows you to switch sides and fight for the forces of evil! How cool is that to get to be the bad guy after you save the day!
  2. It just doesn't feel like I'm screaming through the great blue yonder. In this case, it seems more like I'm driving a Lincoln Continental with some guns strapped to the hood. [Nov. 2003, p.151]
  3. A well-crafted, entirely satisfactory arcade-style flight combat game--much like its predecessor. In fact, Lethal Skies II is so much like its predecessor, in so many significant ways, it's largely the same game.