8.0

1. Sep 16, 2010
    I couldn't find the original xbox version of this game on metacritic but thats what I had madden 06 on, and it was a really fun game. Very addicting.
  2. Dean.L
    Aug 11, 2005
    A disappointment, indeed. The core elements of this game have remained unchanged for years - the less-than-realistic ball physics, the dopey player animations, that grating John Madden voice, etc. With Sega's competitive influence gone (not to mention their better game), I fear mediocrity is all we have to look forward to. If EA gets exclusive rights for the NHL, I'm giving up video games...forever. Collapse

1. But the real highlights in Madden 06 are on the field. For starters, the new "QB Vision" feature is simply fantastic. Even for long-time Madden fans, the ability to focus the quarterback's attention on certain receivers or parts of the field adds a ton to the gameplay. [Sept 2005]
    Kudos to EA Sports for not being afraid to juice the complexity factor of an already complex game. Rookies will have to pay their dues, but veterans get treated to a brand-new challenge. [Sept 2005, p.82]
  3. The other big addition offers a nice contrast to the traditional franchise mode, which returns as fully featured and deep as ever. In NFL superstar mode, instead of focusing on the fortunes of one team, you follow the career of a character you create (or import from "NFL Street 2" or "NCAA Football 06"). [Sept 2005]